test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Items in Neverwinter's Zen Market: Tomb Spider Companion and More!

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited June 2013 in News & Announcements
The Tomb Spider Companion and Elemental Ember Dye Pack are now available in Neverwinter's Zen Market! Learn more here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=888791.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, but... why don't you focus on fixing the issues the great majority of the community are reporting, instead of adding in MORE ways to cash us in?

It really hurts the "view" we players have of your company. It even hurts professional reviewer's views as well, as said by many reviewers.

I know some of those issues require more work than this, but you should put them on the front of your list. Hell, I'll gladly accept the game offline for a couple of days if you promise to fix those...
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • Options
    eliteblasterxeliteblasterx Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should be working on all the bugs in this game not adding items to the zen market....The amount of issues is overwhelming how do you have time to add items to zen market.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    Thanks, but... why don't you focus on fixing the issues the great majority of the community are reporting, instead of adding in MORE ways to cash us in?

It really hurts the "view" we players have of your company. It even hurts professional reviewer's views as well, as said by many reviewers.

I know some of those issues require more work than this, but you should put them on the front of your list. Hell, I'll gladly accept the game offline for a couple of days if you promise to fix those...

They'd never have the game offline that long,no money in it for them.Better to just bimble on, biting and bobbing odds and sods of code hoping that it fixes the latest toe curling exploits. ;)
  • Options
    blazing992blazing992 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    instead of adding more useless "offencive" pets you should fix the ridiculous lag spikes of 0fps in combat.
    "Nerf paper. Scissors are just fine. Thanks." - Rock
  • Options
    aerobombardieraerobombardier Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're going to add anything while you're working on fixing bugs, add the Ranger and Scourge Warlock classes. You've already hinted the Ranger will be available when you formally announce the game is "Live." And we've seen item drops that hint at a Warlock-type class. Don't try to monetize stuff in every other patch--devote the resources to giving the player base something they all can use.
  • Options
    mmartine1mmartine1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It doesn't matter that the people working on this stuff aren't the same people who need to fix what's broken in the game. It just looks bad. Even more amazing: how could you not know this?
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's the wrong pic for the dye.

That's the same Sunite Heart art you used last time, showing the pink instead of the new red.
  • Options
    malaclypsmalaclyps Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    adding items to the zen market can wait until after "launch". since we're still pretending it's a beta, i think everyone would rather see stuff getting fixed.
  • Options
    meitranmeitran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Why should i care about wasting my money on <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> items when i can't even play the game, due to the blocking-issue on my Guardian Fighter? Fix the important things first, then do the money milking.
  • Options
    madqhuemadqhue Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How is that spider a "controller"? Looks like two straight up melee attacks to me, no snare or stun or knockback or anything...
  • Options
    liggy1990liggy1990 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These are great if only i could get passed the neverwinter loading screen before character select! Never in all my time of playing pwe games such as BoI and WoI have i come across a game that crashes so much as this, its unbearable cant run dungeons or pvp without the game freezing up makes this full hd gaming laptop useless...
  • Options
    khasfacekhasface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How does a companion with no cc count as a controller?

Plus, its not like we're enamored with the zen shop as is - the prices are like a cactus slap to the testes.
  • Options
    boudebaboudeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Devs who working on cosmetic are not the same devs who work on technical aspect. The one who working on those cosmetic has probably a degree in design programming like my ex-girlfriend did, Not technical programming. If you put the design devs in technical it will be like Chuck Norris in a romantic movie!
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most of the 'new' things in the Zen store aren't actually new, just re-introducing elements that were available during the closed betas.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    boudeba wrote: »
    The Devs who working on cosmetic are not the same devs who work on technical aspect. The one who working on those cosmetic has probably a degree in design programming like my ex-girlfriend did, Not technical programming. If you put the design devs in technical it will be like Chuck Norris in a romantic movie!
    Probably. But a new companion requieres new AI, (albeit a basic one).

But as other players pointed out, it looks bad. Players are shouting for more dramatic changes and solutions to their issues. and the staff focuses on adressing profession-farming (because they want you to pay for booster packs), Gateway Auction House (because they want you to use and pay for Astral Diamonds), and minor 'fixes' when they should uphold those updates until the more importart ones come through.

It will look better if you release first what people have been asking for, and then what they haven't, than vice-versa.

Earn the trust of your consumers...
    antovaras wrote: »
    Most of the 'new' things in the Zen store aren't actually new, just re-introducing elements that were available during the closed betas.
    Is that really so? Shucks...
  • Options
    bak0nbak0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    I've given the benefit thus far to the game. But this stuff is honestly in bad taste. Nearly every fix has been about removing exploits on behalf of other "gamers" while the reality is its about keeping money flowing into the cash shop. While this is all fine and good, the bugs that impact overall game play needs to be addressed as secondary priority, well ahead to adding more cash shop items.

This just feels like you walked into a restaurant, had a bug in your soup, and were asked if you wanted to buy some crackers for your soup with the bug in it.
  • Options
    mojodammmojodamm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mievh wrote: »
    Players are shouting for more dramatic changes and solutions to their issues.

This just in...players will always shout for changes, and the majority of those shouts are self-serving, short-sighted, or individual issues that don't affect the majority of the player base.
    "The Grey has Risen, Book One" - NW-DDK8N6EYP
    "No Prey, No Pay" - NW-DG2XDJH84

Coming soon, "The Infinite" - NW-DMOHSQHM5
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mojodamm wrote: »
    This just in...players will always shout for changes, and the majority of those shouts are self-serving, short-sighted, or individual issues that don't affect the majority of the player base.

That's somewhat correct.

But the threat issue? Stuck at loading screen issue? Matchmaking issues? Graphical issues? Just to name a few...

I know the vocal minority will always sound louder, but those issues are affecting the majority of the player base. I don't think all the issues being reported (even by professional websites) are "self-serving, short-sighted or individual issues".
  • Options
    morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Spider is not a controller, it's a striker. In no way does it do any type of 'control' mechanic. rake and bite are dps skills from your own descriptions of the skills themselves. Bring back the ghost companion that was around during beta. The ghost was an actual controller type companion.
    If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Can we still lock stamina? Can we still disable cool downs? Can we still lock the daily power meter? Can we lock our stealth meters? Is botting still a huge problem in PVP? Oh... none of these have been addressed since release? Cool.. but hey! AH works for the time being and we can get a nifty spider!
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm curious about the spider. It says it is a controller, but the abilities don't list any CC. Does it cast webs independently of its skills?

I'm currently leveling up Galeb Duhr with my second wizard (mostly doing Foundry Quests), which is actually tanking well. I wonder how a controller companion would work.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    garfillingarfillin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Instead of adding more useless bunk to the cash shop, how about finally releasing companion upgrade tomes? Or how aobut fixing the horrendous scaling of companion damage? If you're going to do stuff dealing with companions, how about fixing them first so they're more than useless?
  • Options
    machinegunbluesmachinegunblues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, the 'Elemental Ember' dye packs are described as giving the dyed item red, golden tan and silver coloration.

From the picture, it looks more like.. pink. And white.

Justsayin.

I don't suppose anyone has any feedback on the spider and whether or not it's a worthwhile companion mechanically?
  • Options
    amill72amill72 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would it be possible to add the Zen prices to the announcements for new items?
    Thank you!
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could you list the dye like this ?
    red - primary
    tan - secondary
    silver - trim

I think that's the way they come , but I am not shure .
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cool, how about you guys worry about things that actually matter before adding more ways to "cash in" ?
  • Options
    raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amill72 wrote: »
    Would it be possible to add the Zen prices to the announcements for new items?
    Thank you!

They would be the same price as all the other dyes and companions in the store and that is expensive and super expensive.

Cryptic how about fixing the issues in game before releasing more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the cash shop.
  • Options
    joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    ......Assuming the majority of the population left do not want more Zen store ****e, and want actual bugfixes, balancing and content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    not1nameleftnot1nameleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New mount next please :)
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They won't get another cent out of me until they add the other two classes, Drow and companions that can actually hit rank 60 along with me.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos