test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'm so scared of hitting 60....

hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am already 48, and I've been hearing how the fun stops at 60 because there is nothing to do. Also Foundry quests are getting more difficult as I get higher level, and I hear they are almost terrifying at 60.
And I am GWF, and I hear GWF gets kicked all the time from epic dungeons.

I'm really scared, I don't know if I ever want to hit 60, because I am enjoying the game as it is. Please quickly raise the cap to 80, or introduce more content quickly.
Post edited by hycinthus on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Dungeons are the real fun for me and you can do plenty of them at level 60.

Plus Gauntelgrym is on the horizon :)
  • Options
    poysonivypoysonivy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My advise is to find an active social guild that doesn't lay the emphasis on class composition. And stay away from pugging.
  • Options
    sorrowswindssorrowswinds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    I am starting to wonder about lvl 60 boredom rumors as well. Think there should be some end game, maybe something similiar to D3's paragon levels. I dont know why but alot of MMo's are lacking adventure quest like finding parts of items to create a truly sweet item. Sure you might see if once or twice in a game and of course everyone has the said item, but what about something really challenging and difficult to obtain?

I had some good ideas for end game content over at D3 but it has fallen of deaf ears so here i am. Hopefully this game is better managed. It is already great enough that i went and got one of the founder packs, but we will see what they do for end game content. From what i have seen so far they really work there tails off here and have released alot of fixes and content thus far.
    eIZAVOi.jpg
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    meh two 60's still having fun
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    meh two 60's still having fun

Same here. Of course that is because I am raising alts........
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd also take a look at the Foundry.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Really? What class do you play because its definitely not a GWF. If so, have fun getting insta-kicked out of parties if you decide for whatever reason use the random Queue system.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    th0rfinn wrote: »
    Really? What class do you play because its definitely not a GWF. If so, have fun getting insta-kicked out of parties if you decide for whatever reason use the random Queue system.

This is the scariest part, like, I haven't done anything wrong. But as a GWF i will get insta-kicked.
  • Options
    demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Either raise an Alt or start learning the Foundry.
  • Options
    kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Can you tell me how to access Gauntelgrym and what it is all about? I don't see it in my Que list on my 60 GWF.
  • Options
    demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gauntlgrym doesn't exist just yet. It's on the horizon for the game as a whole.
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    Can you tell me how to access Gauntelgrym and what it is all about? I don't see it in my Que list on my 60 GWF.

Gauntlegrym is a 20v20 pvp/pve map that isn't released yet. you cant access it.

• Options
    princemarkx01princemarkx01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are guardian fighter being kicked? >,< Scared here.. anyway i can kill a boss all by my self.. and just push all ads on a cliff if theres one... but still i cant finish a dungeon on solo within 2 hours...takes me about 3-4 hours -__-" i really love being on a party specially with wiz and healers... any advice guys? im 55 now >,<
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are guardian fighter being kicked? >,< Scared here.. anyway i can kill a boss all by my self.. and just push all ads on a cliff if theres one... but still i cant finish a dungeon on solo within 2 hours...takes me about 3-4 hours -__-" i really love being on a party specially with wiz and healers... any advice guys? im 55 now >,<

Try to find a nice guild is the best way.
  • Options
    th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Find a nice guild or make another character. Once you're 60 and you haven't you will remember me but if you ahve fun in PvP GF are great.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    hycinthus wrote: »
    I am already 48, and I've been hearing how the fun stops at 60 because there is nothing to do. Also Foundry quests are getting more difficult as I get higher level, and I hear they are almost terrifying at 60.

I'm really scared, I don't know if I ever want to hit 60, because I am enjoying the game as it is. Please quickly raise the cap to 80, or introduce more content quickly.

Basically you have some choice of activity at 60:
    - Work on crafting to lvl 20
    - Epic dungeon crawl.
    - PvP nonstop.

Epic Dungeons are not for everyone, you need to be patient and learn the dungeon. Basically epic
    dungeons are a rehash of all the old dungeons you've done before except they are harder now with stronger mobs. If you are not adquately geared you will find yourself visiting the respawn camp quite often and at 20s per pop for each major injury kit it can be quite expensive as well.

Good thing equipment is all BoE so you can gear yourself up to T2 levels without even having to even worked for it. Just shell out $20 bucks and be fully equipped. Yeah.. there's both good and bad parts for a P2W game.

Certain classes like GWF/GF are getting kicked/ejected from the top level dungeons... well .. i think the issue is more overblown that it really is. But yeah it's due to many many issues like class balancing, perception and the ability to cheap thru the epic dungeons with stacking Astral shielding. I mean why even bother to have a tank when you can have 2 CW/TR 2CLR and be in god mode ?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

GF are also getting kicked I hear.
  • Options
    nagaxellnagaxell Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why would 2 classes get kicked randomly for no reason?
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Because the general impression is the GF and GWF are a spot better used for another DC or CW or even TR. Many dungeons this is true if everyone knows what they are doing, but you can do any dungeon with one of each class, it's just more efficient/faster to use an optimized group - which doesn't include a GF or GWF in many people's minds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    nagaxell wrote: »

Because some people are being <self censored bad word> and needs loving from their momma. Also due to "efficiency". Some classes like Guardian and GWF are percieved as being "useless" in their contribution to their party's success. Also partly due to an overpowered Cleric skill called Astral Shielding (which as of this writing stacks) making whoever is inside the shield receive double the effect (they effectively have double AC and double healing). I mean why would you bother to have a tank when 2 cleric shielding can effectively make the whole party invincible. So these people just load up on dps mainly TR and CW for crowd control purposes (because we all know how Cryptic loves to make bosses spawn a billion adds during boss fights). So right now due to these "overpowered powers" (pun intended) people are able to run epic T2 dungeons without needing a tank. Also people perceive as GWF being not effective in their role as AOE damage dealers (CW is more effective being they do the same damage + CC to boot). So yeah.. there's a variety of issues that must be addressed to break this.
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    nagaxell wrote: »

GWF the damage is just subpar compared to another TR/CW
    GF can't hold threat (because of bugs) and put out subpar damage

All in all people just don't want them because other classes just do it better
    Edit: I say that GWF damage is subpar from experience. Our at-wills are weaker, our encounters have less utility, and overall if there aren't 5+ creatures our damage just falls off. On boss fights particularly our only purpose as of right now is to clean the area of trash.
  • Options
    borgukborguk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Loved getting to 60. Bugs + ****ty mechanics + shady business practices have totally killed my interest at 60 :(
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    borguk wrote: »
    Loved getting to 60. Bugs + ****ty mechanics + shady business practices have totally killed my interest at 60 :(

Me too.. I'm just crafting nowadays and leveling a Cleric and waiting for the Gauntlgrym patch that promises to address all these problems. I'll wait and see.
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The worst part of dungeons at 60 is the dog eat dog, screw them b4 they can screw you, every man for himself hostile "teams" you'll run with if you have no guild.

There is always one need on everything DB that just makes everyone have to get in the gutter with them or lose out on loot.

So four probably nice, cooperative people have to play like DBs too. The cycle just repeats until the whole thing is toxic.

This is by Cryptic's design, if you can believe it. Pretty dumb decision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    The worst part of dungeons at 60 is the dog eat dog, screw them b4 they can screw you, every man for himself hostile "teams" you'll run with if you have no guild.

There is always one need on everything DB that just makes everyone have to get in the gutter with them or lose out on loot.

So four probably nice, cooperative people have to play like DBs too. The cycle just repeats until the whole thing is toxic.

This is by Cryptic's design, if you can believe it. Pretty dumb decision.

Pretty much.... a few rotten apples have contaminated the whole basket.
  • Options
    sorrowswindssorrowswinds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    I wish i could find a good guild to run with but honestly how do you know what is a good guild? Last guild i considered was back in my wow days and they wanted members to put all good items found in the guild item bank or whatever it was called and then sell it splitting the profits with all members?! I was like no thanks thinking to myself i can sell on my own and not have to settle for less then 5% of the value. pfff forget that man lol

It is kinda darned if you do and darned if you don't
    eIZAVOi.jpg
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    hycinthus wrote: »

GWF? Better re-roll now.
  • Options
    quandoomheroquandoomhero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    for me 60 was a moment when i stuck
    i didnt know what to do i just log in to setup workers, i done my daily foundry etc
    but after a while i start to enjoy market, dungeons(and i love all glitches around there coz this make this more fun)
    dunno pvp yet but gonna be fun too for sure
    pretty much after 60 u get a proper sand box
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I remember how much I liked CoX because all that drama had been solved. There was no stress, no looting, no hard feelings caused by greed in that game. It was so refreshing to seriously just have fun with a team of 8 people doing randoms all day, everyone was leveling, get enhancers, etc. Strange how much Cryptic has morphed into...this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm stuck at 60 and just found out that I can't instantly que or manually enter the 60 Epic Dungeon with my Friends. Only one of them left that is level 57 and will be hitting 60 soon. We were excited to do the Epic version of the Dungeon for the gears. Imagine the disappointment when I tell them we have to que for it and can't do it with 5 of us, so lame!!! Game officially just end for us. So many broken mechanic in this game. Most of it doesn't bother me, but to not able to enter on our own is so broken.