Comments

• Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    ESO = Wrong

TES = Wrong

TESO = Correct

The Elder Scrolls = TES I said TES fanbois will moan. TES as a whole not just the online one :P
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    The Elder Scrolls = TES I said TES fanbois will moan. TES as a whole not just the online one :P

Well they are calling it "ESO" in their forums now days... But TESO and ESO are both correct IMHO. TES = definitely wrong.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The popularity of the game is IRRELEVANT, as long as I like playing it.......that's RELEVANT!!!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well they are calling it "ESO" in their forums now days... But TESO and ESO are both correct IMHO. TES = definitely wrong.

Your a macaroon head also . I am talking about Fanbois of the WHOLE of The Elder Scrolls series as in TES .

Example Morrowind , Skyrim and The Elder Scrolls online can all be grouped under TES.

The Elder Scrolls Online can be called by some as TESO.

Now re-read what I said before and understand :D
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ....and some will never have as many players as wow has lost.

True, it's funny how people go on and on about WoW losing subs, but when you look at percentage, it's not that bad, especially with how old it is, where in expansion cycle it is, etc. Most (all really) would still kill to have that many players.

To the OP, using MMORPG.com rankings as "proof" of a games success? Are you kidding? The ranking is FAR from scientific, goes by hits, and the users of the site love hype and rumors more than anything. I remember when Vanguard was coming they were talking about how it was the best game eva! Also, take a look at the one month tab, Neverwinter is #1. Guess the game is best.

The only way to know how any game is doing is by the publishers or devs giving hard numbers, which none ever do. Even WoW only gives vague numbers by the millions. Most say "Characters" or "Accounts" (i'm looking at you EvE, since almost all players i know of that have two to four accounts, by necessity).
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That site is still around? Huh... would have figure it's vapid content would have made it's advertisers runs to the hills years ago. Wonder if their reviews are still "pay for ratings".
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I bet that there will come a new MMORPG before the end of this decade which eventually will get 20 million players and it will have better graphics than World of Warcraft. ;)

I doubt it. The MMO genre has been stagnating for years, much like PC gaming in general. What keeps thriving is mobile gaming, though. And, of course, Blizzard's next MMO will probably take WoW's place, because it may actually be slightly innovative and start out with an established customer base. But it won't repeat what WoW managed in terms of mainstream appeal. That won't happen again.

None of that means that smaller, more niche MMOs can't be fun, enjoyable and worthwhile. It is like with literature and movies: if you only go for what is popular, you may miss out on the really good stuff that appeals to your individual preferences more than the more general stuff. I find that (online) games with only tens of thousands or a few hundred thousand people tend to appeal more to me than those that are played by millions. But hey, I don't even watch TV.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I doubt it. The MMO genre has been stagnating for years, much like PC gaming in general. What keeps thriving is mobile gaming, though. And, of course, Blizzard's next MMO will probably take WoW's place, because it may actually be slightly innovative and start out with an established customer base. But it won't repeat what WoW managed in terms of mainstream appeal. That won't happen again.

None of that means that smaller, more niche MMOs can't be fun, enjoyable and worthwhile. It is like with literature and movies: if you only go for what is popular, you may miss out on the really good stuff that appeals to your individual preferences more than the more general stuff. I find that (online) games with only tens of thousands or a few hundred thousand people tend to appeal more to me than those that are played by millions. But hey, I don't even watch TV.

I'm honestly in doubt that titan will even take WoW's place. I've just seen so many mmo's and the behavior of those that join/leave mmo's. The problem is when titan releases it's not going to get completely new rules among the player base. If it's innovative it won't be enough like wow. If it isn't it'll be too much like WoW. Thing is people are attached to WoW it's the game that many started mmo's with, a game with many fond memories, a game where they made some of their best friends had their favorite guilds. A game they never have to worry about "Dying" off or getting the pug pulled.

You still see this. Someone claiming EQ1 is the best and it's the first mmo they have ever played or this and that. In many people's minds whether they realize it or not to them "Nothing" will beat WoW due to their best gaming moments/memories being from that game. Also Blizzard doesn't have a perfect track record either ever since they have merged with activision people haven't been too happy with their choices. See D3.

I will honestly be surprised if Titan even gets HALF of WoW's numbers and I don't even like WoW.
  • Options
    eniaceniac Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Surely the OP is joking? Neverwinter is number 3 in popularity out of all MMOs on MMORPG.COM and number 12 in play time out of ALL games of ALL genres on Xfire. That isn't just success, it's RESOUNDING success. Congratulations to Cryptic and PWE!
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure what game you all are playing but this weekend I saw 14 Instances of Protectors Enclave generated, 3 of them being at the max of 150, The next at 120 and the remainders being anywhere between 80-low teens.

And I am probably on the least popular Server, Beholder. I could only imagine Dragon being even more.
  • Options
    helbjornhelbjorn Member Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    I'm not sure what game you all are playing but this weekend I saw 14 Instances of Protectors Enclave generated, 3 of them being at the max of 150, The next at 120 and the remainders being anywhere between 80-low teens.

And I am probably on the least popular Server, Beholder. I could only imagine Dragon being even more.

No, no, no, you're saying it wrong. It's pronounced, "DOOOOOOOOM!!!"
  • Options
    urlagurlag Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    @askopdkapok--u stated that NW should be added to the list off games that were made availiable to the public untested/unfinished. by definition, wouldnt any game that had an open beta be on that list? ALL open beta's are availiable to the public and untested/unfinished. thats the point of an open beta. to test the game on a larger scale so the company can finish it.

maybe next time u attempt to insult a game, u will actually manage to have a negative connotation to it. maybe.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    eniac wrote: »
    Surely the OP is joking? Neverwinter is number 3 in popularity out of all MMOs on MMORPG.COM and number 12 in play time out of ALL games of ALL genres on Xfire. That isn't just success, it's RESOUNDING success. Congratulations to Cryptic and PWE!

Haha since when did MMORPG's rating mean anything and since when did they become even remotely accurate?

You might also wanna note that:

1) It has Guild Wars at number 2... GW2 is fading and fading fast. I personally like it but its losing population in droves at max level.
    2) It has wildstar at number 3 and its not even released.
    3) And TSW at number 1? bwhahahaha. this is really funny because they game is hanging on by a thread.

Oh and as far as your comment "astounding success based on number of people playing it".. that same thing can be said about these games the first 6 months:

1) Fallen Earth
    2) Aion
    3) AoC
    4) Warhammer
    5) Tera

Do you call those games "astounding successes"?
  • Options
    willowbeanwillowbean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not all of us are poor peoples.... Some have money to use and enjoy.
  • Options
    drizztstarkdrizztstark Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Nevewinter is rank 3 in mmorpg website and going down everyday i think that becus a lot of exploits hacks in game now and many players already quit only who have a lot of AD and gold still playing whats the point you play legal and pay money to this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> company and others exploits and become more riches than you and stronger i'm glad i didn't pay any money in this game

unnamedqqscreenshot2013g.png

unnamedqqscreenshot2013.png

Pretty intricate (and unreadable) signature pic for a game you theorize is lousy.
    Slaad - Tiefling Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Haha since when did MMORPG's rating mean anything and since when did they become even remotely accurate?

You might also wanna note that:

1) It has Guild Wars at number 2... GW2 is fading and fading fast. I personally like it but its losing population in droves at max level.
    2) It has wildstar at number 3 and its not even released.
    3) And TSW at number 1? bwhahahaha. this is really funny because they game is hanging on by a thread.

ugh. /10char
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    I'm not sure what game you all are playing but this weekend I saw 14 Instances of Protectors Enclave generated, 3 of them being at the max of 150, The next at 120 and the remainders being anywhere between 80-low teens. And I am probably on the least popular Server, Beholder. I could only imagine Dragon being even more.

31 at the moment, with none of them having less than 100 players each, and several are capped at 150.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh, and someone be sure to let the Gold Seller's know how it's not the most popular game anymore.....please!!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    31 at the moment, with none of them having less than 100 players each, and several are capped at 150.

Population numbers mean absolutely nothing at this point in a game... Let me know what those are in 6 months.. Mmmmmkay?
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013

They're asking for confusion, then, because PWE already has an ESO, and it's been out for four years.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Population numbers mean absolutely nothing at this point in a game... Let me know what those are in 6 months.. Mmmmmkay?

They also mean nothing in 70 years when we will all be dead.

I play the game now.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They also mean nothing in 70 years when we will all be dead.

I play the game now.

So why aren't you playing it?
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Mostly because my boss would mind. :)
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hahahaha, it went down form 9+ millions?

No other MMORPG has ever lost as many players as World of Warcraft.

I believe that it peaked at 12.5 million and now down to 7 million that means that it has lost 5.5 million players.

Most MMO's would kill to have 7 million people dropping as little as $10 every month on the game, hell most would kill to have the amount of players WoW has lost.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Most MMO's would kill to have 7 million people dropping as little as $10 every month on the game, hell most would kill to have the amount of players WoW has lost.

Exactly.

Company's think the subscription model is dead. The truth is nothing released in the last 3 years could survive as a subscription model.

I still pay a subscription for WoW and LOTRO but haven't played either in awhile. I drop in on guildies and what not from time to time. $15/month is nothing to me. I spend that on lunch on any given day. I had no trouble coming up with that when I was mowing yards when I was 15 years old either.

I'm also paying a subscription to TSW right now.

All I know is I got $250 into this game and 1 week later I'm getting gouged for respecs which totally killed my desire to play. I still had almost no bank space, limited character slots and a companion that couldn't last 30 seconds against a level 60 mob.

So I look at what $250 gets me in other MMO's, mainly 2+ years of uninhibited gameplay and that is why all I've done for the last 2 weeks is login and pray and log out. Not online more than 30 seconds a day. Hell I was mentally gone from this long before the exploits were running rampant and ruined the economy.
  • Options
    mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Now that is some rock solid evidence. Lets see..3 games aren't released to the public yet, a few I have never heard of so I do not know if they are or not. Guild Wars is a good game but no way it is puling in more players than WoW. WoW lost 13% of it's client base since Kung Fu Panda launched and it is still breaking 8 million active accounts.

May want more than one citation before you just go all out with your final assumption. It may not pull the numbers it did at launch, but I don't think it's dead or dying just yet. Not saying it won't die if Cryptic/PWE doesn't start addressing the issues pointed out time and time again by the player base.
  • Options
    moskibearmoskibear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    looks pretty popular to me, then again that's coming from a site saying GW2 is number 1, because that game is doing so flawlessly well right? (did they fix class balance there yet for dungeons? ironically last time I read about it all groups have only Guardians and Fighters... sounds almost like an antithesis for this game)
  • Options
    futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TESO is just another generic MMO that tries to compete with WoW. I'll check it out when it is released, but so far the hype is exactly the same as it was for every other alleged WoW Killer: Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Rift, SW:TOR, Tera. They all crashed and burnt, and then established themselves somewhere far beneath the MMO throne. People always, in each of those cases, had completely unreasonable expectations, and then the games failed to meet them, because no game can compete with dreams of that perfect MMO.

I'm pretty sure TESO will experience the same. The materials available and leaked so far indicate that TESO will just be a "more of the same" MMO. Different skins, different lore, same gameplay, same grind, same lack of innovation. Of course it will be popular. Just like SW:TOR was, which had an even stronger franchise backing it.

There is a good bit we haven't seen beyond concept yet that I hope is good and really am looking forward to seeing. I have been following that game pretty closely (or at least I was until I started playing this) and one thing I LOVE about what they plan is their version of "raiding" is comprised fully of open-world dungeons called Adventure Zones. My first MMO was Anarchy-Online and this really appeals to me. It is very un-WoW in that respect and shoots for a different audience in my opinion and I hope they keep to their plans. There are 2 big TESO fansites out there and one of them is almost entirely comprised of WoW raiders looking to turn TESO's raiding into a WoW raiding with closed instancing when their devs are trying to be different from the mold. I am hoping they don't cave.
    The game also seems to shoot for a different audience with being more PvP based and less raid focused like WoW. Matt Firor is one of the guys responsible for DAoC, a game a never played but hear is very PvP focused. Many would argue that they are trying to make TESO the successor to that game.
  • Options
    breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nevewinter is rank 3 in mmorpg website and going down everyday i think that becus a lot of exploits hacks in game now and many players already quit only who have a lot of AD and gold still playing whats the point you play legal and pay money to this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> company and others exploits and become more riches than you and stronger i'm glad i didn't pay any money in this game

Cool story bro. Add bacon and dragons to your story next time for pulitzer winning material.
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

You stated you were leaving. Why haven't you left?
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.