test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else find the game quite boring at level 60?

skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just don't have the motivation to try to find parties for epic dungeons.

Firstly, what's the point? Besides bragging rights, I don't really see the point in getting the "best" gear in this game. Not to mention, your damage and damage mitigation from your gear isn't all that significant with high-end gear.

Back to party finding, the queue system is extremely terrible.
Sometimes I'm in queue for 30-60 minutes, only to find that there's no cleric in party. Which then the party disbanding ensues, wasting my time.

PVP is a joke, lol. The fact that I can 1 shot anyone with my crappy gear is just total nonsense.

I don't know, am I missing something here? What are your suggestions on having fun in this game at 60?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drillsgt69drillsgt69 Banned Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    skinneykrn wrote: »
    What are your suggestions on having fun in this game at 60?

Exploit as much as possible then uninstall.
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drillsgt69 wrote: »

This

The other choice is throw money at the game in the hope it gets better.
  • zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Well you gotta do what you gotta do to survive in this world today.
  • vheraunvheraun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My suggestion for fun? In a fantasy game? Set in a beloved world? RP. Over and over, upside-down, backwards, inside-out RP. Any level, any way.
  • vyshravyshra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of the queue issues and/or boredom would be resolved if they merged the servers already...
  • roadkillaroadkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ya your right it's not much fun after level 60.
    it's realy not that much fun getting to 60 either.
    lfg doesn't work right and crafting is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    maybe some thing fun will come out soon.
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I found 1-60 boring. At 60 the game has just started for me (Foundry).
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Yeah... game already played out for me. Just doing crafting for lack of better things to do.
  • zarnicuszarnicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should let us train our clerics companions to 30 so we no longer need a DC!

yeah!
  • iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is literally nothing to do for a solo player at max level- there's epic dungeons, and botfest- I mean pvp.

The pvp has no reward, you can't even sell the stuff anymore- and the gear is the worst tier epic gear there is.

Only advancement is through epic dungeons- and if you pug, you'll get ninjad, booted or people will leave an hour in.

Where are endgame zones with dailies? Where's soloing to gain in game currency? Where's the ability to obtain anything at all of value beyond some epic loot? Any other game- you can go for rare mounts, rare recipes, farm up rep for things, try to get rare fluff items and cosmetics.

This game... you can't even gain currency except for through a few dailies- half of which are bugged out, some of which take hours to complete due to the awful groupfinder.

The only thing that you can really do in this game, and where everything is earned and lost- is the auction house.

This game is really nothing but an economic simulator... full of exploits and broken coding- so it's not even any good at being that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    I'm playing economic game. Buy low sell high.
    edited May 2013
    I'm playing economic game. Buy low sell high.

Why? (I'm actually curious why that would be fun)
  • cera001cera001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After you hit 60 you get all your gear and stop. Then you look at yourself and go wow I'm so OP. Next, you go to www.mmorpg.com and read reviews about other games. Then you say to yourself glad I only spent a few dollars on this game what a sad end game.

But before you leave the game you read some forum posts and try to convince yourself that's it's only Beta. Maybe I should stay and be totally bored I mean its what the other players are doing these days? Then you realize you weren't stupid enough to but a founders pack because your a veteran mmoer and know that's a major **** move.

Sadly, you uninstall find another game and remember old Neverwinter...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013

50 characters on one account on day one from negative bids that don't get wiped? COUNT EVERYONE ON DRAGON IN!
  • veblenveblen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel you, OP. Have just been doing my dailies and crafting since hitting 60 on my DC almost two weeks ago now.

What's worse, with the Protector's Enclave bug, I've resorted to hanging out at Mount Hotenow's campfire. :p
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Max out your character and go find another game to play until some new content is released. Hopefully, Cryptic is on it because there just isn't enough content to hold people for very long. I know there is the Foundry but after you are maxed out, what's the point outside of story?
    edited May 2013
    Why? (I'm actually curious why that would be fun)

Making money (AD) is fun. Bargain hunting is fun. What's not fun ? PvP (Unbalanced CW/TR lording over everything), Dungeons (Nobody wants a GWF/GF). I always think of my character as an adventurer who moonlights as a merchant :)
  • artorusrexartorusrex Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    got to agree with a lot of the feelings and opinions on this thread.

Personally i enjoyed the time getting my first character to max level, even thou i found the world very linear with not much to do apart from follow the quests in the order that the game has set out, it was missing side quests , things to explore all the little extra bits you get in most mmos . By the time I lvled my second character to max level i just found doing the exact same sequence again to be rather boring, and this is from a player who is normally a bit of a altoholic in most mmo's.

In regards to the "endgame" well as i stands now i think its pretty poor , the dungeons are just epic versions of the same dungeons as you lvled up (obviously except CN) with a few more adds etc thrown in. As for the the actual end bosses in t2's etc after running most and seeing yet another using the "oh ill spawn infinite waves of mobs " tactic as a mechanic gotta say i have got a bit tired of them.

Its not all doom and gloom thou, the game has potential...just would love to see more interesting boss mechanics ( guess that wont happen till they work out class balances etc ), it needs more to do at lvl 60 as well except for running dungeons eternally. some lvl 60 grinding zones /world events/ better crafting system tbh anything .

On another note i am starting to think there Dungeon Delve feature is also incredibly bad, apart from it pretty much ensures you have to play at a particular time (which isn't good for a casual player ) to have a chance for a decent item. I am also noticing that people are starting to just not bother with doing dungeons outside of these time slots so you have a hour of intense dungeon running and then nothing happens in-game for 4 hours till the next one.
    Also the dungeon delve doesn't do much for the group experience as all people are interested in is running them as fast as possible to get as many into the DD period as possible, generally in most groups means no waiting , No talking , nothing except kil kill kill. Maybe im to old school for this but i actually,like groups that are a group with chat . planning etc etc .

Anyway hopefully its all still early days and improvements will come , personally i guess i will reduce the amount played and cross my fingers that something does change that will interest me to get me to focus on the game more.
    edited May 2013
    Making money (AD) is fun. Bargain hunting is fun. What's not fun ? PvP (Unbalanced CW/TR lording over everything), Dungeons (Nobody wants a GWF/GF). I always think of my character as an adventurer who moonlights as a merchant :)

Ah gotcha, I guess I shouldn't look at it as a means to an end. :D
    edited May 2013
    artorusrex wrote: »
    In regards to the "endgame" well as i stands now i think its pretty poor , the dungeons are just epic versions of the same dungeons as you lvled up (obviously except CN) with a few more adds etc thrown in. As for the the actual end bosses in t2's etc after running most and seeing yet another using the "oh ill spawn infinite waves of mobs " tactic as a mechanic gotta say i have got a bit tired of them.

Its not all doom and gloom thou, the game has potential...just would love to see more interesting boss mechanics ( guess that wont happen till they work out class balances etc ), it needs more to do at lvl 60 as well except for running dungeons eternally. some lvl 60 grinding zones /world events/ better crafting system tbh anything .

On another note i am starting to think there Dungeon Delve feature is also incredibly bad, apart from it pretty much ensures you have to play at a particular time (which isn't good for a casual player ) to have a chance for a decent item. I am also noticing that people are starting to just not bother with doing dungeons outside of these time slots so you have a hour of intense dungeon running and then nothing happens in-game for 4 hours till the next one.
    Also the dungeon delve doesn't do much for the group experience as all people are interested in is running them as fast as possible to get as many into the DD period as possible, generally in most groups means no waiting , No talking , nothing except kil kill kill. Maybe im to old school for this but i actually,like groups that are a group with chat . planning etc etc .

Anyway hopefully its all still early days and improvements will come , personally i guess i will reduce the amount played and cross my fingers that something does change that will interest me to get me to focus on the game more.

I agree wholeheartedly. Dungeon Delve is sucks and tend to favor people who play at certain times (I hell wouldn't wake up at 2am just to do a dungeon delve). Dungeon boss fights are one dimensional (Cryptic go learn from Blizzard designers how to make creative dungeon boss fights), and the only way they seem to increase in difficulty is to throw insane number of adds at you or increase mob HP to mind blowing levels just to lengthen the fight.
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe you're spending too much time on it? I can only play 1 hour a day. So dungeons and such are still exciting even at level 60. :)
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • artorusrexartorusrex Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    Maybe you're spending too much time on it? I can only play 1 hour a day. So dungeons and such are still exciting even at level 60. :)

Yes i guess your available playtime would have a huge impact on how quickly you can get bored with it , playing only a hour each day is pretty low , so ofc it would take you longer to work through all the content and then repeat it till your bored silly:P

If your playing for a few hours each night , or most nights after work with the odd bit of weekend thrown in it really doesnt take long to cycle through it all a fair bit.
  • isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Gauntlgyrm isn't released yet and I have fun pvping which is what I do most of the time.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    skinneykrn wrote: »
    I just don't have the motivation to try to find parties for epic dungeons.

Firstly, what's the point? Besides bragging rights, I don't really see the point in getting the "best" gear in this game. Not to mention, your damage and damage mitigation from your gear isn't all that significant with high-end gear.

Back to party finding, the queue system is extremely terrible.
    Sometimes I'm in queue for 30-60 minutes, only to find that there's no cleric in party. Which then the party disbanding ensues, wasting my time.

PVP is a joke, lol. The fact that I can 1 shot anyone with my crappy gear is just total nonsense.

I don't know, am I missing something here? What are your suggestions on having fun in this game at 60?

I have found this to be true with every mmo except those with a robust pvp system like gw2. At least I have fun leveling in NW, in most mmos I find that part boring as hell too.
  • erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes the game is boring at level 60. All games are boring at the level cap. All there is to do is PvP (which can be done at any level) and repeat the same content over and over again for gear (which also can be done at any level). I don't understand why players are always in such a rush to reach the level cap. It leads to games like this where you cannot help but reach the level cap no matter how little you play. Leadership and praying alone have given me 10+ levels. I miss the good old days when it took a year to reach the level cap.
  • klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    At 60 you should be farming for BIS gear, finishing up any old quests you skipped and applying for guilds. Foundry quests and PVP also offer lots of content
    edited May 2013
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    I miss the good old days when it took a year to reach the level cap.

I remember it took me half a year in Everquest to reach the maximum lvl 60 cap.
  • tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm curious what other MMOs have to offer for end game content that NW doesn't aside from Raids? Ive played most of them, and I'm not seeing much of a difference.

Dailies. yes
    Heroic Dungeons/gear grind: yes
    Raids: Soon
    PvP: yes
    Crafting: yes
    Farm gear/items to work the auction house: yes

Isn't that basically what you find in most MMOs for end game?
    Then you also have
    Foundry.
    Event calendar.
  • derzigderzig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a total joke in the current state - playing anything other than a DC will essentially guarantee you're kicked from any dungeon party you enter. If you don't have 3-4 friends playing (with at least one of you being a relatively good DC), you're really wasting your time right now. I loved playing my TR, but after a week or so of missed Dungeon Delves and frustrating wait times paired with constantly being kicked from groups because they never have a cleric, I've decided to level a DC. Maybe once my cleric is 60 I'll get to run the dungeons on a regular basis just to see if the game is worth playing at all.

In all honesty though, we've already had new companions and new mounts released all over the place, the ZEN store is full of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but there are still a ridiculous amount of problems with the game. I'm really shocked that any company would release such an unfinished game, much less one that tries to force you to spend money at every turn. I dealt with the laughable bag and bank space, I finally conceded to the idea that only three classes were actually playable, and I even considered buying a founder's pack just so I could have quick mounts across my account, but the dreadfully boring gameplay at 60 combined with the inability to even get into a compatible group during a 1 hour Dungeon Delve has finally ruined the game for me.

I hope Cryptic can turn this around, the game has great potential and quite possibly the greatest fantasy setting available to this type of game. I'll see how much cleric works out, I'm not getting my hopes up, though.
  • kaninchenkaninchen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tinypyro wrote: »
    I'm curious what other MMOs have to offer for end game content that NW doesn't aside from Raids? Ive played most of them, and I'm not seeing much of a difference.

Dailies. yes
    Heroic Dungeons/gear grind: yes
    Raids: Soon
    PvP: yes
    Crafting: yes
    Farm gear/items to work the auction house: yes

Isn't that basically what you find in most MMOs for end game?
    Then you also have
    Foundry.
    Event calendar.

Pretty much. I don't get why every time every new game comes out we get these kinds of threads. It's like they've never played an MMO before.