test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Slap In The Face...

nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm sorry, I feel like I have been patient but after seeing the new companions released I just really feel like this is a slap in the face..

I mean come on....their is stuff that is bad bad broken with this game. Core stuff that is not even functioning correctly...but you guys want to release new companions.

If anything...this really shows where their priorities are......sadly no where near the right place. I'm kinda losing faith in this game...which really sucks because I like it...god **** developers..continually fcking up games that have huge potential.
Post edited by nymesis92 on

Comments

• Options
    nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    starbigamo wrote: »
    agree... its sad... fix the broken "old" ones? "NO, lets just release MOAR things".

Yeh for real. But even then...like companions would be dead last on my list of things to fix with how the game stands right now.
  • Options
    xelqyplaxelqypla Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Different people in a company work on different things. I doubt the dude who models companions will be of much help trying to figure out which part of the game code is causing a bug.
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You're failing to understand something. There are different departments.
    1. works on creating new pets
    2. works on balancing existing features
    3. works on fixing errant bugs

You can't ask someone to work outside of their area of expertise. If you needed open heart surgery and the doctors were busy, you wouldn't tell the janitor "Well you work here so fix it!"
  • Options
    akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Money generating things take priority. You should realize this by now.
  • Options
    pestilence149pestilence149 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No joke, how about you mention the amount of guilds that have got banned for just running Castle Never, I got IP Banned even so I wasnt able to post on forums yesterday, their are a ton of people who have posted on Reddit for being wrongfully banned and still haven't even recieved any notification as to why they were banned and no response from ANYONE, now think about if you want to stick around with a game like that who wont even listen to their paying customers. LoL
    Foundry Missions ;
    By ; @pestilence149
    Gladiators of Dhara (Easy) & (Hard)
    ELIGIBLE FOR THE DAILY FOUNDRY REWARDS!
    Search by Best : Name/Summary/Short-Code ; Gladiators
    NW-DJJS7OWZI (For easy)
    NW-DPT9I8RKF (For hard)

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome please enjoy!
  • Options
    grinningsphinxgrinningsphinx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What a worthless companion....."Controller" type, yet 2 single target strikes? And garbage ones at that?? Seriously, who is the QC on the pets??????????????
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm... this companion was available during the beta weekends. All they did was reactivate it on the zen store. Probably took one person about 5 minutes.

/thread
  • Options
    pestilence149pestilence149 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How about you tell some of those Companion Model Makers to go start picking up some god da.mn phones or start replying to some emails cause this is a joke, GET SOME CUSTOMER SERVICE AND A TELEPHONE NUMBER WE CAN REACH YOU BY.
    Foundry Missions ;
    By ; @pestilence149
    Gladiators of Dhara (Easy) & (Hard)
    ELIGIBLE FOR THE DAILY FOUNDRY REWARDS!
    Search by Best : Name/Summary/Short-Code ; Gladiators
    NW-DJJS7OWZI (For easy)
    NW-DPT9I8RKF (For hard)

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome please enjoy!
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It never fails. "Slap in the face" is a 100% indicator for "Danger! Hyperbole ahead!"
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    grinningsphinxgrinningsphinx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »

You can't ask someone to work outside of their area of expertise. If you needed open heart surgery and the doctors were busy, you wouldn't tell the janitor "Well you work here so fix it!"

Uhh...no.. Smartly run companies put $$$ where the squeaky wheels are. If my **** was messed up BADLY in one area, I would lay off some artists(with every intention of bringing them back) and hire more programmers.
  • Options
    ishonbuishonbu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *slaps this thread in the face with a herring and prances about*
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Uhh...no.. Smartly run companies put $$$ where the squeaky wheels are. If my **** was messed up BADLY in one area, I would lay off some artists(with every intention of bringing them back) and hire more programmers.
    Throwing more people into the mix wouldn't help. They have NO experience or knowledge of how the system is run or programmed. It'd take WEEKS to fully train them and have them working to capacity.
    Which in turn would slow down OTHER areas of the company and result in an overall loss of money.

People need to just be ****ing patient and realize that it's being worked on.
  • Options
    regnorvexregnorvex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    You're failing to understand something.

No, you are failing to understand something. It's true, different folks work on different things. But any addition to the code will always have the potential to add new problems and must be tested thoroughly before being released. By releasing new features while there are known features that are very broken, you further complicate your ability to address the broken things. You can do it, but it's a very risky prospect from a number of standpoints:

1) Depending on the nature of the new feature, can complicate isolation of the known issues;
    2) REALLY, REALLY bad PR.

On the flip side, it has the potential to bring in revenue, which might be a problem if they are losing customers and maybe rises in priority accordingly. Still, it's a proper subject of concern in the forums.
    "Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do not think it takes a good programmer to add companions . More likely an intern after the art department makes the graphics . That being said , I would rather have them work out how to add them NOW when the game is still new then later when everyone will expect everything to work . Games have bugs and exploits , will be a group of programmers that will always be working on them . Different groups will be in charge of new content and other task such as adding fluff . You cannot just grab someone from a different department and force them to instantly work in another .

I like the spider , and I really like the bear they added last time . Since none of the exploits really effected me , I see no reason why they can not be adding new stuff for those of use enjoying the game and not trying to grind items in dungeons . I have run a ton of foundry stuff , but very few dungeons .
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    All i'm saying is....if they let these REAL problems linger to long....people will leave and completely forget about this game and remember it for "the game that could have been".
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    regnorvex wrote: »
    No, you are failing to understand something. It's true, different folks work on different things. But any addition to the code will always have the potential to add new problems and must be tested thoroughly before being released. By releasing new features while there are known features that are very broken, you further complicate your ability to address the broken things. You can do it, but it's a very risky prospect from a number of standpoints:

1) Depending on the nature of the new feature, can complicate isolation of the known issues;
    2) REALLY, REALLY bad PR.

On the flip side, it has the potential to bring in revenue, which might be a problem if they are losing customers and maybe rises in priority accordingly. Still, it's a proper subject of concern in the forums.

"Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science"?

ITT: A white knight being white knighted? What is this, I don't even...
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually the never-guard and the spider were functioning and available in the beta weekends
    they disabled quite a few of the z-store items when the open beta started and have been kinda
    trickling them back in slowly, I'm looking forward to the ghost pet returning

Basically they aren't creating ANYTHING new they are just flipping the on button for things that
    were already finished while they work on fixing bugs/exploits so we can be amused by new(to us)
    toys and features. Never assume that a new feature being released takes any time away from the
    feature you want. typically the thing that takes time away from the feature you want is them
    removing "bugs" that let people sneak past bosses, lowering treasure spawns, reducing exp gain
    . and nerfing whatever your favorite class is.

Whatever it is you want added is probably already done and just not active yet.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Umm... this companion was available during the beta weekends. All they did was reactivate it on the zen store. Probably took one person about 5 minutes.

/thread
    Ahahahaha win.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This, plus, the spider was in closed beta already if i remember right, and was basically "done" all this time. It was just released now, not them spending time on it. It's actually funny that people are raging about this. Either clueless, trolls or just brain dead.
  • Options
    kebabsoupkebabsoup Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *sigh*

probably the people whose job is to fix things are not the same people than those who are hired to release new content. Or maybe you're thinking that only one guy coded the whole game and translated it in 10 different languages.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    This, plus, the spider was in closed beta already if i remember right, and was basically "done" all this time. It was just released now, not them spending time on it. It's actually funny that people are raging about this. Either clueless, trolls or just brain dead.

Strongly leaning towards this.
  • Options
    futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »

/thread
    5 minutes that could have been spent fixing the whole game omg rabble rabble rabble!
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kebabsoup wrote: »
    probably the people whose job is to fix things are not the same people than those who are hired to release new content. Or maybe you're thinking that only one guy coded the whole game and translated it in 10 different languages.

He is also the one answering the support tickets and handling GM tasks in-game. That's the most interesting game dev in the world.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    linadriellinadriel Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have 2 accounts that are banned and it really seems like I'm black listed or something. I'm not getting any replies as to how long the ban will last (the only thing they ever said was "suspended until further notice" until they reviewed it etc.)
    That was 6 days ago

Sorry, but they just don't care.
    Unfinished game that CLEARY should have had a PROPER open beta with fixing everything, letting people find and submit exploits and then a full wipe to have a really great MMO.

Instead it's one exploit after the other, most people are not even aware of 1 or 2 exploits popping up every week, most of which work since CLOSED BETA, because they where not fixed even though people reported them multiple times.

Add to that the completely silent "customer support" who will basically tell you "that's how it is and it will remain that way until we change our minds and well maybe we'll even tell you about it"

I even opened a German Ticket to maybe get through there. Didn't work either.

Even when asking about a billing specific problem and how to fix it to get my old account back. NOTHING. I mean I would be willing to shell out 100+ bucks again to get my old account back and I get no response?

It's pretty clear you do not value a good product.
    You don't value your costumers
    OR even their money.

So what exactly is it you wanna accomplish as a company? Getting bad ratings and lawsuits?
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about you tell some of those Companion Model Makers to go start picking up some god da.mn phones or start replying to some emails cause this is a joke, GET SOME CUSTOMER SERVICE AND A TELEPHONE NUMBER WE CAN REACH YOU BY.

i have had no problem reaching them by telephone...1-650-590-7700 press 0 and leave a message they called me back with in 2 hours.
  • Options
    linadriellinadriel Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    i have had no problem reaching them by telephone...1-650-590-7700 press 0 and leave a message they called me back with in 2 hours.

Good for you. Calling that hotline BASED IN AMERICA seems to work out for you.

I live in Europe. I await your next bright idea.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Shut the **** up and quit your *****ing.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This thread is a SLAP IN THE FACE.

I am not sure why people keep complaining about zen shop items other than some sort of entitled rage. It obviously doesn't take coding skill to create new items. Plus the fact that this isn't even a "new" item as it was available previously. I would imagine they have a whole boatload of items ALREADY MADE that they will simply activate or whatever it is they do to make them available as the months go by.
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Just my two cents here but, as an artist...if someone hired me to model, then suddenly threw me on a phone and told me to do CS I'd tell them where they could stick their job and go find another company who'd let me do what they hired me for in the first place....

...just sayin'