Options

Nice try Cryptic, but sorry, it failed

2»

Comments

• Options
    crypticfailcrypticfail Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    turlam wrote: »
    I do not need to explain to anyone the amount of exploits that have occured, the delayed response to specific events, and the lack of CS in this game.

I am posting this because the game has potential, but is failing.

After the Dungeon Delves today (May 30th at 5AM EST), our group was disbanded by a character named <None of our business>. We were in Spellplague and this caused the entire group, except themselves, to not be able to loot the chest. Also, I am a Guardian Fighter and I lost yet ANOTHER chance to loot my Timeless hero helmet. I attempted to submit a ticket, but the system is STILL NOT WORKING properly. I have tickets that well over 14days old that have yet to receive responses. These tickets go in line with not being able to loot the chest at the end.

This is utter <Clean>!!!!!!!

Maybe someone important will see this and realize they are failing.

the name to not group with, ignore, and I EXPECT (as a customer that has paid money into the game) to receive my Timeless hero helm..... You have logs, check them!!!!!

Yes I am raging at the moment, but I have every right to since the company running this show cannot even get a simple ticket query done right. My friends and I have our toes on the final line of leaving this game and I am sure we are not the only ones.

I truly hope my Bold and colorful print gets the point across!!

EASY FIX...... IMPLEMENT VOTE KICK!!!!!! NOT THAT HARD!!!!!

try this game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXUKIk_gsBA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A game is no longer in any sort of beta when money is received from a player with no intention of a reimbursement.

Many people say this but I can find no definition nor law which states it is true. If the game is telling you it's a beta, then you either accept it as incomplete and with bugs, or don't pay any money. If you do, you took the risks with eyes wide open.
  • Options
    kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    20 minutes so far I've been waiting in queue for a dungeon, this is stupid.
  • Options
    pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eclipet wrote: »
    What If I told you... NW is still in beta?

I would say you are WRONG since they aren't resetting it, what happens now is a has a permanent outcome!
  • Options
    xelqyplaxelqypla Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swamprob wrote: »
    Many people say this but I can find no definition nor law which states it is true. If the game is telling you it's a beta, then you either accept it as incomplete and with bugs, or don't pay any money. If you do, you took the risks with eyes wide open.

"It JUST launched! All MMOs have major bugs at Launch!"

"It's only been live for 6 Months! WoW had far more bugs than this 6 months after launch!"

"It's only been a year! Many MMOs still have bugs after a year!"

"Oh Yeah?!? Find me an MMO Without bugs!"

We've all done this dance. Let go of the "But it's Beta!" <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The game is available to the public without wipes. The Public is treating it as a full game launch. You could call the game Phase 1 Alpha for all you want, people will judge the product AS IS - not as it might be at some undetermined point in the future.
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xelqypla wrote: »
    "It JUST launched! All MMOs have major bugs at Launch!"

"It's only been live for 6 Months! WoW had far more bugs than this 6 months after launch!"

"It's only been a year! Many MMOs still have bugs after a year!"

"Oh Yeah?!? Find me an MMO Without bugs!"

We've all done this dance. Let go of the "But it's Beta!" <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. The game is available to the public without wipes. The Public is treating it as a full game launch. You could call the game Phase 1 Alpha for all you want, people will judge the product AS IS - not as it might be at some undetermined point in the future.

That is all well and good but as far as the staff is concerned, they are getting ready for live launch.

• Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    I did the black dragon skirmish yesterday, and the chest at the end didn't open. It wasn't a dungeon delve, so I was pretty confused. Also a little upset because that dragon was way harder than a "skirmish" boss should be. 15 minutes my butt!

If you had a higher-level player in with you, that's why.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "hese changes go live at 7 a.m. PDT on Thursday, May 30.

Combat

Great Weapon Fighters can no longer become invulnerable due to cancelling specific powers.

UI

A Double Gems event has been added to the calendar, starting June 14 and ending June 16.
    A Double Astral Diamonds event has been added to the calendar, starting July 3 and ending July 7.

Stability

The game client will no longer get stuck at the loading screen for some users."

Path notes. Have you noticed that still do not actually fix critical stuff in the game with a very very few exceptions. The only patch-fix things. This game should stay in beta another two years at this rate of fixes.

So a repeatable bug that allows a class to become invulnerable isn't critical?
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This news article should be very informative read relating to the future plans and fixes :)

No, it isn't helpful at all, nice try though.
  • Options
    tacofoodsololtacofoodsolol Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013

Man I was pretty hyped about DP too. Then I got into beta and had to uninstall it after maybe 30 minutes. It's basically Tera, but 10 times worse.
  • Options
    ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013

We can only hope a forum mute is not too far behind. :p

Then the 12 of you and the mods can enjoy the forums to yourselves. Sounds steamy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • Options
    ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ive also looked at the list mentioned in the link. I'll give em some credit, but [insert hidden/unmentioned fixes] that list looks about as long as a weekly tweak list for some of the other titles out there. Don't get scared by that, it can mean many things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • Options
    vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do not need to explain to anyone the amount of exploits that have occured, the delayed response to specific events, and the lack of CS in this game.

I am posting this because the game has potential, but is failing.

After the Dungeon Delves today (May 30th at 5AM EST), our group was disbanded by a character named <None of our business>. We were in Spellplague and this caused the entire group, except themselves, to not be able to loot the chest. Also, I am a Guardian Fighter and I lost yet ANOTHER chance to loot my Timeless hero helmet. I attempted to submit a ticket, but the system is STILL NOT WORKING properly. I have tickets that well over 14days old that have yet to receive responses. These tickets go in line with not being able to loot the chest at the end.

This is utter <Clean>!!!!!!!

Maybe someone important will see this and realize they are failing.

the name to not group with, ignore, and I EXPECT (as a customer that has paid money into the game) to receive my Timeless hero helm..... You have logs, check them!!!!!

Yes I am raging at the moment, but I have every right to since the company running this show cannot even get a simple ticket query done right. My friends and I have our toes on the final line of leaving this game and I am sure we are not the only ones.

I truly hope my Bold and colorful print gets the point across!!

EASY FIX...... IMPLEMENT VOTE KICK!!!!!! NOT THAT HARD!!!!!

This was a big issue when Tera launched. For a couple months you would read in chat and on the forums about people booting someone at the end of the last boss so they couldn't loot. Or they would switch it to FFA loot right after the boss dropped gear and tried picking up everything before anyone was wise to it. After a few months, Bluehole/Enmasse finally implemented a vote kick like you are asking. It resolved a lot of these issues. I really hope they do plan on fixing this. At least before it "launches".
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I dont think the game failed yet. I still have hope for it. They got to correct alot of stuff. Well a huge amount of stuff. After everything gets fixed it would be a great game. Right now no its not.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This was a big issue when Tera launched. For a couple months you would read in chat and on the forums about people booting someone at the end of the last boss so they couldn't loot. Or they would switch it to FFA loot right after the boss dropped gear and tried picking up everything before anyone was wise to it. After a few months, Bluehole/Enmasse finally implemented a vote kick like you are asking. It resolved a lot of these issues. I really hope they do plan on fixing this. At least before it "launches".

Yes but error in your logic what if 3 or 4 people are in together as a smaller team in the group of 5 they all vote off the 1 or 2 people that arnt in thier little group. Then you got a problem all over again
  • Options
    vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes but error in your logic what if 3 or 4 people are in together as a smaller team in the group of 5 they all vote off the 1 or 2 people that arnt in thier little group. Then you got a problem all over again

I didn't say it would fix all issues. Just the issue the OP was speaking of. That was also an issue in Tera. I do recall they fixed it. I just can't recall how. As I haven't played Tera for about 4 months.
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Man I was pretty hyped about DP too. Then I got into beta and had to uninstall it after maybe 30 minutes. It's basically Tera, but 10 times worse.

LOL I agree I played it too one day NW was down for mait. played 3 of the 4 classes in the training area and went "What is this?" uninstalled and waited for NW come up there are still a couple more games I am waiting for to test to see if I prefer them better then NW but for now NW is my game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    davidcoppafeeldavidcoppafeel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so many bugs someone have raid?

OMG I wish it were that easy haha.
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The need/greed/pass should still pop up after being kicked. They should make this happen AFTER they put a timer on leaving a dungeon. The dungeon timer should be longer than the loot timer, by a good bit, and allow leaving when you want. So, if some a**hat decides to disband the group, they won't be able to solo loot, because everyone will get to loot anyway.

The votekick wouldn't work because groups with the same guild members would just vote to kick the odd man out, and loot.

I think there should also be a forum to call these players out. It should be moderated, and only allowed with screenshots and conclusive proof. Heavily moderated.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People failed. Cryptic did not fail, the person that kicked you from the group did. It is not cryptic that kicked you, but some random idiot that has no concept of being a decent person. It is sad that mechanics should have to be implemented to combat rude people... Oh, wait they already are, it is called join a guild.
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trevien29 wrote: »
    People failed. Cryptic did not fail, the person that kicked you from the group did. It is not cryptic that kicked you, but some random idiot that has no concept of being a decent person. It is sad that mechanics should have to be implemented to combat rude people... Oh, wait they already are, it is called join a guild.

Saying this is the player's fault for not joining a guild is the worst answer available. This game isn't based around joining a guild to have fun. A guild is secondary. If you can play solo, which I believe they said you could for the most part, then joining a guild isn't the answer. It would work, but it shouldn't be required to have fun. Proper looting should have been implemented during alpha and closed beta. You could argue that it's the players fault, that beta tested the game. I didn't, and don't know how far people got in the game. But, this should have been reported back then. If it was, and Cryptic did nothing, then it's their fault.

In no way is it your average gamers fault, because he didn't join a guild.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    maggotholemaggothole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A vote kick system needs to be in like tomorrow. Also the party loot system needs to fine tuned so people that can't use the item can't need on it.
  • Options
    trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, it is not the average gamers fault. A single player kicking the group is not the average player, nor is it the average experience. It is also not the fault of the game; it still falls on the player who committed the act. Moreover, dungeons and skirmishes are not a solo experience, they are a group experience. For the best grouping experience a player should always run with players they are familiar with. That simple fact is known to anyone that has ever played a MMO.