test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5-27-13 Auction House Temporarily Offline

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Everyone,

The Auction House has been taken offline temporarily to troubleshoot an issue. We'll let you know when it's back up!

-Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

Q&A

Will the timer on auctions continue to move forward while the Auction House is offline?

I apologize, though we currently do not have the functionality to prevent auctions from expiring while the Auction House is down. We are working as quickly as possible to complete the steps necessary to bring it back up again. Thanks for your understanding.

Will there be a rollback?

We are not planning a perform any roll backs at at this time.
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    Now its duping messing up with the economy. *sigh*
  • myatzimyatzi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More rollbacks, more exploits, more fun... -.-
  • kipitsyaboykipitsyaboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was just about to buy 99 Rank 4 Enchantments for 50,000 AD.

Unable to search for items. ARRGGGGHHHH!
  • pissonyoutoopissonyoutoo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • xploitforumxploitforum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So.. I'm scared to play right now :O Don't want another rollback
  • foolsyoufoolsyou Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sob ah gone 10s after i get outbidded on a belt with 5 min left for 20k worth 100k I dont even want to play today if your going to do another roll back.
  • dandamisdandamis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope you guys suspend the time table this time - when I post items I post them with full expectation that the bid duration will be available for bidding - when 1 low bid is on an item with a lot of time on it and then it goes offline with no chance for anyone to bid higher, the seller gets screwed...
  • ipwnyoudieipwnyoudie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please Cryptic for the love of god ..... do NOT.....i repeat.....do NOT rollback.
  • janus408janus408 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Will you please let us know asap if there is going to be a rollback. Had intended on playing for a few hours today, but if there is going to be a rollback, obviously I would rather not.
    image.php?u=98731135&type=sigpic&dateline=1402362156
  • daikiraikoidaikiraikoi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This ^I dont care about anything else :)
  • ahordeofkittensahordeofkittens Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    price-is-right-bob-barker-fail-sign.jpg
  • kargisterkargister Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good, give time to let diamond prices go down on the exchange with no one buying....
  • cassini4903cassini4903 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    janus408 wrote: »
    Will you please let us know asap if there is going to be a rollback. Had intended on playing for a few hours today, but if there is going to be a rollback, obviously I would rather not.

Seconded. +1
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

We haven't confirmed any issue yet; the AH is offline as a precautionary measure as we investigate the situation to see if there are any problems. If any issues or bugs are identified we will let everyone know as soon as possible.
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    price-is-right-bob-barker-fail-sign.jpg

Exactly. PW is the definition of the word. The game is good and I spend real money on it like a drunken sailor, but I'm starting to have VERY serious reservations about spending much more time/money on it.
  • rogu3a3rorogu3a3ro Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    We haven't confirmed any issue yet; the AH is offline as a precautionary measure as we investigate the situation to see if there are any problems. If any issues or bugs are identified we will let everyone know as soon as possible.

please for the love of god let this be fixed shortly and with out a rollback... i cant bear having to play the same few hours of content as the same toon again (T.T) ...

that and i just posted a lot of wards and a few other things to the AH and cant afford to repost them if my consignments get reset :(
  • shaedousshaedous Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I've to agree with this, too.

EDIT: Also a suggestion: should such things happen in the future, could you add a notify feature for players just logging in (at least I haven't noticed anything)? What I mean is that it should notify players when they login that there's something going on, such as "The AH is taken down for addressing an issue". The zone chat is completely unreadable because of half of the players are asking if AH is down or not, and the other half is answering that it is taken down. Not that Zone chat wasn't unreadable anyway.
    Keira Shortcloak@shaedous, lvl 60 Trickster Rogue, Beholder - I feel bad for being a FotM abuser, really.
  • mrvisa1000mrvisa1000 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you please let us know asap if there is going to be a rollback? So we don't waste our time playing in the next hours. Thank you.
  • hamoct72hamoct72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    game fail of the week... this game is going down in the MMO history as the most broke game ever. Seriously every othe rday is a GAME BREAKING HACK. I love playing the game but what the F?!?! IP ban the cheating ****s that are ruining for us people who payed money and are having fun!
  • atgar1138atgar1138 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Everyone,

The Auction House has been taken offline temporarily to troubleshoot an issue. We'll let you know when it's back up!

-Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

I hope it will only take an hour or maybe a bit more, thanks for the info!

Just a friendly note here: If you decide to keep it offline until the issue is solved (and might take days) then keep the expiry times on items as it was when the AH went offline and do not let all the items expire. (people having items with stupid bids would go crazy again)
  • alaric63alaric63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "AH Down" is a crybaby magnet. I think it would be entertaining if they randomly brought it down just for the tears. Play on.
  • daikiraikoidaikiraikoi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hamoct72 wrote: »
    IP ban the cheating ****s that are ruining for us people who payed money and are having fun!

They need those people, because they don't actually have a bugtesting team. Again, it's all about the money. :(
  • torrenz1torrenz1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please freeze auction timers. If you're going to hold unannounced downtimes without ETAs at least don't make us pay for it.
  • ibsy0uibsy0u Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YES, plz FREEZE auction timers, lost so many AD last time because they didn't do that...
  • liquidc86liquidc86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    exploitwinter ftw
    nothing to see here
  • someguy313someguy313 Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Wow wish I would of come here sooner. Just got my CW to lvl 60 and bought some Zen to gear her up with purples. Then I see AH is down. That is fine but PLEASE DO NOT roll back again. In the end you hurt the good honest players the most. If I have to do the 5 levels I did today again I'm going to be very upset.
    PWN (GWF) - <Lemonade Stand> Live Streaming PvP on Twitch
  • cursedfarcursedfar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

U looking for bugs ? : try search engine not working + items going on negative timer

Heres a good percaution : write working code ! no sloopy it kinda works <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    untill u guys fix "the litle things" this **** is gona keep hapening
    Stop being lazzy
  • kingnewbskingnewbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I normally don't complain about things like this, but I have some pretty expensive things on the AH with just a few hours to go. Any way to make sure our bid prices aren't artificially lowered due to this downtime?

Gotta give those ninja bidders a few min to strike!
    [Beholder] - The Crimson Queen - Trickster Rogue
  • tokooltokool Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think its a good thing they froze it I saw the zen exchange dropping was afraid of anothe exploit and/or rollback but instead of closing the server they decided to close the AH to see if evrything is alright if there was a problem with AH this time there prolly wont be a rollback since they closed it right away I rather lose AH for prevention then having a "cat"astrophe
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    cursedfar wrote: »
    U looking for bugs ? : try search engine not working + items going on negative timer

Heres a good percaution : write working code ! no sloopy it kinda works <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
    untill u guys fix "the litle things" this **** is gona keep hapening
    Stop being lazzy

Says the person who can't take five seconds to use spell check. . .:cool:
This discussion has been closed.