test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5/27/13 Auction House Offline / Midnight Maintenance (5/28/13 00:00 Pacific Time)

123457»

Comments

• frequentfreak890frequentfreak890 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just a game
  • evildutchtvevildutchtv Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you are stupid, the game isnt in beta... its allready launched or call it "soft launch" ergo the game shoule NOT be broken so bad!
    Normaly there is a wipe after a beta, and perfect world normaly doesnt allow zen purchases while beta!

So what does this all tell you?

Stupid, like in stupidity.. Makes sense since you sir do not have your facts right. Yes they do a wipe after BETA, and they did to launch the OPEN BETA.. Have seen multiple games that allowed players to buy stuff in a OPEN BETA also with PW. They didn't release the Full Game yet else they will not tell people on the website "NOW IN OPEN BETA". Have to give you credits, it was a nice try ;)
  • odainekromosodainekromos Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Stupid, like in stupidity.. Makes sense since you sir do not have your facts right. Yes they do a wipe after BETA, and they did to launch the OPEN BETA.. Have seen multiple games that allowed players to buy stuff in a OPEN BETA also with PW. They didn't release the Full Game yet else they will not tell people on the website "NOW IN OPEN BETA". Have to give you credits, it was a nice try ;)

wow you still belive its open beta? lol you are such a fool that gets manipulated by every "offical ****" they post?
    Every normal MMO does not allow you to purchase stuff in beta and IF they do you get it back to realease and normaly there is a wipe AFTER open beta to release... but not in this game... because its LAUNCHED!!

God please grant people brain -.-

you can also read in the faq/support page from perfect world that you CANT BUY ZEN in BETA stages of their games.... if you can buy its properbly been released...
  • deuspingudeuspingu Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you surely missed all the dupe bugs and exploits... literally billions of AD got duped and the econnomy is flooded with exploited items/gear...

Define.

Once equipped an item is bound and exits the market and economy, so any gear obtained by exploit is a short-term issue. The bigger issue of exploiting to create billions of AD (currency does not exit the market as it is not bound and can always be traded) was, for the most part, fixed by the last rollback. This is specifically why the rollback was necessary.

Even though there are lingering effects, this doesn't mean the game is broken badly (unless you define the game as being the market and economy, which to me is the lesser aspect, the greater being character progression and customization, and quest, area, and dungeon content).

The core understanding is that bugs are presumed to exist in all software everywhere and always will. There is no such thing as provable bug free software. What matters is not that bugs exist but that they are fixed according to their severity and the time it takes to fix them, and that severity is determined not by expected behavior but by end functionality and end-user experience. So far as I can see, Cryptic is working hard to address every bug in a timely manner - hence all the recent downtime and maintenance.
    edited May 2013
    wow you still belive its open beta? lol you are such a fool that gets manipulated by every "offical ****" they post?
    Every normal MMO does not allow you to purchase stuff in beta and IF they do you get it back to realease and normaly there is a wipe AFTER open beta to release... but not in this game... because its LAUNCHED!!

you can also read in the faq/support page from perfect world that you CANT BUY ZEN in BETA stages of their games.... if you can buy its properbly been released...

Well I'm just glad that Google didn't wipe my Gmail account after finally releasing it after the long open beta.
  • evildutchtvevildutchtv Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You talk like you know me in person, call me stupid, call me a fool.. You sound like my ex.. (your not my ex right?).. Anyway, you really think that a company putting this much effort into the game forget about the main website and update it?..
    edited May 2013
    General survey:

As a game development company, you need to prioritize your work efforts. It's a simple fact that you cannot work on everything at the same time. Given this restriction, prioritize the following list in order of most important to least important:

Home/Product Website design
    Updating FAQs and information pages
    Fixing small bugs in game server code that can be patched fairly quickly
    Fixing small bugs in gateway code that can be patched immediately
    Fixing moderate bugs in game server code that may require maintenance/downtime of up to 1 hour
    Fixing major bugs in game server code that may require maintenance/downtime of up to 4 hours or more
    Fixing quest chain and game scripting errors that prevent completion of individual quests
    Fixing minor graphical issues in game client software that require patching of up to 50mb
    Fixing major graphical and terrain issues in game client software that require patching of up to 1gb
    Fixing typographical and transcription/translation errors in game client files requiring a small amount of patching < 10mb
    Parsing community feedback through dedicated bug-reporting channels
    Parsing community feedback and updating community through official game forums
    Designing update content and events

This is not an exhaustive list.
  • arimaibasarimaibas Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deuspingu wrote: »
    It is necessary to store at least some timestamp, because you cannot guarantee a regular polling interval to update the auction time remaining.

...snip...

Agreed, and nicely put.

I would personally be hesitant to make significant changes to the schema to support this, especially post-launch, but then I'm generally a pessimistic doom-sayer when it comes to crashes. Leave that sort of change to a patch that has been thoroughly vetted on a PTR.
    Class guardian extends fighter{
        var threat = 0;
        var dps = 5;
        var usefulnessInEndgame = 0;

function main(){
            if(!dead){ die(); }
         }
    }

• dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance is complete! Neverwinter is back, and the Auction House is available once again!
  • scatheukscatheuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    And when will Gateway be available?

EDIT: It's up.
  • arimaibasarimaibas Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Maintenance is complete! Neverwinter is back, and the Auction House is available once again!

Well that can't be right.... it's been less than 4 hours... :P
    Class guardian extends fighter{
        var threat = 0;
        var dps = 5;
        var usefulnessInEndgame = 0;

function main(){
            if(!dead){ die(); }
         }
    }

• zinszins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks for the hard work guys keep it up:)
  • astraramos#4703 astraramos Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2023
    t