test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Follower Chatter

fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
As everyone knows, the companions you can buy in-game have a couple of lines of dialogue, and as I'm sure everyone also knows, they love to spout their 4 or 5 lines every time you summon them.

Most of them are ok, but my Man-at-arms telling me "a good fighter quits while he's ahead" everytime he shows up starts to get annoying after a while. (why do you want me to give up so badly Stonewall Jackson? Are you looking forwards to retirement?)

Worse though is the [Aranea] who spouts off one of her lines every time she transforms back from spiderform.

This means at the end of every single battle, no matter how minor, she stops to tell me how I should "look for good in the people I meet" or how "the forest is a wonderful place"

I'l be honest, I was expecting something a little more "drow-like" from the human/spider witch (hence why I bought her on my drow) but her being a tree-hugging-hippy/druid still fits, considering I use her with my ranger, but if she's going to talk that often, she really needs more lines than she has.

The easiest way to fix this, would (probably) be to set her to only recite her lines when she's summoned or revived (or whatever the trigger is for most companions) having her talk when she transforms too just leads to her getting really boring really quickly.

The harder way would be to record like, ten more lines for her to use, so they don't get tired so quickly.

Obviously, the latter is probably not going to happen (though frankly, every companion could use a dozen more lines of dialogue, you learn them by heart really quickly) but the former doesn't seem like it would be terribly hard to implement.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    nothing beats the most annoying harp sounds lillend is making all the time. that alone would be the reason to never use her as a summoned companion...
  • Options
    fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    eh, noise like harp, or the dog barking or something is fine, it's actual dialogue that gets me.

though like I said, they could do with some more soundbites for all of them.