test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF and GWF are not underpowered

jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
GFs and GWFs can increase their gear score by much more than any other class. Any GWF or GF can have at least 13k gear score with a few T2 set pieces, weapon, and rings. Next time you see an average geared GWF, ask them what their gear score is, they will usually say above 12k easily.

Every other class must have BIS to even reach 11k.

GWF and GF are also unmatched in PvP, able to one or two-shot most other classes while remaining tanky as well.

They not not underpowered as their gear is much better than anyone.
Post edited by jellicho on

Comments

• Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    after some time, I think GF/GWF is not underpowered but rather too all-rounder swordman fighter, only one with big sword the other bring a shield
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and score means everything?

um my 14.6k GF is one of the weakest links in my entire guild.. Most others playing rogues/wiz/clerics at around 10-11k scores.

A rogue in my guild can litterally do FOUR times my dps. Four times.. Hes insanely good, but im also pretty sure my GF is among the top dps ones around too ( Max dps spec, greater plague fire, 15,000 power...)
    Clerics out tank me
    Wizards out support and out cc me.
    I have no role im best at due to this.

Score means nothing from class to class. Its only comparable for same class.

GF doesn't need a huge buff, but they need a buff. Mainly in agro, partly in other areas (dps, block speed, etc).
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    A higher gear score means that the gear is better. GF and GWF can attain the highest gear scores in the game.
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol GF high gear score comes only because of the feat which doubles our power when shield is full. Only one spec can achieve this (happens to be the only viable one), and power is not that great of a stat anyways.
  • Options
    wednesdaywoe13wednesdaywoe13 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gearscore fixed my broken, lagging shield and turned Mark into a really fun, intuitive and useful class feature.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What the heck does gear score have to do with class design and class synergy?

Are you under some strange illusion that gear score (in any game) is some magical all-knowing, all-seeing key aspect of your character? It is just a simple and very limited summary of stats. It says nothing about what your character is.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You guys are getting trolled so hard.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jellicho wrote: »
    GFs and GWFs can increase their gear score by much more than any other class. Any GWF or GF can have at least 13k gear score with a few T2 set pieces, weapon, and rings. Next time you see an average geared GWF, ask them what their gear score is, they will usually say above 12k easily.

GWF and GF are also unmatched in PvP, able to one or two-shot most other classes while remaining tanky as well.

I think this is a trend now. There are so many empty complaints about GWF and to a lesser degree GF, then there are many in-depth posts detailing exactly why those 2 classes are subpar (and as a GWF myself I know as much). And Ive noticed every once in a awhile someone comes screaming that both the GWF and the GF are perfectly fine ( but OP reaches new heights by claiming they are the best ! wow )..
    Next you make a claim such as this please be prepared to share with the rest of us who "obviously dont know how to play the class" a few videos of your GWF dominating everywhere from dungeons to pvp.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    difcardifcar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While I agree a properly build GF is one of the strongest classes in the game GS has nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    wh0wh0 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    difcar wrote: »
    While I agree a properly build GF is one of the strongest classes in the game GS has nothing to do with it.

As a GF, only TR is unmatch right now. Though Cw is slightly stronger than GF/GWF, we do have chance in winning but usually left us about 50% or lower health after the fight (Skill/timing matter most) and with equal gear of cos. This is solely based on 1v1 scenario. I tested and concluded with my GF & TR, against my group of friends, unless you can prove me wrong.

Even Envy said "run away" XD

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?166451-Envy-s-DPS-Guardian-Fighter-compendium&p=4039741#post4039741
  • Options
    gbf360gbf360 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You have never played either of these classes have you?

If there was a thumbs down option in these forums I would give you 2.
  • Options
    sacredchaossacredchaos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A higher gear score means that the gear is better. GF and GWF can attain the highest gear scores in the game.

Wrong, try playing the game before showing the world your dumb.
    GWF lvl 60.
    Completed all content waiting for more.
    And class balances.... trololollol.
  • Options
    faulkalfaulkal Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    sadly this is all true. i absolutely LOVE playing my GF. but, with all ive seen and heard, my rogue is coming up in the ranks. though, is not as much fun as my GF imo.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You do realize what we do to large regenerating creatures that live under bridges in D&D ... we cut off their heads and burn their bodies.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

GS doesn't mean ****.

GF is not underpowered, it's just completely unnecessary.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    popeonarope101popeonarope101 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't speak about GWF, never played one. I do however run T2s with a GF and I think the class needs work. Real short, our abilities need to be able to peel quicker and hold agro better then we currently do. I also think our block depletes too quickly or does not recharge quick enough. I would be fine with either a bigger block or the ability to go through my block more often. Right now it's a bit low. DPS-wise, if the other issues are fixed, I think the dps is where it should be.
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On a serious note here. Gear score being higher means nothing when the base damage level they work off of is trash. A TR's at-wills do a minimum of twice the damage that a GWF's do on a per hit basis, so even with a significantly lower GS the TR is still more effective.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    On a serious note here. Gear score being higher means nothing when the base damage level they work off of is trash. A TR's at-wills do a minimum of twice the damage that a GWF's do on a per hit basis, so even with a lower so even with a significantly lower GS the TR is still more effective.

Gearscore is best for trolling queue groups by getting into epics in mostly greens.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Troll successful :)
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And this is why all groups doing T2 speed runs prefer to take neither of the classes mentioned. This is why GWFs get kicked from pugs more than any other class. It's because there's no issue with either class.

I don't think anyone's complaining that the fighter classes are lacking in PvP. In PvE there is definitely a huge issue to be addressed. As it stands the fighter classes are the most difficult to gear up. Just stand in Protector's Enclave during dungeon delves and count how many people are spamming zone chat with, LF GF, LF GWF. Try queueing for dungeon runs as a GWF and see how many times you get immediately sent back to Protector's Enclave after you zone into a dungeon.
  • Options
    snugglemancersnugglemancer Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wow... You guys should really stop giving serious responses to an obviously trolling OP. It's getting sad.
  • Options
    faulkalfaulkal Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Meh OP or UP Idc. I love playing my gf. My rogue was my first toon them rolled a GF to tank withy friends cleric. I don't like playing my rogue now actually. I'm sure will be fixed at some point which will be great news everyone!
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Gearscore in this game is a big fat joke. Must be an idiot to rely on gearscore.
  • Options
    th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Gearscore in this game is a big fat joke. Must be an idiot to rely on gearscore.

Yeah, GS doesn't determine player skills. Seen many CW that doesn't know their role.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Dear Dev's,

Please buff GF base damage by at least 25% we seriously need the damage so we can tank properly and have a better threat generation.

Thank You.
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    lol GF high gear score comes only because of the feat which doubles our power when shield is full. Only one spec can achieve this (happens to be the only viable one), and power is not that great of a stat anyways.

that exactly, ^

Stats doesn't make your class viable, at most it makes you more viable than a lower GS of the same class. GS doesn't considerate broken feats/powers, dungeons mechanics that doesn't need our role while being outperform by everyone that stands in a cleric circle. So pretty much everyone can have the same defence but the other classes can dodge while bringing their main utility and better damage.

Stats is not link directly to a player performance in dungeon environment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    veleriawhitewolfveleriawhitewolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    The other day I went into CN with my gearscore. I went AFK and by the time I came back my gearscore soloed the whole thing. It had a little trouble on Dracoliche but I think that was because my potions wore off.
  • Options
    patsboempatsboem Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont understand OP's conclusion about everything that makes GWF and GF viable. What has gear and AC to do with there roll in Pve at the moment. The game is so broken towards those two classes. Simple put: there are three other classes that combined and stacked are way better then anything the two can offer.

Start with fixing there feats (as they promised) and give the GWF a good damage boost and the GF a good threatbase. Then do something about the stacking of shields (DC) and lower the DC threat when they use there skills. lastly they need to dumb down the places where mobs can be put off cliffs.

Its not that complicated if they realy like a solid game..

I like where the TR is atm: he is overpowered and is fun: but at the same time why did they nerfed the other 2 melee classes (esp GWF) to the ground? 60% damage nerf since OB is not a joke and when you play the class (i did) till 60 you feel theres something wrong. Give us back the fun, if its a bit OP its only more fun as long other classes can have OP combos: yes pls! win-win
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How can you tell if the GWF is underpowered or doing fine when you can't get into a PUG group for T2 with it?

On top of that, how do you factor in all the GWF using Sure Strike who are coming in dead last in every dungeon run in damage delt?

After playing with other GWF in dungeon queue PUG's, I can say that most of them use Sure Strike, and all of the ones that use Sure Strike are being out DPS'ed by GWF using anything else at all. If you are higher than dead last and you are using Sure Strike, it means that the rest of your PUG group were asleep at the switch and I'm amazed you could clear a T1 dungeon with such a group.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC