test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The True State of the Game

garriusdetylmargarriusdetylmar Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
The truth of the matter is, this game is a cluster **** of fairly immense proportions, and it is going to take more talent than Cryptic/Perfect Worlds possesses to pull it out of the trash heap and give this game any hope of longevity. The list of terrible decisions is going to be numerous, but I feel a voice of reason must shine through whatever corporate garbage is polluting the dev's minds and give them some honest direction. So, without further ado, I give you the surely incomplete list of things that absolutely must be fixed within the next 2 patches in order for this game to ever make it out of "Beta" with a respectable player base:

1.) Tanking and Aggro Control
Tanks can't hold aggro. This is stupid. Fix this now. 100% increase to ALL threat generation by ALL GF abilities. End of story. 50% reduction in taunt cool down. Marks persist for a certain amount of time, no more disappearing when an enemy strikes you. Whoever made that decision should be fired. I'm completely serious, whatever idiot moron said "Hey what if they go away when the thing you are trying to aggro hits you?" needs to lose his or her job and be blacklisted from work on future MMO's

2.) Auction House Sorting
Who can't code a sortable table? Who can't code basic search parameters? Are you guys kidding with us, or what? You are so clearly a cash grab company, how the HELL can this be an issue? Fire everyone responsible for the coding of this game and get a new team, pronto. I hear my high school has a few kids with some spare time, then at least I could sort items by level. ((This is really a minor problem compared to the rest of the game, but it is #2 because of how simple the problem is compared to the amount of frustration it causes))

3.) Leveling is WAY too easy
12 quests or less to finish a zone. Extremely linear, with pointless invisible walls that were, to be honest, clearly put up because your designers were too lazy to add more detail. I mean just completely unacceptable to have zones this small and so many invisible walls. Enemies are not a challenge, and quests are dreadfully short....although I have to say, I'm really happy with the variety of quests and would gladly repeat a lot of them at later levels just to have more to do. Regardless, I went from 1-30 in less than 24 hours: that is a sure fire way to end up with a LOT of bored, max level players...which if you pay any attention ((Which I know you don't...you aren't even reading this)) you'll realize is happening right now. I could also just que for a 20-minute foundry quest and do it over and over and get 5 levels an hour. That's pathetic. I went from level 29-30 in 3 PvP matches.

4.) PvP is so broken you might as well remove it entirely
Seriously. Just get rid of it. Enable dueling anywhere in the world and just get rid of PvP until you have a finished product, then add PvP in a content patch later. You guys clearly have no idea what the hell you are doing when it comes to the PvP - you didn't even playtest the classes, clearly - you should just stop.

5.) I understand you need to make money, but $10 for 24 slots of inventory space?
That's just being an *******. Plain and simple. There are so many things you can charge money for that people will pay. And don't call me a whiner, because I actually forked up the money for this to see if it really improved my gameplay experience that much ((it did.....)) but MAN do I regret it now. I get charging a ton for unique mounts, and I think that's a great way to handle that: one thing that always bugged me about traditional MMO's was how many people had these supposedly rare, hard to tame beasts they were riding around on. BUT ****, GOUGING PEOPLE FOR BAG SPACE IN AN MMO? And don't even get me started on the totally bogus success rates of your enchantment fusings, you liars.

6.) Because it really is that bad: it is WAY TOO EASY TO LEVEL!
Since I started writing this I had a guy in my guild go from level 44 to 45 from only one bar in. Pathetic, guys. Pathetic.

7.) Foundry is just way too limited, period.
I completely appreciate needing to keep people from just building loot hallways, but there has GOT to be another way! The most brilliant minds out there are going to create epics that will never get played by the majority of players because people know "you don't get anything good but XP in Foundry quests" and that just sucks. You like to think that hardcore RP players will be the backbone of it all, but considering how little support you are going to show them, don't expect them to stick around. There have to be ways of incorporating skill kits, decent loot, boss fights. You're just proving what all the haters are saying: your dev team lacks creativity and is lazy. Have a set limit on skill kits per square foot of dungeon! Number of kits/chests based on the number of enemies you have to fight! Boss fights unlocked after certain number of encounters/square footage reached. There ARE WAYS TO DO THIS WITHOUT LIMITING THE CREATIVE POWER OF THE ONLY GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO SAVE THIS RUSHED GAME!

8.) Everything outside of the Enclave feels extremely thrown together
Although I have yet to see Endgame content, and some of the dungeons HAVE been quite fun and pretty, most of the zones have felt overly generic and VERY devoid of detail. I touched on this with the nonsensical invisible walls (that keep you from going on top of a hill you can already walk all the way around....only reason to do this is because you are too lazy to add detail to the top of the hill) but again, something that bears repeating. This is at the end of the list because it is purely cosmetic and should not be high on the priority list, but again, I can't imagine it being that hard of a fix: just add a few trees and a skill kit or two and you're done.

It seems daunting, but there is light at the end of the tunnel: you guys have a massive, built-in audience in the D&D crowd, but they will quickly leave if you do not cater to the RP aspects of the game. After all, D&D is THE RP game, so you need to have a team devoted entirely to making content for them. This is the same group that will make a lot of real money purchases for cosmetic items, so keeping them happy and coming back is a way to ensure your cash flow ((since we all know that's the only thing your masters care about)). The gameplay itself is FUN! I really like the combat, and I like the premise for the game, and I like how abilities and feats and powers are handled so far, but I can already see that I'll be more or less done in a matter of weeks....and then what? PAY you to start more characters? Are you insane? Not when so many 60's are this bored.

I really hope you guys right the ship, or at least give us some hope with the next few patches. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt because despite all my resignations, I genuinely have fun playing, and the events + zone contests have been a great aspect of the game! I also absolutely LOVE how you have handled professions and the offline functionality is really great! All it will take is a little more effort and some tweaks and you could have a potentially amazing game here! You have my support, as long as you return the favor! Here's hoping the next few patches really shape things up!
There is always another dawn.
garriussig21_zpsyovrkgyj.png
Post edited by garriusdetylmar on

Comments

• Options
    ninjaclarinetninjaclarinet Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Harsh but needed.
  • Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you are just going to have to wait for the patches that were mentioned in the "state of the game" post. nothing will change until then, but when it does change almost everything you mentioned will be fixed.

Also. I hit level 60 about 3 weeks ago and I still go on all day everyday. some people don't like endgame but I love it. I wish there was more, certain dungeons are just too hard with the latest patches though.

• Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    whambulance is on it's way! don't move but please refrain from aggravating the injury with your keyboard!
  • Options
    assassin83assassin83 Member, Banned Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wall of rage
  • Options
    willowbeanwillowbean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whambulance is on it's way! don't move but please refrain from aggravating the injury with your keyboard!

I love playing this game... But he/she is 100% right.
  • Options
    snorgelhopsnorgelhop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a lot of hyperbole here. But you make some points that I agree with
    1) Tanking/agro control - you're spot on here. It's very frustrating building a true tank, but you can't get enough agro!
    2) Auction house sorting shouldn't be that hard either.
    5) Yeah 10 bucks for a bag? Its not even being nickle and dimed to death, but dollared to death.

I don't enjoy PVP so there's no point in me trying to produce valid arguements to that on either side. I am content with the level progression but that's just my vote - I'm more of a casual player these days.
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree with the OP.

This game at times feels like rubbernecking at a motorway pileup. You know you should just look away, but the awfulness of it has a terrible fascination.

Just tried that level 45ish Skirmish today on my 2nd character, the one with the big dragon, that you almost kill until the healers spawn. What a horrible mess! The only way to deal with the Marsh healers seeming to be trying to knock them off the map.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since I started writing this I had a guy in my guild go from level 44 to 45 from only one bar in. Pathetic, guys. Pathetic.

Um, sorry, would you rather have the game be a grindfest where you can't reliably level without store-bought pots like the 100500 typical Korean-model F2P MMOs, or have a game full of content to explore? I'm sorry if I come off as rude, but keep the ****ing grind out of my game. If you want to grind - GTFO and play something else. Once again, sorry for rudeness, but this is a key issue for me, and I can't for the life of me fathom why anyone would WANT more grind.
    Marks persist for a certain amount of time, no more disappearing when an enemy strikes you. Whoever made that decision should be fired. I'm completely serious, whatever idiot moron said "Hey what if they go away when the thing you are trying to aggro hits you?" needs to lose his or her job and be blacklisted from work on future MMO's
    Umm, stop wishing this game's mechanics were a carbon copy of all other MMOs. Clerics here are different, wizards are different, tanks are different. Deal with it. It makes sense that the mark only persists until you're hit, because blocking is a core GF mechanic, and it's not that hard to keep it up.

Also, the marks from Enforced Threat persist for a fixed period. That could probably be lengthened through one of the feats...

Anyway, this is needed:

2474203254_09522e7f77.jpg

nevfe wrote: »
    Just tried that level 45ish Skirmish today on my 2nd character, the one with the big dragon, that you almost kill until the healers spawn. What a horrible mess! The only way to deal with the Marsh healers seeming to be trying to knock them off the map.
    I'm sorry, this is plain wrong. I've done this with a wide variety of pugs from good to bad, and with the people who can communicate, are aware of key game mechanics, and know how to play their class it's absolutely doable the regular way. Yes, you need to actually split up the party to keep the healers away from the boss. Yes, you need to assign a GF/GWF to the cleric. No, it's not that hard without using cheese.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    +1 I completely agree OP.
  • Options
    aarkane1976aarkane1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whatever idiot moron said "Hey what if they go away when the thing you are trying to aggro hits you?" needs to lose his or her job and be blacklisted from work on future MMO's

Now THAT made me LOL, for real!

All pretty valid points outside of the comical parts. I would add one thing as the 9th entry

9) Fix the increasingly frequent global issue where people are getting stuck on the Protector's Enclave loading screen after character selection. In order to make money in a F2P game, people need to be able to actually login and play. Doing the work around of loading in safe mode (whatever that means in an MMO application) and jumping through hoops with screen resolutions is simply unacceptable.
    Aarkane
    Devoted Cleric of the Dragon Shard
    Recruit of Grievance
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Now THAT made me LOL, for real!

All pretty valid points outside of the comical parts. I would add one thing as the 9th entry

9) Fix the increasingly frequent global issue where people are getting stuck on the Protector's Enclave loading screen after character selection. In order to make money in a F2P game, people need to be able to actually login and play. Doing the work around of loading in safe mode (whatever that means in an MMO application) and jumping through hoops with screen resolutions is simply unacceptable.

you're just stating things that are actively being looked into and being fixed. its in a sticky for god sakes. saying for them to fix it when they already said they are trying to fix it and it causes some mildly major gameplay restrictions isn't all that needed.

• Options
    joewoodcutter1joewoodcutter1 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    3/6). The sooner you hit level cap the sooner theres a chance you will start spending dollars. Thats why you level up so fast, because the big Cryptic cashgrab happens at max level.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    3/6). The sooner you hit level cap the sooner theres a chance you will start spending dollars. Thats why you level up so fast, because the big Cryptic cashgrab happens at max level.
    *shrug* so get a life/stop rushing to the top. I've been playing almost daily since OBT launch, and still haven't leveled a 60. It's hilarious when people rush to get to max level on day 1 then whine that there isn't new content for them on day 2. Every MMO has this minority, and I swear it doesn't learn.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

That is also very invalid. what would you be paying money for? its not that hard to earn 600k-1million diamonds from a single dungeon delve. there is no real reason to spend money once you hit 60.

• Options
    aarkane1976aarkane1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xen1912 wrote: »
    you're just stating things that are actively being looked into and being fixed. its in a sticky for god sakes. saying for them to fix it when they already said they are trying to fix it and it causes some mildly major gameplay restrictions isn't all that needed.

I understand what you are saying...but from what I'm reading, this issue has been around since Alpha...so "saying" they are in the process of fixing it and actually "doing" it are two very different things. Also, a lot of the point the OP states are also known issues I'm sure the are working on. Until they actually fix the loading issue, that is #1 to me. Nothing else matters if a person can't even get in the game.
    Aarkane
    Devoted Cleric of the Dragon Shard
    Recruit of Grievance
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I understand what you are saying...but from what I'm reading, this issue has been around since Alpha...so "saying" they are in the process of fixing it and actually "doing" it are two very different things. Also, a lot of the point the OP states are also known issues I'm sure the are working on. Until they actually fix the loading issue, that is #1 to me. Nothing else matters if a person can't even get in the game.

It being around since alpha is news to me. wasn't really posted on the forum till about 3 days ago. if that is indeed true then yeah that needs to get more attention.

• Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The truth of the matter is, this game is a cluster **** of fairly immense proportions, and it is going to take more talent than Cryptic/Perfect Worlds possesses to pull it out of the trash heap and give this game any hope of you return the favor! Here's hoping the next few patches really shape things up!

Current state failmeter: [===========================|-----]
  • Options
    edited May 2013

"I read it on the Internet, so it MUST be true!" (c) :D
  • Options
    jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tl;dr

10 chars
  • Options
    garriusdetylmargarriusdetylmar Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    *shrug* so get a life/stop rushing to the top. I've been playing almost daily since OBT launch, and still haven't leveled a 60. It's hilarious when people rush to get to max level on day 1 then whine that there isn't new content for them on day 2. Every MMO has this minority, and I swear it doesn't learn.
    Ok, this guy is definitely a troll. /ignored
    There is always another dawn.
    garriussig21_zpsyovrkgyj.png
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Every play-it-safe crappy MMO developer never learns to build a system where players make content equal to or better than themselves.

Lazy game bad result. levelling slow should NOT be a requirement since it's just a generic themepark.
  • Options
    talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited May 2013
    Bit harsh, but justified.

Class balance in general is awful in so many ways. I'm starting to think the best thing to do is just scrap all classes as they are right now and go for a full rework. It's just that bad.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xen1912 wrote: »
    That is also very invalid. what would you be paying money for? its not that hard to earn 600k-1million diamonds from a single dungeon delve. there is no real reason to spend money once you hit 60.

Enchant chance 1% for endgear runes. Thats where the AD/ZEN sink is at.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Its not me that wants to rush. Cryptic wants you to level up nice and easy and in a short time.
  • Options
    ganjamonkganjamonk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with some of what he said here but the game is what it is. it was designed with fast leveling wich most people I talk to love. (I rather not sit in front of my computer for 2 months to gain 10 levels like another game I wont mention). And the auction house? yea this search BS needs to be fixed this is uncalled for..
  • Options
    angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013

1.) Tanking and Aggro Control...

2.) Auction House Sorting...

3.) Leveling is WAY too easy...

5.) I understand you need to make money, but $10 for 24 slots of inventory space?

8.) Everything outside of the Enclave feels extremely thrown together...

1) ya I just dont get that - it makes no sense, was in a party the other day where the cleric hid behind me and the boss just wanted her a lil too much and the poor gf was having to chase it down.
    2) Harsh but I agree, still have negative numbers in there and it should be fixed and consistant from app, to gateway to game. Lvl and time left need to be fixed.
    3) Agree, I hate hearing ppl whine about leveling to slow, personal pet peeve for me. Gah I remember this old game (starts with Ra and ends with pelz ) Freaking took forever - this is nothing, I am still hoping for a wipe and am not concerned at all that I will lvl back up. You dont even get to enjoy ur gear before you change it.
    4) IDC about PVP at all, b/c I honestly dont bother. Only so many times will you end up on the low end of 3v5 till u stop.
    5) I hate this but it is becoming the norm now it seems aeria and others are doing it as well.
    6) HAHA already said my peace.
    7) there ought to be a way to add only so many just like you can only add so many of other things, ie 5 kit locks and 2 treasures so to speak. I actually thought it would be fun to specialize a quest just to a specific class - then you could put all the same kind of kit locks, etc. I do hope they fix it.

My No#8) D&D is about a multi layered experience and was disappointed that the gods and area you come from currently have no real use. I really want to see this expanded on and my suggestion is that you have us players come up with ideas and the top 3 get to help work the ideas out. USE US! pfft if we are willing to spend money on BETA I think we are will to help along the story line - sheesh!.

Tough love is good so I hope no one is offended, but take the criticism as ideas for making it better! For me- I really love this game, so I want it fixed so when it goes live (come on you can wipe then, just saying) I can expect to spend years enjoying it.

Below is some nonsense about bad game design..
    I agree more with the following;
    Originally Posted by kilo418
    I am not seeing a bad game design.
    I log in, I play, I have fun. Aren't games designed for entertainment? I am quite entertained.
    &
    Originally Posted by kilo418
    There are plenty of things wrong with the game. Doesn't mean it's a bad design. It is a great foundation with limitless potential. Sure there are bugs to fix and systems to improve, it is still a very fun game.
  • Options
    chintaechintae Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I hate to say it the but the OP is correct on every aspect. For me, the issues he addresses are so glaring that the only people defending it are the $200 founder pack supporters and White Knighters that every game company seems to pay to have.

I hate to quote a game that had the reputedly worst MMO launch in gaming history, but Vanguard had one of the most in depth complicated, yet fun END GAME in MMO history its amazing to sit back and think upon it. Not only did you have 8 character slot in which to create 1 of 15 classes with 16 races (almost and ENDLESS unique possibilities for you RP'ers out there) but you would find classes that you don't find in any other game (bloodmages( caster healer) and Disciple(monk healer) along with similar classes that allowed you to diversify your build (Clerics could go CC clerics, tank clerics, caster magey cleric, undead destroyer, DPS cleric) to suit the style of play you desired.

At end game, you have 4-6 areas in which to divest your time into, getting the items neccessary to begin raiding. And the RAIDS! SO FUN and it did not rely upon add after add after add, unless the encounter depended upon adds as the mechanism, but that is few and far between. I can count on one hand the number of add bosses in game.

NWO is so far from engaging at end game. When I got to level 60, after the first AH closure, when it reopened, I was able to get almost a full set of gear for under 100k and decided to do some dungeons. Not only was I NOT able to withstand damage, but my team seemed to be full of incompetents and was unable to finish my dungeons. Then I sat back and asked...'Why should I go on?" I have the gear, I have all I will need to have...what is the point? What am I doing this for?"

Then I logged off and only log in to do my daily attunments.

There is no end game.

This game is quick cash grab for cryptic and not to cater to 'amusement'. UNless it's cryptic's amusement.
  • Options
    iminers242iminers242 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The truth of the matter is, this game is a cluster **** of fairly immense proportions, and it is going to take more talent than Cryptic/Perfect Worlds possesses to pull it out of the trash heap and give this game any hope of longevity. The list of terrible decisions is going to be numerous, but I feel a voice of reason must shine through whatever corporate garbage is polluting the dev's minds and give them some honest direction. So, without further ado, I give you the surely incomplete list of things that absolutely must be fixed within the next 2 patches in order for this game to ever make it out of "Beta" with a respectable player base:

Tanks can't hold aggro. This is stupid. Fix this now. 100% increase to ALL threat generation by ALL GF abilities. End of story. 50% reduction in taunt cool down. Marks persist for a certain amount of time, no more disappearing when an enemy strikes you. Whoever made that decision should be fired. I'm completely serious, whatever idiot moron said "Hey what if they go away when the thing you are trying to aggro hits you?" needs to lose his or her job and be blacklisted from work on future MMO's

2.) Auction House Sorting
    Who can't code a sortable table? Who can't code basic search parameters? Are you guys kidding with us, or what? You are so clearly a cash grab company, how the HELL can this be an issue? Fire everyone responsible for the coding of this game and get a new team, pronto. I hear my high school has a few kids with some spare time, then at least I could sort items by level. ((This is really a minor problem compared to the rest of the game, but it is #2 because of how simple the problem is compared to the amount of frustration it causes))

3.) Leveling is WAY too easy
    12 quests or less to finish a zone. Extremely linear, with pointless invisible walls that were, to be honest, clearly put up because your designers were too lazy to add more detail. I mean just completely unacceptable to have zones this small and so many invisible walls. Enemies are not a challenge, and quests are dreadfully short....although I have to say, I'm really happy with the variety of quests and would gladly repeat a lot of them at later levels just to have more to do. Regardless, I went from 1-30 in less than 24 hours: that is a sure fire way to end up with a LOT of bored, max level players...which if you pay any attention ((Which I know you don't...you aren't even reading this)) you'll realize is happening right now. I could also just que for a 20-minute foundry quest and do it over and over and get 5 levels an hour. That's pathetic. I went from level 29-30 in 3 PvP matches.

Seriously. Just get rid of it. Enable dueling anywhere in the world and just get rid of PvP until you have a finished product, then add PvP in a content patch later. You guys clearly have no idea what the hell you are doing when it comes to the PvP - you didn't even playtest the classes, clearly - you should just stop.

That's just being an *******. Plain and simple. There are so many things you can charge money for that people will pay. And don't call me a whiner, because I actually forked up the money for this to see if it really improved my gameplay experience that much ((it did.....)) but MAN do I regret it now. I get charging a ton for unique mounts, and I think that's a great way to handle that: one thing that always bugged me about traditional MMO's was how many people had these supposedly rare, hard to tame beasts they were riding around on. BUT ****, GOUGING PEOPLE FOR BAG SPACE IN AN MMO? And don't even get me started on the totally bogus success rates of your enchantment fusings, you liars.

I completely appreciate needing to keep people from just building loot hallways, but there has GOT to be another way! The most brilliant minds out there are going to create epics that will never get played by the majority of players because people know "you don't get anything good but XP in Foundry quests" and that just sucks. You like to think that hardcore RP players will be the backbone of it all, but considering how little support you are going to show them, don't expect them to stick around. There have to be ways of incorporating skill kits, decent loot, boss fights. You're just proving what all the haters are saying: your dev team lacks creativity and is lazy. Have a set limit on skill kits per square foot of dungeon! Number of kits/chests based on the number of enemies you have to fight! Boss fights unlocked after certain number of encounters/square footage reached. There ARE WAYS TO DO THIS WITHOUT LIMITING THE CREATIVE POWER OF THE ONLY GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO SAVE THIS RUSHED GAME!

8.) Everything outside of the Enclave feels extremely thrown together
    Although I have yet to see Endgame content, and some of the dungeons HAVE been quite fun and pretty, most of the zones have felt overly generic and VERY devoid of detail. I touched on this with the nonsensical invisible walls (that keep you from going on top of a hill you can already walk all the way around....only reason to do this is because you are too lazy to add detail to the top of the hill) but again, something that bears repeating. This is at the end of the list because it is purely cosmetic and should not be high on the priority list, but again, I can't imagine it being that hard of a fix: just add a few trees and a skill kit or two and you're done.

It seems daunting, but there is light at the end of the tunnel: you guys have a massive, built-in audience in the D&D crowd, but they will quickly leave if you do not cater to the RP aspects of the game. After all, D&D is THE RP game, so you need to have a team devoted entirely to making content for them. This is the same group that will make a lot of real money purchases for cosmetic items, so keeping them happy and coming back is a way to ensure your cash flow ((since we all know that's the only thing your masters care about)). The gameplay itself is FUN! I really like the combat, and I like the premise for the game, and I like how abilities and feats and powers are handled so far, but I can already see that I'll be more or less done in a matter of weeks....and then what? PAY you to start more characters? Are you insane? Not when so many 60's are this bored.

I really hope you guys right the ship, or at least give us some hope with the next few patches. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt because despite all my resignations, I genuinely have fun playing, and the events + zone contests have been a great aspect of the game! I also absolutely LOVE how you have handled professions and the offline functionality is really great! All it will take is a little more effort and some tweaks and you could have a potentially amazing game here! You have my support, as long as you return the favor! Here's hoping the next few patches really shape things up!

+1.
    This needed to be said.
  • Options
    namarusnamarus Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Guardian fighters cant hold agro because the class is completely broken. Block is completely unreliable (works like 60% of the time for me, i raise my shield but i still get frontal hit, i need to press shift again but the dmg is already done, and i lost aggro). Feats not working, should be 99% more threat instead of 33%, should have +5AC instead of +1AC. Playing GF right now is complete garbage, this isn't beta, this is alpha imo.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Good lord man who in their right mind would read all of that!?!?!?

You realize anyone under 30 has the attention span of a chicken right?

STATE OF THE GAME

1) It's Free

2) It's Awesome

3) It's Free & Awesome.