test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A die hard CW begging on behalf of Guardians.

dystarrdystarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Look, I've read the 'known issues with CW's' in the library forum, I realize that over half the CW feats and powers are either not working right or just not working at all, I would LOVE To have some of those things fixed, but before you give any love to us CW's, PLEASE for the love of all that is holy do something for the guardian fighters!!!! Shield block not working? check! Cant keep agro off healer no matter what we do? check! getting kicked constantly from que's because no one wants you, and would rather have an extra cw/dc/tr or even a gwf, who although they may not be TOP dps, are at least meaty and can still keep up with the group? check!
I see fewer and fewer guardians looking for a group every day, and listening to people in guild chat that originally started as guardians and are now lvl 30/40/50 on their cw/dc/tr/gwf, I feel their pain. Please help those guardians out soon!
Post edited by dystarr on

Comments

• dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Dystarr-

We are looking into the issue regarding Guardian Fighter Block and hope to have more info soon. Thanks for voicing your concerns!
  • basement12basement12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey Dystarr-

We are looking into the issue regarding Guardian Fighter Block and hope to have more info soon. Thanks for voicing your concerns!
    glad to hear its being looked into.
  • dystarrdystarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Dez, course its not just the block but the whole agro system and ways for guardians to hold it, but yeah that block would be a nice start ;)

This post and all comments brought to you by the "We Want A Meat Shield To Stand Behind" foundation
    edited May 2013
    dystarr wrote: »
    Thanks Dez, course its not just the block but the whole agro system and ways for guardians to hold it, but yeah that block would be a nice start ;)

This post and all comments brought to you by the "We Want A Meat Shield To Stand Behind" foundation

Aggro is a more complex subject - I don't have a lot of info regarding that right now but I do know that that feedback regarding tanking/healing aggro is something the team is looking at. Right now there are no concrete plans regarding a specific change, but it is something that is being reviewed. Thanks for clarifying. :)
  • notmuchleftnotmuchleft Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know Dez, for all the bugs and issues reported in this game I am much happier playing it than not. I hope for the game's sake you can find answers to many of the issues because I very much want to keep playing it. As a recent game developer graduate from Uni, I am loving the foundry too, it's a great way to practice my very green skills and I hope more and more features get added, such as the ability for us to add our own modeled and textured assets!

To the less than happy out there, try to remember: "If you aren't part of the solution you are just part of the problem."

Peace and good will. :)

p.s. any idea what 3D program your designers use for game assets out of curiosity?
    Only two things in this life are infinite. The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former. ~ Albert Einstein
  • nam19772nam19772 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "no concrete plans regarding a specific change"???
    How about raising GF and GWF base threat generation, for starters? Then from that point proceed to some adjustments.
    We're still in beta, I suppose it would be nice to have such things as aggro fine tuned for release.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Dystarr-

YOU DEVS DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING YOU ALL SUCK WAAAAH RABBLE RABBL-oh, what's that? You're giving me what I want?

Forget what I said love you, k thx.
    nam19772 wrote: »
    How about raising GF and GWF base threat generation, for starters? Then from that point proceed to some adjustments.
    We're still in beta, I suppose it would be nice to have such things as aggro fine tuned for release.

With the way the game works I think it would be better if threat was more active than passive, like with a reworked Mark system, or for ways for clerics to actively de-taunt mobs.
    edited May 2013
    nam19772 wrote: »

Your perspective makes total sense and I definitely get where you are coming from. In this particular situation, there are many interconnected systems and any change along these lines requires some very delicate tuning and testing. It's on our list, though it may be some time before we are able to deploy a potential change and collect feedback on it. Sorry for the wait! Thanks for continuing to share your concerns and feedback. :)
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your perspective makes total sense and I definitely get where you are coming from. In this particular situation, there are many interconnected systems and any change along these lines requires some very delicate tuning and testing. It's on our list, though it may be some time before we are able to deploy a potential change and collect feedback on it. Sorry for the wait! Thanks for continuing to share your concerns and feedback. :)

I'm wondering, will you be holding all these changes (including threat) for the "big" content patch? Among other class related bugs? Or will it just be balance changes and skill rework sort of stuff.
  • solfosolfo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Commenting on the block -- and based on what I've seen in the 'other' thread about cooldowns, lag, etc. -- here's my $0.02.

Unlike most of the other combat abilties block is 'hold to use' rather than 'press to enable'. With that in mind it doesn't make any sense to me that game does not try its damned best to enable block while you hold down the key. It's okay to have cooldown (or slow-ish activation) if need be. It's not okay, in my opinion, for block to not automatically enable while you hold down the key and cooldown expires.

So in my opinion, if I hold down the block, the game should make my character block as much as possible -- e.g. when cooldown passes or character recovers from knockdown or whatever -- it should automatically start to block if I keep the 'block' button pressed.
  • madqhuemadqhue Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are over a month into release and "there are no specific plans" to address the number one gameplay related issue? Really?

Clearly the Zen income is too high for you to bother with completing the game.
  • lothriklothrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solfo wrote: »
    Commenting on the block -- and based on what I've seen in the 'other' thread about cooldowns, lag, etc. -- here's my $0.02.

Unlike most of the other combat abilties block is 'hold to use' rather than 'press to enable'. With that in mind it doesn't make any sense to me that game does not try its damned best to enable block while you hold down the key. It's okay to have cooldown (or slow-ish activation) if need be. It's not okay, in my opinion, for block to not automatically enable while you hold down the key and cooldown expires.

So in my opinion, if I hold down the block, the game should make my character block as much as possible -- e.g. when cooldown passes or character recovers from knockdown or whatever -- it should automatically start to block if I keep the 'block' button pressed.

Agreed, this is a great idea. I actually considered levelling a guardian fighter when I started playing this game. I read the forums first and just saw hundreds of posts complaining about how bad tanking was, so I didn't bother. Ended up basically tanking anyway on my Cleric.
  • thestonedpriestthestonedpriest Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aggro is a more complex subject - I don't have a lot of info regarding that right now but I do know that that feedback regarding tanking/healing aggro is something the team is looking at. Right now there are no concrete plans regarding a specific change, but it is something that is being reviewed. Thanks for clarifying. :)

I am glad for this honest answer TBH. I am a healer and have alot of issues with agro, but have learned to work around it. I am glad you guys are looking into it and would rather know you don't know how it's going to be fixed yet then for you to tell me some lies.

Thanks.
  • xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Just my 2 cents, how about having an Agro meter, something like what we have for damage and etc, except it refreshes everytime there is no battle (that blue circle when you are in battle). That way the developers will easily have an average data to decide how much agro needs to be generated by GF and how much by other class. Things would move faster no?
  • mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    dystarr wrote: »
    Look, I've read the 'known issues with CW's' in the library forum, I realize that over half the CW feats and powers are either not working right or just not working at all, I would LOVE To have some of those things fixed, but before you give any love to us CW's, PLEASE for the love of all that is holy do something for the guardian fighters!!!! Shield block not working? check! Cant keep agro off healer no matter what we do? check! getting kicked constantly from que's because no one wants you, and would rather have an extra cw/dc/tr or even a gwf, who although they may not be TOP dps, are at least meaty and can still keep up with the group? check!
    I see fewer and fewer guardians looking for a group every day, and listening to people in guild chat that originally started as guardians and are now lvl 30/40/50 on their cw/dc/tr/gwf, I feel their pain. Please help those guardians out soon!

Ty Dystarr for bringing attention to this and ty Destravus for reassuring us a fix is coming.
    In the 'guardian fighter block is broken' tread we got trolled by Panderus who was saying it worked as before although he didnt look at it.
  • kevlairkevlair Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a Guardian Fighter, I really didn't notice the threat generation issue to much until I got to Tier 1 and now Tier 2 Epics. Quite honestly I pretty much soloed my way to 60 with the occasional dungeon and skirmish where the mobs are so easy your standard party can beat everything down rather quickly.

With this game being as action oriented as it is, I realize positioning and timing is everything. With that said, it is not unlike the systems in place for the Lancer in Tera. In that game, I had absolutely no trouble locking down either a boss mob or swarms of mobs. Here, even feated for threat generation and Knights Challenge it's near impossible to do what a traditional tank can do in Tier 1 and Tier 2 dungeons.

I love the game and will continue to play but class balance will absolutely need to happen at some point.
    Caslav Macenvanje
    Guardian Fighter
  • talealocktalealock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    If you make a holy trinity game (tank dps heals) I would think it would be the very VERY first priority before you even start making maps that it actually worked? I mean that's a basic core game mechanic.. right? Sure toot your open beta stuff but... you made tanks.. that don't tank... what? Above everything else every other single problem this game has you should make sure your holy trinity actually works! Maybe people wouldn't have to come up with cleric kite strats and multi CW CC rolling to down t2 bosses if your tanks actually were able to do what they are supposed to do (this has been the on going strategy in every t2 I have finished, granted all of these were pugs its what they are doing), and this is also coming from a control wizard.

don't even get me started on having to spend 6 bucks on a respec token because they find out some of my feats DONT EVEN WORK. Charging six dollars to fix what you broke is insulting. I am trying very hard to be patient with this game because frankly I love it, and I think that is pretty much the consensus of everyone I meet but our patience only goes so far. I see fewer and fewer people I meet along the way logging in and I'm seeing fewer and fewer spiders run around. Literally NONE of the guardians or GWFs I met leveling up that I thought were good log in anymore, not on those toons and not on there account, they are done.

(inb4 open beta. Horrible argument, that means they are charging you to test there game its a soft launch that should have stayed in closed beta for several SEVERAL more months. i'm willing to bet any amount of money that PWE had a part in rushing the release I HATE pwe everything they touch turns into a polished <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>)
  • llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good news on the block - it worked!
    I know not everything does & being patient is all good (and most really are just waiting hopefully), but when a previously flawless mechanic falls over, it's just a whole new level of angst.
  • leomutretaleomutreta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too late for me, already lvled a TR and will not go back to my GF even if they fix it. It's not childish, the problem is that I invested a lot of time on the TR already and the feel of acomplishment I have playing it is something I never had with the GF, where every dungeon felt like a endless struggle trying to be usefull, to no avail. Playing a TR, when I join queues, now I am praised instead of kicked... big change!
    I play tank classes since vanilla wow and this is the first MMO that I gave up on them (forced to) in favor of a DPS one.
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Dystarr-

Awesome, thanks Dezstravus and Dystarr!
    Artificer.jpg
  • bonfire01bonfire01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not just agro and blocking activating that's stopping GFs tanking... it's the fact they aren't tanky at all. Block disappears in seconds (literally) in late game content, you take **** near as much damage as every other class except it's easier to dodge area effects when you have a way to move faster rather than trudging out at normal speed and your damage mitigation is only slightly better than other classes.

Passives are of minimal use for increasing survivability... hell foresight on a cleric is better than ANYTHING a GF can get, feats that are survivability orientated are either broken or of little impact (and the broken ones will be of little impact when fixed) and your encounter powers don't do a hell of a lot for survivability. A back hole is a better tank than a GF basically. The only remotely useful part of GF for survivability late is your daily that gives immense lifesteal (requiring damage, not defense to use effectively)

If they ever make it so GFs can easily grab agro on multiple mobs they'll explode anyway at high level unless mitigation improves a lot and Block scales off of a stat you can actually improve rather than a frankly pathetic 15% froma passive and a few powers that give a dribble of restored guard.

As it stands GF is an AoE dmg class with questionable utility and life is easier with another class, maybe even a GWF and they're pretty bad as well.

As a note... GF is somewhat tanky at pre 60 levels, you can get agro pretty easily with enhanced mark, enforced threat and threatening rush + healing with fighters recovery. You just can't tank post 60 regardless of agro management. Get mass agro on uncontrolled mobs and you'll die anyway.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Im not seeing an issue with with my block functionality. Whatever the concept, or the bug, or the patch GFs must be able to participate in T2s.. fixing this or that or what have you must equate to GFs being able to participate in the game.

A group of GFs in D&D is a brutal force......
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's refreshing to read about a dev team which takes measured steps towards game balance and mechanic tweaking. I just have one question...

Where exactly was this attitude when you guys hack sawed the **** out of GWF prior to open Beta?

"...very delicate 'tuning'" my ***.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • auferoaufero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In this particular situation, there are many interconnected systems and any change along these lines requires some very delicate tuning and testing. It's on our list, though it may be some time before we are able to deploy a potential change and collect feedback on it.

I appreciate your honesty and I understand issues like aggro can be complex, but if your backlog queue is such that you can't get around to even attempting to fix the #1 problem with PvE content any time soon, (an issue so broken that it makes two of your five classes essentially worthless in the endgame) it sounds like I need to stop playing for a few months.

You either have so many fundamental problems the game isn't ready for play yet, or my priorities are so out of line with yours that I won't enjoy the game.
  • mievhmievh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

The threat issue has been around for months.

How much longer? Now you announce more ZEN market goods. Those are higher on your lists, isn't it?
    Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
  • vheraunvheraun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    I'm wondering, will you be holding all these changes (including threat) for the "big" content patch? Among other class related bugs? Or will it just be balance changes and skill rework sort of stuff.

I've heard about that patch elsewhere too. Do we have an ETA?
  • f3ral0nef3ral0ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Because art teams and class development are the same people. Jesus use some logic for once in your life.
  • mustgofartmustgofart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Dystarr-

Dystarr so I assume you were able to reproduce the issue we are seeing then? Thank you for the feedback and actually looking into the problem.
    20.jpg
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep aggro all the time in CN on my GF. Don't know what the complaints are about. :S
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope they fix it. It's discouraging to have a GF with a 12k GS and I can't hold aggro over a new cleric who has mostly greens. This was the point where I realized GFs are useless. But my CW is 54 so soon I'll just run Elites with him and shelve the GF until they're fixed. So probably I'll take him out to craft sometimes...