3rd Silence for WTS in Zone

13»

Comments

• Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stop spamming then, it's annoying.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Imo if you want to WTS/WTB spam a chat channel do it in a level appropriate zone.
    Are you people attached to some umbilical cord that does not allow you to leave Protector's Enclave?

This is the place where new players are attempting to receive legitimate help as they adjust to a new game but cannot do so because max level players have this goofy attachment to Protector's Enclave.

I log in and out in Protector's Enclave and spend the rest of my time in a level-appropriate zone and only return there when Sergeant Knox summons me or when it is time for my Hero to rest for the night.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bori4 wrote: »
    Sounds about right :D I I can see it 3 times in the same screen, its spam.

That's what I go by as well.
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    mkesdmkesd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I propose a knock-down no-holds-barred rock-paper-scissors cage match. Winner takes all, and gets to decide all future zone rules.

Ok, so who wants to go first? :D

I'm not interested. I go into the game now, and make my Protectors Zone chat a quiet place, without repeating trade spam messages. See you.

Or not.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uhmm already stated my opinion on this before in some of the other threads... but this one has something that makes me wonder...

in this game you can only use gold to buy pots, so gold traders are extremely suspicious, as there is no use for gold other than buying pots, i wonder what they do with the gold :/
  • Options
    gohlargohlar Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    There really is no debate here. The current system has caused most reasonable people to leave chat and is a troll's dream come true. Not sure how anyone can be blind enough to not see the problem here but some people manage to still do it. I don't know if the people who think giving trolls this much power is a good idea are just new to online games, trolls themselves who enjoy reporting everything or are simply just really stupid but yeah, this is a joke.

Anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together knows it's a problem and is surprised to see such amateurish design. For the people blindly defending stupidity, use your heads for once.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Nice nerdrage.

That is nerd rage? Your the one that sounds like nerd rage....
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Today makes the third time, in 5 days I have been silenced for WTS ads in Zone. Not spamming. 1 publish every minute or two. Which in zone is a minuscule amount. Other people spam FAR more. And yet everytime without fail. I get spam blocked. Got blocked for 2 messages today. Offering up an Epic from a Nightmare Box. 2nd message, 1 minute later and I get spam blocked. This is getting ridiculous. I don't troll. I don't spam chat. I'm a good player who just had a few items to sell. It prevents me from talking to my guildies for our daily runs, they get mad and think I'm ignoring them. Can't reply to sale offers. Talk to my family and IRL friends I play this game with. I understand it's in place to block against gold spammers. But for ****s sake. Your customer service reps could at least review the tickets when they are submitted. Or hire more CSR if you don't have the manpower. ****, I already put my Resume in! This system is overused and abused. You need more GM's. And your GM's need to respond to players. Not like GM's make a good check. Your company cannot be THAT broke that you can't afford to hire a few dozen or so more gm's. Can you?

I'll tell you this, if you did your WTS in a block of spam like this post here of yours, I would report you for spam. I don't care if it's once every minute, if your text in /Zone is 5-6 lines long in my chat box, it's spam.

Use the AH!
  • Options
    insubstantialinsubstantial Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Hey OP have you ever considered that people who are starting the game don't want their first exposure to high level items in the form of a spammed shopping list as soon as they enter the zone? Quite frankly I don't want to see your **** shopping/sales list of Epic items shoved in my face every time I enter the Protector's Enclave... I'd like to see those items when I get to that point in the game.. I don't want to even see the name of em... Do you realize how much you cheapen the experience for people?
  • Options
    theboatapetheboatape Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whenever I'm hanging around in PE with a few minutes to spare I /report spammers and /ignore trolls.

I consider it a public service.

:cool:
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    theboatape wrote: »
    Whenever I'm hanging around in PE with a few minutes to spare I /report spammers and /ignore trolls.

I consider it a public service.

:cool:

LOL I see it as a sort of mini-game. How many can you report so all you see for 5 minutes are real questions in zone chat. :) BTW, the longest I've gotten zone chat cleared for normal chat is 30 seconds.
  • Options
    vf1veritechvf1veritech Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Create an account to sell your stuff for gold. If it gets chat banned, create a new one, rinse and repeat as needed. Then just trade your gold back to your main. Zone chat has always been a viable way to sell stuff when there is no specific Trade chat incorporated in the game, all the people in this thread are QQ-ing too much.
    I like people buying keys for gold in Zone chat. That's usually how I make my gold. When I'm running low I convert my AD from AH to Zen buy a few keys, and then sell for gold.
  • Options
    thehighcounselthehighcounsel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Yea, while I don't report anymore (exception bots), but we need a trade channel bad. I hate not being able to see anything interesting going on in chat because of all the trading/group spam, also I just want it be sloweer so I can actually read anything at times. I kow right now the AH is down so people can trade all they wantr in zoen for all I care, but that won't stop a lot of other people from reporting:/ Also to the guy who trades for gold? What value is there in gold? I know potions but I have almost 200 gold and I am buying potions on a normal basis, crafting **** and whatever else, gold is soooo easy to get it is dumb.
  • Options
    nuncainvernonuncainverno Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lately one of my favorite things to do when I'm waiting for a queue is to report anyone who writes the same sentence in less than 1 minute.

I love to punish spammers like the OP.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2013
    Lately one of my favorite things to do when I'm waiting for a queue is to report anyone who writes the same sentence in less than 1 minute.

I love to punish spammers like the OP.

Pretty much.

It seems pretty obvious to me why people get silenced.
  • Options
    pinchyskriipinchyskrii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No gold on the auction house was intentional as it was planned to be worthless.