test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance Announcement (May 30, 2013 - 7AM PDT)

124»

Comments

• Options
    lilacflame2013lilacflame2013 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stonedbill wrote: »
    When can we expect to see a REAL patch, and not just little meaningless hotfixes that only affect a few % of players?

Wow! It is amazing how Petty some people are. So, YOU don't think that getting stuck at the loading screen, or when you finish a quest and can't get out, that that EFFECTS EVERYONE?? Why can't You just be grateful that they are doing something to fix a big glitch? I'm sure that if it happened to You, You'd B*tch about it here, so why B*tch that it is getting FIXED?

Well, I guess I just took out on You all the frustration I have with Whining, Annoying Forum posters.:p
    Don't Mess with the Affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and Good with KETCHUP!!:p
  • Options
    stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow! It is amazing how Petty some people are. So, YOU don't think that getting stuck at the loading screen, or when you finish a quest and can't get out, that that EFFECTS EVERYONE?? Why can't You just be grateful that they are doing something to fix a big glitch? I'm sure that if it happened to You, You'd B*tch about it here, so why B*tch that it is getting FIXED?

Well, I guess I just took out on You all the frustration I have with Whining, Annoying Forum posters.:p

Hmm let's see. My 3 guilds span over 1500 members and not one of us has issues with logging in, freezing, or quest errors. But you cam guarentee class balances affect EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can not Believe there are so many cry babies, about a patch in BETA. This is BETA if you did not want to deal with hot fixxes then maybe should not be playing BETA. Not saying that after BETA there wont be any I'm sure there will but they will be far and few between. Lets me say it again BETA.

You haven't played STO have you? Another Cryptic game that is over 3 years in and still being "patched" like this on a regular basis (3 times this week for them too if I am not mistaken)... Guess it is still in BETA too...

Oh, and seems the "Patch" killed the login service
  • Options
    crypticdeath1crypticdeath1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it is a ....wait for it, because I see some people are just being <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>......here it comes....A BETAAAAA!!!. the types of things are in place to make sure the bugs are fixed BEFORE the launch, that is the main purpose of having...wait for it...A BETA, wow imagine that, so quit yer whining about ...omg this game(beta) sucks and they need to do it at a certain time....blah blah blah. Be thankful it isn't like D3 at LAUNCH.......worst ever imo.
  • Options
    brandon1002brandon1002 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    switchngc wrote: »
    You haven't played STO have you? Another Cryptic game that is over 3 years in and still being "patched" like this on a regular basis (3 times this week for them too if I am not mistaken)... Guess it is still in BETA too...

Oh, and seems the "Patch" killed the login service

Awesome another loss of celestial coins i'll never get to 7 coins at this rate not even 5 i dont think its very rare i get 5-7 days in a row to play and i have this weeks was on 4 coins and i'm free till the weekend and over it, i love this game and i want some way of making my minnion level now because she keeps getting crushed by stuff now rather than pointless patches that seem to break stuff rather than fix it
  • Options
    sakusamisakusami Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we get an update on the status of the patch? I notice the server light is green, but when I try to log on it tells me there is an "Account Error" and the page it redirects me to says that it is because I am trying to connect when the servers are down. I saw that there was this patch as well as a log on issue earlier (around 10:40am EST) so I just wanted to see if it was because of the patch or if there is a more serious bug floating around.

Thanks
  • Options
    sinda99sinda99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can not Believe there are so many cry babies, about a patch in BETA. This is BETA if you did not want to deal with hot fixxes then maybe should not be playing BETA. Not saying that after BETA there wont be any I'm sure there will but they will be far and few between. Lets me say it again BETA.

And apparently some people buy into the lame tag Cryptic has stuck on this OPEN release: "beta". It's little more than an excuse to release a buggy game and have players do the testing for them. In real betas, characters all get wiped before release. No wipe = phony beta.
  • Options
    porkchop48porkchop48 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here as well.
  • Options
    melikyemelikye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't having any problems until you did the "maintenance" and now you really screwed stuff up because people that didn't have problems before like me, are apparently having them now too. Nice maintenance...
  • Options
    melikyemelikye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And for those of you that are calling it beta still, just stop. It's at the very least a soft launch whatever that is. At the end of all betas there is a full wipe and a fresh start for all but cryptic has already stated that is not going to happen so this is not a beta anymore. People are also spending real money in game which is there choice but that should not even be an option for a game in beta imho. Regardless when they made the statement that there would not be any wipe it changed the entire atmosphere of the game for me and a lot of others and I cannot understand how it can be called a game in beta by anyone. If I am ignorant please enlighten me. And because they said so will not do I am sorry.
  • Options
    namarusnamarus Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    melikye wrote: »
    And for those of you that are calling it beta still, just stop. It's at the very least a soft launch whatever that is. At the end of all betas there is a full wipe and a fresh start for all but cryptic has already stated that is not going to happen so this is not a beta anymore. People are also spending real money in game which is there choice but that should not even be an option for a game in beta imho. Regardless when they made the statement that there would not be any wipe it changed the entire atmosphere of the game for me and a lot of others and I cannot understand how it can be called a game in beta by anyone. If I am ignorant please enlighten me. And because they said so will not do I am sorry.

With so many bugs they had to call it a beta. This game is nowhere near ready. Its sad, lot of potential but this early launch is pushing lot of the community away since they cant give any feedback on what is going on. The only community manager post ive seen so far are:

1. Thanks for the feedback, keep them coming!
    2. Were aware of the issue and working on it.
  • Options
    nicbec63nicbec63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sinda99 wrote: »
    And apparently some people buy into the lame tag Cryptic has stuck on this OPEN release: "beta". It's little more than an excuse to release a buggy game and have players do the testing for them. In real betas, characters all get wiped before release. No wipe = phony beta.

I hear SOEs Dragon's Prophet (open beta is just starting) is doing the same "soft release" with no wipes on release. It's hard enough keeping up when people get early access these days. This, I'm seeing, is even worse. Allowing people to already be at end-game upon release can't really be that good for longevity.
  • Options
    derrnameisforumderrnameisforum Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eradz wrote: »
    BETA or not, they are patching lol. Ppl cry if thier coffee is to hot and thier icecream is to cold. Holy *** ppl, STFU and let them patch.

Thats not even the issue. Have you seen the patch? That should take them no more than half an hour. BETA or not, theres absolutely no reason that they should release the smallest patches in the history of MMO's and still take as long as they do. Not to mention they're always trivial fixes.
    If you don't have anything intelligent to say, Please don't even try.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mysticask wrote: »
    SUX PATCH, TR is total hardcore he do 1/3 more dps than my GWF with same gear, noone wasnt GWF to raid, single target dps is total SUX !

GWF with single target DPS? What class are you watching?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    meatbait wrote: »
    What a totally valid and solid based post. Go back to wanking 12 year old. I'm saying what's wrong with the game and what has to be better. Instead of useless posts from kids like you.

Exactly. I don't think he even read what you posted.