test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch removed 80% of treasure and node drops in the Areas that were "adjusted"

hank41hank41 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I cant believe you NERF that many of the chest and node drops its unacceptable and that my friend is the straw that broke the camels back. I'm done not gonna spend anymore of my time playing this game when you go and do things like that just because a few players screwed the many over .....so you just joined them as you screwed over the many players that didnt do a thing except play the game you gave to us.

Im sure all the areas you mentioned in patch is as bad as the one I'm talking about you took 6 out of the 7 "5 nodes" & "2 chest" all that remain now is ONE FREAKING node.

So since you got taking advantage by a few you screw over the rest of us and the next ones that try this game out. By the time you get another wave of new players I bet this game is gonne be a SHELL of what it use to be.

RIFT here I come in 2 weeks they launch F2P , btw they are alot more friendly with there BANK slots and INV that you all are. What a pathetic amount of bank space you give us for FREE loloolool, Its gotta be the lowest amount I have ever seen on any F2P MMO EVER.
Post edited by hank41 on

Comments

• dwarfordeathdwarfordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hank41 wrote: »
    I cant believe you NERF that many of the chest and node drops its unacceptable and that my friend is the straw that broke the camels back. I'm done not gonna spend anymore of my time playing this game when you go and do things like that just because a few players screwed the many over .....so you just joined them as you screwed over the many players that didnt do a thing except play the game you gave to us.

Im sure all the areas you mentioned in patch is as bad as the one I'm talking about you took 6 out of the 7 "5 nodes" & "2 chest" all that remain now is ONE FREAKING node.

So since you got taking advantage by a few you screw over the rest of us and the next ones that try this game out. By the time you get another wave of new players I bet this game is gonne be a SHELL of what it use to be.

RIFT here I come in 2 weeks they launch F2P , btw they are alot more friendly with there BANK slots and INV that you all are. What a pathetic amount of bank space you give us for FREE loloolool, Its gotta be the lowest amount I have ever seen on any F2P MMO EVER.

TLDR; I was exploiting this and now I can't anymore. -RAGE!-

Glad you're leaving, move along..
  • saucyshortcakesaucyshortcake Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    People were finding ways to acquire items that didn't involve paying with real money. This had to be addressed as a top priority.
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

We should have more details regarding the details of these changes, and reasons for these changes very soon. Sorry that I don't have them available at this particular moment. Thanks for your patience!
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So OP, tell us more about these Nodes. We are really interested in your tale.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People were finding ways to acquire items that didn't involve paying with real money. This had to be addressed as a top priority.

I hope they don't find about the Zen/AD exchange... I heard that exploit is so hardcore that it allows you to get ZEN WITHOUT PAYING MONEY!!!!!111
    Characters:

• dwarfordeathdwarfordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    I hope they don't find about the Zen/AD exchange... I heard that exploit is so hardcore that it allows you to get ZEN WITHOUT PAYING MONEY!!!!!111

Shhh! Oh great now everyone is going to know!...
  • screamingpalmscreamingpalm Member Posts: 304 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "The beatings will continue until morale improves"!
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you've never seen an over-rewarding chest/node/quest get removed in an MMO, then either this is your first MMO or you simply haven't been paying attention. This happens so often that it's not even worth noticing.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited May 2013
    Have you ever played any other MMO's? There all set up so players can do loot runs to make ingame money instead of going out and attacking random mobs for hours farming there drops. How they make them a bit harder is putting them on a timer....even the nodes not by REMOVING them.

Ever play DDO you can do a loot run on every dungeon ingame BUT the more you do a run on same dungeon the chest starts to drop less and less then NOTHING at all and they reset in about a week. DDO is F2P and they know about the LOOT runs but they allow it so players can make ingame money so they can but stuff from the AH so everyone can make some money.

All cryptic did was take out of the game the way players can make some money. Every MMO is set up for loot runs and every MMO deals with it in someway but NONE of them REMOVE them from the game. This is the 1st game I have seen that removed them. WHY, well there are many reasons why I'm sure BUT the man reason why is so players cannot make ingame money PERIODF! Its just another way to force its players that want to stay competitive ingame then you must drop the $ bomb.

Also I have spent some money already I'm not a freeloader but they just TOOK out the easier way to make ingame money....not everyone can get the EPIC drops and sell them on the AH not everyone wants to be forced into groups just to get some drops....and hoping there's not a couple of greedy players they say I need it for my other character....as most of us could say that.

So how they will FIX the economy...lets take out 80% of the nodes and chest from all the quest...how in the **** can that be a good thing...explain that to me .

Yes, because fixing the economy involves letting people farm 99 stacks of rank 4 enchantments to make easy profit.
    Characters:

edited May 2013
    Like I said.. move along.

You leaving will not impact anyone else's gaming experience in the slightest.
  • odainekromosodainekromos Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Yes, because fixing the economy involves letting people farm 99 stacks of rank 4 enchantments to make easy profit.

I dont see the problem... 90% will get lost if you fuse them, lol
    edited May 2013
    I dont see the problem... 90% will get lost if you fuse them, lol

I'm just pointing out the fallacy this person incurrs into pointing out that it's breaking the economy not being able of benefiting of an exploit.

And it's actually very profitable if you save enough wards, you could get enough rank 6-7 enchantments to make substantial cash.
    Characters:

• clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Except it's a full-time career trying to "earn" enough AD to exchange for any meaningful amount of Zen. A full-time career for a single parent, no less.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Except it's a full-time career trying to "earn" enough AD to exchange for any meaningful amount of Zen. A full-time career for a single parent, no less.

Well, I've saved enough AD to buy 1k Zen during a week, and I play like 2-3 hours per day, does it buy lots of things?
    Characters:

• kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I"m pretty sure the vast majority of the player base isn't caring about the patch removing 80% of the treasure in zones that they never go to anymore.
  • xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Bye bye *wave goodbye to another whiner...
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you know how Laws are made in this country? Troll

When enough people "whine" about a change that is needed.

I understand a change was needed as they put chest on a timer good job.....3 days later they remove around 75% of all the chest and nodes from the quest lines.

How and the **** is that whining?

Move along Troll.

Well it's going to take significantly more people complaining than you in one thread to get this changed.

Ignoring the fact that how the government works and how a private company works are completely different.
    edited May 2013
    Sure you right the VAST majority of the CURRENT players that are ALREADY level 60 or the players that spend alot of $ and lets not forget the players who have benefited from the earlier HUGE exploits that took ZERO time and effort to do.

If you have read my RANT all of it over a few post .....this NERF is gonna hurt the average player and really hurt the NEW players that will give this game a try. Although I find it hard to believe this game will ever get a bunch of new players ever again.

So atm the VAST majority of the player base probably falls within the "already max level with all my toons and or already rich enough they can buy all there alts equipment from the AH and level up doing PVP.The cash players dont give a rats *** about quest drops to begin with. To finish it off its now NOT worth doing any leveling via the quest lines....just do PVP all the way up.

The new players that arent cash shop junkies and who dont have friends ingame already that will get them what ever they need are gonna suffer. BTW I get it you dont care if thats the case then why did cryptic screw over the other majority of the player base who arent max level and who arent cash shop junkies?

Word

Except that the "average player" isn't you and most of us didn't use this exploit because, you know, it's cheesy to use bugged game mechanics to your advantage and get items in a very short period of time otherwise impossible.
    Characters:

• cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If what the OP is saying is true with regards to node/chest nerf, then maybe it was easier to remove them rather than fix the actual problem.
    Why fix a problem, when a bandaid will do:)
  • noshiznoshiz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    OP doesn't really know what he is talking about. He says that 6 out of 7 nodes are removed, well no one, nowhere said that, not officially at least.
    fs_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
    edited May 2013
    Do you know how Laws are made in this country? Troll

When enough people "whine" about a change that is needed.

I understand a change was needed as they put chest on a timer good job.....3 days later they remove around 75% of all the chest and nodes from the quest lines.

How and the **** is that whining?

Move along Troll.

Laws are made not because people whined. There have been academic suggestions that many of our modern laws were actually political. Elected government enact laws that benefits them politically regardless how many whiners are there. Besides no matter how perfect the legislated law may be, there will always be whiners because of individuality, everyone have their own different perception as to what is right for them. Given that law is my forte and my area of specialization would you like me to educate you on the finer points of the law and it's history??? My free advice to you, don't attempt to bring law into the equation when you are merely a layman when it comes to Law, you might find yourself overwhelmed and reduced to nothing but inane statements.

Frankly speaking, I don't really care about the nodes or chest since the stuffs players actually need comes from Mini-bosses, Bosses and final chest. When I consider the importance of the nodes and chests in quest line, I wonder why the need to rant about removal of nodes and etc??? People who complained and put forward suggestions complete with detail statistics or data to justify their suggestion, I don't call them whiners because they provide valuable feedbacks to explain to the Developer why something should be done a certain way. I on the other hand call the thread poster a whiner because all he did was complain, accuse and then threatens or rather claim that he leaving the game.
    edited May 2013
    Why run the quest now? There wont be any chest or nodes to loot. So all the new players will be told to level up with foundry and PVP and forget the quest lines as there not worth the TIME it takes and the amount of healing POTS. Go pvp get more exp and you dont even have to use 1 healing pot.

There is a difference between reducing the number of nodes/chest and totally no nodes/chest. Get your facts straight. Low to mid level, do you actually need pots??? O_o I find my cleric companion more then sufficient. My first use of pot was at approximately lvl 56... problem???
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why run the quest now? There wont be any chest or nodes to loot. So all the new players will be told to level up with foundry and PVP and forget the quest lines as there not worth the TIME it takes and the amount of healing POTS. Go pvp get more exp and you dont even have to use 1 healing pot.

The XP from quests is much better than PVP and foundry, healing pots drop en masse off of mobs that you have to kill to do said quest, if you are using more than what are dropping you probably need to l2p. An average pvp match takes about 15 minutes. You can do easily 3 quests in that time, if your good you can probably do about 6. XP from one pvp match is about the same as 1.5 quest xp, so yeah your very wrong about this.

It's only worth PVP'ing to level once you are 50 + because the glory you get from it is actually worth it, otherwise the only real reason to do it is to have fun.
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    TLDR; I was exploiting this and now I can't anymore. -RAGE!-

Glad you're leaving, move along..

Or he's pissed about having less nodes and chests to loot when he did nothing wrong?

I wish you were the one leaving, if this is your attitude on the forums.

Personally, I get tons of useful stuff from nodes/chests (like enchantments and the occasional blue professions item) and I can understand why he's upset. I haven't actually played the game since the AH went down again though, so maybe he's over-blowing it. I'll have to log in and find out.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Someone has to pay money actually.
    edited May 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Someone has to pay money actually.

But not you. It's called "a market". Someone doesn't want something and you give them something in exchange for their something. And you're both happy.

There will be always someone willing to bring you that something because someone will have something that they value more than their something.

Something being Zen, kitties, french fries... You name it, there's a market of it.
    Characters:

• stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant believe you NERF that many of the chest and node drops its unacceptable and that my friend is the straw that broke the camels back. I'm done not gonna spend anymore of my time playing this game, but you can bet your *** I will live on these forums ten to sixteen hours a day crying and raging on every thread!

fixed that for you.

In other words you exploited now your raging because the well ran dry.

Good luck playing a game ran by a skeleton crew that lost the man who made RIFt remotely popular in the first place, nothing else has worked for them to bring people in...F2P won't either.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fixed that for you.

In other words you exploited now your raging because the well ran dry.

So, is this how this forum works now? Offer any criticism and you're mocked? If you're not called a crying whiner, then you're accused of being an exploiter? Is it seriously that hard to believe that a legit player would be upset about receiving less rewards from questlines? This isn't even an intellectual form of argument, you're just putting words in his mouth. If your posts contain the phrases "fixed that for you" or "in other words", then you should delete it and try again.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll have to see how those zones are when I level my next character through them, before I can say anything rational about the topic.

But I will say that it ties in to one thing I've been wondering for a bit now..... Foundry has no nodes or chests. Quests run out. And there aren't many nodes in dungeons, plus you have to share them and there's no guarantee your party is even taking the time to loot them. So where are level capped players supposed to find resources for their professions? Sure, you can do projects to harvest the basic stuff (fabric, ore, hides), but what about the green/blue/purple things? Where does one go to farm those, once the quests are done?
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    An average pvp match takes about 15 minutes. You can do easily 3 quests in that time, if your good you can probably do about 6.

...how the heck are you doing 6 quests in 15 minutes? Certainly none of those are instanced...
  • silencebettiesilencebettie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow...I have played a lot of games and I think this is one of the worst communities I have ever see. You people are so quick to hate and be very rude. I can handle some of the games problems but you people are going to be the reason I end up quitting. The white knighting in these forums is at an all time high.