Install Arc
Options

The True State of the Game

13»

Comments

• Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, you know leveling is too fast when you don't even get a chance to complete any of the red dungeon quests by the time you're done with a zone. It's kind of absurd, but it's that fast for a reason.

Specifically, it's because they want you to hit max level and be invested so that you'll then shell out $6 for a respec, $10 for inventory, $X for a mount, and $10 for each and every enchant that actually does something, on top of $5 for every character past two.

It's designed to be carebear for 59 levels, then suddenly gets a little challenging so all the carebears will shell out real world cash to make the end-game just as simple as the rest.

There is no denying any of this. You can like the fact that this is how it's designed, but it's the reason it is the way it is. The fact you can do the end-game content without spending a dime is nice, but considering that you can pay real cash to make it even easier than holding down your mouse button is catering to those with more money than time or sense.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    angelxeye wrote: »
    1) ya I just dont get that - it makes no sense, was in a party the other day where the cleric hid behind me and the boss just wanted her a lil too much and the poor gf was having to chase it down.
    2) Harsh but I agree, still have negative numbers in there and it should be fixed and consistant from app, to gateway to game. Lvl and time left need to be fixed.
    3) Agree, I hate hearing ppl whine about leveling to slow, personal pet peeve for me. Gah I remember this old game (starts with Ra and ends with pelz ) Freaking took forever - this is nothing, I am still hoping for a wipe and am not concerned at all that I will lvl back up. You dont even get to enjoy ur gear before you change it.
    4) IDC about PVP at all, b/c I honestly dont bother. Only so many times will you end up on the low end of 3v5 till u stop.
    5) I hate this but it is becoming the norm now it seems aeria and others are doing it as well.
    6) HAHA already said my peace.
    7) there ought to be a way to add only so many just like you can only add so many of other things, ie 5 kit locks and 2 treasures so to speak. I actually thought it would be fun to specialize a quest just to a specific class - then you could put all the same kind of kit locks, etc. I do hope they fix it.

My No#8) D&D is about a multi layered experience and was disappointed that the gods and area you come from currently have no real use. I really want to see this expanded on and my suggestion is that you have us players come up with ideas and the top 3 get to help work the ideas out. USE US! pfft if we are willing to spend money on BETA I think we are will to help along the story line - sheesh!.

Tough love is good so I hope no one is offended, but take the criticism as ideas for making it better! For me- I really love this game, so I want it fixed so when it goes live (come on you can wipe then, just saying) I can expect to spend years enjoying it.

Agree with this as well as the OP, in particular the speed of leveling. I have only done 3 Foundry quests and otherwise just the story lines and have leveled out of most skirmishes and all but three dungeons so far. I have managed to run 2 dungeons by manually entering them, but I shouldn't have to do that yet. I can understand once I have maxed and want to go back to do a dungeon. I'm not saying cut the XP earned by 50%, throttle it back by 10% or 15%. This is supposed to be D&D, which is all about the journey, not the end.

(For you "This an MMO" whiners/speed levelers, your going to leave as soon as the next F2P game comes along so your comments are pointless and with merit.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Agree with this as well as the OP, in particular the speed of leveling. I have only done 3 Foundry quests and otherwise just the story lines and have leveled out of most skirmishes and all but three dungeons so far. I have managed to run 2 dungeons by manually entering them, but I shouldn't have to do that yet. I can understand once I have maxed and want to go back to do a dungeon. I'm not saying cut the XP earned by 50%, throttle it back by 10% or 15%. This is supposed to be D&D, which is all about the journey, not the end.

(For you "This an MMO" whiners/speed levelers, your going to leave as soon as the next F2P game comes along so your comments are pointless and with merit.)

You've mistook Neverwinter for Dungeons & Dragons Online. It's a common mistake.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    garriusdetylmargarriusdetylmar Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All the people defending the too quick to level by saying "well it's F2p, what do you expect?"

Planetside 2 is free to play.
    LOTRO is free to play.
    Rift is free to play.

None of them let you level 3 times in under an hour, sorry.
    There is always another dawn.
    garriussig21_zpsyovrkgyj.png
  • Options
    ross123321ross123321 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Although I have yet to see Endgame content,
    I wish you would have said that at the begining and saved me reading any further...
    Also, most of your complaints are not even the main problems with this game.