test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF and GWF are not underpowered

2»

Comments

• zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jellicho wrote: »
    GFs and GWFs can increase their gear score by much more than any other class. Any GWF or GF can have at least 13k gear score with a few T2 set pieces, weapon, and rings. Next time you see an average geared GWF, ask them what their gear score is, they will usually say above 12k easily.

Every other class must have BIS to even reach 11k.

GWF and GF are also unmatched in PvP, able to one or two-shot most other classes while remaining tanky as well.

They not not underpowered as their gear is much better than anyone.

Gearscore means nothing, GWF have the lowest damage moves of all other classes. GF have glitched block powers, threat problems and a paper thin guard meter. And once that is gone they die faster than any other class. The dodge powers and ranged attackers have a lot easier time avoiding damage than a GF can soak it.

If Fighters where not the weakest of all the classes we would not get insta kicked from endgame dungeons. The only way to fix this problem is to buff the fighters so other players actually want to play with them.

I had a normal dungeon group today and 2GWF and a GF where in the group. the group did so badly we disbanded after the first boss. The GF was the first to leave.
  • zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zardoz007 wrote: »
    I had a normal dungeon group today and 2GWF and a GF where in the group. the group did so badly we disbanded after the first boss. The GF was the first to leave.

Simply a case of bad players my friend. We did a Pirate group today 2 GF, 1 GWF, 1 CW, 1 DC. The CW was inexperienced and undergeared. Granted Pirate is quite easy, but we did the whole thing with no cheese - no knocking off cliffs and no perching the final boss. Was one of the smoothest, quickest, easiest runs of Pirate I've ever done. (aside from the time we could have saved knocking trash off bridges, but we simply weren't trying to rush).

P.S 2x Knight's Valor is pretty freaking amazing.

The only thing that bugs me about GF is the recent block bug, which I've largely adapted to but it's still annoying. The trick with GF is knowing when and where to slot what skills. And knowing when to block, avoid, or facetank hits. I used to hate how thin the block meter is, and while I believe it could use a slight boost, I've learned how to manage it and balance it with my HP bar a hell of a lot better then I did at first.
  • tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont like knocking off trash away in pubs, since the dungeon is a good trial run on how you do as a group. You need a good rithme for the boss.
  • gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited June 2013
    I main CW. I recently rolled an alt GF just to get some class availability going for raids and I can honestly say that the class is fine. No, it isn't a real tank, there's no real point holding agro on anything and yeah, block is a pile of ****. But the class, independent of these issues, is still at an acceptable level of balance.

People might argue that relying on such an awkward build (Conqueror & power stacking) to be of any use is a bit unfair, and that the GF should serve a different role, but CW is really in the same boat. Black hole spamming is what makes us useful. I don't really think it's intended either, and if it wasn't in the game CW would be a bad class.

Knight's Valor can instantly fill up your entire AP bar and transfer a lot of the incoming damage to you, the closest thing we have to an actual tanking ability. Into the Fray is just utterly ridiculous. Keeping it up on a rogue is very significant. The additional ability to remove armor mitigation with two seperate debuffs is nice as well, although not as useful when your entire group has GPF.

As for personal output, GF have crazy AOE and AP generation. Keeping 100% uptime on Villain's Menace is not unreasonable and makes mechanics pretty much irrelevant, combined with having 30k HP on what is essentially an AOE/support class, dying can be very difficult. Our damage is also nothing to laugh at, especially considering our scaling with power - we gain 3 times as much damage from power as CW and about 8 times as much as rogues.

Combine this with either the Stalwart set (for a free 8k power) or the Knight's set (for a free ~6k power for your group) and you are anything but useless. To make this even more insane, all of the BIS gear for GFs is essentially worthless. My maths suggests that blue gear may even be ideal in every jewelery slot, and I haven't found a weapon combination that beats the pirate sword combined with the blue Heroic Defender shield in terms of raw offensive stats.

This makes gearing up a GF require something like 1/10th of the funds to gear up another class to an equal level, especially considering the unpopularity of the class. The fact of the matter is, the class is fine. If you are having trouble getting into a group and you believe it is because the class sucks, you are wrong. I'll concede that you can't control other peoples opinions, but outside of that there is no excuse for being a ****ty GF.
  • warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think GF is fine but I am a little disappointed rogues can tank better than me. I wanted to play a tank that's why I rolled a GF. I feel like cryptic did not mean for rogues to out-tank GFs. Maybe they did but they sure make it look to players like GFs are supposed to be the tanks and they're really not.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    warflux wrote: »
    I think GF is fine but I am a little disappointed rogues can tank better than me. I wanted to play a tank that's why I rolled a GF. I feel like cryptic did not mean for rogues to out-tank GFs. Maybe they did but they sure make it look to players like GFs are supposed to be the tanks and they're really not.

Don't feel bad, none of the bosses are at all dangerous. Any class could tank naked if they could hold agro.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    GFs and GWFs

Yes, only the GWF is. The GF is fine.

For the rest of your gibberish, it postulates that same amount of GS means same efficiency of the toon.
    English is not my first language.
  • warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gunbahaha wrote: »
    I don't really think it's intended either, and if it wasn't in the game CW would be a bad class.
    That's really the issue to me, the classes don't really seem to play as they are supposed to so everyone is finding awkward ways to use them.
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GWF and GF are also unmatched in PvP, able to one or two-shot most other classes while remaining tanky as well.

Trollololol

Edit:

Also, this thread delivers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
    edited June 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    Also, this thread delivers.

I agree, the amount of hilarity is delicious.