test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer swimsuit, bikini fashion items, (maybe wings if possible)

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Red wizard energy drink, gives you wings!
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are winged elves in The Forgotten Realms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    devostifdevostif Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Don't say NW has no plans cause you don't know what stuff they have planned

I guess I should have put, " and if NW has no plans to implement this." The first "if" was meant as an "if" for the whole sentence, my wholehearted apologies for any miscommunication or misunderstanding. I would never want to give the impression that I know what NW is or is not going to do. :)
  • Options
    talealocktalealock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure the OP is trolling. If not then no. Just no.

Swimsuits and stuff? That's something terrible games do when they run out of ideas and are just trying to squeeze out a bit out of the few remaining saps left, granted this game will become that SOMEDAY so maybe you will get your wish when there is one server left and they can't even fill that one up. Even WoW hasn't had to stoop that low yet.
  • Options
    koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    No! This is not TERA! Go play there if you want that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As long as female Halflings and Dwarves dont look like 12 year old girls. Complete with Orc's in pedo bear suits. We will never be mistaken for Tera.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    koldmiser wrote: »

This.

Tera is exactly like that, you see little tiny girls tanking with swim suits on all the time. Play that.

people in swimming trunks and bright yellow glasses with a toy hammer as a weapon... its a slippery slope when you stoop that low
  • Options
    hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    How about in-universe ones? :rolleyes:
    The_Dark_Queen_of_Krynn_Coverart.png
    tumblr_lvp2xb1ZTg1qd846zo1_400.jpg
    Ad%26d_pools_of_darkness.png

kidding, somewhat

So it is part of the lore. I don't see why there are issues if it is part of the lore.
  • Options
    theamorabunnytheamorabunny Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    talealock wrote: »
    Pretty sure the OP is trolling. If not then no. Just no.

Swimsuits and stuff? That's something terrible games do when they run out of ideas and are just trying to squeeze out a bit out of the few remaining saps left, granted this game will become that SOMEDAY so maybe you will get your wish when there is one server left and they can't even fill that one up. Even WoW hasn't had to stoop that low yet.

> Implying
    > Never played DnD PnP to know that sorceress wore extremely skimpy outfits.
  • Options
    kharniskharnis Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In medieval times, bikinies didn't even exist. :rolleyes:

Not that I have an opinion on this idea one way or the other, but I should point out that if you're going to use the medieval age as the litmus for what should and shouldn't exist in this game, then every single female character wearing armour and wielding a weapon should be removed.
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kharnis wrote: »
    Not that I have an opinion on this idea one way or the other, but I should point out that if you're going to use the medieval age as the litmus for what should and shouldn't exist in this game, then every single female character wearing armour and wielding a weapon should be removed.

While we're at it, let's get rid of orcs. Those didn't exist in literature until centuries later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    koldmiser wrote: »

Well, PWI had them too.
  • Options
    vaako21vaako21 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want speaking ponys in bikinis!
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    > Implying

Don't know what D&D you played, but I have been playing since the late 70's and aside from the cringeworthy art of the mid 80's Sorceress's were not forced to wear skimpy outfits. Just because some old perv draws em that way doesn't make it Canon.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    swamprat40swamprat40 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My vote would be NO.
  • Options
    hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    swamprat40 wrote: »
    My vote would be NO.

Care to indulge us why?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hycinthus wrote: »
    Care to indulge us why?

Cleavage, its like Kryptonite to nerds. They love it, but proximity weakens them and procs a confusion spell.
  • Options
    tokkiratokkira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they need to fix a few hundred game affecting action items first....
  • Options
    ali495ali495 Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    A summer festival type of thing would be interesting. But not with bikinis and other... non high-fantasy, medieval type of items.
    sallee132 wrote: »
    im really sick of this skimpy armors/fashions in every MMO game.I hope those sort of fashions will never be presented to Neverwinter (especially <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Wings),go play perfect world or something if u want to look like freaking fairy.I like elegant fashions that are present in Neverwinter,i want that playing this game reminds me on NWN original and NWN 2 and not some other MMO.There are no bikinis in NWN so simply NO.I know that this is an MMO but also this is forgotten realm game.U and other people that want this in game clearly didnt played any of "forgotten realms" games

I'm with you on this. I love how the female characters actually wear gear that looks defensive instead of bikinis all the time. However, this is really going to be up to the buyers. If people with female characters are buying skimpy clothing and want them then it's whatever. I do hope the metal bikinis can be fashion items that people purchase rather compared to it being the normal, "Here's the male version of this item. It's awesome and you won't die if attacked! And here's the female version. It mostly covers your nipples."
    When the cold of winter comes starless night will cover day,
    In the veiling of the sun we will walk in bitter rain.
    But in dreams I can hear your name,
    And in dreams we will meet again.

<3
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think some of you don't know the meaning of FANTASY. Characters in D&D have been wearing skimpy clothing for years.
  • Options
    ali495ali495 Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    I think some of you don't know the meaning of FANTASY. Characters in D&D have been wearing skimpy clothing for years.

I don't think it's an issue if I want my female characters to actually look like they're capable of fighting either, is it?

Related; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTGh0EMmMC8
    When the cold of winter comes starless night will cover day,
    In the veiling of the sun we will walk in bitter rain.
    But in dreams I can hear your name,
    And in dreams we will meet again.

<3
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    > Implying

I don't care about skimpy. did I say skimpy?

swimsuit_hero.jpg

you said swimsuits. I don't mind skimpy.

CONTEXT!

You start with wings and swimming gear you end up with tera. Don't turn this fabulous game into another korean cutey happy fluffy game. There are plenty of those.
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm taking a deep breath so I don't fly into a rant. But no, I would not like to see anything like this in Neverwinter. There is nothing more immersion breaking that seeing modern clothes in a medieval fantasy setting.

Speaking from a female gamer's perspective, I think the armor and clothing in Neverwinter is wonderful. My female fighter is fully clothed with no skin showing, it's a wonderful change from the norm, where most female characters look like strippers or prostitutes.

So I'm sure you meant well OP, but I really, really hope they never implement anything like this in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    I think this is D&D not DOAX :D I think Tera has cornered the market on pervy action combat anyway ?

PS if I have learned anything from box art over the years it's that when there is a mostly naked girl on the cover, the game is usually ****e anyway.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    riesj74riesj74 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't mind a theme... but a summer bikini event???... no thanks. Make it a Worship to <insert name of a summer God> festival or something :)
    Hell, if you are going for the skimpy clothes thing... i think medieval times had dibs on skimpy clothes at parties.
  • Options
    iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No swimsuits, swimsuits break immersion!

Plate mail bikinis, and loincloths for the males- those are lore appropriate and get my two thumbs up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    haerthguardhaerthguard Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A general fashion upgrade wouldn't be a bad idea. I like the idea of choosing from interesting and characterful outfits.
  • Options
    centrificcentrific Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As many have already said, skimpy clothing has been a staple of the fantasy genre practically since its inception. D&D has followed this same style. I'll agree that bikinis/swimwear are probably pushing it a bit though.

Interestingly enough, even the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon, which was aimed at children, had the female acrobat dressed in a fur "bikini" while the female thief had a short skirt and thigh-high boots.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wish this was my priority....