test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Announcement (May 30, 2013 - 7AM PDT)

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Everyone,

We are performing maintenance on Thursday, May 30, at 7 a.m. PDT. The goal of this maintenance is to deploy a couple fixes, including one that should help players who have been getting stuck at the loading screen.
We anticipate that the maintenance will take 90 minutes, and will keep you in the loop if it is extended or finishes early. See you soon!

-Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When can we expect to see a REAL patch, and not just little meaningless hotfixes that only affect a few % of players?
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • swift231swift231 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Tbh this bug affects 0% of players if they disable on-demand patching, but okay.

I have to agree with Bill here, ALL of these patches have been minuscule its almost comical, you guys really need to hire more people.
  • marevayavemarevayave Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How will this maintenance effect the gateway? I have to go to work during most of the maintenance but I like starting long crafting tasks while I'm away. Will this maintenance in any way effect the progress of those tasks?
    Lyneia Darwulf@marevayave - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This patch is a little.....pathetic....
    21.jpg
  • meatbaitmeatbait Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Again a 90 minute maintance for these little things? Let's pretend there aren't more important things that need to be fixed. I guess those maintenances will take a full day then.

Way to screw over the europeans again btw. I don't mind patching but if it's in the middle of the day an hour and a half for stuff like this, 2 or 3 times a week: screams incompetence.
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any word on when we can see fixed and improvements to Foundry?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • sablelore015sablelore015 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please turn on the books so i can start playing again, being stuck at 40 cause my companion is no longer a help, and your solo monsters are not really solo. is a pain. I would like to play, I would like to pay you money, but can't if I can't play the game past 40/ thank you.
    "If your not having fun, Then stop doing it"

"Life is not mandatory, life is what you make it"
  • daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who does maintenance in the morning? I mean honestly. You maintain like a woman.

But no seriously, it's 10AM here, maintenance should be done OVERNIGHT. Apparently none of the staff at Cryptic (or is it PWE now?) want to work night shifts. TIME TO HIRE.
  • mathijsdecupmathijsdecup Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They do it so that you guys would take a break..
    It's not a big patch, but it is needed.
  • l0bd0nl0bd0n Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meatbait wrote: »
    Again a 90 minute maintance for these little things? Let's pretend there aren't more important things that need to be fixed. I guess those maintenances will take a full day then.

Way to screw over the europeans again btw. I don't mind patching but if it's in the middle of the day an hour and a half for stuff like this, 2 or 3 times a week: screams incompetence.

Don't forget this is still a beta, so you can't expect too much. These maintainances are needed to create a stable release.
  • liviugliviug Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swift231 wrote: »
    Tbh this bug affects 0% of players if they disable on-demand patching, but okay.

I have to agree with Bill here, ALL of these patches have been minuscule its almost comical, you guys really need to hire more people.

i disabled on-demand patching a long time ago and it was still stuck on loading screen, the only way to fix it was disabling my antivirus+internet security (which i don't like doing) or reduce the graphics shader to minimum, and if you would check the forum bug thread you'd realize there were more than a few who had this issue.
  • yarrenzeyarrenze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swift231 wrote: »

This. Streaming launchers are stupid anyway.
    Knowledge is power!
  • incarealincareal Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    all this amount of class balance happening in this game....
    absolutely stunning
  • swift231swift231 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    liviug wrote: »
    i disabled on-demand patching a long time ago and it was still stuck on loading screen, the only way to fix it was disabling my antivirus+internet security (which i don't like doing) or reduce the graphics shader to minimum, and if you would check the forum bug thread you'd realize there were more than a few who had this issue.

Disabling your anti-virus and fiddling with graphic settings is common sense.
  • mawaddah99mawaddah99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Game still in beta we all know it (or at least some know it)
    Some DEV already know the problem of FPS's?
  • gsnaitsgsnaits Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PLEASE fix aggro. As it is now, having a tank in a party is a waste of space because they can't do anyhing. Many talents reducing aggro gain is also worthless. Having a Rogue tanking all bosses and a Cleric dealing with adds is a joke!

I find it really hard sometimes to get combat advantage, as I am tanking most mobs and bosses myself ( I'm a Rogue ). Having a tank that can hold aggro on a boss would make things much easier.

Also make Great weapon fighters a viable class to have in a party. As it is now they can do good dps if they got insane gear, but lets be honest.. A Rogue with 8000 GS still beats a 11000 GS GWF. All they do as I have noticed, is pushing mobs away from the rogues, making the party lose more overall dps. Also they got no utility...

So that's 2 broken classes not worth having in a party. Please fix the issues currently in the game before you start working on other classes.
    edited May 2013
    l0bd0n wrote: »
    Don't forget this is still a beta, so you can't expect too much. These maintainances are needed to create a stable release.

It's very late beta and we can atleast expect some of these obvious major issues to be fixed. Like getting paired together with 5 dps 3x in a row in dungeons. Companions AI that's literally worse than 5 years ago. Not to mention they screw over EU in patch-timing each and every time. They should seriously consider hiring more people.
    edited May 2013
    Word of etc. is still doing major class rebalancing.

I think 'one month in' isn't unreasonable to see it.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • inkslinger330inkslinger330 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can not Believe there are so many cry babies, about a patch in BETA. This is BETA if you did not want to deal with hot fixxes then maybe should not be playing BETA. Not saying that after BETA there wont be any I'm sure there will but they will be far and few between. Lets me say it again BETA.
  • degethyusdegethyus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys don't use auction house, because problem still continues:pufff And where is screnshots folder?I can't find.
  • ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, those complaining probably don't understand what Beta means. And don't come with the "Soft Launch" and other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. If you like the game, play. If you love it, buy stuff with real money. If you can't bear with updates and bug fixes, go play something else.

I, for one, am loving this game and have invested over 80 bucks in it. My two cents to help pay the guys who make it work. Yes, some bugs are annoying and yes, I have lost my patience more than once with PvP bugs and the loading screen of shame delay, but we grown-ups understand that. Plus, we've seen quick response to several problems and good choices made by the ones in charge.

Keep up the good work, devs.
  • davemetledavemetle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The amount of Whining is too **** high!
    edited May 2013
    I can not Believe there are so many cry babies, about a patch in BETA. This is BETA if you did not want to deal with hot fixxes then maybe should not be playing BETA. Not saying that after BETA there wont be any I'm sure there will but they will be far and few between. Lets me say it again BETA.

Releasing an unfinished game to the public and calling it "BETA" doesn't make it a real beta.
    edited May 2013
    I think people should be patient, and this has gone a lot better than other MMOs.

But the whole 'it's BETA!' thing is tired and silly -- a BETA where you pay real money for stuff, some of it that's not replaceable, there's no wipe, and the only difference between open beta and Live is the splash screen?

Please.

• gsnaitsgsnaits Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    davemetle wrote: »
    The amount of Whining is too **** high!

You are whining about the whiners, whiner.
  • inkslinger330inkslinger330 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Releasing an unfinished game to the public and calling it "BETA" doesn't make it a real beta.

You have never heard of OPEN BETA huh, say thank you for getting to help test it and move on grab you some cheese to go with that whine put on your big girl panties and wait the hour and a half.
  • eradzeradz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

BETA or not, they are patching lol. Ppl cry if thier coffee is to hot and thier icecream is to cold. Holy *** ppl, STFU and let them patch.
  • serudis1serudis1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The day they add stuff to the foundry like better 3D editing mode.. I will be extremely willing to take a 90 minute+ break. But these small fixes seem like they could be done without shutting down the servers. Maybe just implement them then do a quick server refresh and then we'll just have to patch the game when we log back in after being booted from that. Would only take like 15 minutes... But then again, this isn't a p2p game, so maybe they don't have the resources for it. Which I completely understand.
  • thisisbakabakanothisisbakabakano Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good for stuck in Loading fix, How about the BOT they destroy the game balance. Real people waste time to enjoy and play the game, while others sit and relax, and viooolaaa they are richer than us, then this game will begin to suck and the game will belong to all bots.
  • levofedlevofed Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Today's society of Whiners is really getting annoying. Please crawl back into your hole and stay there.