test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gwf!!

crypticfailcrypticfail Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I think the best thing to do right now is stop playing until they fix classes. I cant even do any t2 Dungeon even my Guild, Friends they dont want me in party. How sad that they want me make another class like Rogue Wizard or Cleric which is i dont like those class. Warrior or any 2h sword class is favorite in any MMO but this is the worst one.
Post edited by crypticfail on

Comments

• Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You need better friends mate.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Not the friend the class they just saying the truth about this class. I understand that. Well it is wht is so ill wait till they fix it. Hopely:(
  • Options
    whargoul23whargoul23 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do t2 dungeons with a gwf friend of mine and we have no problems. Maybe its your friends or your build?
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You need 2 things.
    1. better friends
    2. more skill ^_^
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »
    You need 2 things.
    1. better friends
    2. more skill ^_^

MOre skill? I killed a lot in pvp on my stun lock build and undefeated party. Common guys take off your mask dont lie to yourself
  • Options
    iy0tiy0t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MOre skill? I killed a lot in pvp on my stun lock build and undefeated party. Common guys take off your mask dont lie to yourself

Dont listen to them mate it wasnt you. They never been there so they dont know how it is and they are Rogue ok!!
  • Options
    haytershayters Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with you OP. I have mained a GWF since closed beta, and its sad. In closed beta we were kings, borderline broken. But now we are garbage. If anyone else says so, would love to see your gear/ build cause i call bull****. It's not that were completely broken and unplayable, it's how faceroll broken the other classes are.

Also just a side note, you friends might not want to bring you along because your stunlock spec. I doubt your forking out money to respec so I'll assume you're running stunlock on pve.

If any of this came off as sounding like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I apologize, wasn't intended =(
  • Options
    haytershayters Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I went back and leveled one of every class to 60 and got them in t2, ( GF and CW still in t1). And the difference in experience of leveling and gearing A GWF compared to the other classes was just hilarious. I can always come in top 2 DPS on my GWF which is fine, but even then, 99% of this community,(it seems) would rather have any other class.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hayters wrote: »
    I agree with you OP. I have mained a GWF since closed beta, and its sad. In closed beta we were kings, borderline broken. But now we are garbage. If anyone else says so, would love to see your gear/ build cause i call bull****. It's not that were completely broken and unplayable, it's how faceroll broken the other classes are.

Also just a side note, you friends might not want to bring you along because your stunlock spec. I doubt your forking out money to respec so I'll assume you're running stunlock on pve.

If any of this came off as sounding like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I apologize, wasn't intended =(

thanks tht you understand me just not like others, eyes opened but they were blind. About my spec i already did i have skill ready for pve and pvp so thts not the problem not my build.
  • Options
    theliethesametheliethesame Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    one question : Destroyer or Instigator?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    one question : Destroyer or Instigator?

I used to be Hybrid put some point on stunning flourish to get some extra crit and 1 second stun. but right now im pure dps so Destroyer!!
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I use a GF which inst great in T2 but my friends, whom i know irl could care less what build i run. They just want to party together... if your peeps wont party with you because of a build, that just stinks mate and im sorry.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I used to be Hybrid put some point on stunning flourish to get some extra crit and 1 second stun. but right now im pure dps so Destroyer!!

Pure dps PvE wise is Instigator,If you have atank in your group that can keep aggro, you can avoid AoE ground effects, 50% power passive is better that 25% power when only slam is up. Destroyer might be a slightly better in single target, but since this is almost never the case, Instigator shines in PvE. I would recommend you to give it a shot, you have nothing to loose.

Not that you will be able to compete a TR, but you will do more dmg , and you will have and additional buff for your group.
  • Options
    charmingprodigycharmingprodigy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pure dps PvE wise is Instigator,If you have atank in your group that can keep aggro, you can avoid AoE ground effects, 50% power passive is better that 25% power when only slam is up. Destroyer might be a slightly better in single target, but since this is almost never the case, Instigator shines in PvE. I would recommend you to give it a shot, you have nothing to loose.

Not that you will be able to compete a TR, but you will do more dmg , and you will have and additional buff for your group.

You must be joking. Instigator better then destroyer? I'd love to see your parsers that can prove that. Quite honestly sounds like something you heard someone say and you took it as fact.

At the op. After around 10 days in game play time I shelved my GWF. Leveled a TR and the difference is huge. Busted my butt trying to beat TR's in dungeons with my GWF but as TR I can just move around with holding down duelist flurry then being top dps every time. As always some people will be blind "No the class is fine you just suck!" "Run with a guild/friends" which doesn't solve the problem just gimps your group. Then the "I ran with a GWF he did great dps!" DPS doesn't mean a thing when a CW can push 90% of the mobs into a pit.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You must be joking. Instigator better then destroyer? I'd love to see your parsers that can prove that. Quite honestly sounds like something you heard someone say and you took it as fact.

At the op. After around 10 days in game play time I shelved my GWF. Leveled a TR and the difference is huge. Busted my butt trying to beat TR's in dungeons with my GWF but as TR I can just move around with holding down duelist flurry then being top dps every time. As always some people will be blind "No the class is fine you just suck!" "Run with a guild/friends" which doesn't solve the problem just gimps your group. Then the "I ran with a GWF he did great dps!" DPS doesn't mean a thing when a CW can push 90% of the mobs into a pit.

Not something I heard , something I tested. I lvld up as destroyer, wanted to try Istigator (50% power passive seems way too much in theory), and I did. Even though its just 3 days now using it, I can say for sure that if executed good, Instigator will give you better dmg than Destroyer for sure.And it will scale more with higher gear.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not something I heard , something I tested. I lvld up as destroyer, wanted to try Istigator (50% power passive seems way too much in theory), and I did. Even though its just 3 days now using it, I can say for sure that if executed good, Instigator will give you better dmg than Destroyer for sure.And it will scale more with higher gear.

None of this matters when you get instantly kicked from any group you try to join solely because you are a GWF. Good thing I re-rolled to easy mode rogue, now I am popular.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Anecdotal evidence without any numbers isn't going to make anyone believe what your saying here, especially since its' the opposite of what hte forumites believe.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    Anecdotal evidence without any numbers isn't going to make anyone believe what your saying here, especially since its' the opposite of what hte forumites believe.

Give me evidence of the opposite then. Because useless screenshots of 1 dungeon doing X ammount of dmg with a spec isnt considered as evidence, but if you want numbers here it is :

100% uptime on 50% power > 20% uptime of 25% power (when slam is up).

5% more dmg and crit on every power (at-will, encounter,daily) >10% dmg on at-will only
    Your turn
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    hayters wrote: »
    It's not that were completely broken and unplayable, it's how faceroll broken the other classes are.

Occam's razor says you forgot to take your tablets today, or you're trolling.

Edit: l2English
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    None of this matters when you get instantly kicked from any group you try to join solely because you are a GWF. Good thing I re-rolled to easy mode rogue, now I am popular.

I know, but thats something you cant deal with. Mostly because more will be like charmingprodigy, ignorant pricks having opinion in everything even if they havent touched it. I mean as it goes for T2, I have done most of them many times as GWF, its not like its impossible. Yet you dont have TR's damage or Wizard's utility, but there is a place for you especially if it is a friends group. (45% defense reduction debuff is a good excuse for example)
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll say it again, as I have on other threads. I won't roll without a gwf in the group, when I'm on my cleric. If I'm on my rogue, the other cleric I run with has higher defense, so gwf isn't needed quite as much. But, I'd still rather have one in group always.

If I get adds on my cleric, I call to the gwf to get the adds. They drop quickly, and I live to heal.

Of course you're going to have high dps running around hitting duelist's flurry constantly. But, that dps will be on one mob, not all of the adds. The cleric will still be getting owned. GWF takes care of that.

I think it's just the community complaining that the gwf is underpowered, because he is, at low levels. Now, everyone is complaining, even if they haven't played the class. It gets better, if you know how to play the class.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF isnt suppose to be top dps. you are a hybrid class you are ment to take the pressure off the healers and tank/kill the adds. You function like a CW does but instead of ccing and knocking back the adds you tank them. We as a guild run a proper group. We run 1 of each class and each member knows they role their class is suppose to fill. IE CW CC and gather up the adds so the GWF can tank and dps them while the GF and TR are on the boss and the cleric heals..... Know your role and knowing is half the battle.
  • Options
    possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP, pay no attention to folks saying you need "Skill" in a video game. That's like stating people that play games have learned leadership skills playing them, It's a joke, and another topic.

The problems with the GWF are well known. A lot of us know how good the GWF was before the nerf but the developers couldn't have 2 great AOE characters so one was nerfed, way too much in my opinion. Skills do not work as intended, feats are very weak, look at our gouge compared to a rogue bleed, pathetic. threat is a joke, gathering mobs together is so hilarious compared to other class skills, our is more like a tap on the shoulder and asking if SOME of the mobs around us would come closer, the broken stats combinations are also laughable.

Still, the GWF does it's job now as the developers have intended, to give lesser support damage to the favored CW. The numbers the developers get are skewed as the devs themselves state the GWF is "Inline". I ask, inline with what?

The developers using the term "FEEL" as the new sexy term to describe the GWF woes isn't encouraging either.

We all know what the developers need to do un-nerf us, but then we would dominate in pvp. Grin.
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • Options
    possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know, but thats something you cant deal with. Mostly because more will are like charmingprodigy, ignorant pricks having opinion in everything even if they havent touched it. I mean as it goes for T2, I have done most of them many times as GWF, its not like its impossible. Yet you dont have TR's damage or Wizard's utility, but there is a place for you especially if it is a friends group. (45% defense reduction debuff is a good excuse for example)

45%? That is funny. let me check the last time that reduction worked...oh, it doesn't!
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • Options
    charmingprodigycharmingprodigy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know, but thats something you cant deal with. Mostly because more will are like charmingprodigy, ignorant pricks having opinion in everything even if they havent touched it. I mean as it goes for T2, I have done most of them many times as GWF, its not like its impossible. Yet you dont have TR's damage or Wizard's utility, but there is a place for you especially if it is a friends group. (45% defense reduction debuff is a good excuse for example)

I'm ignorant because I don't agree with you when evidence has all pointed to destroyer being far better? Again I ask PROVE it. Show us some of your parsers that show destroyer being weaker. What's that? You don't have any and are completely blowing smoke. Before you insult prove your point instead of insulting like some child who got butt hurt when asked to show his evidence.
  • Options
    machinegunbluesmachinegunblues Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GWF needs a buff. Sure. Don't I know it.

With a name like 'crypticfail' though, I can only believe you're here to troll rather than add anything constructive.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm ignorant because I don't agree with you when evidence has all pointed to destroyer being far better? Again I ask PROVE it. Show us some of your parsers that show destroyer being weaker. What's that? You don't have any and are completely blowing smoke. Before you insult prove your point instead of insulting like some child who got butt hurt when asked to show his evidence.

I told you above l2read, or not there yet at your school?
    100% uptime on 50% power buff> approximate 20% uptime on 25% power buff
    5% dmg and crit on all skills (at-will,counter,dailies) >10% dmg on at-wills
    Also wicked strike 5% more dmg for every target it hits is the best AoE buff GWF can gets.Destroyer has none.

Don't worry, its simple math, you will learn them if you ever get middle school brat :)
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually feel your pain.......I simply LOVE the gwf class...from all other mmo's i played....I love the big sword guy...BUT...unfortunately i learned from perfect world.......ASSASSIN CLASS or go home:(

I do hope they buff the gwf, make him on par with the rest....and not just a alt for fun char...:(
    Seriously if they make a gwf epic...i'd retire my rogue^__^
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also if you want proof so bad, dunno if a screenshot will convince anyone, just did a hc pirate run, here is the result
    http://imgur.com/kPBel3w
    kPBel3w

P.S
    You are ignorant because you have an opinion about a paragon you havent even tried. You played GWF for 3 days at 1 paragon path, rerolled to TR, and you think you know everything. If you want to have an opinion on something you should at least try it first. Otherwise thats the definition of being ignorant

Edit: 2nd pic mad dragon till last boss (there atm)
    http://imgur.com/qUVHIoB
    In both pictures i had wrong passives (did PvP and forgot to change back), so i could do a lot better.
  • Options
    broodmama21broodmama21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14
    edited May 2013
    Also if you want proof so bad, dunno if a screenshot will convince anyone, just did a hc pirate run, here is the result
    http://imgur.com/kPBel3w
    kPBel3w

P.S
    You are ignorant because you have an opinion about a paragon you havent even tried. You played GWF for 3 days at 1 paragon path, rerolled to TR, and you think you know everything. If you want to have an opinion on something you should at list try it first. Otherwise thats the definition of being ignorant

Edit: 2nd pic mad dragon till last boss (there atm)
    http://imgur.com/qUVHIoB
    In both pictures i had wrong passives (did PvP and forgot to change back), so i could do a lot better.

This is T1 dungeon