What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5-27-13 Auction House Temporarily Offline

Comments

• Options
    rfarjrfarj Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My only doubt is, when beta ended, will be a wipe-out or not, if so the zen invested will be returned or lost.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, everyone complains about the bids expiring while the AH is down, and I agree. Part of the issue is the post cost. I know a lot of us just want to post at the buyout price, because that's what we really want from it, but 5% of the most price in addition to 10% of the ultimate sale price means that if you post your starting bid at the buyout price, you're eating a total of 15% of the total transaction as a net loss. This kind of cost funnels astral diamonds out of the game, leading to deflation (though, considering each character can theoretically channel 40k per day in, that's probably necessary), and also prevents arbitrage scenarios (that is, if keys or zen or whathave you are X cheap to produce in terms of AD, then the price of those items will revert on the AH to reflect that price to create, because otherwise people will just buy up the resources to produce them and then sell them on the AH to turn a profit).

I think that there should be a posting cost discount to people who just set the bidding price to 0 (that is, buyout only). Like, perhaps you still pay the 5% listing price, but then that listing price is deducted from the 10% cost sale price, so that the net transaction cost is only 10% instead of 15%. People would still be out their list price when stuff like this happens, but instead of losing an item that they set the bid for 50% of its value, they'd instead just be out the 5% list cost, which is a lot less painful.
  • Options
    potter27potter27 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so any info about rollback?
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rfarj wrote: »
    My only doubt is, when beta ended, will be a wipe-out or not, if so the zen invested will be returned or lost.
    The devs have said definitively that there will NOT be any more server wipes.
  • Options
    damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This has nothing to do with duping. It's someone who had a lot of time doing chest farming but since it has been addressed with the recent patch, they decided to dump all their stacks on the AH.

It was an exploiter that got mad because PWE patched his fun away.
  • Options
    chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm guessing they are fixing the AH count down. Once it goes below 1 min, you can't bid on item. I was trying to ninja a bid and discovered that.
  • Options
    propingproping Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All - Currently we are not planning on performing any rollbacks. We'll keep you in the loop as the investigation progresses.

This is good news.
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hank41 wrote: »
    BE very CAREFULL , another rollback and ALOT of players "I'm one of them" will leave and JOIN RIFT when it goes F2P. I cant lose another 8 hours of gameplay and get only 1 usefull item in compensation "the OVERPRICED 4k AD return scroll's the rest was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Rift is safe to play I mean if there is another rollback then I'm sure that opens the door for more of them down the short road. I mean every weekend another Rollback. I played Rift for 30 days free then quit after 21 of them because it wasnt worth the $15 a month, but its worth it to F2P. Also there alot MORE friendly with the bank and inv slots ...sorry but there are!
    Look one page back dip. A dev stated there will not be a rollback.
  • Options
    stormpoet01stormpoet01 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm guessing they are fixing the AH count down. Once it goes below 1 min, you can't bid on item. I was trying to ninja a bid and discovered that.

Not true... i have seen other bids on items with only 10 seconds left when i couldn't anymore and they said its cuz they are investigating an exploit.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I forget, did they say they wouldn't do any rollbacks last time before ultimately doing rollbacks?
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, everyone complains about the bids expiring while the AH is down, and I agree. Part of the issue is the post cost. I know a lot of us just want to post at the buyout price, because that's what we really want from it, but 5% of the most price in addition to 10% of the ultimate sale price means that if you post your starting bid at the buyout price, you're eating a total of 15% of the total transaction as a net loss. This kind of cost funnels astral diamonds out of the game, leading to deflation (though, considering each character can theoretically channel 40k per day in, that's probably necessary), and also prevents arbitrage scenarios (that is, if keys or zen or whathave you are X cheap to produce in terms of AD, then the price of those items will revert on the AH to reflect that price to create, because otherwise people will just buy up the resources to produce them and then sell them on the AH to turn a profit).

I think that there should be a posting cost discount to people who just set the bidding price to 0 (that is, buyout only). Like, perhaps you still pay the 5% listing price, but then that listing price is deducted from the 10% cost sale price, so that the net transaction cost is only 10% instead of 15%. People would still be out their list price when stuff like this happens, but instead of losing an item that they set the bid for 50% of its value, they'd instead just be out the 5% list cost, which is a lot less painful.

You do realize you get the posting fee back when your item sells right?
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alaric63 wrote: »
    "AH Down" is a crybaby magnet. I think it would be entertaining if they randomly brought it down just for the tears. Play on.

agreed. it's a **** beta test people. look it up.
  • Options
    innateattrocityinnateattrocity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not at all. Plenty of games let you buy early and play the beta. Even just using MMOs as an example, I paid for a month of VIP for Age of Wushu during the closed beta, not even an open beta like this one. If you pay money for something during a beta you're saying you're willing to take the risk that something might happen because you know it's a beta.

omg how many times do i have to post this, BEFORE you go saying its our own risk etc blah blah blah you should read perfect worlds support page and get your facts straight.

TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM PERFECT WORLDS SUPPORT SITE :

Why can't I purchase ZEN for a beta?

Any game released by Perfect World Entertainment that is in a "beta" phase, will not be allowed transfers of ZEN because those servers will be wiped and restarted once the game goes live and the ZEN shop opened for the game. If the only characters you have on your account are for a game that is in it's beta phase, you will run into the error telling you that your account does not have a level 10+ character on it.

We do not allow purchases to go to games in a "beta" phase because typically the beta is only for testing purposes to get the game ready for a commercial release (meaning it can go live to the public). We will allow payments for ZEN and transfers to these games once the beta is completed and the game releases the ZEN shop.

So which is it, is this game in a beta phase? if so, the zen needs to be refunded. If its not, hold your hands up and say ok its bad programming and was released to early. Stop spurting our <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about beta.
  • Options
    innateattrocityinnateattrocity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    agreed. it's a **** beta test people. look it up.

try looking at what perfect world determine beta actually is before you run rampant mate.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shaudius wrote: »
    You do realize you get the posting fee back when your item sells right?

You do? That doesn't sound right. I could have swore you lose 5% on the post cost, and then another 10% on the sale price.
  • Options
    mrcatchymrcatchy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

I apologize, though we currently do not have the functionality to prevent auctions from expiring while the Auction House is down. We are working as quickly as possible to complete the steps necessary to bring it back up again. Thanks for your understanding.

Wonder why you always take down the AH when the Zen prices is at the lowest? to push them back up so that your getting players to buy Zen for real money ?
  • Options
    mrcatchymrcatchy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All - Currently we are not planning on performing any rollbacks. We'll keep you in the loop as the investigation progresses.

Thats what you told me last time to.. but you did a rollback and i lost my Nightmare mount and 3 t2 items.. And you know what? I still havent got my Nightmare mount back. doubt i ever will get it back
  • Options
    rayge2012rayge2012 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you know, sending a mass in-game mail when things go down could be most helpful, instead of hearing things through the grapevine.
  • Options
    sirhitmansirhitman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrcatchy wrote: »
    Wonder why you always take down the AH when the Zen prices is at the lowest? to push them back up so that your getting players to buy Zen for real money ?

The prices are likely down this much because of the exploits getting lots of AD and they then buy all the Zen's they can.
  • Options
    kartosathentia1kartosathentia1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope there will not be an other roll back. :[
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sirhitman wrote: »
    The prices are likely down this much because of the exploits getting lots of AD and they then buy all the Zen's they can.

If everyone's BUYING zen with AD, then that would drive the price of Zen UP not down. Whenever you buy zen with AD, that takes the lowest listing. Thus, only the higher priced listings are left. Ergo, when someone goes to list zen, they see higher prices, and therefore charge those higher prices (or, more likely, slightly lower than the higher prices).

I'll grant that the AD exchange doesn't always seem to conform to traditional economic logic for one reason or another; I'm on Mind-flayer, and I didn't see any catastrophic jump in the cost of zen in terms of AD back before we had the big AH exploit last week.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    omg how many times do i have to post this, BEFORE you go saying its our own risk etc blah blah blah you should read perfect worlds support page and get your facts straight.

TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM PERFECT WORLDS SUPPORT SITE :

Why can't I purchase ZEN for a beta?

Any game released by Perfect World Entertainment that is in a "beta" phase, will not be allowed transfers of ZEN because those servers will be wiped and restarted once the game goes live and the ZEN shop opened for the game. If the only characters you have on your account are for a game that is in it's beta phase, you will run into the error telling you that your account does not have a level 10+ character on it.

We do not allow purchases to go to games in a "beta" phase because typically the beta is only for testing purposes to get the game ready for a commercial release (meaning it can go live to the public). We will allow payments for ZEN and transfers to these games once the beta is completed and the game releases the ZEN shop.

So which is it, is this game in a beta phase? if so, the zen needs to be refunded. If its not, hold your hands up and say ok its bad programming and was released to early. Stop spurting our <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about beta.

Thanks for the feedback! I've passed the article along for a potential update; it appears to be leftover from a previous Beta that occurred before Neverwinter. To clarify, Zen transfers are available for Neverwinter, the Zen Market is available, and there are no plans for a character wipe.

Thanks for requesting clarification!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    At a certain point, you should probably just stop calling it Beta. If there are official stances on "Beta means no zen purchases! And character wipes will occur!" then it becomes confusing when there's a distinction between Beta and "Open Beta."

Clearly, it should be called Gamma. Or Delta. I forget what comes after Beta.

Seriously Tomu, go educate yourself!
  • Options
    sofoxaysofoxay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrcatchy wrote: »
    Thats what you told me last time to.. but you did a rollback and i lost my Nightmare mount and 3 t2 items.. And you know what? I still havent got my Nightmare mount back. doubt i ever will get it back

No, they said there would be no "reset", but never ruled out a "rollback"! And if a "rollback" is necessary to keep the economy from tanking, than let it happen! After all, leveling in this game is nowhere NEAR as laborious or long-winded as a LOT of other MMO's, so regaining a few levels isn't hard to do, no matter what level you're at.

I do sympathize with those that happen to get a "Nightmare Inferno" and than lose it with a rollback, but please keep in mind, that while something like that may happen to a few folks, thousands more are protected, so to speak, if a rollback is determined to be the best course of action. While I didn't agree with ONLY a 7 hour rollback last time (Personally, I favored a complete wipe to get the "bad AD" out of the market entirely), it was necessary to balance the economy of the game itself.

Let's hope a rollback isn't necessary, and that the AH will be back on line sometime soon to soothe all those that have items up for sale. But please REREAD the OP and understand that "stopping the expiring times" isn't something they have the ability to do. If your auction is set to expire while the AH is down, it will expire, and if a bid was made, than it will be sold at the expiring time. Which reminds us all that if you are afraid of your item selling too low, than don't post an Opening Bid below what you will accept if there isn't any heavy bidding on your item! This way, those that hunt the AH for "bargain basement" starting-bid prices, at a bid set to expire soon won't have the advantage. Set your price to the MINIMUM you would want the item to sell for!

My 2 AD worth. :)
  • Options
    thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the feedback! I've passed the article along for a potential update; it appears to be leftover from a previous Beta that occurred before Neverwinter. To clarify, Zen transfers are available for Neverwinter, the Zen Market is available, and there are no plans for a character wipe.

Thanks for requesting clarification!

Yeah, oops. Let's quickly change the language before more people call us out!
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will you reimburse ad for posting i paid for 5 days not 4 and a half or 3 days.
  • Options
    antonn131313antonn131313 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hear a rollback will fix everything.
This discussion has been closed.