test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The True State of the Game

Comments

• Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    I remember getting to the epic levels in D&D (which is 20) took months and months of gameplay not mere 3-5 days. Plus a max level 20 epic character in D&D is almost a demi-god but Neverwinter definitely don't feel that way.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is great.

The community needs to shape up a bit.

PW can do a few things like disallow kicking from party when in a dungeon, and disallowing everyone to roll need on every single loot drop, but they really cant code their game to stop people from acting like a bunch of 12 year olds cheating every which way they can until they get caught, then complaining about the penalty for getting caught ad nauseum.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    Good lord man who in their right mind would read all of that!?!?!?

You realize anyone under 30 has the attention span of a chicken right?

STATE OF THE GAME

1) It's Free

2) It's Awesome

3) It's Free & Awesome.

Being free is not an excuse for bad game design.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Being free is not an excuse for bad game design.

I am not seeing a bad game design.

I log in, I play, I have fun. Aren't games designed for entertainment? I am quite entertained.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »

I log in, I play, I have fun. Aren't games designed for entertainment? I am quite entertained.

Look at the list.. there's plenty of list in the forums outlining all the details on what is wrong with the game.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look at the list.. there's plenty of list in the forums outlining all the details on what is wrong with the game.

There are plenty of things wrong with the game. Doesn't mean it's a bad design. It is a great foundation with limitless potential. Sure there are bugs to fix and systems to improve, it is still a very fun game.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Bingo!

Unfortunately this is a case of YMMV and the people who hate it the most are the most vocal on the forums.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Yet you would be hard pressed to find anything about what is right with this game on these forums.

Could things be better, different, changed, added, tweaked, made more gooder? Uhhh.....Duh! Yah!

Is there a single thing on that list keeping anyone from logging in and enjoying the game? No...no there is not.
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    The game is great.

The community needs to shape up a bit.

PW can do a few things like disallow kicking from party when in a dungeon, and disallowing everyone to roll need on every single loot drop, but they really cant code their game to stop people from acting like a bunch of 12 year olds cheating every which way they can until they get caught, then complaining about the penalty for getting caught ad nauseum.

What they need is a timer to leave the dungeon. Then, add in loot rolls even after you get kicked out of the party, but before leaving the dungeon. The dungeon timer should be a little longer than the loot timer. That way, if you get kicked out of the party so the leader can be a greedy bastad, you can still loot the bag.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still enjoying the game...
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013

STATE OF THE GAME

1) It's Free

2) It's Awesome

3) It's Free & Awesome.

Where and when were they giving out free copies of the game client?

Da da da derpage. derpy. derp-o-rama.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    I'm still enjoying the game...

This is promising.. If people are still enjoying this then Wildstar and ESO are going to be OFF THA CHAIN... I can't wait!!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    one major issue is .. too easy to level up .... D&D is all about the journey ... not what's at the end of the journey. Don't follow the World of Warcraft design.
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is promising.. If people are still enjoying this then Wildstar and ESO are going to be OFF THA CHAIN... I can't wait!!!!!

Civ V Brave New World expansion in July.

*ducks*
  • Options
    garriusdetylmargarriusdetylmar Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are plenty of things wrong with the game. Doesn't mean it's a bad design. It is a great foundation with limitless potential. Sure there are bugs to fix and systems to improve, it is still a very fun game.
    See, I actually agree with you, that's why I'm so mad. This game, unlike a lot of MMO's and LIKE a lot of Perfect World's other games, has a TREMENDOUS amount of potential! I'm just starting to think Cryptic literally doesn't have the talent to pull off a decent game. But as I said, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because they have practically limitless lore to draw on, thousands of pages of potential gameplay ideas, and a ravenous, built-in fan base. They should fire the people at the top and hire some folks that want to make good games instead of profitable ones, they might learn what the producers of Eve Online learned: if you make a good game, people will pay for it. You don't have to trick us, we WANT to play a D&D game! We WANT Neverwinter to be a good game so we can feel good about spending money on it....but I think I speak for a lot of players when I say we were mislead as to the depth of this world thus far.
    There is always another dawn.
    garriussig21_zpsyovrkgyj.png
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If only the OP could have communicated that list like a grown up instead of a mcspazitron. Seriously juvenile rants are boring and non-productive. If you can't be serious enough to communicate properly then no one who can do anything will take the complaints seriously. Overstating the case and being rude doesn't do anything to help the cause.
  • Options
    cubansyruscubansyrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17
    edited May 2013
    The game is literally boring the OP is correct, this game is lucky to even get me to log in 2 days out of 7 to do 4 matches of pvp.

This is just Raiderz repackaged

Sell stuff to you, then drop it just like they did that.

This game will be as empty as that is in 6 months .... there is no content beyond the 1-60 quests just pvp, crafting and afk-ing.

Dungeons are a fail because there is no incentive to get good at them so people leave after 1-2 deaths, i rem games where i would repeatedly die for a few hours to get the run right
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Civ V Brave New World expansion in July.

*ducks*

ZOMG I didn't even know... I'm totally ready for more Civ 5 content... perfect timing too, will help bridge the gap between now and Wildstar. I can count the hours of online gameplay I've had in that game over the last 2+ years and still haven't cracked $100 spent.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's D&D there's literally 30+ years worth of lore and stories to tell. Unfortunately what i noticed at endgame, Monsters just literally spawn dozens and dozens of adds to make the fight difficult. Almost all their abilities in the Monster Manually literally aren't even being used. I don't understand if it's a limitation of the game engine or what (like you can only limit monster to just use 2-3 abilities). What makes monsters challenging is their unique abilities that makes them unique and a pleasure to defeat but if all you see are 1-2 abilities (they use over and over again) then they spawn 100000 billion adds to swarm you and call that challenging then it is a huge disappointment.
  • Options
    screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ZOMG I didn't even know... I'm totally ready for more Civ 5 content... perfect timing too, will help bridge the gap between now and Wildstar. I can count the hours of online gameplay I've had in that game over the last 2+ years and still haven't cracked $100 spent.

1000+ hours for me lol. Add the time I spent on XCOM (would have to look that up) and Firaxis is my favorite AAA dev at the moment by far. :)

(sorry for the OT)

To the topic, I'll just say it's a mixed bag for me. I don't really like MMO's, so probably not the best person to ask. The graphics are nice, combat smooth but shallow, typical MMO faire with an in game economy etc which I hate... but they have some good ideas that makes the game different than others in the genre- especially the Foundry. And THIS is where the game will sink or swim (for me). My decision on continuing to play will lie solely on what they decide to do with it.
  • Options
    iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mostly agreed, except for the too easy to level part.

If you power level of course you'll level fast- try taking your time. Level through skirmishes, foundry and dungeon delves- it'll take you ten times longer. You're the one choosing to take the absolute fastest path to level 60, then complain that you've taken the fastest route.

I might be ok with it taking longer to level through questing... if even at the speed you level, you didn't go through all the quests- my first 60, I was able to do every quest except for those in the underdark and mount hotenow before I hit 60. If you halved xp, fact is- you'd run out of quests constantly, and for those of us who like alts or don't want a slow levelling process, it'd become painful.

If they want to make levelling slower in questing, they'd have to- boost skirmish/dungeon xp considerably, make foundry give xp at a good rate (give every enemy a ranged attack, and make enemies in foundry give no xp if you knock them off a cliff and immediately you'd take care of two of the biggest exploits- 50 ogres throwing a giant axe at you all at the same time would be GG).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where and when were they giving out free copies of the game client?

Da da da derpage. derpy. derp-o-rama.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/download

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    triggermentriggermen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /but +++ Hope someone read this!!
  • Options
    budhablessembudhablessem Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

STATE OF THE GAME

1) It's Free

2) It's Awesome

3) It's Free & Awesome.

yeah your avatar tells me all i need to know about you and your opinions. go fanboi troll one of your other million threads. nuff said.

OP is 100% correct.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hmmmm thread moved to a less active part of the forums? Touche, Cryptic, touche.
  • Options
    cerebral79cerebral79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    loving the game but...

TR should NOT be able to 1 or 2 shot an equally geared and level tank.

The dungeon finder and pvp matchmaking should actually find the appropriate classes for these groups.

ok ok i also agree that the AH should have a working sort function (even though you can sort just fine using the gateway).

there needs to be a vote kick for afk pvpers.

and for me a very important thing is some sort of pvp progression, rewards, etc.

The good thing is most of the things i have issue with are going to be fixed and since i actually have friends that play with me i see no problem with having lots to do at 60.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I will make a similar post tomorrow about everything I love about the game. Thanks everyone for your feedback!
  • Options
    maxwelsilvermaxwelsilver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Well, Cryptic found it's niche once again, and is hoarding cash as fast as they can before ESO or ArcheAge comes out so I expect little change or fixes. Everyone knows there is a huge D&D stereotype market out there that misguided game developer companies have yet to please or not totally tick-off. To Cryptic's credit, they at least made a vain attempt to complete this game before wrapping it around a Zen market, and billing it as "open beta" to remove the liability of losing people's real money. (which I'm sure some slick executive or attorney came up with) Unfortunately their content is so lacking, and what is there is so linear, it makes them look extremely lazy, and people will leave in droves when they hit 60 and have to pay real $$$ to be properly geared. The FTPer's (many who have stated they will not spend a dime on this game unlike some of us who invested early) will be off to the next FTP, and they must know this, thus the $10 per holding bag. It's a shameful, short-sighted marketing strategy, when they have something with such potential. I agree with all the gripes, but on the flipside, give it A++ for combat mechanics, which seems about right since dev's have had the better part of two decades to look at what others have done in the past, and refine. After ESO goes open beta, this place will be a graveyard, and rightfully so. If they wish to save such potential, they need to get it out of the greedy hands that are directing it's destiny, and make the game right to have a dedicated following. If anyone of import reads this, here is my advice to you.... Make a FTP game that has level caps, and other restrictions (to eliminate the cash *****s) that is subscription or DLC expansion module based... (WoW... it's worked for WoW for a decade) You play, you like, you stick around... Like any good software, you have to earn our trust and patronage. We will pay for a good game you know, but dislike getting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on identify scrolls, bag capacity, or enchant rune safeguards...
  • Options
    majormunchies42omajormunchies42o Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The state of this game is similar to the titanic. Can you say.... abandon ship?