test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.1.20130416.42

Comments

• edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    LOL GWF nerf, what a crock. They suck so much it doesn't even matter if they are invulnerable. They are still instantly kicked from any group they TRY to join, this game is a pathetic pile of garbage.
  • kpledertlekpledertle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm amazed at the amount of negative responses on this thread. Is it that hard to deal without a video game for a few hours. Seriously if your that addicted to games just fire up Skyrim for a few hours. Personally I love that this game is constantly getting patched. It means that they are actively trying to make the game better and more polished. Even if the things they patch are small, which the freezing at loading screens was not small at all imo, it is not like they aren't aware of the bigger issues of the game. One problem at a time gentlemen.
    Coming from LOTRO where the same instance bug will never get fixed after four years of being out, where they release 3 raids you had to pay for and one of them is completely broken and will crash your system every time and their fix was to just take it down for a month which led to all sorts of gearing issues and then the other two raids they accidently put the T2 gear on T1 making it a farm fest that they left open for months without letting the playerbase know what their plan is; I respect this game for making improvements on a consistent basis and for keeping up with the playerbase. Not every suggestion on the forums is a feasible one.
    I am a person who played PWI when it came out and hated what this company did to the game over time. They made PWI the most pay to win game ever and I denounced this company. I gave them one more chance because of the promise this game had and so far I can say I have pleasantly surprised.
    - From One Satisfied Customer
  • lolpwelollolpwelol Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kpledertle wrote: »
    I'm amazed at the amount of negative responses on this thread. Is it that hard to deal without a video game for a few hours. Seriously if your that addicted to games just fire up Skyrim for a few hours. Personally I love that this game is constantly getting patched. It means that they are actively trying to make the game better and more polished. Even if the things they patch are small, which the freezing at loading screens was not small at all imo, it is not like they aren't aware of the bigger issues of the game. One problem at a time gentlemen.
    Coming from LOTRO where the same instance bug will never get fixed after four years of being out, where they release 3 raids you had to pay for and one of them is completely broken and will crash your system every time and their fix was to just take it down for a month which led to all sorts of gearing issues and then the other two raids they accidently put the T2 gear on T1 making it a farm fest that they left open for months without letting the playerbase know what their plan is; I respect this game for making improvements on a consistent basis and for keeping up with the playerbase. Not every suggestion on the forums is a feasible one.
    I am a person who played PWI when it came out and hated what this company did to the game over time. They made PWI the most pay to win game ever and I denounced this company. I gave them one more chance because of the promise this game had and so far I can say I have pleasantly surprised.
    - From One Satisfied Customer

Don't even compare this pile of garbage to LOTRO. This won't even have 1/10 of the lifespan of that game, and certainly won't come close to the success they had either.
  • psycadelicapsycadelica Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    nadaclos wrote: »
    Yeah aggro seems to be a MAJOR PROBLEM for tanks and healer, but they are more busy creating spider companions.....Really, you want to create a good game or just a P2W game dress up in a shape of F2P.

lol u even know what p2w is?

ohh that guys got more bag slots, hes gona own my *** :D

P2W = items sold in cash shop which gives an unfair advantage over people who dont put money into the game.

go play Allods, and then u will be educated in P2W with runes u can spend 100's of euro's on and still just be an average strengh player, then have chests with extraa skill points, rubies, the equivalent to feat points here
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    LOL GWF nerf, what a crock. They suck so much it doesn't even matter if they are invulnerable. They are still instantly kicked from any group they TRY to join, this game is a pathetic pile of garbage.

yeah pretty much the only way they could get anything was with tha , they still had to time it and mash th ekeys alot and took a long time to down things, not like they didn't make an effort. now they're pretty much pointless ot play though, and worthless until a buff. a lot of time wasted for people playing them to too high of a level when they find they can't gea rup or do anything any more until the classes are balanced. it wa sprobably clerics and wizards *****ing th emost about it, and they get picked for everything and win pvp without being touched if theyre a wizard. irony, i truly dislike this community as it seems the lack of balance int his game and bugginess has drawn some really bad crowds to dominate it as is. by the time anything is made better, i'll be on to elder scrolls, they oughta just scrap it all together and try to get hired by zenimax or something lmao
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • nadaclosnadaclos Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013

P2W = items sold in cash shop which gives an unfair advantage over people who dont put money into the game.

go play Allods, and then u will be educated in P2W with runes u can spend 100's of euro's on and still just be an average strengh player, then have chests with extraa skill points, rubies, the equivalent to feat points here

Really? You really want to argue with me about the P2W stuff....Seriously??? Heirlooms who grow up with you giving you a huge avantage in pvp/pve, companions who gives you massive bonus only obtained by zen, high tier equipment only obtain by zen money by buying keys, Assest only obtained by buying profesion box in zen market, YOU HAVE TO PAY 200ZEN for respect your talents....You want me to continue???

I dont even argue about the PAY stuff or if they do these thing, i mean im fine if they sell whatever they want in Zen store, BUT you can sell stuff if the CORE of the game and the gameplay ITSELF is BROKEN and not working. I mean seriously maybe you dont care about agro, because you are a TR or a CW, but for ppl who really want to enjoy a balanced game and a strategic focus game this is a MAJOR ISSUE, more important than spider companions.
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

even if youre a wiz or cleric, youll likely get kicked for someone with a cat or stat pet, stat pets cost money, and for the diamonds even for cat, youre likely buying those diamonds with money, or farming dailies forthe next 2 or 3 months just to get them for one character. and, good luck with that being booted alt he time.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • nalravnalrav Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013

You mean like mounts that give more than twice the speed, or the ability to get months worth of AD in minutes? or enchants or craft materials obtainable from no where else or bleh w\e its p2w but who cares it a pretty bunk game worth only a short period of playing.
  • foolsyoufoolsyou Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Defence? We got mobility!

mobility is nice but if you have lag its means squat compared to dodge 100% dmg migitation. I still get hit even though on my end I am far beyond the dmg circle no every one lives in the city with fiberoptics on a bran new computer.
  • skeeeezahskeeeezah Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When are you going to patch class balance so 5 man groups actually function properly? Tanks need more to hold threat and gain threat, the end.
  • rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Next patch needs to address the threat or aggro mechanics, or you'll lose plenty of customers to Marvel Heroes or RIFT.
  • dragonclaws77dragonclaws77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay regardless of what they fix not everyone is going to be happy per se, I agree on the part about GWF I have never been to bite off more than I could chew, and survive. Invincible? Since when?
    2) Using the Trickster Rouge class, they generally do have a greater advantage along with the DC, CW and GF.
    3) Regardless of what class you play it is not whether or not you can survive countless enemies it ends up how each of us play each class seperately. That determines our capabilities to play as a certain class.
    Yes the game does need work however on that caveat what game does not? Changes will come in time.
    The question you have to ask yourself are you enjoying playing the game if so then have fun if not then go find on suitable for you and your play style.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Next patch needs to address the threat or aggro mechanics, or you'll lose plenty of customers to Marvel Heroes or RIFT.

Thanks for reminding me that Rift is going F2P. That's where I'm headed methinks, Neverwinter is DOA. It's as if there was never a closed beta at all.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mickwan wrote: »
    double gem event?

Ya what are double gems anyway. What gems R you talking about. Some other stupid monitary system starting up
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you players actually took the time to look around the Neverwinter website, then you would've noticed why certain issues aren't fixed yet. Google "Neverwinter State of the Game". Give them some break guys, they're working hard to fix the major issues but can't since they also need money to do that, which is why they're coming out with temporary packs.
    This is totally what i am starting to think.

Here is what i think happened before the Beta Launch.

The dev's were getting really close to their budget for developing the game. They needed more time and money. With HAsbro breathing down their necks. The dev team came up with the bright idea, "hey lets launch this as is call it a beta launch and open the cash store. We can get the funds to continue developing the game and make money at the same time."

I think this is what happened because most of the exploits or all from the Closed beta got into the Open Beta. If they had all the funds to fix the game bugs and exploits first then do the Open beta they would of. But they didnt have the cash left to get them fixed. OPen beta with cash grab was born. I bet if we could look into the budget funds for the game development this would be true. They had no choice to release the game as is, they needed the cash grab asap.
  • sevensxsevensx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you did nothing to stop the millions of bots?
  • coerivcoeriv Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Loading screen will no longer get stuck for some users"

Some is correct.

Still gets stuck.

Try again.
  • h20wnedh20wned Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coeriv wrote: »
    "Loading screen will no longer get stuck for some users"

Some is correct.

Still gets stuck.

Try again.
    And now players who weren't having that issue are receiving it now. frustrating since i've already put at least 300$ in to your game, and now i can't even log in to play....

Edit- After waiting at said loading screen for well over 20 minutes, i tabbed back to have it at my character selection screen, no permanent lock out. but a delay for sure... maybe its a new issue stemming from your new solution?
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rofl this game is sinking before its official release, that's gotta be some kind of new record.
  • kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    Hello Perfectworld. Your Patchnotes make this game look like a huge cashgrab/scam.
  • nadaclosnadaclos Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well is official, Cryptic you have 17 days to fix at least the CORE of the game (that mean class Balance and Agro) before a rift open in the sky and take your few players away.

Time is running out.
  • mrchinomrchino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you seriously think that none of the classes are in the kind of state that need hotfixing, then that's probably where you have lost me. I know you play a 60 GF, therfore you know how difficult the aggro issues are. It's not a coincidence that everyone has this at the top of their list of issues in the game.
  • elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Buy zen in the cash shop
    >transfer it over to ad
    >buy whatever gear you want outside of certain items that are bop...kinda is pw2 honestly
  • machinegunbluesmachinegunblues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So.

What the hell are gems?
    edited May 2013
    yes. You don't get to block. That shield is just for aesthetic purposes. Working as intended.
    edited May 2013
    x3mta3x wrote: »
    Exactly! I love how everyone cries that the Rogue is op, when we are NOT even close. You want to know who is OP'd in PvP? CW, GWF, and GF, all of them are capable of "stun locking" you. DC is also OP'd(compared to Rogue) with the push back, DoTs, etc..

What advantage do Rogues get? Stealth? LOL what a joke, you can TARGET us THROUGH stealth and we are MORE than half dead BEFORE we get to you, and when we do get to you we are stun locked. Rogues are the ONLY class that can NOT immobilize their target, lame. Yeah we get one AoE silence, BUT you can WALK RIGHT OUT of it, LOL, lame again.

Yeah we are sooo op, ROFL what a joke. The people that complain that Rogues are OP'd are people that can't PvP well, period.

wait wait wait....I dont play a tr...you can target through stealth...?....? Hmm could be the issue there. That seems anti rogueish dont ya think.
  • konnerkonner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elahndra wrote: »
    wait wait wait....I dont play a tr...you can target through stealth...?....? Hmm could be the issue there. That seems anti rogueish dont ya think.

Yeah you can target them through stealth, but you have to pretty much mash buttons and hope you're aiming in the right direction, because it's kinda ****ty how they can be stealthed and throw blades at everyone, and they stay in stealth the whole time. Don't you think in a typical MMO where there's something called "balance" as soon as you trigger an attack that's not to stun, you would become visible? Well, welcome to a cryptic made world, where the developers have no idea what they're doing. Champions was a disaster with pvp, and so is star trek online. Star trek has been abandoned in terms of pvp because it's so pointless since it's so unbalanced, and it actually had fun pvp back in closed beta/open beta :/
    My in-game handle is @Ishamii and my STO/CO handle is @konner920 if you wanna add me on anything.

Shard: Beholder

Characters: Ishami (GWF level 60, geared for pvp) waiting for the Ranger class to be added

Neverwinter FTW
  • bloodletter24bloodletter24 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All the balance changes will come in one fell swoop. No class is in a state where they deserve a hotfix buff.

Um yes "Rogues" They can hide and throw daggers at you and remain hidden the hole time. Plus it takes half of your life. ???? Oh and they can roll out of just about any encounter power you throw at them plus hide as well. If this is not in need of a hot fix not sure what is.
    edited May 2013
    konner wrote: »
    Yeah you can target them through stealth, but you have to pretty much mash buttons and hope you're aiming in the right direction, because it's kinda ****ty how they can be stealthed and throw blades at everyone, and they stay in stealth the whole time. Don't you think in a typical MMO where there's something called "balance" as soon as you trigger an attack that's not to stun, you would become visible? Well, welcome to a cryptic made world, where the developers have no idea what they're doing. Champions was a disaster with pvp, and so is star trek online. Star trek has been abandoned in terms of pvp because it's so pointless since it's so unbalanced, and it actually had fun pvp back in closed beta/open beta :/

Do not forget they can hide out of cc and roll out of them as well, and roll right out of pretty much any encounter power that does damage.
    edited May 2013
    elahndra wrote: »

LMAO..... Bro TR are way op. Perhaps you are not playing yours right. They have interrupts that make it so you cannot do anything for a few second which means you are dead. They have a one hit kill button that hits up to 29000 hp that I have seen. They can hide and throw daggers from at distance at you, and no you cannot target them. In less you run into them but hey wait this dagger throwing **** takes half or more of your life then they hit you with a back stab "Your dead" I have watched a rogue take on three of my team mates and kill us all and almost a fourth. He would just use this hide and ranged dagger throwing **** that allows him to remain hidden and would just hide the hole time well doing huge amounts of damage.
This discussion has been closed.