test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

the Book Binding comments and suggestions (reviews)

2»

Comments

• Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Well that certainly took longer than I expected. BUT all 4 quests are now active again after the patch changes.

I had hoped to finish part 5 and move on to a quest using the new objects, but parts 2 and 4 (the longer ones of course) took a lot of looking at.

If you try or replay these and find something amiss, please let me know. I have spent many hours examining them, but something may still have gotten overlooked.

The issue of no tags on non-NPC contacts got me a lot. I relied on the titles to set the stage for the dialog which followed and some of the dialog made no sense without the title prompt.

Working with this new editor is it's own challenge. Some good things here, but I also feel we took a step or two backwards. Oh well, we work with what is available.

Will take a small break and then try to complete part 5.

I am still trying to decide if I want five to be the last of this series, so until I really know THAT, I will need to wait on completion.
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Glad to see your campaign back up and running. I shall run all 4 parts and let you know if any bugs persist.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    OK just cleared part one. Only a couple of cosmetic issues, I am guessing most of them are due to hardcode changes to the maps.
    • The 'prison door' labels are all lower case.
    • There is a broken pillar type thing outside the corridor that leads to Ilresh's assistant (-367, 914). I don't think it was there before and it looks a bit odd.
    • Also the burning bookcase in that room is about 2 feet from the wall.
    • There is also a moving shadow by the chain in the room that looks really odd. I can't locate the source. (OK, when I pull the chain, the chain and the shadow disappear, so the chain casts the shadow).
    • On the rock walkway between crypt and cave, there is a brazier built into one of the drow arches.
    • Had to stand right of the shelf that has the scrolls, to get line of sight on it.
  • Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The light strobes in path to cave room and the chain were intentional. As explained before it is low resource FX. Actually took me a long time to get that chain just right to flicker and draw your attention to it. People were not reading the dialog and had to hunt for the chain. Chain is very visible now heh heh.

Will look at that burning shelf again. Never saw a problem with it, but that is why others need to run your stuff.

I have been running some quests I wanted to get to. Unable to leave stars or tips, so I am marking the ones I want to redo. (yep, making a list lol).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This was definitely more than a 'flicker' so looks like I will have to play around with my settings again. I thought they were pretty much sorted since the patch, but obviously not.

Part 2 is fine :) However, it's nearly midnight here, so I skipped the optional extra for this one. But everything else with these maps seem just as they were pre-expac, so it seemed safe to do so.

EDIT: Part 3 ran smoothly too.

EDIT: No problems with Part 4.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, I am finally back. These last two weeks have been fun relearning the Foundry and I am now active in Part 5.

I had returned to these 4 episodes of The Book Binding with the intent to finish the 5th and final portion. (Note that these are not a campaign but individual quests). Much to my dismay I found some newer asset patches had broken a few of them. Work arounds and asset swaps have gotten them all working again.

Now that these have been tested multiple times I can continue with the initial plan of completing the 5th and final episode.

Here is a synopsis for the making of the Book Binding.

The BOOK BINDING – Pt.1 (15-30 minutes) Meeting A Drow
    ID: NW-de9 f45 osg
    Straight forward path to the end. There is an Extra in the room where you meet Brek. It is not needed to finish this Foundry.

The BOOK BINDING – Pt.2 (25-60 minutes) Growley's Cove
    ID: NW-dk2 4qc u3h
    I went into a lot of depth here. (some like it some do not). Lots of extra mobs within the main map and also an Extra that is not needed to finish this quest (Lich in the Estates Crypt). Even the Inn where you start out is full of little easter eggs. If you are into exploring then this one is fun. However, once you have done it then this quest can be done in 25 minutes or so with no problem. Lots of loot drops so bring an empty sack.

The BOOK BINDING – Pt.3 (15-25 minutes) Mystery Deepens
    ID: NW-DLR vsp mf5
    I had built this house from scratch just to see if it could be done. It was going to be the introduction map for the next Foundry (Pt.4) but once I got the main map scheme laid out for Pt.4 I realized that adding this house to it would make it way too long for the average Foundry Delve. It was decided to use it as a story path to Pt.4 instead. Fun fast Foundry that sets up the entire story line for part 4. I added the Extra (Suit Of Armor) in the main room just because those suits of armor standing there made it too hard to resist.

The BOOK BINDING – Pt.4 (15-40 minutes) Mythallar Episode
    ID: NW-dpp dp7 zbx
    This one had a strong complex story plot running and I tried to keep the various parts of it different enough that you would feel you really were involved in several cultures. I think I succeeded. This Foundry is as much fun to play as it was to make. Straight forward and no easter egg or Extra in here. Several people have commented that they spent a lot of time just wandering around and looking at stuff, so I feel that all my efforts to make it seem unique have paid off.

The BOOK BINDING - Pt.5 (work in progress)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments to ->
    the Book Binding