test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5/27/13 Auction House Offline / Midnight Maintenance (5/28/13 00:00 Pacific Time)

Comments

• Options
    infexominfexom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear Devs:

Wipe it. **** near all of us support a wipe. You have records of the money we spent, so just give us all that back in zen, wipe us, and start the game with a beautiful launch. You guys are trying to "save" what you have now, and still make money but what you fail to understand that is if you do not wipe us, seriously, A LOT of your player base will leave. We are pretty patient, understanding that this is a beta... soft launch... whatever, but when it is the actual launch date and all this stuff has not been fixed, you will see patience levels drop VERY quickly, FTP or not.

There are issues all over the place. PVE PVP and the action house. Guys are using tricks from a decade ago to get past your coding, and that is just unacceptable in this age of MMO. Maybe you guys didn't think this game would be successful, or maybe you didn't realize the common expectations of gamers, but we really hope you get your act together. To bring down the servers to fix an AH exploit, just to bring them up again and within days, bring them down again due to an AH exploit... guys, really?

We all know cheaters exist. They have been in MMO's since the beginning of MMO's. It sucks, but it's a fact. However, you guys, which I assume are part of a multi-million dollar company, should be able to outsmart, or at least keep up with the latest cheating methods in regards to YOUR coding. Put some real, determined effort into it because from what we see as a community, you sit back collecting our cash, until an exploit becomes too big to ignore. It's disheartening to say the least.

As a side note, please invest in PvP. Give us SOMETHING to enjoy besides a 25K glory cap, and some lame a** blue item as a reward. If nothing else, at the very least give us the ability to track our K:D! Give us ranks... something. It doesn't have to be monetary benefits, but jesus guys, a title and a record doesn't touch the economy at all.

You made a game, now it's time to think like gamers.
  • Options
    pestilence149pestilence149 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So a dupe is discovered and I am punished for selling runes when I didn't even abuse the exploit?!?! Rage :(
    Foundry Missions ;
    By ; @pestilence149
    Gladiators of Dhara (Easy) & (Hard)
    ELIGIBLE FOR THE DAILY FOUNDRY REWARDS!
    Search by Best : Name/Summary/Short-Code ; Gladiators
    NW-DJJS7OWZI (For easy)
    NW-DPT9I8RKF (For hard)

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome please enjoy!
  • Options
    hurbvonhurbvon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gsnaits wrote: »
    Say what you want. Not everyone can afford to lose all the money spent on the game. I have myself supported the game by buying Zen equal to what a retail game costs. If they decide to wipe, they gonna have to do a refund. I am not gonna say "go ahead and wipe all the stuff I bought for 70$, when I have been plyaying for two weeks". That is wrong. They gonna have to do a wipe at some point, I fully agree, but I am not supporting money spent to be lost forever. Money back or fill up my Zen wallet with what I bought in the first place so I can spend it again.

It's clearly NOT beta, if you haven't figured it out yet. Wiping everything now without some form of refund would create more problems than it solves, belive me.

On previous wipes from betas, all currencies bought were refunded. so you would get back your zen and AD.

Cryptic won't do this because they don't give a fack about you, they only care about the money being made. If they gave us all our zen and AD back, that would be probably a couple weeks where they weren't making any sales. You want to show them your displeasure, stop spending money on the game. But as long as one person buys zen, it makes no fiscal sense for them to do what the player base wants.
  • Options
    infexominfexom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hurbvon wrote: »
    On previous wipes from betas, all currencies bought were refunded. so you would get back your zen and AD.

Cryptic won't do this because they don't give a fack about you, they only care about the money being made. If they gave us all our zen and AD back, that would be probably a couple weeks where they weren't making any sales. You want to show them your displeasure, stop spending money on the game. But as long as one person buys zen, it makes no fiscal sense for them to do what the player base wants.

He's right. The best way to force action, is to stop spending money. When their wallet is hit, it will spark their brain to start working more
  • Options
    gsnaitsgsnaits Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    infexom wrote: »
    He's right. The best way to force action, is to stop spending money. When their wallet is hit, it will spark their brain to start working more

I won't be spending money on this "game" until all major bugs are taken care of. They need to do a wipe, refund all Zen, and yes they won't make as much money for a couple of weeks, but if they don't do this, players will leave the game with a bad reputation and it won't be long before this game is history.

Seriously devs, you take down the AH to fix an exploit so soon after fixing another one and doing a roll back. You know, I know and everyone knows, there will be more exploits. What then, you gonna take down the AH and do more roll backs?

People are already getting fed up with this whole thing, and you don't seem to care too much what the players think. You can't keep doing this for much longer. Get your heads out of your asses and do whats necessary to fix all bugs and making this a playable experience. The only thing you can do is a wipe. Yes it sucks for some people I am sure, but they gonna quit anyway in not too long. People cant stand losing all their hard earned stuff because of expoiters all the time.

Do the wipe. Fix the game. Refund Zen. Do a proper launch of the game.
  • Options
    uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be honest, I just log out and wait when this happens. I don't have the space to play more than an hour without running out of space and, frankly, I don't think I should have to buy more bag space just to make sure I can play while the auction house is down (again) without losing out on auction access/profits.

No offense, PWE/Cryptic, I know you're doing your best... but given how eager many are to exploit currency and auction systems, I'd like to think the auction house and currency mechanics get much closer and skeptical testing than it seems they do at present.

In fact, it would be comforting to hear that your QA team is specifically building MIS-use test cases for duping, forms of currency and entry manipulation, validation on all player-entered fields (rules for submission), etc. I know it's more work, but this really needs to be done. You cannot afford to have too many more of these, seriously; no, not even in an open beta. The loss of confidence is increasing exponentially with each one.

Thanks for the update.

o.O you dont buy bag space for ah being down its somthing you need in general lmao..
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • Options
    arnoxnewpoxarnoxnewpox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fact that people were able to dupe stackable items [keys] greatly devalues all of the zen spent on keys by normal players. This is going to flood the market with all the most desirable cash shop items, this is not good for your bottom line Cryptic.

The $200.00 founders have only been playing this game for a little over a month, you have to understand that most MMOs have a lifespan measured in years. You have to do something about this catastrophic failure, the only course of action is a wipe or a new server.

:edit

p.s. I still want the cape after the wipe, its awesome. :)

Arnox
    Dragon server
  • Options
    uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grimmaldi wrote: »
    I've alpha or beta tested games since 1997 and they've all ended with a wipe prior to actual launch. I'm still hoping Cryptic decides that, even though they have stated a wipe wouldn't be implemented, a complete wipe is necessary for the integrity of the game.

My family has multiple accounts, characters, and time invested and we full support a wipe for a better game at launch.

except for the elite players dont want to spend 40 days grinding the same gear again.. let alone trying to make another set of rank 9 radients for their gear... this would take forever an i would rather just go start somthing new then spend 2 months getting back to where i am right now... let alone where i would be at launch...
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • Options
    k0llz77k0llz77 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uncag3d wrote: »
    except for the elite players dont want to spend 40 days grinding the same gear again.. let alone trying to make another set of rank 9 radients for their gear... this would take forever an i would rather just go start somthing new then spend 2 months getting back to where i am right now... let alone where i would be at launch...

I completely agree with you! (Even though..Damage Dealing classes desperately need to be leveled) :mad:
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM PERFECT WORLDS SUPPORT SITE :

Why can't I purchase ZEN for a beta?

Any game released by Perfect World Entertainment that is in a "beta" phase, will not be allowed transfers of ZEN because those servers will be wiped and restarted once the game goes live and the ZEN shop opened for the game. If the only characters you have on your account are for a game that is in it's beta phase, you will run into the error telling you that your account does not have a level 10+ character on it.

We do not allow purchases to go to games in a "beta" phase because typically the beta is only for testing purposes to get the game ready for a commercial release (meaning it can go live to the public). We will allow payments for ZEN and transfers to these games once the beta is completed and the game releases the ZEN shop.

abeloth99 wrote: »
    Hey all ... to those that are cranky.

What is BETA???

When a new product, such as a software program, is created or upgraded, there are several stages in development before the manufacturer sells it commercially. The first stage is an "alpha" version, in which software testers within the company test and debug a program as necessary. A "beta" version is the name for the second stage, in which it is often released for free or at a reduced price to a group of external users for additional testing. Websites also commonly go through this phase during development, to see how well they function for a large user base.

Restrictions or Limitations

Although the beta version of software might include much of its functionality, it is not usually meant as a commercial product. Companies might be allowed to use a graphics program in beta, for example, to create new images or products, but they cannot sell what they create unless they pay for a commercial license. Computer games, especially online games, often go through beta testing to find bugs and ensure it will function properly at release. While people can usually play in these tests for free, once the testing is over, they have to pay for the commercial release of the game to play it again.

Technical Support

Products in beta often have limited, if any, technical support available to users. This can be frustrating for some people, but is a consequence of the fact that the product has not yet released commercially. Since users are not paying for the program, frustration based on poor customer service is usually forgiven as bugs and errors disappear with each patch or update. Some products remain a beta version for years, during which time they may be used by a wide audience as if they were full versions.

Usage in Website Development

A beta version can also refer to a website that is made available to test its features and gain audience feedback. During this time, certain features might not function properly. This process is often used to ensure compatibility between the code for the site and different web browsers and computer systems. Beta version sites are frequently first placed on secret domains that are only available to their test audience, before being transferred to their real domains for public viewing and use.

Origin and Other Usage

The word "beta" comes from the second letter in the Greek alphabet and originated with early hardware tests for International Business Machines (IBM) computers. It has entered common usage, especially among frequent computer users. "Beta version" is often applied as a slang term to refer to any product or service that seems unready for mainstream release, especially as a criticism for something sold commercially.

Purpose and Different Types

The beta version of a software release is considered to be a preview; though it may include many standard features, it is not yet ready for wide release or sale. During this phase, the developers collect feedback from users about the product's functionality, including what they like and what should be changed before its wide release. A beta version of a program can be either "closed," which is limited to a specific group of users, or "open," which is available to the general public. During this testing, developers might release numerous versions of a program, including improvements and bug fixes with each iteration.

If you spent "REAL" money ... you did it knowing the game was in BETA.

Take a breath, they are working on it.

Abeloth
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Definitely time to put pressure on this company because like everyone has seem to said they are collecting our RL cash and literally doing nothing to fix any form of pve or pvp glitches, I doubt I will ever spend another dime especially if my account isn't unbanned just quit the game in general and find a better game like Rift to play when it becomes free to play June 12. Fix your god **** game and stop punishing us as a community for your epic fails.
    Foundry Missions ;
    By ; @pestilence149
    NW-DJJS7OWZI (For easy)
    NW-DPT9I8RKF (For hard)

• Options
    iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They could wipe- at least that way they'd prove not only did they fail to fix a dozen exploits we reported before the game went live, but that they also lied about there being no more wipes.

And thousands of chargebacks would occur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hurbvonhurbvon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uncag3d wrote: »

Yeah, because if you are fully geared with rank 9 radients... what do you have to do right now? There is no end game content......
  • Options
    zenigralzenigral Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unable to Authenticate, well guess I wont play before work
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Already almost considering that dude no joke I'm already feeling like that :/
    Foundry Missions ;
    By ; @pestilence149
    NW-DJJS7OWZI (For easy)
    NW-DPT9I8RKF (For hard)

• Options
    alwaysoutofbodyalwaysoutofbody Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LEarn to just enjoy playing the game and forget about progression for a minute or two :-)
  • Options
    wildoneleewildonelee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand , in STO this same stuff went on , you would think you would have implemented those fixes in this game , or is this just a game you play to mess with us ?? well , i'm about to move on from this one too , I have already moved on from sto .... bugs and more bugs ... down time and more down time .... no bag space .... no AH and now u have even cut down the AD the gods gave , lame ....
  • Options
    voidishawvoidishaw Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So did they start mantenance 2 hours early or what.. can not authenticat..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    now I can't even log in cause yet another bug UNABLE TO AUTHENTICATE omg !!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    can anyone recommend a real game ??
  • Options
    zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    wildonelee wrote: »
    can anyone recommend a real game ??

Real Life HD
  • Options
    senathynsenathyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the information, dezstravus.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So IM not the only one getting the Unable to Authenticate, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Need me a can of Raid to handle all these bugs!
  • Options
    rayge2012rayge2012 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guess they started early with their authentication server. Thanks for the advanced notice.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The account service is temporarily down, please try again at a later time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rayge2012 wrote: »
    Guess they started early with their authentication server. Thanks for the advanced notice.
    SURPRISE! 0.0-p
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    looks like CO is still up but that takes a good week or so to get used to the cell shading,

I just feel lucky I spend most of today playing with my screenshots.... I added my panther to my siggy
    I think its cute that Pyrose over in my beta chars likes like What that... how come the panther made her actual char list and I didn't...

yeah im waiting on dragon born to make Py since she was a dragon born paladin in my 4th ed game she always had a huge sword so I figured GWF was good in beta I had her as a tiefling but then when I heard dragon born were probably on the next few races agenda I figured id wait.

So if they do roll back I didn't really do much of note. what do you think they will call this one Phoera Friday Gemorial weekend rollback.... though if they do a thing my hope is they don't give a goodie pack that just seems to make people mad. I suggest give a zen bonus to people buying zen with real money/pointcards this will counter all the AD and items being duped with zen by increasing the zen/ad ratio.
  • Options
    valthis1valthis1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zenigral wrote: »
    SURPRISE! 0.0-p

Not really, with PWE...
  • Options
    chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh my! I luv auction house, I can't live without Auction house! D: MAMAAA!!
    (fan boy crying mode)
  • Options
    evildutchtvevildutchtv Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man, it's so annoying to see people whine about this.. It's a danm beta deal with it, some people realy think that Cryptic work for them if you see the comments. I'm pretty sure that the people that whine have never developed a game or will develop a game because they really don't know what they are talking about. Playing games is not the same as 18 years ago sadly enough, the new generation of gamers (well can't call them real gamers) use cheats / exploit to get further ingame. Just appreciate like the most of us do for what they are making for us, i know i do because even though it's a beta it's also a awesome game. Others should appreciate it for what nw/pw and Cryptic are doing for us and stop crying about the problems, rome is not build in one day.

PS: You guys from Cryptic might also look into that Queue system because i'm getting annoyed from searching a dungeon for 40 min and getting kicked because they need a healer.. Make dungeon Queue search for a minimum of one healer before you can start a dungeon.