test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch removed 80% of treasure and node drops in the Areas that were "adjusted"

Comments

• gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    The nodes were not what was causing the 99 stacks, it was a duping exploit so all the White Knight arguments mean nothing. Nodes are being reduced to cause people to pay. There are enough cash sinks in this game without that and they need to stop it. This game should have more nodes not less. Profession mats are hard to get as it is.

More duping exploits? Jesus. I'm so naive I thought the odd pile I saw was the result of grafting. How did this sort of thing get through closed beta?
  • storminrhstorminrh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just thought I would add for those who think that lower the "quest rewards" has anything to do with this is wrong. The instances that people farmed nodes out of were part of quests, and needed to have the quest in there log to zone in. The lowering of rewards is simply removing loot from the instances making them less desirable to farm.
  • stormhammystormhammy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like I said.. move along.

You leaving will not impact anyone else's gaming experience in the slightest.

False, his leaving will likely improve quite a number of people's gaming experience.
    ('-')
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows./Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope.
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wrong, Perfect World was the game with the smallest inventory space ever. 30 slots at max lvl if you did not buy and expansion stone from the cash shop. One stone added 20 more slots up to i think 100+ slots in total. It was still playable but also frustrating at times.

Peace.

This one gives I think 16 slots and never gets bigger on banks.

So it now has the new record...^_^

And as for bank and inventory in perfect world and jade dynasty they started to give bank and inventory increases in space as you level...so you go beyond 30 in the bank easily and you also get items from your reward bag as well.

I play both those games and have for a number of years......yep this neverwinter one is fairly small for bank inventory...surprisingly it doesn't get bigger when you level either.

In perfect world and jade dynasty and forsaken world what they do is have special events and things like say the book event for example.....that use a lot of inventory spaces.....thus they get you to want to have more inventory and bank space so you can get the better rewards from the events and such.

I don't think neverwinter has any sort of events like that though yet nor nay planned for the future, even so.....would be kind of dumb too since neverwinters inventory and bank space is super small....would make zero sense and just be another frustration for players.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• antedeluvian75antedeluvian75 Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    gongstar wrote: »
    His post has a point while yours does not.

His post has a point because he accused someone of cheating whitout any proof?

You are hilarious.
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So does this mean we are all banned for abusing an exploit? Or will this just be hypocrisy at play? ;)
  • hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    to be honest the stuff you got from the nodes and chests in those areas weren't that great. about the only thing was some of the crafting mats. the gear was ho hum.rarely you would get something good from the chests. not concerned about the quest rewards either by the time i did those quests they adjusted i had already gotten better gear. so these adjustments are no way game breaking.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    The guy is a forum warrior. Ignore him.

No, I'm simply someone who is interested in having an adult conversation. Don't let me stand in the way of you ignoring me though, you clearly have nothing to add.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
    edited May 2013
    Well, I for one, appreciate you pinkfont. Like a breath of fresh air in room full of dense fog.
    edited May 2013
    Simple this isn't farmville, it's D&D, those nodes were also ripe for exploiting, which is what happens. Cryptic has a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of experience and has learned the hard way what works and doesn't work mostly by falling on their faces and then being curbed stomped by their customers. nodes like that can be farmed with that much output and exploited all to hell just don't work.

I saw this coming and so did anyone with any common sense.

Really? And how does the crafting in D&D traditionally work? Do Wizards of the Coast charge extra for boosters to crafting in their Pen and Paper games? I honestly wouldn't know. You need a social circle to play DnD. ;_;
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    No, I'm simply someone who is interested in having an adult conversation. Don't let me stand in the way of you ignoring me though, you clearly have nothing to add.

I wasn't talking about you, I was giving you advise about the person who addressed you. Simply ignore them.
    edited May 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    I wasn't talking about you, I was giving you advise about the person who addressed you. Simply ignore them.

Ah, my mistake. Now I feel all dumb.
  • swift231swift231 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Ah, my mistake. Now I feel all dumb.

lol is your character supposed to look like Groose ?
  • herbtrader20herbtrader20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I for one, appreciate you pinkfont. Like a breath of fresh air in room full of dense fog.[/QUOTE

Have you ever been in fog? It is quite dense, and fresh at the same time (fog is water vapor, not poison). Perhaps you saw pink text and immediately lost all control of yourself at the idea of conversing with a female. Perhaps you then spent 20 minutes trying to find some way to "flirt" with said female, and the above attempt to be slick backfired and made you look 11. Go back to reading novels and stop trying to write them.
    So says the wise old herbtrader.
    edited May 2013
    Have you ever been in fog? It is quite dense, and fresh at the same time (fog is water vapor, not poison). Perhaps you saw pink text and immediately lost all control of yourself at the idea of conversing with a female. Perhaps you then spent 20 minutes trying to find some way to "flirt" with said female, and the above attempt to be slick backfired and made you look 11. Go back to reading novels and stop trying to write them.

The fog I usually found myself in was created by an artificial fog machine when playing in my band. I can assure you that it was NOT fresh. This is aside from the fog of imbeciles with raging hormonal issues on this forum.
    edited May 2013
    Well, I for one, appreciate you pinkfont. Like a breath of fresh air in room full of dense fog.[/QUOTE

B-but, I'm a manly man. I have a beard and everything.
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hank41 wrote: »
    I cant believe you NERF that many of the chest and node drops its unacceptable and that my friend is the straw that broke the camels back. I'm done not gonna spend anymore of my time playing this game when you go and do things like that just because a few players screwed the many over .....so you just joined them as you screwed over the many players that didnt do a thing except play the game you gave to us.

Im sure all the areas you mentioned in patch is as bad as the one I'm talking about you took 6 out of the 7 "5 nodes" & "2 chest" all that remain now is ONE FREAKING node.

So since you got taking advantage by a few you screw over the rest of us and the next ones that try this game out. By the time you get another wave of new players I bet this game is gonne be a SHELL of what it use to be.

RIFT here I come in 2 weeks they launch F2P , btw they are alot more friendly with there BANK slots and INV that you all are. What a pathetic amount of bank space you give us for FREE loloolool, Its gotta be the lowest amount I have ever seen on any F2P MMO EVER.

Its painfully obvious their primary focus is fixing issues that impact the sale of Zen... those of you that haven't put 2 and 2 together yet.
    edited May 2013

I still like you (no ****).

edit: no ****-sapien? :D
  • churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

We should have more details regarding the details of these changes, and reasons for these changes very soon. Sorry that I don't have them available at this particular moment. Thanks for your patience!

Where do I hide my excitement
  • xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

LIIEEEEEEESSS >_<:p
  • zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> are they limiting the way to find resources now? What do I have to do now in order to get materials? Kill mobs?
    The game itself doesn't offer anything at 60 besides fail Dungeon runs and not having the ability to go out and gather mats for your progression is just pure fail.
    I am not going to low lvl areas and farm <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mats that I can't use.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A lot of mad botters in this thread.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm confused on how people are raging over the loss of a few nodes/chest...I just finished doing my normal round of profession nodes in my choice zone are have only seen a few missing nodes (and I'm sure half of them are because someone else got to the node before I did). I got only a little bit less than I normally get, but not a whole lot less.

If you really are going to quit over a few lost mithral or enchantment stones, then by all means gtfo and stop overreacting.
  • majormunchies42omajormunchies42o Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GUYS, this is going all to the devs plan? dont you see? they want you to pay $200+ for thier ****ty game so it can be somewhat good! but dont worry you'll all quit before then hahaha
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    they want you to pay $200+ dont worry you'll all quit before then hahaha

You didn't have to tell me that, I could have told you that the day the game was announced. :)
  • kamicase13kamicase13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hank41 wrote: »
    Wow just look at the # of views over 7k in about 12 hours since I posted this thread. More views than any post in a long time tells me that alot of players actually want to know what they did to the game now. Not many post to view ratio but that is understandable the INFO i gave is correct.

Devs you see how many players have concern about the loot and node drops that you have taken away from us. That is a whole lot of views in 12 hours. So now a ton of players now how you have "adjusted" the drops in instance quest and screwed over all the profession players by taking away there materials.

Edit: So which areas are next to be adjusted? You might as well hit them all while your at it. Go ahead and pull the plug on your boat "Cryptic" while your at it. What a pathetic way you all are dealing with this , all MMO'S have loot, node runs oh wait not this 1 were all called cheaters and exploiters here.

The stacks of 99 of the SAME enchantments were DUPED not farmed....think about it all 99 stacks of the same kind get real.

Naaaaaaaaaa its not that, we come and read the post to LOL at the whiners and ofc to see whats the rant of the day. Plz stop making this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> posts and create more constructive stuff, do you actually believe that the game developers give 2 rats *** about your whining? plz can you finally quit and take all your whinny clones from the forums, we are really getting tired of the "im soooooo gonna quit now" and you see them next week complaining on something else.
  • cedricfontelroycedricfontelroy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wrong, Perfect World was the game with the smallest inventory space ever. 30 slots at max lvl if you did not buy and expansion stone from the cash shop. One stone added 20 more slots up to i think 100+ slots in total. It was still playable but also frustrating at times.
    He said bank slots, not inv slots.
  • sereenawindsereenawind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So many people don't play "LOTR The hobbit" Here lol. That has the lowest amount of inventory and bank space. You begin with about 15 slots in your inventory and have to pay if you need more. Thy give you these items you may like to use ( exp items healing etc and fill up your inventory but as yet you are not even high enough to use the bank. And that is a bigger disappointment!
    May the Good Lord keep you always in His Loving Arms