test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BOTS rampage...

2»

Comments

• lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it yours? I've been playing Everquest since launch in 99 kiddo!

All those programs you SEE ADVERTIZED are not real. The real ones are passed around and sold in private. It's blatantly obvious.

Your referring to Macroquest, which is rampant in Everquest and the program is passed around publicly.
    Any dolt who knows how to compile can get it for free.

These bot programs are real, ran into a team this morning @nwfan(insert random numbers here)
    All 5 of them, 4 matches in a row...

Botting is VERY out of control.
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Weird powers hitting you at the campfire when you spawn, what do you think it is?
    Tell me what you think a bot is...
  • azzanhurazzanhur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Weird powers hitting you at the campfire when you spawn, what do you think it is?

It's a bug from GWF.. when you die at the moment he uses that skill (I forgot about the name) that show like 3 GWF's jumping onto you, smacking you to the ground, then you'll se that anmiation everytime you mount or respawn. Has been reported the first day. Not fixed yet. But they sent me an email, if the problem still persists, please open the ticket again.. :D
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tell me what you think a bot is...

Probably something like this I'd guess:
    http://www.macrogoblin.com/neverwinter_bot.aspx?gclid=CLGLgqbiubcCFZQZtAodQSoAjQ
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • rodpalrodpal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyaise wrote: »
    Probably something like this I'd guess:
    http:link

I would probably remove that link... does more harm than good -.-
  • bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    xenobius wrote: »
    Solid enough, I guess.
    Couldn't kick them (enemy team) but yeah, totally "not bots".

Pic here

Totally not bots :P

I've been in any number of matches where two "players" kamikazed while running the exact same pre-determined route, stopped at exactly the same point to auto-attack and so on.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• lotsofletterslotsofletters Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've seen cleric bots that run to the same exact spot on the map, then engage in battle. Others just stand at the campfire and occasionally jump to avoid being afk kicked.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rodpal wrote: »
    I would probably remove that link... does more harm than good -.-

After following the post and deciding to answer the question, that was found by simply googling "neverwinter bot" I know - rocket science isn't it?
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I went from 10-60 in pvp, if it isn't bots, it's afk farmers (can't even kick them, when they are the leader) I have never been the leader of a single pvp game, any reason why that is?
    Pvp has no meaning in this game.
    You have no DR's (diminishing returns incase PW don't know what that means) gear is pointless, as having T2 pve and above, makes a huge diff to those in just pvp gear (who would have thought, pve gear better for pvp than pvp gear)
    No T3 pvp gear obtainable (why you couldn't make it bop and stats differ for pvp-pve like most other games do is anyone's guess)
    No tables, no competitions, no nothing.
    It's all about pay to win (you buy the zen. You transfer the zen to AD which you buy the gear from the AH with) no skill at all or hard work to get decent gear, since nothing is bop.
    Seriously, after all games before you, whether your main focus is pve or not, pvp is disgusting the lack of attention.
    All you care about is the immediate financial gain and don't seem to even care about the possibilities of the longer term, or you wouldn't be doing what you are.
  • klipstaklipsta Member Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    What? F2P Games have lots of bots? Who would have guessed that?!
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    then, there are bots that post on game forums, claiming there is no such things as bots.
  • revaer1revaer1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Stop calling everything bots. Just cause they don't answer back doesn't mean they are a bot. Just cause they do something weird doesn't mean they are a bot. They are probably just doing that so they are not considered afk
    Today I saw 2 cws walking in perfect synchronization one right behind the other at all times using the same skills and at wills at the same time, so there are defiantly bots.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    revaer1 wrote: »
    Today I saw 2 cws walking in perfect synchronization one right behind the other at all times using the same skills and at wills at the same time, so there are defiantly bots.

or someone 2boxing
    why you would 2box 2 wiz idk
    I would do rog/clr myself
    or wiz/clr
  • rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol to those who try to claim there are no bots, I have some bad news for you also.
    The world isn't flat.
  • iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a pvp where there was one human per side- we literally sat back and watched the 8 bots duke it out in the middle the whole game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • revaer1revaer1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    or someone 2boxing
    why you would 2box 2 wiz idk
    I would do rog/clr myself
    or wiz/clr
    The problem with it being 2 boxing is they would still have to switch between the games to use the skills but they were in perfect sync moving the same way at the same time and doing the same thing at the same time, have never heard of that in 2 boxing unless its with bots.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /follow software is very simple and is not bots
  • gbf360gbf360 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tried 4 pvp matches yesterdy and they all had bots. Started seeing it in dungeons now as well.

In pvp a lot of cw and clerics are running into melee range and auto attacking. They do this over and over. Never using dodges or abilties in any sort of sensible way.

In dungeons they are attaching themselves to the nearest player and following the player until combat where they move into melee range again and spam auto attack. You can tell because once one is attached it will stick with you even if you stand still while the rest of the group moves ahead. Then when you move it basically follows you right up your backside.

All social features of this game have become toxic. I dont know what the answer is but something needs to be done. Hopefully when rift goes f2p some of the botters/afk/ninja/exploiters etc will move on to the next popular thing.
  • rodpalrodpal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a pvp where there was one human per side- we literally sat back and watched the 8 bots duke it out in the middle the whole game.

Did you make bets? :D

On a serious note, i been close to that today -.-
  • advocadvoc Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Saw 2 bot rogues that were real obvious. They both moved together, they both used exact same skill combos, both would stand around when no one was there, both would stand there when dazed while getting beat up and not even kite, both had max distance from obelisk and would break away together at same spot, etc. It was funny the first few times when you learned their limits and abused it to beat the ever living heck out of them. But then you run into full bot squads and such, and it's just not entertaining when there is no variation in what you fight, or how you need to beat them.
  • yoshoverseyoshoverse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm leveling mostly through pvp and literally every domination i join, has at least one bot per side.
    i don't mind it as as much as the bug where you don't join the map and teams end up 4v5 or even 3v5.
    i hit the 50s with my cleric now and it takes forever to level.
    i also came to the conclusion that human characters are the best (+3 feats are awesome) so i'd like to level another cw.
    with all these things in mind i'd say: bring foundry leveling back, most bots would be there and not destroying countless pvp matches.
    as someone who despises leveling in mmos, i found foundry leveling incredible and don't really see why it was removed but that is for another thread.
    i haven't played my level 60 wizard in a few days so i can't tell if pvp botting is as rampant on max level but for the lower levels i don't care very much about it at all.
    in fact i hate leveling so much that, if i found a gratis leveling bot, i'd probably employ it myself, mmos begin at max level anyway.
  • scorgescorge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    its BETA Bug it.
  • mechjockeymechjockey Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    revaer1 wrote: »
    The problem with it being 2 boxing is they would still have to switch between the games to use the skills but they were in perfect sync moving the same way at the same time and doing the same thing at the same time, have never heard of that in 2 boxing unless its with bots.

They were likely using a keystroke replicatoor.