test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bots ruining pvp

brothertanbrothertan Member Posts: 12
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Ok I just played 5 games (pvp) in a row
There were bots in every single game one team was all bots with names like gfh, asd, etc.
Do the admins know and whats the deal with them ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dominion513dominion513 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats crazy the game is already going in the crapper from bots
  • Options
    v4guev4gue Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a thread with suggestion to help track/fix the issue. throw your approval or additional suggestions there. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?309251-Suggestion-to-combat-bot-use-in-PVP
  • Options
    zerj12zerj12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As much as I dislike the idea of the twinking of WoW and the newbstomping it invevitably brings to low tier PvP, would removing XP gains from PvP get rid of bots at least at the higher levels?
  • Options
    v4guev4gue Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zerj12 wrote: »
    As much as I dislike the idea of the twinking of WoW and the newbstomping it invevitably brings to low tier PvP, would removing XP gains from PvP get rid of bots at least at the higher levels?
    That's not the answer, though it is one possible solution. A better way would be an easy report feature and some GM's on standby with banhammers at the ready.
  • Options
    cythrulcythrul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have played 12 matches today... bots in every single match.
  • Options
    meeshimeeshi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From all the bots i saw in pvp today i now fear having anything with the name Hawklight on my team. every time i inspect these people before a match starts i notice these players wearing lvl 8 common items, this is in the 20-29, bracket and 30-39. Haven't seen any in the 60 bracket as yet.
    "Whether i am kind or cruel, is all determined on a whim..." - Ologig
  • Options
    aphasiaaphasia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How to identify a bot?
  • Options
    dargathidargathi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make anything bought with Glory BoP, loose any XP gains in PvP.. job Done..
  • Options
    khitch25khitch25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Please fix this. I am just playing for PvP and so is everyone else in my guild. At the moment everyone is just logging on for daily prayers. Please acknowledge the issue crypic and promise us a fix
  • Options
    tarsvettarsvet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Atleast the bots do something more than the afkers :).

But dont remove the xp from PvP, I enjoy PvP but still want to advance my character. As for the glory, anyone who is buying PvP gear for AD has too much money and no sense.. Glory at L60 is SOOOOOO easy even if you lose every time, just takes a little time, and heaven forbid you might actually learn how to use your character better ... I would have no problem with PvP gear being BOP it should be already....
  • Options
    yushirokaneyushirokane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dargathi wrote: »
    Make anything bought with Glory BoP, loose any XP gains in PvP.. job Done..
    No way, some players like me pvp about 90% of the time, purchasing glory gear and selling it on ah is our main income, in fact is cool a game where you can make some income even from pvp. Will be easier and better accepted for players if the glory rewards are per contribution in the match and perfomance, not just a flat won for everyone.
  • Options
    zerj12zerj12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would agree, no XP in PvP isn't a good longterm solution, but it would be quick and easy until the Devs can figure out a better solution.
  • Options
    dcoy1dcoy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All gear obtained at level 60 should be BOP, not just PVP gear. But that doesn't fit in with the plan of a P2W cash cow now does it. We're 1 month in now. And I'm already looking for something else. Or just considering giving up MMOs altogether if this is what they've become.
  • Options
    imobiusimobius Member Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Problem number 1; EVERY PIECE OF GEAR IS TRADEABLE!

Serieusly, people just farm whatever currency is the easiest, in this case through PvP.
    They purchase items with said currency, sell it on the broker and then use that stuff to make actual money from gold selling websites.
  • Options
    widowmakirwidowmakir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be better if the developers would go through their code and fix all the loopholes that allow players to create bots in the first place.

The problem with Banhammers is the lack of ability to enforce it, with a free to play game people just create another account and load their pre-built bots back into place. 15 - 30 minutes tops. There are companies that sell rotating IPs, so trying to ban by IP is pretty much only to catch only the idiots who do not know how to get these service setup.

People with the bots are most likely making some good money off of this game. The only way I can see to stop it is making items BoP or to account and glory items bound to account. Stop giving people the opportunity to sell items gained through PvP and it will stop within the day.
  • Options
    mawaddah99mawaddah99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now are the BOT's and next is what ?
  • Options
    senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Agreed. PVP is broke. All PVP items should be BoP... perhaps bound to account, but definitely bind of pickup.

Glory items should NOT be tradable and neither should seal items.

Sorry if that kills a easy source of income for some, but there are other ways to make money too... and right now, the economy is COMPLETELY broken.

Sad... but true.

Unless they reign some of this in... within a year, you'll have nothing but noobs and farmers. NW Gold will be selling for 100gp for $1 and a million AD will be $1 because it's so plentiful. Items will be inflated beyond the realm of normal players and only players who buy Zen or buy gold/AD from gold sellers will be able to buy items.

While I don't like the locked down economies of some games, seeing what this has become in such a short time makes me feel like the locked down economy is the better way.
  • Options
    jayws84jayws84 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    I don't agree with removing XP and making Glory items BoP. This game is built around the concept of the player being able to level up and spend their in-game time on whatever they find to be fun. Maybe nerf the XP a bit, but that's for other reasons.

Only way to get rid of bots is to have a report function, active GM's (haven't seen one sign of a GM in Neverwinter so far) and some sort of system that kicks afk players from matches, or at least doesn't reward them when the match is done.
  • Options
    widowmakirwidowmakir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only way to get rid of bots is to have a report function, active GM's (haven't seen one sign of a GM in Neverwinter so far) and some sort of system that kicks afk players from matches, or at least doesn't reward them when the match is done.

jayws84 I think you are stuck in the "little picture" concept, Look at the larger scope, How many people do you think would have to be on at one time in order to fulfill all of the ban requests? Do you actually think there is only 1 or 2 matches going on at a time? With all of the people playing both here and Internationally?

Think of the time it takes you to make the request, for them to respond to the request, and then to process the request and actions taken. Then multiply it by the number of matches that take place at any given time. The Bot group replacing the removed bot with another (Guaranteed there will be groups of people working together), when you are making the money they are you are not going to giveup without a fight.
    Then of the backlog that is created as time goes by and requests get backed up. Again it is my belief the Banhammer will not work in a free game. In a subscription based game it is possible, this would be based on amount effort and money it would cost/make.
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    v4gue wrote: »
    That's not the answer, though it is one possible solution. A better way would be an easy report feature and some GM's on standby with banhammers at the ready.

I don’t know if you have noticed, but everything has been done to automate as much of the game as possible.

As much as I love to imagine a parlor full of devs kicked back and doing the nothing that is getting done on the game, the more likely scenario is that a handful of people are being given four handfuls of work and no one has time to address anything in the game.

There are no GMs, there are no banhammers at the ready, no one is sitting by watching anything. You are playing in the wild west and their aint no hangin’ judge round these parts.

So when you pose a solution keep in mind that it needs to be pushbutton automated, no human interaction. It should allow for several days to a week to parse and produce any sort of action and it can’t be supported by any actual person.

A system like that they might be able to use by familiarity if nothing else.
  • Options
    yushirokaneyushirokane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imobius wrote: »
    Problem number 1; EVERY PIECE OF GEAR IS TRADEABLE!

Serieusly, people just farm whatever currency is the easiest, in this case through PvP.
    They purchase items with said currency, sell it on the broker and then use that stuff to make actual money from gold selling websites.
    You ar eso wrong, at least ppl that do pvp and purchase gear from it is legit.
    Go to some epic frozen 7 min runs at DD time. That **** exploiters can make 1-2 mill ad in 1 hr, you can make about 20k ad in pvp in 1 hour ffs
  • Options
    senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    SkyNet needs to run the bots to make money so that it can finance the war against humanity in the future.
  • Options
    imobiusimobius Member Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You ar eso wrong, at least ppl that do pvp and purchase gear from it is legit.
    Go to some epic frozen 7 min runs at DD time. That **** exploiters can make 1-2 mill ad in 1 hr, you can make about 20k ad in pvp in 1 hour ffs

Doing PvP isn't about purchasing gear and selling it...
    Its only a convenience to earn some cash when doing PvP. There need to be other sources of cash flow.

Besides, its not only PvP related. All gear is for sale, no matter what content you get it from.
    In addition, by "easiest" i ment that you can just afk in Arenas and get stuff for doing nothing, you can't do that in epic runs.
    Considering that because of the fact that PvP gear is tradeable, people tend to use the arenas as an afk spot (especially as a leader) and get away with free loot to sell and trade.
    Even if its just a temporary fix, something needs to be done about it.
  • Options
    krogothiczkrogothicz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems to be getting worse everyday
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Stop buying from 3rd party websites and there will be no reason for bots. :P
  • Options
    manestream1manestream1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Funny this thread is here. However today was my 1st ever encounter with all 5 opposition being AFK, stood around for 8 minutes doing nothing whilst the timer went up.
    Have to agree though, this may be an easy way to achieve your daily, but it sure is one boring route.
  • Options
    phaazenphaazen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only really pvp for daily diamonds it is so unblanced anyway.

though i would like to see less bots and more balance instead of

CW+TR > the rest
  • Options
    arpemarpem Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a player who does not PVP very often, I agree with everyone in that something needs to be done with botters, PVP or otherwise. The issue I ran into today, in fact, is that even when you have a real person playing, the chance to get kicked from the PVP match is still at the whim of the "party leader". This is something I personally would like to see get looked at and possibly changed.

In my PVP match today, I spoke with the party telling them I'm not a bot, even got into an argument with them, and just before the match ended, got kicked by the party lead for "not helping our team". We were severely outmatched and losing so bad that I was not about to give the other team "free kills" and for my trouble I got kicked.

So one GM ticket and a screen shot later, here I am. Hoping the GM's will do something about it but not holding my breath.
  • Options
    khitch25khitch25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Bumping bot threads untill we get a response.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The threads about bots dissapear so quickly to the bottom of the pile ... either really no one cares about bots or everyone who does just quits instead of complaining I guess