test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Major problems that no one is talking.

truewarlordtruewarlord Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Well, first of all let me say that im a huge fan of D&D, especially the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, and that's why I'm writing this. I want to help. I do not want this game to be just another fail with a great IP.

Major problems.

1 - Pay to win.

Yea. We need to address this issue NOW, before is too late.
Zen -> Astral diamonds -> Best gear = Pay to win.

The main reason of this problem is, in my opinion, the fact that auction house works with Astral diamonds, and not gold. Adding the fact that we can directly convert the cash currency "ZEN" in "astral diamonds" by the game mechanics.

Considering the fact that we can get the maximum level in a week (and that is ANOTHER major issue i will talk later), people can be full gear with 13k+ gear score JUST PAYNG. PAYNG, NOT PLAYNG.

Fix auction house. It should work with gold. Make sure that is no direct means to convert zen in to gold, and fight the gold sellers.

2 - Purple items are not even rare, "very rare" is a joke.

The economy is broken, Cryptic. Do somethink now.
Auction house has purples itens being sold for 3.000 astral diamonds. Its becoming too easy.

I means no disrespect, but Neverwinter is the easiest game I've ever played. And that is a problem. A BIG problem. No game should be easy than WOW. Add the fact neverwinter is a free to play game.

To solve this issue, i think you should do the following:

- Fix auction house.
- Make purple drops true RARE. Did you realy know what VERY RARE means? LOL
- And add a "REPUTATION SYSTEM".

REPUTATION SYSTEM

Currently in the game, you only need to get lvl cap 60, and is now able to use the best gear available.
To solve this joke, and make people WORK and PLAY the game, just add a Reputation requirement to equip some gear.
Reputation is gain by playng the game, doing quests, dungeons, PvP (should be gain only by winning!!!), skirmishs, foundrys etc!
It will make people play the game. It is a MUST! Reputation System NOW!

3 - Experience gained by PvP and glory.

Nerf PvP xp please. 3 PvPs 1 lvl is too much.
With the rep system, people will have another reason to do PvP too.

Lastly, a player should get much less glory if he lose the match.

Well, Community. What do you think of the ideas proposed? I ask that you help to keep the topic and add new hotspots.

Best regards,

TrueWarlord.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. - Debatable. I mean, you have a point, but the game has quite a learning curve, so even if you spend hundreds on best equips, you'll still be a horrible player.

2. - If they do this but not 1), the P2W issue will be much more problematic. Or we could just wait a bit until new content (which seems to be incoming very soon) simply phases out these early OBT "best equips".

3. - I firmly believe that the game should offer options. So a pure PvPer should be able to level at the same speed as a pure PvEer or a pure Foundry player. The balance is about right overall atm. They could decrease XP gain juuuust a little overall, but I'm fine with it as is.

Food for thought.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No one is talking about these? Are you new here? These topics are a dead horse.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If this game was Pay to Win I would have already won a long time ago.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    No one is talking about these? Are you new here? These topics are a dead horse.
    1 - If is not in front page, so no one is talking about...
    2 - No...
    3 - And that is why no one is talking about...
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Enchants are pretty pay to win.

I wouldn't say gear is, the stat differences aren't that big.

Although some sets like Shadow Weaver are pretty ridiculous. /shrug
  • Options
    withzorwithzor Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the reason of why zen can be converted into AD is simple, the game developers are moneh horny.. nothing new.
    Also, new content = new tier gear = ppl need to buy more zen for RL monz to get the AD to buy the gear..
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, first of all let me say that im a huge fan of D&D, especially the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, and that's why I'm writing this. I want to help. I do not want this game to be just another fail with a great IP.

Major problems.

1 - Pay to win.
    Do a forum search, a bunch of poor people are talking about this.
    Yea. We need to address this issue NOW, before is too late.
    Zen -> Astral diamonds -> Best gear = Pay to win.

The main reason of this problem is, in my opinion, the fact that auction house works with Astral diamonds, and not gold. Adding the fact that we can directly convert the cash currency "ZEN" in "astral diamonds" by the game mechanics.

Considering the fact that we can get the maximum level in a week (and that is ANOTHER major issue i will talk later), people can be full gear with 13k+ gear score JUST PAYNG. PAYNG, NOT PLAYNG.

Fix auction house. It should work with gold. Make sure that is no direct means to convert zen in to gold, and fight the gold sellers.

2 - Purple items are not even rare, "very rare" is a joke.
    Do a forum search, a bunch of people are talking about this.
    The economy is broken, Cryptic. Do somethink now.
    Auction house has purples itens being sold for 3.000 astral diamonds. Its becoming too easy.

I means no disrespect, but Neverwinter is the easiest game I've ever played. And that is a problem. A BIG problem. No game should be easy than WOW. Add the fact neverwinter is a free to play game.

To solve this issue, i think you should do the following:

- Fix auction house.
    - Make purple drops true RARE. Did you realy know what VERY RARE means? LOL
    - And add a "REPUTATION SYSTEM".

REPUTATION SYSTEM
    Yes, with the exploiting and botting, this is a PRIORITY ISSUE! Dolt.
    Currently in the game, you only need to get lvl cap 60, and is now able to use the best gear available.
    To solve this joke, and make people WORK and PLAY the game, just add a Reputation requirement to equip some gear.
    Reputation is gain by playng the game, doing quests, dungeons, PvP (should be gain only by winning!!!), skirmishs, foundrys etc!

Well, Community. What do you think of the ideas proposed? I ask that you help to keep the topic and add new hotspots.

Best regards,

TrueWarlord.

1 point for the last one. I give the thread an overall score of 2... because you tried but lost severe points for linguistics and pointlessness.

Come back next year.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    primerib41primerib41 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    1) What exactly do you "win"? It doesn't make any difference to me if someone else has the best gear. It's not like there's open PvP where someone can kick me out of town.
    2) You're complaining that gear is too cheap on AH? Don't buy it. Grind all your own gear.
    3) I supposed it might annoy me if I loved PvP at really low levels and wanted to twink a certain bracket. But otherwise, I don't see why anyone would care.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Enchants are pretty pay to win.

I wouldn't say gear is, the stat differences aren't that big.

Although some sets like Shadow Weaver are pretty ridiculous. /shrug

When i said "pay to win", I'm referring to the fact that a player get everything just paying. No need to play.
  • Options
    coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When i said "pay to win", I'm referring to the fact that a player get everything just paying. No need to play.
    Oh noes!!! Actually... I couldn't care less. They could wander about dressed in the most mega of purples from top to toe and my game isn't affected in the slightest.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yeah that's true.

While I do like most things being BoE just because it gives a reason to run them even after you've acquired everything, they should add a few more things that have to be earned, like your reputation thingy.
  • Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    2 - And add a "REPUTATION SYSTEM".

REPUTATION SYSTEM

I do NOT think much of this idea. I am glad that ONE MMO finally doesn't force me to group up to acquire BIS gear. I swear it's like some developers think this is an MMO law that is cast in stone and can never be altered.

However, I would be happy to put more effort in. Give me loooooong chain quests that I can solo with my companion as an alternative to grouping.
  • Options
    jinle0522jinle0522 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rare gear not rare is because people exploit bosses and kick boss adds off bridges/ledges whatever. Fix that and problem solved. Well maybe not because the damage is done already.
  • Options
    ikianeikiane Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Major problems.

1 - Pay to win.

Best regards,

TrueWarlord.

i stopped reading, here
  • Options
    paulw06paulw06 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Did I miss the part in the store where they sell lvl 60? as I'm PLAYING the game trying to lvl to 60 and your telling me I don't have to play to get everything I'm a bit confused?!?!?!?

Someone rated this post a 2 I'd be more generous and go as far as a -2 lol. people don't want some korean grind fest they want to get lvl 60 then play the fun stuff without having to take a year to get to the fun parts.

You also didn't mention the fact you can earn Astral Diamonds in game from professions/daily's/Invocation/selling your items on AH and then trade them to Zen negating the PAY part of PAY to WIN and turning it in to a PLAY to WIN............ If you use your brain a bit you'll never have to spend a dollar on this game.

The term Pay to win means you can pay and get items with an advantage people who play cant without paying. this is not a pay to win game as you can get anything by either paying or playing.

wish some tards would get this in to their head and stop whining.

*Rant Over*
  • Options
    grimmrecgrimmrec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Enchants are the only TRUE pay-2-win aspect of this game and only because 7 days for a CHANCE at a Coalescent Ward is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Even then, you could just sell <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> purples for long enough until you have the requisite AD to purchase one from the AH, or sell AD for Zen - assuming the Auction House is up for more than a week at a time - without major exploits resulting in the massive depreciation of value of easily and QUICKLY obtained gear.

3+ Dungeons, during Delves = Purple Rain and AD Flood.

TL;DR? Essentially, the economy is still borked and probably always will be.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    paulw06 wrote: »
    Did I miss the part in the store where they sell lvl 60? as I'm PLAYING the game trying to lvl to 60 and your telling me I don't have to play to get everything I'm a bit confused?!?!?!?

Someone rated this post a 2 I'd be more generous and go as far as a -2 lol. people don't want some korean grind fest they want to get lvl 60 then play the fun stuff without having to take a year to get to the fun parts.

You also didn't mention the fact you can earn Astral Diamonds in game from professions/daily's/Invocation/selling your items on AH and then trade them to Zen negating the PAY part of PAY to WIN and turning it in to a PLAY to WIN............ If you use your brain a bit you'll never have to spend a dollar on this game.

The term Pay to win means you can pay and get items with an advantage people who play cant without paying. this is not a pay to win game as you can get anything by either paying or playing.

wish some tards would get this in to their head and stop whining.

*Rant Over*

you are blind.

First, you dont know what "pay to win" means.

This forum is infested with players who do not even have reached the maximum level and think they are experts in the game mechanics.

Most of them do not give a **** about the economy and does not want to know about longevity.

Everyone has everything? No problem.
    Maximum level in a week and paying full gear?

Who cares. It does not affect my game.

LOL, noobs.

And for the record. Nobody is obliged to agree with my topic.
    Show courtesy and respect... If your parents did not teach you that, I feel sorry for you.

Got used with subscribe games. Forgot how bad the free to play community is.
  • Options
    daegrosdaegros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ... First, you dont know what "pay to win" means....

Uh. 'Pay 2 Win' is tied to having items from RMT that are not obtainable via ingame methods. So the person you replied to WAS accurate. This game has 'Pay 4 Convenience', not 'Pay 2 Win'. Literally NOTHING you cannot get for real money that you can't get with Astrals. Why? Because of the Zen Market that does Astral->Zen and Zen->Astral conversions.

"But but but you can only refine so much astral a day!"
    - True, but this has nothing to do with Auctions. Which is where the real money comes from. It is stupid easy to a few Zen from even a low level dungeon run. With time and/or luck of drops, you'll get enough Zen to buy all the Wards you need.

I also enjoyed your comment on 'courtesy and respect', which follows with assumptions made to the previous posters play experience, calling them (indirectly) a newb, and a nice slight towards their parents and how you pity them. +1 for disguised insults.

edits: typo fix
  • Options
    muleskinnalumuleskinnalu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should add one more.... No boss mechanics and how every boss just throws out a non stop **** storm of adds. I could **** better mechanics.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    daegros wrote: »
    Uh. 'Pay 2 Win' is tied to having items from RMT that are not obtainable via ingame methods. So the person you replied to WAS accurate. This game has 'Pay 4 Convenience', not 'Pay 2 Win'. Literally NOTHING you cannot get for real money that you can't get with Astrals. Why? Because of the Zen Market that does Astral->Zen and Zen->Astral conversions.

"But but but you can only refine so much astral a day!"
    - True, but this has nothing to do with Auctions. Which is where the real money comes from. It is stupid easy to a few Zen from even a low level dungeon run. With time and/or luck of drops, you'll get enough Zen to buy all the Wards you need.

I also enjoyed your comment on 'courtesy and respect', which follows with assumptions made to the previous posters play experience, calling them (indirectly) a newb, and a nice slight towards their parents and how you pity them. +1 for disguised insults.

edits: typo fix

Well, lets just ignore your opinion about insult, because of course it is different from mine.

Better talk about the P2W.

"This game has 'Pay 4 Convenience', not 'Pay 2 Win'."

You must be joking. Two possibilities:

1 - You have not even reached the maximum level.
    2 - You are already at the maximum level, but completely unaware of the mechanics.

Lets talk about the rank 9 enchants. 3.000.000 astral diamonds.

Are Enchantments Cosmetics? No
    Enchantments give you advantages? Yea
    You can get it with cash? Yea

What is your problem? Is it really that hard to understand that they are selling POWER.
    OFC you can get astral diamonds playng. The problem is that you can get it WITHOUT PLAY. And astral diamonds BUY powerfull gear.

A good game NEVER sells POWER in CASH SHOP, STOP FOOLING YOURSELVES.

Pay to win is when you gain ADVANTAGES that hurt the BALANCE of the game by payng cash. Look at League of Legends, the most successful free to play game currently. They dont, and they never will, sell power.

If you have the slightest notion of economy in MMOs, you will understand how the current method destroys the balance and the economy of the game.

Why are you here? Your goal is to really improve the game? Pointing problems?
    What do you think is a forum?

Believe me, the way things are, this game will not have one year.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A good game NEVER sells POWER in CASH SHOP, STOP FOOLING YOURSELVES.

So obviously NWO is a good game and we shouldn't be worried :)
    Look at League of Legends, the most successful free to play game currently. They dont, and they never will, sell power.
    LoL is a cyber-sport, NWO is a PvE-centric game. Invalid comparison, try again.

P.S. LoL sells boosts which drastically increase your in-game currency generation for real cash. So, let's say, they don't sell AD but sell a boost that allows you to gain several times more AD as a non-paying player. P2W?
  • Options
    zdrahonulzdrahonul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do they level up, then? is there an option to "pay <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> USD and become level 60"?
  • Options
    sereenawindsereenawind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

REPUTATION SYSTEM

Best regards,

TrueWarlord.

Personally I'm against the PVP reputation system. I for one have NEVER liked PVP in ANY game that includes this one. I hate the very idea that I am forced to play PVP for reputation. Mayhaps set it up on the side quests rather than PVP. I am sure others feel the same way about PVP. Make it enjoyable for everyone. If not just questing than make questing an alternative way for reputation points!
    May the Good Lord keep you always in His Loving Arms
  • Options
    merrybellemerrybelle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you don't like the game allowing more convenience and advantages for paying players, then go play something else. This game is not a charity, despite being labelled free-to-play. If it didn't make money, it would close. You are not being forced to spend. You are not being forced to play, and don't be jealous of the paying players just because they have an easier time. Every person out there who is currently "paying to win" is making it possible for everyone to play. The more people who pay, the more content we will get. If you really like this game, don't cry foul when people pay, it's that simple. It may seem unfair to you, but life itself is rarely ever fair and you just have to make the best of it or quit.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I see, you want to turn this game into a grindy kitten that "makes people WORK" in order to play the game. Good one.
  • Options
    pestilence149pestilence149 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jinle0522 wrote: »
    Rare gear not rare is because people exploit bosses and kick boss adds off bridges/ledges whatever. Fix that and problem solved. Well maybe not because the damage is done already.

As much as exploiting bosses go I have no part in that, but when you say kicking adds off bridges and ledges you have to be joking, I have gotten knocked off the ledge by mobs countless times while doing instances from knock backs, getting juggled 3 times then poof off of the ledge, If they can throw me off, I better as heck better be able to throw off any old trash mob, If they cant be pushed then fair enough I will down it but when it comes to some boss fights, have you even seen the amount of adds that spawn? Some of the bosses would not even be killable by random pick-up-groups.

Edit ; Damage is done already? Do you even know what you are talking about, even the bosses are the absolute least of anyones worries, considering there has been two confirmed dupes I think no one is really concerned about pushing mobs off the ledge.
    Foundry Missions ;
    By ; @pestilence149
    Gladiators of Dhara (Easy) & (Hard)
    ELIGIBLE FOR THE DAILY FOUNDRY REWARDS!
    Search by Best : Name/Summary/Short-Code ; Gladiators
    NW-DJJS7OWZI (For easy)
    NW-DPT9I8RKF (For hard)

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome please enjoy!
  • Options
    onigerkoonigerko Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    So obviously NWO is a good game and we shouldn't be worried :)

LoL is a cyber-sport, NWO is a PvE-centric game. Invalid comparison, try again.

P.S. LoL sells boosts which drastically increase your in-game currency generation for real cash. So, let's say, they don't sell AD but sell a boost that allows you to gain several times more AD as a non-paying player. P2W?

The boosts dont offer any power whatsoever actually.

All the power you get, is from your skill. When i played a match, it wasnt about who had boosts it was pure skill [I was ranked 2000+ as well, though i dont play anymore]
  • Options
    klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    Who cares if it's Pay to win? Go play another game. No one is forcing you to play this one.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is P2W or Play2Win. If I play a ton of Epic dungeons and sell my hard earned loot for Astral Diamonds, then I can buy anything I want without paying a cent. Everything has a price in this game. It is just a matter of do you want to pay for it with time, money, or a combination of the two. No other MMO company that I know of allows players to get Cash Shop items for free.
  • Options
    mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swamprob wrote: »
    I do NOT think much of this idea. I am glad that ONE MMO finally doesn't force me to group up to acquire BIS gear. I swear it's like some developers think this is an MMO law that is cast in stone and can never be altered.

However, I would be happy to put more effort in. Give me loooooong chain quests that I can solo with my companion as an alternative to grouping.

I discused this point with some friends. We all agreed in one point. If you play most time solo, you are not used to teamplaying. This will lead to two points:

1. You really suck personally in group playing. You are simply not used to it. And if you press need at every item, you will be kicked out of the group directly before the end chest.

2. Your char skills are not made for teamplaying. That is ok, because you have built your character with soloplaying in mind. But it hinders your success in group activities.They simply await some skills, that you do not have in your built. As example: Who needs aggro management, if he plays alone?

So "forcing" teamplay in a MMO is normal. otherwise you can play any singleplayergame. It's pointless to solo all the way in a mmo.

And yes, this game is far too easy. And you level way too fast. with his speed, you are "through" in under one week with this game. After that, many player say goodbye. For a MMO with is a very bad thing, if people get bored very fast.

The way should be the goal.

To add to this problem, you have a crafting system, that works in forced slow motion. You will be level 60, before you even can craft anything.