test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Purchased Zen, Purchased Rename Token -- No Rename Token

lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I recently purchased Zen to buy a rename token for one of my characters, and when I went to rename her - there was no token, only a notification that to do so would cost 400 Zen. Please fix this - some of us don't have excessive amounts of money to spend on this game, we have to save up for certain things before we can buy them. Thank you.
Post edited by lakesidemaiden on

Comments

• Options
    orianthi4orianthi4 Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2013
    Hmm as with most things in this game alot are very badly tool tipped.
    Did you purchase the token while loged in on the character you wish to rename ? that could be one reason. i think you will find you have to purchase the token on the character you wish to re name.
    Although it does not say anything in the Zen store at how this token works, which is very bad and very misleadin, as most would presume that you could alocate the token to which character you wish to rename after you purchase it, this however is not possible and most have found this out the hard way.

Biggest advise i can give you is fully check up on EVERYTHING and how everything works before parting with cash. most things do not do or work like you would expect or are led to believe them to.

One i found was the Change Appearance Token, which is very misleading and no were does it say you can not change gender, it does say you can change 'everything' on you character creation page though. this was clearly stated on Neverwinter Wiki, which as now been recently changed to :

With this token you will be able to change the appearance of your character. Everything you can customize when creating a character, can be done here as well. You cannot change your race or class with this token.

Which is abit more to the truth as you can ONLY chnage the 'customised' parts of you character ie: hair colour, style, body shape, but still does not say Gender anywere and clearly does say you can not change race or class, which misleadingly leads to most presuming everything else could be changed

Also in the Zen store it does not say anywere these tokens are Character bound on purchase. most would however presume they are a account wide token, again very misleading and i know as caught alot of people out into buying these on the wrong character as it does not state character bound on purchase
  • Options
    lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I definitely purchased it with the character I wanted to change the name on. I purchased it through the zen store, on that particular character. There is no actual "token" given. I assume it's like the Respec tokens where it shows up as usable on the Powers Tab (lower left-hand corner), only it would show up as usable on the History Tab (lower left-hand corner).

Love your username, btw - Orianthi is an awesome guitarist! :D
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What I read about these is you should now have the option to rename your character available from the character list prior to logging in. See if that works.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    When you purchase a rename - your ACCOUNT receives a "token" - meaning it is flagged that you are allowed one rename (for each token you've purchased).

LOG OUT OF THE GAME (Change Character).
    At the CHARACTER SELECTION SCREEN - you should now see a "RENAME" on the right-hand side of each character name in the list. Click it on the character you want to rename.

Character renames happen at the Character Selection screen, not in-game.