test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Wipe For You

kunzopoliskunzopolis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
@NeverwinterGame just tweeted: I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen.

Have a nice day :)
Post edited by kunzopolis on

Comments

• fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really sad to hear that. I'll ask for a refund now then because I don't see how they have the time, nor the resources to investigate all the way to the headstart. I've seen the so called auctions since then, jus thought it was a graphical bug or something.. I guess some people will get away with the exploit and I really don't want to play a game where they don't take exploits seriously.
  • muddyandmessymuddyandmessy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It doesn't matter whether you agree or not, a wipe will not happen. We were promised no wipes, thus there will be no wipes, and it doesn't matter if you support it or not.

If you really wish for a Full Wipe, then you must agree on NO REFUND upon that wipe.

I levelled hard and worked my butt off an hour or two a day gradually because I am limited in time, and I did that because I was promised no wipe for my characters.. So no wipe should happen.

In addition, it doesn't make your opinion stronger if you 'As a Founder' agreed that the game should wipe, really. I can see a great amount of elitism that is uncalled for in every 'Founder' comment.

Suffice it to say, Cryptic will stand up to their word and there will be no wipe or such. Not even another rollback. Have a nice day. It is sealed, you all will struggle between my words and my foresight, never beyond that.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Epic thread title fail
  • vyshravyshra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Epic thread title fail

I don't know which to believe! The title.. or the thread!
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The move to call it beta combined with taking money at the same time is what is assuring you there will be no wipe. It has nothing to do with that little promise you are viewing as an ironclad statement, and a lot more to do with the fact that their CS team, who cant even handle 30 days worth of email support before deleting them all "in the interest of efficiency" being steamrolled by the sheer quantity of refund demands they would receive if they did wipe. Once money started changing hands, that ship done sailed.
  • xaerostrikexaerostrike Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It doesn't matter whether you agree or not, a wipe will not happen. We were promised no wipes, thus there will be no wipes, and it doesn't matter if you support it or not.

If you really wish for a Full Wipe, then you must agree on NO REFUND upon that wipe.

I levelled hard and worked my butt off an hour or two a day gradually because I am limited in time, and I did that because I was promised no wipe for my characters.. So no wipe should happen.

In addition, it doesn't make your opinion stronger if you 'As a Founder' agreed that the game should wipe, really. I can see a great amount of elitism that is uncalled for in every 'Founder' comment.

Suffice it to say, Cryptic will stand up to their word and there will be no wipe or such. Not even another rollback. Have a nice day. It is sealed, you all will struggle between my words and my foresight, never beyond that.

you really have no **** clue.... /faceplam
  • iceslidefalleniceslidefallen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kunzopolis wrote: »
    @NeverwinterGame just tweeted: I see people saying "wipe" -- do you mean like a complete, beginning-of-time wipe? I can guarantee that won't happen.

It is a BETA... Any "Programmer" who uses that term knows that if you are fixing as you go eventually the DATA will be useless. I feel they need to launch a new server and leave this as the BETA server.

If anyone wants to stay on current server can do what they want. When most players reach the top level they start new characters anyway.

If you switch shards, new character.

The base system needs to restart just like they did after closed beta.

I wont quit but I think if its live start saying we are live. This is the world as it will always be.

Glavin
  • iceslidefalleniceslidefallen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is a BETA... Any "Programmer" who uses that term knows that if you are fixing as you go eventually the DATA will be useless. I feel they need to launch a new server and leave this as the BETA server.

If anyone wants to stay on current server can do what they want. When most players reach the top level they start new characters anyway.

If you switch shards, new character.

The base system needs to restart just like they did after closed beta.

I wont quit but I think if its live start saying we are live. This is the world as it will always be.

Glavin
  • theamorabunnytheamorabunny Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    No reason to spend anymore money now.
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm slowly gravitating away from NW, and this news doesn't make me want to return to the game. I would start on a new server as well, but if they just merge all three shards, the combination of Foundry exploiters, Dupers, GF bug exploiters, AFK pvp'ers, AH exploiters, Cat exploiters, etc... has screwed up the game enough to not make me want to grind for better gear.

I don't see any point to it, it's not an achievement if I work that hard and put that much time in only to be vastly inferior to all of those who simply cheated their way to the same level.

I have my 60s, I had my fun, but this game is quite broken and doesn't deserve any more of my time.
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Foundry exploiters, Dupers, GF bug exploiters, AFK pvp'ers, AH exploiters, Cat exploiters, etc... has screwed up the game...
    None of that affects me, so it certainly hasn't screwed my game.
    edited May 2013
    coggage wrote: »

That's great! Once you get past level 20, we can talk again!

If you don't have a static group, and don't have the time to spend 1-2 hours trying to find the right group comp, and you are stuck with low GS, then you can come talk to me. No one runs T1 dungeons anymore, because everyone is geared with T2 stuff they got from exploiters/dirt cheap off AH because of exploiters.

So my only recourse is to try and 'play' PvP to get the PvP gear to start running T2s, but we all know how L60 PvP goes....

It's a vicious cycle, and now I am punished because I didn't keep up with the exploiter crowd that now all have 12000+ GS. I've been defending this game for over 6 months, and now I realize its broken beyond repair, in part because Cryptic has no backbone. Say that it doesn't affect YOU all you want, just realize that it may affect OTHERS.
  • alaric63alaric63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a hard time understanding how the in-game economy rates all this excitement. It is backward thinking to suggest that the price of a Cat Companion should determine when, or if there should be a Wipe. The silly in-game economy is so trivial that I am left with the feeling that people are just grasping for straws due to buyers remorse.

I'll say it over and over again. The Economy is not the game, it is a part of the game. Give them time to settle things down and all will be well. Adventure awaits, and it's not found in the AH. Play on.
  • bigbradfordbigbradford Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They wipe this week, next week there will be new exploits.
    Get over it cry babies.
  • xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No reason to spend anymore money now.

Then don't?? No one is stopping you.
  • pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013

However a roll back to hour one of play is still on the table.:p
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
    edited May 2013
    ITT: exploiters, and people who are level 15 and think they know everything about the game.
    edited May 2013
    coggage wrote: »

So you don't sell anything, buy anything, etc?
    edited May 2013
    alaric63 wrote: »
    I have a hard time understanding how the in-game economy rates all this excitement. It is backward thinking to suggest that the price of a Cat Companion should determine when, or if there should be a Wipe. The silly in-game economy is so trivial that I am left with the feeling that people are just grasping for straws due to buyers remorse.

I'll say it over and over again. The Economy is not the game, it is a part of the game. Give them time to settle things down and all will be well. Adventure awaits, and it's not found in the AH. Play on.

When a good portion of the best gear in the game can be bought on the AH, the economy is a lot more of the game than you are giving credit for.
  • kasuharikasuhari Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe? Are you kidding? Unlike some people with no life who play the game 24/7, I only have few hours a day to play. It take me a lot of time and grind to get where I'm. Why should I suffer because of cheater and exploiters? What if another exploits happens, wipe again? You guys are ridiculous, I'm glad PW didn't choose to wipe. Stop causing drama about this same topic over and over again. Just move a long already if you don't like the game and upset by it, it's not hard.
    edited May 2013
    kasuhari wrote: »
    Wipe? Are you kidding? Unlike some people with no life who play the game 24/7, I only have few hours a day to play. It take me a lot of time and grind to get where I'm. Why should I suffer because of cheater and exploiters? What if another exploits happens, wipe again? You guys are ridiculous, I'm glad PW didn't choose to wipe. Stop causing drama about this same topic over and over again. Just move a long already if you don't like the game and upset by it, it's not hard.

Dude I have 2 kids and a full time job, I get maybe 5 hours a week to play, and already have 2 level 60s legit. Are we playing the same game? :/

It only takes about 25 hours to cap if you only go through content. If a wipe after 3 weeks makes you want to quit, you weren't here for the long haul anyways. Like Chai said, economy is a huge part of the game, and right now it's terrible for people like me and you. (casuals).

Like I replied to the other dude: Once you get passed whatever level you are and reach 60, come talk to me.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Dude I have 2 kids and a full time job, I get maybe 5 hours a week to play, and already have 2 level 60s legit....It only takes about 25 hours to cap if you only go through content.

So you're happy to give up ten weeks of play? I know I'm unhappy with the idea of giving up two weeks, let alone ten.
  • horrifyingclownhorrifyingclown Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dude I have 2 kids and a full time job, I get maybe 5 hours a week to play, and already have 2 level 60s legit. Are we playing the same game? :/

It only takes about 25 hours to cap if you only go through content. If a wipe after 3 weeks makes you want to quit, you weren't here for the long haul anyways. Like Chai said, economy is a huge part of the game, and right now it's terrible for people like me and you. (casuals).

Like I replied to the other dude: Once you get passed whatever level you are and reach 60, come talk to me.
    "5 hours a week"
    "about 25 hours to cap"
    "2 level 60s legit"
    that takes over 2 months. just sayin'
    edited May 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    So you're happy to give up ten weeks of play? I know I'm unhappy with the idea of giving up two weeks, let alone ten.

If giving up 2 weeks makes you want to leave the game, it wasn't going to hold on to your ADD attention span for too long in the first place.

Yes, I would gladly give up both my level 60s for a new server or a wipe. GLADLY.
    edited May 2013
    "5 hours a week"
    "about 25 hours to cap"
    "2 level 60s legit"
    that takes over 2 months. just sayin'

I have two words for you:

Gateway, Leadership.

That, and when I play, I don't **** around and waste time trying to grind AD. That means absolutely 0 skirmishes, no PvP, and no Dungeons. It's easy to cap, using strictly content missions.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013

so they just as well reset to 1 day after start and still hold their word ;p have a nice day
    but it won`t happen, they don`t take exploits very seriously yes, otherwise gateway would have been closed. it get`s exploited like .. still. and they have nothing to detect it with, or do anything about it, because it`s like a human who does it. but ok scripted.
    they can`t control their gateway, it`s gateway to free diamonds.
    they know it.

it`s too much trouble they would get with reset, and the milkcow is already in, so nothing to do about.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That's great! Once you get past level 20, we can talk again!

I am past level twenty. None of that affects me, and it certainly hasn't screwed up my game.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If giving up 2 weeks makes you want to leave the game, it wasn't going to hold on to your ADD attention span for too long in the first place.

Yes, I would gladly give up both my level 60s for a new server or a wipe. GLADLY.

Charming.

I'm in a similar position to the guy I quoted (i.e. lots of real-life stuff going on, so very little time to play) so every bit of progress I make, and the time expended to make that progress, is pretty precious to me. Plus there's the sense of identity with your character, and their slow steady rise in power, all that. You may be entirely happy to drop everything and level all the way up again, but that simply tells me that you probably have a ton of free time and you don't particularly care about your characters. Which is fine, I guess, but that's not my situation.

It also strongly implies you care more about auction house trading than you do about gameplay (given that all the exploits which make people clamour for a wipe have not, to my knowledge, actually altered gameplay). This is...an odd (albeit not uncommon on these forums) attitude to have in an online game.
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    I would gladly give up my fighting day and start new battle, even no wipe a would move to a new server either, IF they able to fully handle those exploiters and cheaters. I even asking myself why they didn't put any 3rd party anti-hack software?
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have two words for you:

Gateway, Leadership.

That, and when I play, I don't **** around and waste time trying to grind AD. That means absolutely 0 skirmishes, no PvP, and no Dungeons. It's easy to cap, using strictly content missions.

The only problem I see with this is I would have to play the exact same content over again for the third and forth time. Other games have different starting areas where you at least get a different quest path for the first 20 or 30 levels. Neverwinter offers nothing new or fresh if you start over. This turns a lot of people off to the idea of a wipe.