test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10 levels in 4 + hours?

2»

Comments

• vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The rate of the normal game's grind is swift but not unreasonable, Its when crafting/pvp/prayer/events get involved that we get into trouble.

Crafting you can avoid the exp just by not doing the quests that give exp, though I do wish more quests in leadership would give JUST boxes and profession XP. make the XP based leadership quest JUST give XP/profXP.

Events and PVP you can avoid xp if needed by not doing them.. avoid foundries during foundry hour ext though you lose the options of getting other benefits of the event if there are any. as for PVP maybe give no xp and more glory and sell xp scrolls for said glory this will be really good for people racing to 60 via pvp as they can use extra glory to go even faster.

Prayer THIS is the big problem cause people want to save up those 5-7 coins and if they miss one day due to not wanting to outlevel content they lose all their coins. not to mention the possibility of AD/potions/buffs/ect. and its not like 75xp that you get from 4 hours of crafting My solution is give us XP scrolls instead of xp. scrolls that can be applied to us or dropped or used on our pets.(unlike current scrolls which cant even be dropped apparently) if someone is level 60 they can always get more pets to use xp scrolls on and buying more pets = more zen purchases.

this way takes nothing away from people who wish to race to 60. it just give people who like a slower progression or who are trying to keep in sync with friends more options. also fyi ive seen exp boosting scrolls in tradebar store
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jetah wrote: »
    I hate the adventure to level 60. if i could purchase premade Lv60 characters I would. I don't care about the quest, I don't care about the story, I don't care about anything except raids (well elite dungeons too but with all the adds that bosses spawn and the trash to clear, it's getting old pretty quick).

If i could pay for convenience that would allow me to skip all the 1-59 stuff to get myself a Lv60; I'd do it.

Honestly, one of the best solutions would be to triple the experience required per level and sell exactly what you request. That works out well for people that enjoy slow leveling like me as well as people that dislike leveling such as yourself. The only people that would complain are people that think PvE is a competition and those people are confused (and generally unpleasant to be around) anyway. PvP is a competition. PvE is cooperative.
  • nowwithlimenowwithlime Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do know that even if you level slower its not going to magically make the game better. If anything the only saving grace of the game is the speed at which you get to cap for endgame.
  • preciousfaithpreciousfaith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    I'm sorry are you meaning Me? I am by no means cheating. No foundry, no Delves, The Only exploit is I am playing a Rogue. I have only played the actual adventure and some of the side quests. Our characters progress way to fast to introduce any Canon Heroes as NPCs. They would be only fit to be our henchmen at best.

found your problem... playing as a rogue XD

i found leveling at a nice area, not too much grinding but not too little... I found at lvl 50+ it gets slow on leveling and being a DC you could even use help to level faster
  • necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the last thing some people want is for them to make it take longer to level, it'll only encourage more afk pvp bots. Some people plan to play a lot of characters , and with not much content to go trhough it will drive some people crazy having to do it all 3 or 4 times over and over again if they nerf the xp rewards for quests to satisfy the trolls or hardcore nerdy story types.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    I am sorry but that is just to fast! There is no real challenge if I can grind en levels that fast. How are you going to keep me interested if I am flying through the levels this fast?

No dought. I prefer the old school format 20 lvls, every single one 4x as hard to get as in this game. But with powerful passive growth when gained.
  • myrmeenlhalmyrmeenlhal Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Replying to two people at once, yay.
    grumbuskyn wrote: »
    Stepping back to the original point. I do feel I am leveling too fast and missing content. It is a difficult balance but I enjoy the journey more then the end game so I want to be able to do all the quests as well as foundry quest. When you add the very large amount of exp praying gives you it gets out of hand. Makes it hard to stay in sync with your friends as well.

Perhaps the solution, then, is to make it possible to do quests for which you are too high a level. Which would be win win, since you'd not miss out on content, and your rate of levelling would slow down due to reduced xp for quests for which you're over levelled.

erethizon1 wrote: »
    Honestly, one of the best solutions would be to triple the experience required per level and sell exactly what you request. That works out well for people that enjoy slow leveling like me as well as people that dislike leveling such as yourself. The only people that would complain are people that think PvE is a competition and those people are confused (and generally unpleasant to be around) anyway. PvP is a competition. PvE is cooperative.

What about us people in between? I like levelling. I like the rate at which I level in this game. I'm an alt-o-holic, so I have a tendency to do it over and over again - and this game is pretty good for the releveller, what with both class and racial quests. But I don't like long grinds, and the thought of needing three times the xp just makes me feel ill. It would literally drive me away from the game.

Maybe what they need is a toggle for either turning xp off completely, or simply increasing the amount needed. You could select it individually for every character. That way, you don't end up pissing off the people who really don't want to spend forever levelling, and yet still wish to go through the process.

The other possibility is getting rid of xp for anything other than killing monsters, completing quests, and pvp. So no xp for invocation and none for trade skills. These two forms of xp are largely responsible for my Guardian being 2, nearly 3, levels ahead of her levelling partner (my RL partner's CW).
  • hkfrenchtoasthkfrenchtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not everyone has a lot of time to mindlessly grind.
  • leheupleheup Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played only the story progression including the sidequests, no foundry D/Ds at all and bu the time i got to the end of the storey I had hit 6 with only a feqw missions left... I think that 0-60 this way is very well done. Throw in the foundry and DDs then ofcorse its going to be faster, depends on how much you prioratise leveling and enjoyment of the ocore storey ststem. Personally Ill play the storey and quest for every character but its nice that peeps who just want to get to 60 asap have to toption to apposed to being forced to replay the storey...I approve!