What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.1.20130416.42

Comments

• Options
    nadaclosnadaclos Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come on FIX THE AGRO!!!!. Is just stupid to see a CW dealing tons of damage and CCing a target or a TR dealing 99999999K of damage, both of them generating less agro than a Cleric healing and been chase by a pack of mobs.....i mean WTH.

Seriously the cleric is always second or first in the immovable object stats, thats ring you any bells??

And make some balance, im tired to play world of rogue and mages instead of neverwinter, the pvp is just bad and unbalanced and for all that is sacred the GWF need serious changes. Come on!! DO SOMETHING!!! Im not the only one who dont care about pets and Zen market, WE WANT NEW AND FIX GAME MECHANIC.
  • Options
    e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rm4g3dd0v wrote: »
    still though, no fix for the GWF power/defense bugs (yet you kill an exploit that might turn the table a bit to the favor of GWF), no rebalancing to TR and CW.

At least you have addressed the "stuck at loading sreen" issue, earning the "I'm-barely-not-a-couch-potato-developer" award once more...

TURN THE TABLE A BIT?!!?! ARE You ****ing DELUDED?

It was 0 damage. for as long as they wanted. How is that turning the table just a bit? it's more like flipping the table, onto your grandmother.

And GWF function great when played well.

Re-balancing needs to come in the form of less PVP damage on all characters. %Based reduction across the board. Edit* or in the form of Gear that is specifically aimed for pvp. With PVP Defense and PVP Enchants.
    Everyone knows how to counter astral shield with a CW so its not an issue anymore (pvp) so damage should be reduced, and Pve damage is fine since who gives a **** if the Rogue hits harder if it means the Party will clear the dungeon faster.

But Damage on all classes is a joke especially since they made PVE gear better then the PVP rewarded gear. Not that this is a problem at the moment because pvp is just a laugh anyways since there's no competition....

Its just epeen and hormones.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • Options
    blackhawke90blackhawke90 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What the heck are you guys even doing? Are you just going to ignore the blatantly broken guardian block?
  • Options
    psykomantapsykomanta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could you guys please fix the exp gain error from rune's?
    i have +3.5% on my Mask/Helmet
    + 4% on my arms and boots
    = 11.5% exp gain and i am only getting 7%

I read somewhere that you have to use different colored runes. If you use a 3.5% and a 4% instead of 2x4%, you'll get 7.5% isntead of 4%. I know, it's a bug then shuold be fixed, but with using different colors, you have a work around. ;)
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about fixing the calendar so that it actually shows the proper month?
  • Options
    namarusnamarus Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What the heck are you guys even doing? Are you just going to ignore the blatantly broken guardian block?

This is ridiculous. This should be top priority imo, a tanking class unable to block is like a dps class unable to dps, or healer unable to heal. No wounder nobody invite them to dungeons anymore...

And with the mark mechanic dropping when u get hit once, it is very frustrating to lose aggro because of some fail QA who let this bug into the game. This game is a joke right now, but hey... its a beta ... or maybe an alpha... whatever... buy stuff from the zen store!
  • Options
    nadaclosnadaclos Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    namarus wrote: »
    This is ridiculous. This should be top priority imo, a tanking class unable to block is like a dps class unable to dps, or healer unable to heal. No wounder nobody invite them to dungeons anymore...

And with the mark mechanic dropping when u get hit once, it is very frustrating to lose aggro because of some fail QA who let this bug into the game. This game is a joke right now, but hey... its a beta ... or maybe an alpha... whatever... buy stuff from the zen store!

Yeah aggro seems to be a MAJOR PROBLEM for tanks and healer, but they are more busy creating spider companions.....Really, you want to create a good game or just a P2W game dress up in a shape of F2P.
  • Options
    captainlangercaptainlanger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'd really like to see some more class fixes, would love my tank to actually be worth playing and not just a waste of space in the group. hardly anyone does runs without 2 clerics so the game is getting pretty boring because everyone just cheeses and doesn't know how to do a dungeon without that setup.
  • Options
    erecktiongamingerecktiongaming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you players actually took the time to look around the Neverwinter website, then you would've noticed why certain issues aren't fixed yet. Google "Neverwinter State of the Game". Give them some break guys, they're working hard to fix the major issues but can't since they also need money to do that, which is why they're coming out with temporary packs.
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jim2108 wrote: »
    Seriously? Of all the things that NEED to be fixed such as GF/GWF gameplay mechanics or Cleric threat aggro mechanics and various other game killing issues you waste time on some miscellaneous BS? you guys seriously need to listen to the community better or there won't be one soon.

Please keep in mind that just because one bug-fix is in the pipeline, it doesn't mean they're not working on fixing other bugs.
    - There are multiple departments, each of which are responsible for fixing their own bugs. For example, the people who are working on balancing the classes are not the same people putting items in the Zen market.
    - They generally release fixes as they have them ready. The alternative is to hold all bug-fixes until every bug is fixed, and then release all the updates at once. Most people agree that it's better to release the fixes you have when you can, and keep working on the stuff you haven't fixed yet.
    - Some bugs are hard to track down, and then once tracked down, some bugs have their fingers in unexpected places. Unfortunately fixing bugs in a game is a lot harder than smashing a bug with your shoe.
    Hmm.. I think it might be a hint towards Gauntlgrym being released. Aren't the currencies for it gems?

Ahh, I wondered too. While I do think there are far too many currencies in the game already, there are some good arguments regarding why you should have at least a few different currencies. Even the United States used to have multiple currencies, which allowed them to compete against each other, keeping them strong.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    zombiemealdeluxezombiemealdeluxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any chance we get responces to bug reports? I stumbled upon an annoying one that I hoped would be fixed in a patch soon and got no responce:
    when you use the neverwinter gateway to work on your professions, rough astral diamonds gained by using leadership are not added in-game. I hope this will be adressed soon.
  • Options
    nuromalnuromal Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    nadaclos wrote: »
    Come on FIX THE AGRO!!!!. Is just stupid to see a CW dealing tons of damage and CCing a target or a TR dealing 99999999K of damage, both of them generating less agro than a Cleric healing and been chase by a pack of mobs.....i mean WTH.

Seriously the cleric is always second or first in the immovable object stats, thats ring you any bells??

And make some balance, im tired to play world of rogue and mages instead of neverwinter, the pvp is just bad and unbalanced and for all that is sacred the GWF need serious changes. Come on!! DO SOMETHING!!! Im not the only one who dont care about pets and Zen market, WE WANT NEW AND FIX GAME MECHANIC.

you think rogue needs a nerf have you even played rogue against a cw. Cw is ten times more op then rogue as all they do is stunlock and kill you try getting close to a cw as a rogue and its insta death only way you survive is if every one piles the cw
  • Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nuromal wrote: »
    you think rogue needs a nerf have you even played rogue against a cw. Cw is ten times more op then rogue as all they do is stunlock and kill you try getting close to a cw as a rogue and its insta death only way you survive is if every one piles the cw

You want to try pvp as a DC were more then useless, we cannot heal good enough to save anyone, we cannot damage enough to make any difference. All we do is run out get targeted by everyone and get stun locked and dead. No fun what so ever.

They keep releasing these rubbish little fixes and updates to the zen store, they should be forgetting the zen store and get the more important updated out the door a little priority would be nice.
  • Options
    shod24shod24 Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013

Agree. I have a rogue(lvl 60, and cleric 30), and if the cw knows how to play, they destroy you. For me, the most desbalanced class is the cw, and the part for fix is his stamina, yes, his stamina. Cause nobody can close them alone, is impossible. They can scaped with his shift(teleported-jump) 3 times almost follow, more than you
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    foolsyou wrote: »
    Great weapons fighters could of become invulnerable! dam and here I was dieing all the time taking massive dmg and I could of been godly like most of the other classes :confused: DEFENCE WE NEED DEFENCE!

WTH ? I missed it too :(
    Seriously I need to be informed of these exploits BEFORE they get fixed .
  • Options
    ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just for clarification. You "Go Live" by 8:30am PDT. The shards "Go Down" at 7:00am PDT. Correct?
  • Options
    aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about fixing game breaking bugs like cleric and GF aggro?

Why do you ignore severe bugs unless they are threatening the Zen market?

If you are going to publish a game, then fix the problems during the time you are still calling it BETA.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • Options
    caeltoscaeltos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahh, I wondered too. While I do think there are far too many currencies in the game already, there are some good arguments regarding why you should have at least a few different currencies. Even the United States used to have multiple currencies, which allowed them to compete against each other, keeping them strong
    And that worked out so perfect now didn't it? :cool:
  • Options
    x3mta3xx3mta3x Member Posts: 80
    edited May 2013

Exactly! I love how everyone cries that the Rogue is op, when we are NOT even close. You want to know who is OP'd in PvP? CW, GWF, and GF, all of them are capable of "stun locking" you. DC is also OP'd(compared to Rogue) with the push back, DoTs, etc..

What advantage do Rogues get? Stealth? LOL what a joke, you can TARGET us THROUGH stealth and we are MORE than half dead BEFORE we get to you, and when we do get to you we are stun locked. Rogues are the ONLY class that can NOT immobilize their target, lame. Yeah we get one AoE silence, BUT you can WALK RIGHT OUT of it, LOL, lame again.

Yeah we are sooo op, ROFL what a joke. The people that complain that Rogues are OP'd are people that can't PvP well, period.
  • Options
    x3mta3xx3mta3x Member Posts: 80
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    WTH ? I missed it too :(
    Seriously I need to be informed of these exploits BEFORE they get fixed .

Oh, there are MANY more bugs in PvP. I have seen MULTIPLE instant use of daily skills(ex:2-3 Bloodbath in a row), instant encounter skills(as if there were no cool down), people immune to damage, people suddenly go from a sliver of health to full health in an instant, DC can just jump to "dodge" attacks, the list just goes on and on.
  • Options
    shadathshadath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x3mta3x wrote: »
    Exactly! I love how everyone cries that the Rogue is op, when we are NOT even close. You want to know who is OP'd in PvP? CW, GWF, and GF, all of them are capable of "stun locking" you. DC is also OP'd(compared to Rogue) with the push back, DoTs, etc..

What advantage do Rogues get? Stealth? LOL what a joke, you can TARGET us THROUGH stealth and we are MORE than half dead BEFORE we get to you, and when we do get to you we are stun locked. Rogues are the ONLY class that can NOT immobilize their target, lame. Yeah we get one AoE silence, BUT you can WALK RIGHT OUT of it, LOL, lame again.

Yeah we are sooo op, ROFL what a joke. The people that complain that Rogues are OP'd are people that can't PvP well, period.

While this is a bit harshly phrased, this does make the point fairly clear. There are also other posts further back that explained it, so anyone wanting to cry for GWF buff or TR nerf should go back and read them first, I'm not gonna sit here and quote all of them.

But that said, the point that this all comes down to is that every class has its strong suits. Just because you don't know how to utilize that classes advantages does not mean that it is nerfed, it just means you don't know how to use its advantages.

Take the infamous GWF complaint. GWF's that actually take advantage of their movement and anti-CC abilities effectively can be very devastating to everyone else. It's a matter of knowing how your class works and what advantages it has, then utilizing those advantages.

The only class that's even remotely OP is the CW, because they can effectively stun lock you, then during the short while they cant keep you stunned they can still stunt your movement long enough to dodge like mad during CD then stun lock you again, yet they still get fairly decent damage. I wouldn't mind the heavy CC since they are the only class that can fully lock you like that, except for the fact they still get enough damage to be a threat, on top of that, which means one CW can basically become a "one man army" if played right. No matter how their enemies play. I agree, you have to gang up on them or they never die. (unless they don't know their class and fail to spam their CC's)

(Which, by the way, is where the GWF comes in; a GWF can fight them, the problem is that in spite of your sprint and anti CC abilities, they can still kite like mad because of their stamina. Fix the stamina of the CW and that ends right there.)

Now, that said, I'm not sure about the Guardian Fighter agro bug, as I have not experienced this, but I do not see how GF has a problem blocking; I'm able to just fine on mine. Unless its damage amounts, and I just have not run into that situation yet.

On the other hand. DC agro bug is definitely a massive problem, as far as PVE goes, but in pvp I have seen some do fairly well. I think the main problem there is that people still need to get used to how different cleric is from your usual healer class in other mmo's. You cant sit there and go full support. You are "contributing" just as much in your own way, of course your not going to quickly kill people, if you could, you'd be extremely OP purely because of your heals stacked on top of that.

Of course, I also disagree with the quoted post on one note. Rogue stealth isn't useless, its a matter of using it right. I have never been targetted effectively while in stealth, but I did notice that on my GF I could see them at med. range, although none of my other characters can. So the simple solution is to not close in on them at all until you are ready to deliver your attack. Or use it to take over control points, since the only pvp available is more about an objective than raw damage, why not do the objective? Rogue's are just fine as they are. They don't need a buff; but they sure don't need a nerf either.

The bottom line is this; unless something is genuinely broken, (like the DC agro for instance,) they really should avoid making quick changes to class balance, as that only leads to making critical mistakes that break the game in other ways. Taking their time to be sure how it needs balanced is a necessary step. Look what's happened in other mmo's when developers *DID* listen to people and nerf/buff classes because of complaints. They wound up with new imbalances that effectively ruined the game.

Lets take a step back and chill here. Sorry for the wall of text but this issue has been highly irritating me. They cant release a patch note that people don't whine about this. I find that only two of those complaints are even remotely legit.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yet again us Foundry authors are disappointed by the lack of a sound fix. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zogvarnokazogvarnoka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When the hell is the foundry going to get some updates?! Devs keep telling us they are working on stuff or fixes/updates are ready but we never see anything. Like the sound update. We have been told for 2 weeks now that the fix for it was going in "next patch". It hasn't happened yet.
    Removing the Grey Mask
    NW-DJ56XFK6G
    My first installment in the Rise of Shadovar Campaign.
  • Options
    akostisakostis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    vinagre2 wrote: »
    And another patch without fix for Guardian Fighter, and another week with one entire class broken and useless in a party...

Dont feel left out man.... GWF in same boat along with GF, kicked from every dungeon party or skirmish party. Unless you get party lead then others just quit and re-queue and leave you there with nothing but other melee. I myself have more a less just quit playing the game as I honestly dont like Arcane type classes or healers in games. I really dislike cheese as well which is why I avoid the TR. Maybe someday they will get melee sorted out correctly. Until then I log in check my Leadership profession collect the AD and silvers from it re-start them, do my daily pray to the gods and log off then return to MWO.

Regards
  • Options
    zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's funny how you guys can turn a Patch notes announcement post into class balance and nerf type of post.
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FFS stuck at loadign screen fix? just now when they announce it, my mai nchar is stuck at the loading now - didnt have the problem before... and my celestial coin time is runnign out.
  • Options
    aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zefsgr wrote: »
    It's funny how you guys can turn a Patch notes announcement post into class balance and nerf type of post.
    It's funny how they can take the servers down for 2-3 hours and only patch 3-4 minimal bugs, while completely ignoring the things which are breaking the game for people who play certain classes.

Or did you not get the reason people are unhappy in this thread?
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • Options
    nerfallthethingsnerfallthethings Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x3mta3x wrote: »

What happens when you get rogues who's PnP roots are in not in high end dmg, currently pigeon holed into focusing in single target dmg with few anti CC utility skills versus a class ment to CC?

You get LULZ like this :P
    funny-surprise-ending-wrestle.gif

Whenever people discover their class isn't Raptor Jesus they call h@x0rz or QQ for the nerf bat to help them.
    GF have it rough getting their job's out sourced to tank pets who can force taunt faster and pull aggro but IMO the real class that needs some TLC is GWF aka the barbarian class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nicbec63nicbec63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any chance we get responces to bug reports? I stumbled upon an annoying one that I hoped would be fixed in a patch soon and got no responce:
    when you use the neverwinter gateway to work on your professions, rough astral diamonds gained by using leadership are not added in-game. I hope this will be adressed soon.

I actually just noticed this 2 days ago and started paying a bit more attention than I was. What happens is when you collect RADs via the Gateway, it automatically turns them into ADs. It is bugged however in the fact that it doesn't count them toward the refined count. I collected ~2k RADs through professions in gateway yesterday. When I finally logged in I was still able to refine 24k
    and had an extra ~2k AD. The bug is essentially that you can "refine" more than 24k AD in a day.
  • Options
    kaladinsurgekaladinsurge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stability

The game client will no longer get stuck at the loading screen for some users.

**edit** Didn't realise patch not happened yet...

Why not fix for all users? Those of us that have help fund this game purchasing the hero packs should be able to log in.
This discussion has been closed.