test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5-27-13 Auction House Temporarily Offline

Comments

• robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I'm not taking any chances. I lost enough legitimate stuff in the last rollback.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • shuugishuugi Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azmaria12 wrote: »
    Thats what happened to me, I got ripped off and other ppl got enchant stones for like 1-5 AD that were up in the hundreds and thousands! I put them in there, they had a few bids on them and then it went down and by time it came back up my stuff was sold for the pennies it was in there for with 4 days remaining because no one could bid. Now i have stuff in there and on the last day of its bidding its gonna go down so I am going to get low AD for stuff worth more again! I am done using the AH in this game.

teaches you to not be cheap and put stuff on there for 1ad bids
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

I apologize, though we currently do not have the functionality to prevent auctions from expiring while the Auction House is down. We are working as quickly as possible to complete the steps necessary to bring it back up again. Thanks for your understanding.
  • deathsreachdeathsreach Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah some info would be nice people are going nuts on the servers, creating panic and drama. I have not been able to check progress on tickets in 2 days, have had 2 bugged mails since last AH crisis was fixed and now this. Leaving players in the dark is wrong, especially when a lot of us have spent real money on the game.
  • xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shuugi wrote: »
    teaches you to not be cheap and put stuff on there for 1ad bids
    I loled, cheap <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> deserve it
  • thannonrathannonra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just finally got something in game to sell on the AH and recieved the profit this morning... first real amount of Astrals I've had since I started playing. I hope I don't lose it all...
  • gsnaitsgsnaits Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is so far from being finished. It should not be live in it's current state. If you do a rollback every other day, people actually lose a lot of money on it. Honest players wanting to support the game. If you do another rollback, people should get a full refund on money spent. Take the servers down, fix all big issues and test it properly! Right now it feels like you only released the game to milk gamers of their money, and you don't actually care if they have a good gaming experience.

If you do the refund and fix the game so it's actually playable, I'm sure people would start playing and spending that money again. Myself included.

And for the love of god, give some more info to players. Every time you got an issue you don't say a **** **** what's wrong, how long it will take to fix.
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What a wonderful birthday present to me! *sigh* Hope you guys can figure it out and get it fixed with no trouble :) Love this game!
  • squeezoid13squeezoid13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sooooo many BIRDS!!!!!!!..... what the hell!!!....i know people gets like 2093820938 million chest, but everybody is getting the bird now?????
  • wtscat30gpstwtscat30gpst Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So much baseless speculation and terror once again.
  • randomone777randomone777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Logged off as I'm just not willing to be rolled back again.

While you're fixing this exploit, maybe you'd be so kind as to look into the one where PvP players are locking client side timers so they have infinite stamina and no cool-downs?

Also, please consider getting rid of client side timers and such completely; not only is it poor coding practice, it's one of the root causes of most exploiting abilities.... but you know this (so why did you do it this way?).
    Maniacal mage making magical messes; mercifully, made mostly of menaces.

Helpful links:

Morbic's channel list
    - Guide - Custom Channels and List
  • smokey158smokey158 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just spent the last couple of hours hard at work on my main, please tell me i wont lose it all
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    The game is good and I spend real money on it like a drunken sailor, but I'm starting to have VERY serious reservations about spending much more time/money on it.

Exactly this........
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All - Currently we are not planning on performing any rollbacks. We'll keep you in the loop as the investigation progresses.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gsnaits wrote: »
    This game is so far from being finished. It should not be live in it's current state. If you do a rollback every other day, people actually lose a lot of money on it. Honest players wanting to support the game. If you do another rollback, people should get a full refund on money spent. Take the servers down, fix all big issues and test it properly! Right now it feels like you only released the game to milk gamers of their money, and you don't actually care if they have a good gaming experience.

If you do the refund and fix the game so it's actually playable, I'm sure people would start playing and spending that money again. Myself included.

And for the love of god, give some more info to players. Every time you got an issue you don't say a **** **** what's wrong, how long it will take to fix.

If they're dealing with an exploit then they can't say anything about it, as for how long, they got burned on that with their estimate of 1 hour last Sunday, they aren't about to give an exact time until they're absolutely sure.
  • clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ Thanks for the updates, appreciated.
  • killz2manykillz2many Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I feel like there is no point to play without the AH.
    Killz2Many ~ Greatest Weapon Fighter ~ Dragon Shard
    game-of-thrones-dani-burn-deal-with-it.gif
  • indomafiaindomafia Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be best, IF you send those items in Auction House back to its owner before you disabled it.
  • phychotictripsphychotictrips Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well It should be live they just shouldn't be making money from it till they had it all down.. seems once you start selling things your pretty much saying it's out of beta....
  • melvingonzomelvingonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    indomafia wrote: »
    It would be best, IF you send those items in Auction House back to its owner before you disabled it.

Can't be done, simply because there are auctions which already have a bid, meaning you can't take it down. It wouldn't be fair to those bidding. That's just one thing.
    ihP5DNl.jpg
  • dorner001dorner001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    had bid for items for about 900k AD when they desided to shut down the AH. Only got mails for half the stuff back... Lost approximately 400k AD because of this. Whoever did this i hope he burns in hell...
  • janzzonjanzzon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any updates on this?
  • dracanos2013dracanos2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe we'll get another <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cape and some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> items that lvl 60 players have no use for.
  • afancy400lbsafancy400lbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well It should be live they just shouldn't be making money from it till they had it all down.. seems once you start selling things your pretty much saying it's out of beta....

Not at all. Plenty of games let you buy early and play the beta. Even just using MMOs as an example, I paid for a month of VIP for Age of Wushu during the closed beta, not even an open beta like this one. If you pay money for something during a beta you're saying you're willing to take the risk that something might happen because you know it's a beta.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sure wish i could transfer that bonus xp i got.
  • crimsonseacrimsonsea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe we'll get another <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cape and some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> items that lvl 60 players have no use for.
    ^ +1
    Also to add i'd love a new & UN-abused server to play on soon as well while we are ordering.
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    crimsonsea wrote: »
    ^ +1
    Also to add i'd love a new & UN-abused server to play on soon as well while we are ordering.
    I'd laugh and love it if it were a cape that dropped other capes (like the Robe of Useless Items) that vanished after a while.
  • azmaria12azmaria12 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't being cheap. A ton of people put them up for 1AD and 5AD to let people bid what they think is a fair price since most of the enchant stones of lower lvl are all over the place with pricing. Put them in there for high people tend to just overlook them. It is the expectation that the price will balance out come the last day of auction. If no one can bid on the stuff then it isn't balanced. They should have thought about the legitimate people just trying to sell their stuff and either returned it to whomever put it in the AH or froze it until the AH came back up.
  • cerebral79cerebral79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All - Currently we are not planning on performing any rollbacks. We'll keep you in the loop as the investigation progresses.

Thank you! i hope that it stays this way.. fingers crossed.
  • rfarjrfarj Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My only doubt is, when beta ended, will be a wipe-out or not, if so the zen invested will be returned or lost.
This discussion has been closed.