Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.1.20130416.42

Comments

• Options
    aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all of you people defending rogues against the NerfBat™:
    I completely agree, with just a single exception.

Exception:
    Rogues have the ability to lock you out of your skills. This ability has ZERO diminishing returns, which guarantees a rogue with superior gear very many quick kills in PvP. This, for all intents and purposes, is an unfair advantage for a high DPS class.

That is the only thing I would change. Make the addition of Diminishing Returns on ability lockouts from other classes, and make those Diminishing Returns count for every rogue/class which can apply them.

Example:
    Two rogues are beating my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in PvP. Both attacking me at the same time. They both toss their lockout ability on me. The second one applied should have a reduced timer, and both rogues should have a timer set to cause the effect to no longer lock me out of my skills for a set amount of time.

In other words; TR1 locks my skills down - TR2 does the same - TR2's lockdown/out should not last as long as the TR1's. Both lockdowns should have Diminishing Returns for reapplication. If both rogues have applied it to me twice and have not killed me yet, then the ability should be resisted by the target 100% for a set duration. Maybe 5 or 6 seconds? Then all returns to normal and you repeat.

I do -not- believe rogues need hardcore nerfing. I don't think ANY class needs it, with maybe the exception of CWs running around and one-shotting entire groups of players (I've got this on video).

Rogues are fine as they are. It's just that something with so much raw DPS needs to have at least a little bit of check and balance applied to the skillset.

I, as a cleric, fully expect (I've played rogues in many MMOs, I am a rogue at heart) rogues to wtfpwn me in PvP if they know how to use their abilities properly. So, no, rogue damage needs ABSOLUTELY NO NERFS whatsoever.

You can all agree with me, disagree with me, or agree to disagree with me. It's your choice, but this is the only fair fix I can see when it comes to the TR class as I am 99% opposed to straight up nerfing. Straight nerfs have done NOTHING in MMOs (see WoW) to make classes more fun or more of a challenge. They've only ever served to hurt PvE when you attempt to balance around PvP, and that only ever leads to frustration, loss of customers (i.e., players), and loss of revenues for the game maker.

If anyone wants to add to this, in a civil and well thought out manner, please feel free to quote and reply and we can maybe wake up the "powers that be" in the hopes of fixing these massive oversights on game-breaking, crucial bugs.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • Options
    xxroyalxxtrickxxxxroyalxxtrickxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Double Astral Diamonds is nice... Can I get a response back on my trouble ticket I submitted in regards to why I, and multiple other players, are unable to equip 2 Glacial Rings of Hrimnir at the same time? The item does not state single-use only but relates to a set of items (including 2 Glacial rings) that when equipped together will give additional stat bonuses. I WANT MY STAT BONUSES!!!
  • Options
    kejser91kejser91 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    what is this in EU time ffs?
  • Options
    kaladinsurgekaladinsurge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aladnis wrote: »
    blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, and more blah.

Take your opinions of nerfing classes to a relevant thread please and keep this to what the patch is about.
  • Options
    f3ral0nef3ral0ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Shame I'm still getting loading screen issues, just logged out 15mins ago from alt and my main is stuck on the protectors enclave loading screen....

Why not fix for all users? Those of us that have help fund this game purchasing the hero packs should be able to log in.

Are you serious right now?
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kejser91 wrote: »
    what is this in EU time ffs?

Right about now... :)
  • Options
    tacofoodsololtacofoodsolol Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    Take your opinions of nerfing classes to a relevant thread please and keep this to what the patch is about.

To be honest this patch is basically about nothing so why does his post make you emo?
  • Options
    zaizzerzaizzer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This all the patch notes seriously... almost 2 hours of downtime for this?.... sorry cryptic but that's disgraceful and embarrassing on your behalf...
  • Options
    vaelicvaelic Member Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    These changes go live at 7 a.m. PDT on Thursday, May 30.

Combat
    • Great Weapon Fighters can no longer become invulnerable due to cancelling specific powers.

UI
    • A Double Gems event has been added to the calendar, starting June 14 and ending June 16.
    • A Double Astral Diamonds event has been added to the calendar, starting July 3 and ending July 7.

Stability
    • The game client will no longer get stuck at the loading screen for some users.

still no foundry tool fixes :(
    MY FOUNDRY QUEST

Quest Title: Don't "Count" on it - Ch. 1
    Short Code: NW-DQ3H4MXKG
    Duration: 15-20 minutes

DAILY FOUNDRY ELIGIBLE? Yes!
  • Options
    cliffwalkercliffwalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When are you guys going to fix the Guardian Fighter's "Shield Defense" Feat? I've only put in about 20 tickets now... My GF's AC should be nearing 35 now instead of hovering just under 30. You know what you call a tank without Armor? You don't call them, they just DIE.
    Eat your dessert first, for life is uncertain.
  • Options
    nespavostnespavost Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue!!!!!!!!!!!! Fix the queue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    revidivorevidivo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any word about the pixel shader problem? It's making impossible to enjoy the gameplay. :(
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Thank god. I've been reporting the GWF exploit for a few weeks now.

Always live, never die huehuehue

Yet the TR double main weapon exploit didn't get fixed.
  • Options
    daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ZERO diminishing returns,

That is the only thing I would change. Make the addition of Diminishing Returns on ability lockouts from other classes, and make those Diminishing Returns count for every rogue/class which can apply them.
    We've been saying this for a while now.

Every improvement made to MMOs since Vanilla WoW, Cryptic has ignored, including extremely basic things like diminishing returns.

The game has obviously been released unfinished but in a playable enough state to entertain people and keep them playing. This is exactly what ruins games.

As Shigeru Miyamoto said: "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

Words publishers need to understand, and PWE doesn't.
  • Options
    bghostbghost Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nespavost wrote: »
    The queue!!!!!!!!!!!! Fix the queue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this^ really needs to be addressed.
  • Options
    thepopperqueenthepopperqueen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What the heck are you guys even doing? Are you just going to ignore the blatantly broken guardian block?

Um, I dont know what you are saying, because every Guardian I came by blocks just fine, as long as you are facing them. They obviously cant block if the enemy is behind ....
  • Options
    techcenterztechcenterz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All the balance changes will come in one fell swoop. No class is in a state where they deserve a hotfix buff.

you sir clearly have no clue about the actual state of some classes i.e Cleric feats and how they don't work
  • Options
    coldsoul69coldsoul69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pRJfgXW.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you players actually took the time to look around the Neverwinter website, then you would've noticed why certain issues aren't fixed yet. Google "Neverwinter State of the Game". Give them some break guys, they're working hard to fix the major issues but can't since they also need money to do that, which is why they're coming out with temporary packs.

If I agree with your post, then I'm left to accept that they actually released a beta so people would spend money and fund the game's actual release. That's grotesque.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Queues are screwed up sometimes when leaving a party, unable to leave party until you log off or exit then log in again to leave party, if you don't do that and you want to queue in again to a party it will put you in group but won't put yo in instance but you didn't fix that did you?
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    you sir clearly have no clue about the actual state of some classes i.e Cleric feats and how they don't work

DC are one of several classes with feats that don't do anything presently.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Um, I dont know what you are saying, because every Guardian I came by blocks just fine, as long as you are facing them. They obviously cant block if the enemy is behind ....

You only notice it if you play the class. Sooo...
  • Options
    delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited May 2013
    Yet the TR double main weapon exploit didn't get fixed.

Lets not forget they are going with a D&D thing here, and in D&D some classes and some races are 100% ambidextrous in which they can wield two primaries, one in each hand.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    When are you guys going to fix the Guardian Fighter's "Shield Defense" Feat? I've only put in about 20 tickets now... My GF's AC should be nearing 35 now instead of hovering just under 30. You know what you call a tank without Armor? You don't call them, they just DIE.

It sucks that the feat is broken but be serious, you won't even notice the damage reduction increase of it getting fixed.
  • Options
    psycadelicapsycadelica Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    [/LIST]

Do we really need ANOTHER currency?

Please leave new currencies out, AD is stupid enough as it is, just have 1 **** currency keep it simple
  • Options
    masterdebater666masterdebater666 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anybody know when the servers are gonna be back online??
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [/LIST]

Do we really need ANOTHER currency?

Yes, we need new stuff to dupe ! Too many Astral Diamonds on too many Mules.
  • Options
    delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited May 2013
    I am kinda liking the currencies system, reminds me fully of tabletop days which is something I really enjoy about this game, we had copper, silver, gold, platinum then we had our jewels which had their own values, and other things as well. So The currency system doesn't bug me that much. People wanting this to be like other mmo's or work like how everything else they have played, that kinda bugs me. However even I have been the person saying something like we need this like from over at XXXX mmo so even I am guilty of that.
  • Options
    zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's funny how they can take the servers down for 2-3 hours and only patch 3-4 minimal bugs, while completely ignoring the things which are breaking the game for people who play certain classes.

Or did you not get the reason people are unhappy in this thread?

You are gonna see what this game becomes after class balance. If it's done correctly, well I am up for it, but even ArenaNet screwed up on this matter with GW2 and made a lot of people quit the game. All you will see when class balance changes occur is more and more crying and more changes each time.

It's pathetic seing most mmo's fail because they mess up with class balance when they have no idea how to make things work.

Other things should be fixed first, like major game issues/features or maybe the skills that don't work on some classes/races. Class balance wouldn't fix everything if the skills remain bugged would it.

Lastly, there is only a small arena for pvp in this game and only a little competition on it(no standings/ratings etc). Class balance can wait, to me it should come after the major issues getting fixed and after they add more content.
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am kinda liking the currencies system, reminds me fully of tabletop days which is something I really enjoy about this game, we had copper, silver, gold, platinum then we had our jewels which had their own values, and other things as well. So The currency system doesn't bug me that much. People wanting this to be like other mmo's or work like how everything else they have played, that kinda bugs me. However even I have been the person saying something like we need this like from over at XXXX mmo so even I am guilty of that.
    The only thing worth owning are KEYS ! Keys convert to anything from anything. KEEEEEES BABY! KEEEEEEEES !
This discussion has been closed.