test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chat banned again...

Comments

• Options
    dnaidarkfirednaidarkfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm one of those people that report spam on any scrolling text I see more than once "in a short period of time". Keep your spam to yourself.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ligoej wrote: »

This shows nothing but one guy with multiple windows open and one that has been chat banned. Explain how this is such solid proof?
  • Options
    lilmonkey222lilmonkey222 Banned Users Posts: 296 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Why did you posted that? Now I won't have none to laugh at in the forums. You drove him away

Wow, you really need to take some English classes.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This shows nothing but one guy with multiple windows open and one that has been chat banned. Explain how this is such solid proof?

It's not proof at all. Some people just don't understand what 'proof' really means.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Reported himself with 22 characters?
    I'm just pulling that from thin air.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Reported himself with 22 characters?
    I'm just pulling that from thin air.

Oh yeah I forgot how that clearly shows anywhere on there that he reported himself.
  • Options
    iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    @lilmonkey222 :
    θες να συνεχισουμε στα Ελληνικα?Ζωο
  • Options
    bowlobbybowlobby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im getting chat banned every another day for nothing. I dont spam, dont insult or anything like this. I need to use zone chat to sell low value epics for gold. I need other chats to team up and play. Dont you think things like that are crucial for mmorpg? You made a flawed report system that allow exploiters abuse it, maybe its time to fix this?

You're either deluded or lying. 20 people have to report you for spam for you to get banned. That being said, you have to be pretty annoying with the spamming for it to happen. Use some common sense and stop spamming your chat messages over and over and you won't have a problem. Pretty simple. You don't "need" to do any of the things you've mentioned. I can get groups and sell items without saying a word in chat.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh yeah I forgot how that clearly shows anywhere on there that he reported himself.

Sorry, i think i've read too many Sherlock Holmes books.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Sorry, i think i've read too many Sherlock Holmes books.

Ive read the Bible, doesn't mean its true.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Reported.

/10char

omg I'm trembling. First you insult me and then you are reporting me. I'm sure I will get insta banned lol
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ive read the Bible, doesn't mean its true.

I have no idea what bridge you're going with that, but what ever.
    It's nothing to be shame about missing the obvious.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have no idea what bridge you're going with that, but what ever.
    It's nothing to be shame about missing the obvious.

Your right, You are believing in something that isnt there. Nothing is being shown that he is reporting or even ignoring the same character. All you see is a bunch of windows open, a task manager, and one account being chat banned. You could draw conclusions from it sure but it is not concrete proof.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Your right, You are believing in something that isnt there. Nothing is being shown that he is reporting or even ignoring the same character. All you see is a bunch of windows open, a task manager, and one account being chat banned. You could draw conclusions from it sure but it is not concrete proof.

lol you are confused man. You're not a character in a Noir film. Yes it is not concrete proof. How could it ever be on the internet? Anyone can photoshop anything these days. There are 2 facts in this one:
    1) the link is probably true
    2) you're very young

Even if the link was a vid of someone doing these exact steps you would still insist that it is a fake. People like you are always behaving like this. Once they start a debate they never admit they're mistaken. NEVER
  • Options
    ireportyuireportyu Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013

I don't know if you know how hard it is to record anything with 22 instances of the game open. Those were all fresh accounts with brand spankin' new level 1 characters (with the exception of the lv4 in PE to collect other's @handles). Very unlikely that anyone else had /ignore_spammer'd any of them other than myself. While the screenshot by itself might not be concrete evidence that the number is 21, you might take it that it is coming from the horses mouth?
  • Options
    ligoejligoej Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What I found after a 2 min search showed me more then I'm willing to post in the forums.
    What could possibly be dangerous about 1 person with 21 windows open describing how to 24 hour chatban people? Heck, what I gave was probably too much.
  • Options
    demattodematto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The chatban thread from a few days ago where a lot of these details were hashed out was completely deleted, probably because it contained detailed instructions on how to silence anybody in the game as often as you want. A free script to make the silencing take a single button press. A program to rename the windows of Neverwinter since they all default to the same name. Multiple people in the thread were silenced for being trolls who refused to acknowledge the brokenness/unfairness of the system.

The details that were worked out that aren't a huge offense to post: The support for these is that "This is how it works in Champions and STO, it's how it has worked in these games for years, and the devs have repeatedly gone on record as "The system is WAI"
    -21 Reports required to silence.
    -The counter doesn't decay over time.
    -Ignore and Report Spam both contribute, at the same rate, to silencing.
    -You never have to speak in the game, EVER to be silenced. All you need is someone's @handle, and unless you happened to be around during the company merger, your forum name is your @handle.
    -You MIGHT not even have to be on the same shard.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im getting chat banned every another day for nothing. I dont spam, dont insult or anything like this. I need to use zone chat to sell low value epics for gold. I need other chats to team up and play. Dont you think things like that are crucial for mmorpg? You made a flawed report system that allow exploiters abuse it, maybe its time to fix this?

Your selling in chat. That is why you got the ban. When I'm in a zone with someone posting to zone chat any item for sale I will report them. I'm not the only one who does that. When you have enough reports or ignores you get a 24 hour chat ban.

That is how the system is designed to work.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wctp0wackowctp0wacko Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't ever have a problem with people advertising their epics for sale, as long as they don't post the item more than once per 2 minutes. Don't double or triple post it, that right there get's a spam flag. the report system works just fine... if the other players think you're spamming, that's how they let you know.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lol you are confused man. You're not a character in a Noir film. Yes it is not concrete proof. How could it ever be on the internet? Anyone can photoshop anything these days. There are 2 facts in this one:
    1) the link is probably true
    2) you're very young

Even if the link was a vid of someone doing these exact steps you would still insist that it is a fake. People like you are always behaving like this. Once they start a debate they never admit they're mistaken. NEVER

Sadly your points are incorrect.

While the link is probably true it is not the proof that people have been spouting as solid concrete proof. No I am not very young, and even if I were age really has nothing to do with any of this.

If someone were to show through video that this is exactly what is being shown I would give up this pointless debate and agree that 21 people is all that is needed. But that kind of proof hasnt been given so I have no reason to give up my stance like you have no reason to give up yours.
  • Options
    rondaricrondaric Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As far as I am concerned, ANY message in zone chat that contains an item-link should be automatically diverted to the perfectworld trade channel. That would clear up zone chat, stop people getting banned for selling and we could occasionally help people asking questions in chat.

Anybody looking to buy stuff would then also know where to go.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    omg I'm trembling. First you insult me and then you are reporting me. I'm sure I will get insta banned lol

Not by any common definition of the word 'insult', anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    rondaric wrote: »
    As far as I am concerned, ANY message in zone chat that contains an item-link should be automatically diverted to the perfectworld trade channel. That would clear up zone chat, stop people getting banned for selling and we could occasionally help people asking questions in chat.

Anybody looking to buy stuff would then also know where to go.

And what about asking a question about a certain item, or simply discussing an item? Your suggestion is very flawed. Nice try.
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    Who told you that you could decide for me whether I could but something from zone or not????? Who gave you that job??? I did not.... I NEVER (maybe 5 times ever) talk in zone, now mostly because I am afraid of some nozzle like you reporting me because you do not like the way I structure my sentences, I DO however BUY from trade. What makes you think you can take that away from me? You say the system is working as designed, but who told you that? Furthermore, if it were working properly then why is it that only self-righteous, pompous, donkey's behinds like you get to "ban" someone, but the MANY more people like me who appreciate being able to buy from zone get no voice in the matter?? Seems like you and your "holy avengers of chat" may be the ones who have twisted what zone chat is suppose to be into your image and said "screw everyone else, they don't matter"

Think about it.

Cryptic did. They have that feature in their games and have for 2 years. It is there so I will use it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic did. They have that feature in their games and have for 2 years. It is there so I will use it.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Sounds like you have a lot to learn about life.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Sounds like you have a lot to learn about life.

Exactly. Just because you can use zone chat to sell stuff doesn't mean you should. Simple courtesy would tell you that the general chat should not be tied up with trade spam.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.