test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nice try Cryptic, but sorry, it failed

turlamturlam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I do not need to explain to anyone the amount of exploits that have occured, the delayed response to specific events, and the lack of CS in this game.

I am posting this because the game has potential, but is failing.

After the Dungeon Delves today (May 30th at 5AM EST), our group was disbanded by a character named <None of our business>. We were in Spellplague and this caused the entire group, except themselves, to not be able to loot the chest. Also, I am a Guardian Fighter and I lost yet ANOTHER chance to loot my Timeless hero helmet. I attempted to submit a ticket, but the system is STILL NOT WORKING properly. I have tickets that well over 14days old that have yet to receive responses. These tickets go in line with not being able to loot the chest at the end.

This is utter <Clean>!!!!!!!

Maybe someone important will see this and realize they are failing.

the name to not group with, ignore, and I EXPECT (as a customer that has paid money into the game) to receive my Timeless hero helm..... You have logs, check them!!!!!

Yes I am raging at the moment, but I have every right to since the company running this show cannot even get a simple ticket query done right. My friends and I have our toes on the final line of leaving this game and I am sure we are not the only ones.

I truly hope my Bold and colorful print gets the point across!!

EASY FIX...... IMPLEMENT VOTE KICK!!!!!! NOT THAT HARD!!!!!
Post edited by turlam on

Comments

• rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    or, at least right after bosses die, the party disband/kick should be disabled to avoid such exploits

edit:
    OR ... yes the big or ... cause this is should be last option
    turn off the "rush hour" or "madness hour" mode (always dungeon delves, not by timer) before know how to handle it.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I did the black dragon skirmish yesterday, and the chest at the end didn't open. It wasn't a dungeon delve, so I was pretty confused. Also a little upset because that dragon was way harder than a "skirmish" boss should be. 15 minutes my butt!
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Kids these days will never learn that the company that made the game is not responsible for peoples behaviour. They wount give you that helm cause there is NO WAY you can be 100% sure you will get it out of the chest. So stop bragging about loot and start making friends to run dungeons with.

PS: I can suggest you one thing: if you run with a group of friends that are 3 and more and you are not the party leader, request the party leadership. If they refuse to give it to you, remake the group and enter again. Simple?
  • turlamturlam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nightfer01 wrote: »
    Kids these days will never learn that the company that made the game is not responsible for peoples behaviour. They wount give you that helm cause there is NO WAY you can be 100% sure you will get it out of the chest. So stop bragging about loot and start making friends to run dungeons with.

PS: I can suggest you one thing: if you run with a group of friends that are 3 and more and you are not the party leader, request the party leadership. If they refuse to give it to you, remake the group and enter again. Simple?

First off, the company can check the logs to see who was in what group what time and see the class..

Secondy, the helm was not in the chest. I dont know what was in the chest... It dropped from the boss fight.

Thirdly, The company is not responsible but they can have a decency to promptly repair a ticket system that has been broken for some time now. Also, sending replies back to a customer that states "Your ticket has been deleted so it wont get lost in the Q of tickets" Is irresponsible and not good CS. Especially when many of my friends have done as requested and had the same issue removed from the Q at least 3 times for the same excuse.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I play STO and it looks like the problem across the whole system for reporting bugs. I'm sure they'll fix that soon.
  • nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    turlam wrote: »
    the name to not group with, ignore, and I EXPECT (as a customer that has paid money into the game) to receive my Timeless hero helm..... You have logs, check them!!!!!
    This speaks otherwise. Who cares you payed for a game? You did it on your own free will, noone made you pay for the game but demanding for something cause you payed for FREE TO PLAY game is just idiotic. Go whine somewhere else or at least run dungeons with friends not randoms. When you que for a dungeon alone, you can expect everything cause you cant predict how people will act.
  • daemonspadedaemonspade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so many bugs someone have raid?
  • drussivdrussiv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    or, at least right after bosses die, the party disband/kick should be disabled to avoid such exploits

edit:
    OR ... yes the big or ... cause this is should be last option
    turn off the "rush hour" or "madness hour" mode (always dungeon delves, not by timer) before know how to handle it.

It should be disabled as soon as it is too late in the dungeon to gain a new member... or at any rate as soon as you enter the last boss fight.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That **** happened to me too in karrundax :/ kill dragon and party leader kick everybody and loots the rare drop
  • turlamturlam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This speaks otherwise. Who cares you payed for a game? You did it on your own free will, noone made you pay for the game but demanding for something cause you payed for FREE TO PLAY game is just idiotic. Go whine somewhere else or at least run dungeons with friends not randoms. When you que for a dungeon alone, you can expect everything cause you cant predict how people will act.

My expectations are based off the quality of service I have received in many other MMOs. The simple fact that the looting system has been griped about since launch and nothing has been done to alleviate the unnecessary cause done to many of the players is completely unacceptable.

If they offer a Queue system for players to find group when others are not online, and yet do nothing to solve an on going issue, is no fault of mine. Based on your suggestion I should just not group until my friends are online? What about if they have real life happening? so now I am limited by their responsibilities? That is quite ridiculous actually.

The point here is that a fair system has yet to be implemented. The current system only needs a few minor tweaks and done. The simple fact that I cannot even submit a ticket about this and have no way to broadcast my concern and gripe other than posting on the forums is bull****. I have 4 tickets submitted in a Queue that have received only ONE response, the generic "we will get to it" email.

Loot in this game is limited to basic stupidity anyways. Since the BIS gear are class specific and set bonuses then Nobody should be able to loot that item other than the required class. That player gets first dibs on it, simple, Need or Greed. If said player rolls greed, then it becomes available to any other member to GREED on it. If the player accepts NEED, then nobody has a chance at that item other than other same classes in party. Also, you should not be able to just kick players from their group....

So, yea I am extremely pissed off about this. I spent just as much time in that dungeon to get to the Chest and at the end i get royally <Clean> because Cryptic cannot listen to its player base and address simple concerns. Concerns that MANY OTHER MMO COMPANIES have perfected in much shorter time frames.

Lets forget about the fact that the Helm dropped.... What about my hard earned chest? The easy fix to that, is you have to visit Rhix after the completion and your items are in that chest next to him. Not in the dungeon.

And I am not just pissed off because it happened to me, i am pissed because every other member in my party EXCEPT <None of our business> who decided to be a selfless human being and stab his entire party in the back, got screwed out of their own loot as well. Will Cryptic do anything about this? probably not, they would not even give a pile of **** for me or any of my party mates. But, i am still pissed and will rage about this bull**** shenanigans.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kids these days will never learn that the company that made the game is not responsible for peoples behaviour.

They are responsible for providing the tools that those players use in their behavior. It's why there are things like chat filters & spam report. From previous experience in the MMO industry, they should have known that unlimited-kick for the party leader would be abused as heck. And there've been plenty of complaints about it since launch. There's no reason this feature should still be the way it is. It's just a bad system.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    drussiv wrote: »
    It should be disabled as soon as it is too late in the dungeon to gain a new member... or at any rate as soon as you enter the last boss fight.

kick need vote + a disable as soon as a boss fight = best options
  • wolfheartazwolfheartaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go troll somewhere else.

My point is:

We all KNOW the game is broken in many ways. The party leader in PvE and PvP power is lame, I agree.

But, it is what it is right now, play it (like I do) knowing how much is broken, hoping it will get fixed, or dont play.

Coming here, calling out people, screaming and demanding you get loot, is just dumb.
  • gmajorplayzgmajorplayz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 votekick. It doesn't need anything special with boss triggers. Just take the power away from a single player in the instance - and also allows players to kick bots from PVP when the bot is the leader. Both of these pretty annoying issues can be sorted by 1 fix.
  • kaninchenkaninchen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This isn't a bug. It's a player being a tool. The appropriate response is to shun them and move on with your life.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The company can make sure they don't implement mechanics in their game that allow players to grief other players. Being able to kick someone from party at any time is something the good MMOs learned back in 2001 or so not to do. Any MMO that still has this obvious griefing mechanic still has griefers who use it to their advantage. Why would a new game implement this.
  • eclipeteclipet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What If I told you... NW is still in beta?
    Herp Derp
    - Captain Obvious.
  • amordreadamordread Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no excuse. There is no logic and justice in kicking without voting. We are a group of 3 playing at the same room next to each other but we don't have to protect ourselves by threatening people to take the leadership when there is a logical and an easy solution which is voting. Groups have to be ruled by democracy not dictatorship. Granting such a power to leader is meaningless. Everyone should have the same rights. Its not about behavior its about abusing but also none can say there are no rules for behaving. Try spamming in the general chat and face the consequences.
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I had such experience myself once... after that I never do PUGS.... guild party only...and it's way faster cause PUGS is a **** fest anyways... had no problems since :)
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    This news article should be very informative read relating to the future plans and fixes :)
  • e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Simple Fix.

Allow someone to Que up as Leader.

That way you either Que up as leader or risk having some Trashy kid ruin the instance for you.

@OP

I feel for your situation but you have no right to blame cryptic or slander them.
    Block the person and learn from the unfortunate event.

It's better for the team to address more important issues such as bugs/Glitchs/people not being able to access the game and implementing fixes.

Always make sure you have a leader who is reliable it's the best way in all scenarios.

And @ that player who kicked you all. You have been noted and blocked and I personally won't buy anything of you purely on principle.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • warcelwarcel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is new. Open beta. Pls sit, relax, enjoy.
    Gibe Moni Plos
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    They are responsible for providing the tools that those players use in their behavior. It's why there are things like chat filters & spam report. From previous experience in the MMO industry, they should have known that unlimited-kick for the party leader would be abused as heck. And there've been plenty of complaints about it since launch. There's no reason this feature should still be the way it is. It's just a bad system.
    Launch was a month ago roughly? So yes there is a reson this system is still not working right. It. Takes. Time. In another game I am Betaing, it took 3-4 months to track down and fix a problem. Time is needed to write the new code.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
    edited May 2013
    My point is:

We all KNOW the game is broken in many ways. The party leader in PvE and PvP power is lame, I agree.

But, it is what it is right now, play it (like I do) knowing how much is broken, hoping it will get fixed, or dont play.

Coming here, calling out people, screaming and demanding you get loot, is just dumb.

This is the mentality that companies thrive on. They want players to not care anymore so they can take your money blind. Quality in MMOs faded and it went quick.

I was not Demanding loot to be given, I was simply stating my expectations in regards to what would be a reasonable correction. Personally, he can keep the **** helm and make his 1.2 million AD off of it. The over all problem is with Cryptic not doing anything about something that is greatly effecting and supporting the speedy decline in social activities that come with MMOs. Look at the /zone chat ffs. Noone can chat in there, its flooded with WTS WTB WTT auctions. Which clearly need their own chat, but nothing being done.
    edited May 2013
    warcel wrote: »
    The game is new. Open beta. Pls sit, relax, enjoy.

A game is no longer in any sort of beta when money is received from a player with no intention of a reimbursement.
    edited May 2013
    Really!? Are you serious!? Now Im banned from talking in Game chat!? This is outrageous!

And of course, I am not able to submit a ticket because the system is down and has been in endless loop for weeks now.
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kids these days will never learn that the company that made the game is not responsible for peoples behaviour. /QUOTE]

But are responsible for the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> system that let's them get away with it when better fool proof systems were built 5 years ago.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This news article should be very informative read relating to the future plans and fixes :)

What actually read an article that gives a road map, and take into consideration that this is why Cryptic is using this time(inb4 "But the cash shop is up!" whine) as Open Beta?

No no...it's much easier to scream Failllzor!!!!! :rolleyes:
    Really!? Are you serious!? Now Im banned from talking in Game chat!? This is outrageous!

And of course, I am not able to submit a ticket because the system is down and has been in endless loop for weeks now.

We can only hope a forum mute is not too far behind. :p
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

By the time that's out this will be forgotten.
  • titanforce1titanforce1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "hese changes go live at 7 a.m. PDT on Thursday, May 30.

Combat

Great Weapon Fighters can no longer become invulnerable due to cancelling specific powers.

UI

A Double Gems event has been added to the calendar, starting June 14 and ending June 16.
    A Double Astral Diamonds event has been added to the calendar, starting July 3 and ending July 7.

Stability

The game client will no longer get stuck at the loading screen for some users."

Path notes. Have you noticed that still do not actually fix critical stuff in the game with a very very few exceptions. The only patch-fix things. This game should stay in beta another two years at this rate of fixes.