test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BOTS rampage...

rodpalrodpal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok...pretty simple, 5 games and at least in everyone of those games there were 2 or more bots...at one point 5 bots total between my team and the opposing team.

now you may ask...how does he know?

Mechanic behavior, no reply whatsoever, strange use of abilities , mechanic motion or no motion at all when there are no targets about...you name it and they do it.

This is getting out of control.

Today i started kicking players when i had leadership and when i notice such behavior, and after some insistence when they didn't reply any comment directed at them.

Worse of all is that this was happening before this past week, but its getting worse to the point i believe that soon it will be Bots vs Bots games (not kidding).

Whats your opinion, and if possible is there any info a moderator can give on this issue?

Thank you and best regards.
Post edited by rodpal on

Comments

• Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have noticed a dramatic increase this week. I've been in several matches with bots also. Its annoying.
  • Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    PvP is a joke. Focus on PvE for now is my suggestion or you will end up pulling your hair out.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop calling everything bots. Just cause they don't answer back doesn't mean they are a bot. Just cause they do something weird doesn't mean they are a bot. They are probably just doing that so they are not considered afk
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Stop calling everything bots. Just cause they don't answer back doesn't mean they are a bot. Just cause they do something weird doesn't mean they are a bot. They are probably just doing that so they are not considered afk

If you cant distinguish a BOT in an MMO then you haven't played enough MMOS...

And using the mighty powers of google it wasn't hard to find in just 2 minutes a series of BOT program for sale and publicized in youtube just for this game.

And the afk argument is a no comment...
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Remove glory on loss and then we can have a true battle-of-the-bots........
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rodpal wrote: »

And using the mighty powers of google it wasn't hard to find in just 2 minutes a series of BOT program for sale and publicized in youtube just for this game.

>he thinks bot programs advertised on Youtube are real
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rodpal wrote: »

Buddy I have been playing MMOs since 2000. Unless you have concrete proof that it is a bot you don't go around claiming they are.
  • Options
    xenobiusxenobius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Buddy I have been playing MMOs since 2000. Unless you have concrete proof that it is a bot you don't go around claiming they are.

Solid enough, I guess.
    Couldn't kick them (enemy team) but yeah, totally "not bots".

Pic here
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You're joking around right? A player isn't AFK unless they are Away From Keys which means they aren't there to move around and use powers. If they are moving around using powers they are either a player or a bot, not AFK.

If a character is running against walls and using random abilities for no reason that means it's a bot. If a person is just standing still doing nothing, then the player is simply AFK. If a character is running around throwing powers ineffectually but is still trying to kill the enemy and capture points, that's not a bot just a poor player.

There's a difference between poor player and a bot, and it's pretty easy to tell which is a bot.

I've encountered bots that just stay at the spawn point without moving using random powers, and bots that will make small movements while using random powers. In one game two characters from the same guild jumped down and engaged the enemy briefly until they were killed and from then on did the standing still while randomly using powers at the spawn point.

Those are all bots.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So they didn't do anything against your team. Not a big deal cause they were just there for the glory and as for their @handle. I could go make an account with just a bunch of letters and/or numbers. Doesn't mean I am a bot.
  • Options
    cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Just go to the World Wide Web and look at how many scripts are out there for you to use to bot if you want. All games have been like this for over the past year. Not that who he says was or was not botting but it sure isn't hard to get yourself a script to run to bot in this game as any other game with no mechanics to prevent such botting.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kalizaar wrote: »
    If a character is running against walls and using random abilities for no reason that means it's a bot.

All that could mean is they are doing something else and just hitting random keys
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xenobius wrote: »
    Solid enough, I guess.
    Couldn't kick them (enemy team) but yeah, totally "not bots".

Pic here

:D Thank you
  • Options
    homero2009homero2009 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    During PvP bonus people just semi-afk at camps spamming random skills to lose faster than trying and losing. That is not bots, it's simple poor attitude and laziness.
  • Options
    kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All that could mean is they are doing something else and just hitting random keys

>.<

ohhhhhhh, I see what's going on here now. Whew, was starting to wonder how someone could be so dense.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I find it funny how some replies show that they didn't even read the topic.

edit and on another note:
    +1 Kalizaar :D
  • Options
    tjockustjockus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    >he thinks bot programs advertised on Youtube are real
    Still there are several bot-tools none the less... Just stop beeing a smart *** and use google for yourself and stop looknig stupid...
  • Options
    azzanhurazzanhur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no bots in this game!

:cool:

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3249/pvpbots.png

Oh wait..
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tjockus wrote: »
    Still there are several bot-tools none the less... Just stop beeing a smart *** and use google for yourself and stop looknig stupid...

Protip: most advertizements for bot programs for popular MMOs are fake phishing/key logging tools. It's why so many account for this game have been "hacked".
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So...what is the purpose of bots in a match? Are they just there to fill out a team or is someone still trying for the "afk" exploit on a lower level?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    clannamuir wrote: »
    So...what is the purpose of bots in a match? Are they just there to fill out a team or is someone still trying for the "afk" exploit on a lower level?

Grind glory, sell gear on AH, profit.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Protip: most advertizements for bot programs for popular MMOs are fake phishing/key logging tools. It's why so many account for this game have been "hacked".

Yeah... First MMO?

The botting-buissnes is huge and well used by many. But keep deny their existance and they might go away... Or are they?
  • Options
    quietqquietq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bot or no Bot i don't care anymore. I look at it this way if you want to get something for nothing at my expense, ie Glory Points then you are a pariah as far as I am concerned. If you go afk then you should have enough respect for the other players to leave the match. If you do not actively participate and try to assist your team and score 0 points then you should not be awarded any Glory at all. If you log in and do not move out of the spawn area. You should receive a temp ban from joining any other PVP match for 12 hours first offense, 24 hours second offense , 48 hours on third offense and One week after that. For those of you who keep saying "how do you know they are bots?" Stop making excuses for people who abuse a system for any reason;purposely or not. By signing up to play pvp it requires that you as a player must que for it. It is an implied contract to the other players that you will at the very least give it your best try. I am not asking that you be an amazing PVP player, I am asking that you do not waste my time by not participating.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tjockus wrote: »
    Yeah... First MMO?

The botting-buissnes is huge and well used by many. But keep deny their existance and they might go away... Or are they?

Is it yours? I've been playing Everquest since launch in 99 kiddo!

All those programs you SEE ADVERTIZED are not real. The real ones are passed around and sold in private. It's blatantly obvious.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is it yours? I've been playing Everquest since launch in 99 kiddo!

All those programs you SEE ADVERTIZED are not real. The real ones are passed around and sold in private. It's blatantly obvious.

You can try to kiddo me all you want. There are still several bots out there. Some sure are private and some that are WIEDLY spread and USED in THIS game are sold as subscriptionbased bots. Use google and stop beeing a smartass, again...
  • Options
    trebarrunatrebarruna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some days ago I decided to start another character, and then decided to start doing pvp... and I have seen quite some BOT activity lately. I remember when we had the AFK issue in pvp, which was fixed some patches ago... but now to bypass the inactivity issue and therefore to avoid the AFK penalty some are using these programs in pvp. TBH I haven't noticed it in the lvl 60 domination games, but in the lower ranks I have. And yes... they do exist. Took me a while to tell the difference between a BOT and a player (who could be probably tired, bored or just hitting random keys)... but yeah. It is starting to become an issue and I hope that soon this can be fixed by the developers, since it tends to ruin the fun for players.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    quietq wrote: »
    Bot or no Bot i don't care anymore. I look at it this way if you want to get something for nothing at my expense, ie Glory Points then you are a pariah as far as I am concerned. If you go afk then you should have enough respect for the other players to leave the match. If you do not actively participate and try to assist your team and score 0 points then you should not be awarded any Glory at all. If you log in and do not move out of the spawn area. You should receive a temp ban from joining any other PVP match for 12 hours first offense, 24 hours second offense , 48 hours on third offense and One week after that. For those of you who keep saying "how do you know they are bots?" Stop making excuses for people who abuse a system for any reason;purposely or not. By signing up to play pvp it requires that you as a player must que for it. It is an implied contract to the other players that you will at the very least give it your best try. I am not asking that you be an amazing PVP player, I am asking that you do not waste my time by not participating.

Well said.
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's a sad fact, but the only way to stop this kind of thing is to either entirely remove rewards for the losers of the PVP match, or have the rewards match the contributions of each player in PvP. I imagine that bots don't contribute much... they won't play the game as well as even the worst player in the lot so their rewards will be little if at all. Just my two coppers on the subject anyway.
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    azzanhurazzanhur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These bots do farm glory and astral diamonds.

You can visit the "companies" pages to check what they are doing. Using multiboxing software combined with bots = bazillion of profit. A guy showed his desktop, while running all the stuff and he had [insert H I T S in correct order]-loads of diamonds and glory. bots run 24/7 while he is selling his stuff for $ C $ A $ S $ H $
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Weird powers hitting you at the campfire when you spawn, what do you think it is?