test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.1.20130416.42

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
These changes go live at 7 a.m. PDT on Thursday, May 30.

Combat
  • Great Weapon Fighters can no longer become invulnerable due to cancelling specific powers.

UI
  • A Double Gems event has been added to the calendar, starting June 14 and ending June 16.
  • A Double Astral Diamonds event has been added to the calendar, starting July 3 and ending July 7.

Stability
  • The game client will no longer get stuck at the loading screen for some users.
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Can you separate these small patches and also introduce some that will have bigger changelogs that will be implemented after player suggestions?

For example you could call the small ones "Hotfix NW.1.20130416.42" and then introduce general patches that will include changes other than fixes. Having two dev teams for that would be great. Also, when are we going to get a big patch with all these great suggestions users are posting all around the forums?
  • jim2108jim2108 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously? Of all the things that NEED to be fixed such as GF/GWF gameplay mechanics or Cleric threat aggro mechanics and various other game killing issues you waste time on some miscellaneous BS? you guys seriously need to listen to the community better or there won't be one soon.
  • foolsyoufoolsyou Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great weapons fighters could of become invulnerable! dam and here I was dieing all the time taking massive dmg and I could of been godly like most of the other classes :confused: I would love to play some dungeons that are my gear score rather than putsing around in cloak tower because at least I dont get killed in seconds. DEFENCE WE NEED DEFENCE!
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thank god. I've been reporting the GWF exploit for a few weeks now.

Always live, never die huehuehue
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jim2108 wrote: »
    Seriously? Of all the things that NEED to be fixed such as GF/GWF gameplay mechanics or Cleric threat aggro mechanics and various other game killing issues you waste time on some miscellaneous BS? you guys seriously need to listen to the community better or there won't be one soon.

All the balance changes will come in one fell swoop. No class is in a state where they deserve a hotfix buff.

Youtube Channel

• codenamezeuscodenamezeus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So i can't live without my cleric and potions anymore?:P
    gj
  • ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    foolsyou wrote: »
    DEFENCE WE NEED DEFENCE!

Defence? We got mobility!
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are all the other canceling tricks removes as well?

Also what is double gems?
  • mickwanmickwan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    double gem event?
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Are all the other canceling tricks removes as well?

Also what is double gems?

Hmm.. I think it might be a hint towards Gauntlgrym being released. Aren't the currencies for it gems?

Youtube Channel

• xenniusxennius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to know when the hit points of ALL the companions in the ZEN store got nerfed? I notice that they all seem to have 1800 hp now as opposed to around 2500+ a few days ago.
  • furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How about the ability scores bug?:( These bug has been reported long time ago, I wonder if they'll fix these.:confused:
    SIGNATURE
  • ept1kept1k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about TR main hand wepon with weapon enhc (Master Duelist Long Dagger) which can pick up in off hand slot with , so rogue have 2 weapon ench slots?
    u close that tread, where fix of that? That bug about 2-3 weeks and steel not fixed. gj
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?305932-FIX-this-TR-Exploit-for-crying-out-loud&highlight=main+hand+hand
  • anglachel87anglachel87 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is gonna be so much whine from GWF xD God I love bing a CW. Anyway, I know you are working hard on content and stability but the implementation of few new classes would give some boost and freshness to the gameplay :) Wish you all good day and work ^^
  • nam19772nam19772 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great patch notes, thanks devs :)
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, ok just tested it on my GWF alt.

I can still cheese Avalanche and become untargetable.
    Hmm.. I think it might be a hint towards Gauntlgrym being released. Aren't the currencies for it gems?

Oooh ooh maybe, middle of june is supposed to be it right?
    xennius wrote: »
    I'd like to know when the hit points of ALL the companions in the ZEN store got nerfed? I notice that they all seem to have 1800 hp now as opposed to around 2500+ a few days ago.

And don't forget companions are bugged and aren't considered lvl 60, so they get their damage penalized by level differences essentially doing 1/2 the dmg they should be, making strikers useless.
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    UI
    • A Double Gems event has been added to the calendar, starting June 14 and ending June 16.

Do we really need ANOTHER currency?
  • rengetsu08rengetsu08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    So once again one of those useless patch.... even ppl at home can fix your game bugs and exploits in couple of hours... such a lazy dev team..
    Half-Elf Devoted Cleric-Divine Oracle Build, Powers and Feats:V1.0, V2.0
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Hmm, ok just tested it on my GWF alt.

I can still cheese Avalanche and become untargetable.

The patch hasn't went out yet >.>

Youtube Channel

edited May 2013
    The patch hasn't went out yet >.>

Oh lulz.

Thought they posted after.
  • vinagre2vinagre2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And another patch without fix for Guardian Fighter, and another week with one entire class broken and useless in a party...
  • schokiloverschokilover Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    UI

Uhm....what are these Gems? Can someone explain plz?
  • griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I assume they mean another double AD
  • rm4g3dd0vrm4g3dd0v Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still though, no fix for the GWF power/defense bugs (yet you kill an exploit that might turn the table a bit to the favor of GWF), no rebalancing to TR and CW.

At least you have addressed the "stuck at loading sreen" issue, earning the "I'm-barely-not-a-couch-potato-developer" award once more...
  • zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Maybe they are talking about Bag of Gems(material resource) ?
  • quintumkyberquintumkyber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    zefsgr wrote: »
    Maybe they are talking about Bag of Gems(material resource) ?

Some how I doubt that seeing as you get those from the trade bars. If you don't then I've never seen any drop. Ever. I do hope it's a hint for Gauntlgrym because I am getting bored of gear grinding to get into Castle Never and finish the story.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    5 patches in 10 days is not bad. They may be smaller in scope, and they may not have fixed your bug, but at least they are making progress. They can't fix everything at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brendo11121brendo11121 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could you guys please fix the exp gain error from rune's?
    i have +3.5% on my Mask/Helmet
    + 4% on my arms and boots
    = 11.5% exp gain and i am only getting 7%
  • beriad1beriad1 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the Double Astral Diamond event :)
    5 patches in 10 days is not bad. They may be smaller in scope, and they may not have fixed your bug, but at least they are making progress. They can't fix everything at once.

progress is good!

Do we really need ANOTHER currency?

Right!
    fs_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • lapkinslapkins Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stable stuck after every pvp, great stability!
This discussion has been closed.