test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Epic Temple of the Spider - WTF are the Dev's thinking?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voltus5 wrote: »
    I understand the Devs put the voice chat thing in for people to use it.. But they dont.

honestly people are starting to leave neverwinter because if things like this..

You Just cant scale a dungeon in this way where most of the Trash is more challenging then the first 2 bosses but the last boss is 1000% harder then anything else..

its called Scaling and Tuning.

I think they got sick off ppl bugging her well fine we cant do that and cant punt off the ledge but it seems to me they took away the middle hole and didnt bother trying to do it themselves.

its just stupid to have such a high spike in Difficulty at the final encounter.

it should be doable with ANY composition ( providing reasonable dps and CC). I should technically be able to do this at 9500 GS and some skill but as it stands its too random with the heals from adds going into her web. I am also a cleric and can Kite the adds but lets say a mage casts singularity and she puts a triple web down below it, she heals from 60% to 80% in like 2 seconds and there is nothing you can do about it.

IM going to try with the a full guild run tomorrow with the strats you mention here.. but it doesn't change the fact that the Tuning of her Healing needs a tweak if you are going to make it impossible to send the adds to her bottomless pit.

what good is voice chat when it's a crapshoot that all 5 people in the gropu speak the same damned language.
  • Options
    einzikeleinzikel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys, OP here.

Thanks to all of you (Yes ALL of you) for posting.

From the Trolls, to the actual advice.

I know most of you say PUGs=Death but I can't stress enough how well the group went. They were all very good players and I was happy to be running with them. We talked and formed plans about how to do the various fights... we just couldn't get though all the trash on that end boss.

That said, thanks to you all I have a few more Ideas on how to do this fight now... But that doesn't mean that this encounter is "Correct" in any fashion. When I think of a Boss fight.. I'm not thinking of complete utter chaos of adds, on adds, on adds WITH more adds a side of adds... and if you have time, one guys that has more health then all of them with a unique character model.

When I think of a boss fight, I want to fight a BOSS.. not Adds. Add fights are all the Trash mobs leading up to the bosses door are.

Still after some sleep, I don't feel the rage of a thousand fiery Taco Bell Burritos any more.. so maybe I will give it another shot.

Still for those of you that didn't see it...

FRAPS or it didn't happen. :D
  • Options
    alandoril1alandoril1 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    Me (cw) and a cleric friend, we cleared all dungeons with inviting 3 melee chars, usually 2 rogues and gwf/gf.

I swear to god all this game needs is a good carry from wiz & cleric, if they have good combos they can carry the rest. we had so many instances where guys would leave when they saw single cleric in team lol.

I would say if your cleric dies its 35% his fault for not dodging and 65% wiz fault for not keeping him safe.

(If you want to run any of the dungeons and tired of PUGs, send me a friend request, we are looking for honest folks and willing to help out)

There's only so much dodging you can do when almost the entire area of a fight is covered in red aoe effects though, and if you try to move further away then you're leaving your dps behind and get trounced by adds and the aoe they spam as they follow you.
  • Options
    jreaper85jreaper85 Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Just tried last boss a bunch of times... 1 healer, 1 tank, 1 rogue, 2 wizards, no luck... Adds seem to **** face. 4-5 blademasters will target one person and 1 shot them pretty much, with gap closers kiting is very viable. 5k hits each. Too hard of a fight IMO.
  • Options
    lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    bel1eveee wrote: »
    2 clerics 2 cw 1 rogue on boss win
    1 of each class does NOT work in neverwinter / GJ designers/.

Actually 2 CW 3TR would work better. There is NO need for control in Neverwinter since pure DPS wins every time.
  • Options
    culgrimculgrim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oddly enough, I did this just fine last night , but today the blademasters just ent around pretty much one shotting people.
  • Options
    hivetyrantrexhivetyrantrex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    She can be tough, but mostly due to annoying self healing, and if she is allowed to dispell the cleric shield in phase 2. The most efficient strategy, assuming you have competent DPS, is to gather adds near her, and nuke it all. Done it many times solo healing it on my cleric just fine, also done anything but epic depths (not tried) and CN solo cleric. Even did Karrundax with 4 people, TR, GF, CW and cleric without much trouble.

I say it is a player issue, can't expect to just parade through T2 content with any random setup without a solid strat and some skill. If you could, what would be the point of playing?
  • Options
    toxoplamositoxoplamosi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is going to blow everyone's mind but I just killed the boss with...

1 GF - 12k GS
    1 GWF - 10k GS
    1 TR - 9k GS
    1 CW - 9k GS
    1 DC - 9k GS (Me)

Amazingly if you are not bad at the game you can complete the fight with a normal class comp!
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I say it is a player issue, can't expect to just parade through T2 content with any random setup without a solid strat and some skill. If you could, what would be the point of playing?

Really? Then they need to disable queuing for t2 if you're not in a full group. The useless ****ing coding loves to make 5dps t2 parties.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't change the fact that you can basically 2 TR 3 DC any boss in the game down because nothing can kill someone standing on 3 AS.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Here is an example of the spider queen I streamed tonight with 2x DC 1 GF 1 GWF and a rouge, our control wizard had to work, but its actually easier with him because there are more knockbacks, and I use mine as a filler, plus there is more dps on the boss. This way works out as well but the only way this will work is if the 2 DC's call their knockbacks and take turns. When our wizard has a chance I will post another doing it with a completely balanced group.

http://www.twitch.tv/juanakajarlax/c/2336750
  • Options
    ytlayolytlayol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have read that the small spiders she spawns heal her for a lot more than the elite adds that spawn, so focusing them down first would make healing less of an issue. I haven't tested this myself since I haven't done the dungeon since the patch.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was there in a group with a CW and a TR, GF, DC (me) .. cannot remember what the last class was....

Anyow, we had a great PUG run, people communicated, we one shot all of the bosses and had fun. We used strategy and didn't wipe on any trash. Then, last boss? Wipe fest. 5-6 times we wiped before giving up.

It was a bit depressing, to be frank.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    zplatinumzzplatinumz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daschla wrote: »
    I was there in a group with a CW and a TR, GF, DC (me) .. cannot remember what the last class was....

Anyow, we had a great PUG run, people communicated, we one shot all of the bosses and had fun. We used strategy and didn't wipe on any trash. Then, last boss? Wipe fest. 5-6 times we wiped before giving up.

It was a bit depressing, to be frank.

T2 spider dungeon in a nutshell, trash mobs and glorified mini boss = easy

Last boss, blade master adds one shot you = Dafuq?
  • Options
    zplatinumzzplatinumz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jarlax1 wrote: »
    Here is an example of the spider queen I streamed tonight with 2x DC 1 GF 1 GWF and a rouge, our control wizard had to work, but its actually easier with him because there are more knockbacks, and I use mine as a filler, plus there is more dps on the boss. This way works out as well but the only way this will work is if the 2 DC's call their knockbacks and take turns. When our wizard has a chance I will post another doing it with a completely balanced group.

Looking forward to see a balanced group finish this.. I had nightmares from trying to solo heal a group with maximum heal aggro, ended going down first in almost 1-2 secs cause I get stunned + 4 blade masters pounding my head in.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    einzikel wrote: »
    OK, so let me paint the scene for you...

Pug group, one of each class.

Brilliant run, Everyone did amazingly.

First boss... Wait.. that was a Boss?

Second boss... Well I suppose you can call him that..

Third Boss... was dead in the confusion that was all her Add Trash spamming throwing knives all over the **** place.

The Final Boss...

We didn't last 30 seconds in her room the first time... the second time.. or the third time.

Her room starts out with 2 FULL packs of Spider Adds on the sides to include Blade Spiders.

15 seconds into the encounter... 5 (not 1 or 2 or 3 but ****ing 5!) Drow Blade Masters Spawn, and the first thing they do? Rush/Root the Cleric and Power Attack him into ash. Then they proceeded to do the exact same thing to everyone else... Rush, Root, Kill. Everyone dead, Only 25% of the Spider adds dead.

Second attempt... a few Spitters and the Blade Spider still alive.. Drow Blade Master (OR "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" from this point forward) wiped the group again.

Third and Fourth attempt... Same story, except that we had time to kill ONE Blade Spider each time before the "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" squad showed up.

From that point on, it was a matter of trying to find out HOW to deal WITH 5 of THESE "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" HEADS....

Look up help on line.. Says knock them off the platform.. we tried that... turns out there is now a invisible wall ALL the way around the ****ING platform.

Looked up another guide that is just DAYS old.. says use Gravity Well and drop the mobs down the center of the platform... get in there.. and find the "hole" is COVERED with a rush job.

Needless to say.. we died again...

We gave it a few more goes, trying out different skills and builds types and the such, but NOTHING we could do would stop the "*******" Squad from one shoting the cleric and then everyone else...

and that is not to mention all the Spiders ADDS that show up over the course of the fight.

Whoever designed this... whatever the **** you call it... needs to be fired.

and then beaten... like a seal.

So if you guys have ANY advice on how to get past this last fight.. please let me know below.

Or flame or troll..

Good to hear bro , now i'll sell all the armors that I collected form her earlier for lot moar AD . Thanks for infos .
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jarlax1 wrote: »

There is no "rouge" class in this game - ROGUE on the other hand is a class in the game . And you're a streamer - what a disgrace .
  • Options
    vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    It's not the last boss that it's too hard, it's the other bosses that are just way too retardedly easy. If anything, they should get buffed significantly to become something more than named trash mobs so that people don't build unrealistical expectations about the last boss and starts salivating at the prospect of free loot.
  • Options
    kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    lexairrlexairr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My group was all 9.5k+: 2 DC, GF, CW, TR. We sat in her pit, all alive, for around 30 minutes before giving up. We just couldn't DPS her down. We were talking to each other, and even taking time to type to each other. It wasn't even hard in the sense that none of us were dying, we just simply couldn't kill her and nothing could kill us either. It was the fastest Spider run I ever did, except the final boss now is impossible for me to kill.

We tried a few methods: knocking things off in the center (post-patch lol), knocking stuff off on the outside, having the clerics + wiz + GF in circles and the rogue solo the boss, maybe if the boss is really far from the adds she can't heal, have the rogue + GF solo the boss, having everyone just attack the boss in AS, use singularities when she begins her heal cycle, focus the adds all grouped up while the TR focuses the boss, just focus her and the spiders, just focus her and the blademasters, everyone try to aggro the blademasters away from her when she heals, try to knock her down when she starts to heal (thanks wiki... I knew this wouldn't work). Basically we were all exhausted and gave up. We only wiped like 3 times while trying these different strategies.

The boss felt like a numbers game: you must have x DPS to enter phase 2. We simply didn't meet x dps. So the fight used to be about strategy and tactics punting adds off, soloing the boss, etc. Now it is simply stand in a circle and attack the boss: if you have enough DPS, you win. If you don't, find another party with better gear and try again.
  • Options
    theikustheikus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We did it with a guardian, cleric, rogue and 2 great weapon fighters. You'll want people to be on the alert to revive your cleric when needed, as sometimes the obnoxious drow will decide to suddenly all charge him at once, instant killing him. (Or if you are like me built pretty tanky for a cleric, bringing them near death.)

Once you've taken care of the large mob of spiders in the room, the rest of the fight is pretty easy. Oddly enough it only seemed to become easier for us after she revealed her ultimate form, which... is not quite what ultimate forms are supposed to do, but ah well.
  • Options
    vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    lexairr wrote: »
    My group was all 9.5k+: 2 DC, GF, CW, TR.

Try to bring another dps instead than abuse the double AS cheese because you are too bad to survive otherwise. Problem solved.

As for the boss, have yout GF tank her with the back against the platform in the middle to avoid being knocked back wherever, everyone groups up close to her inside a SINGLE nifty AS, the rogue dps her violently from behind, the CW takes care of the little spiders spawning around and toss in a singularity ON THE BOSS AND ONLY IF THE GF HAS THE BLADEMASTERS'S AGGRO, and have the GF/GWF aoe down the blademasters WHILE DAMAGING THE BOSS.
    Have your GF save Enforced Threat for when the Blademasters respawn. Rinse, repeat. Easy as hell fight as long as you keep in mind that the blademasters ONLY do damage if they charge and that they charge ONLY if they are too far away from their target, and that she heals the most from the little spiders that spawn around and that 90% of the people is just too distracted to notice.
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xunxan wrote: »
    You can stop right there.
    PUG = fail

What a stupid post. If you can't pug something then that thing should be removed from the game.
  • Options
    lexairrlexairr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »
    What a stupid post. If you can't pug something then that thing should be removed from the game.
    Or at least removed from the queue system.
  • Options
    kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited May 2013
    dtrain69 wrote: »

... can't tell if sarcasm or stupidity.

Endgame content in an MMO is supposed to be challenging and require teamwork, coordination, strategy and time. Otherwise, if everything is so easy that you can achieve it without effort, the game rapidly becomes stale and you quit out of boredom since there's nothing else to do. No goal in sight but just out of reach. No challenge unconquered.

And no, clicking a button and joining a PUG is not effort. Nor do typical PUGs have a lot going in terms of teamwork and coordination.

The main thing wrong with dungeons right now is not the difficulty of the final boss (if anything that should be more difficult for the endgame ones), but the ease of everything leading up to it. The scaling throughout the dungeons is off. And this leads to very frustrating and confusing situations where you spend 40 minutes to an hour clearing a dungeon without any difficulty only to find the final boss impossibly difficult without any warning. It makes you feel like you just wasted a whole bunch of time and effort. Frustrating, to say the least.

But, again, the problem isn't that the boss is too difficult. It's that everything up to the boss had been too easy. Endgame dungeons should obliterate an ill-prepared and unorganized group within the first 10 to 15 minutes. At the first boss, at the very latest. And the bosses should scale gradually in difficulty.
  • Options
    xanderz19xanderz19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    I'm a TR and my 2 friends are clerics. We allways get a pug cw and the last one doesn't matter, whatever we get first. We don't really have a problem with any t2 dungeon, and spider even after the "fixes" ain't really that hard. I see it totally doable with 1 cleric as well, as far as you have a decent cw. I usually let cw and both clerics take care of the adds, while I take down the boss with whoever else joined our party. Only annoying thing is that the boss healing makes it way slower than it should be, other than that i find it a piece of cake.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Video.

1 cleric, 1 CW, never even used a potion. The real problem is pugs, as has been pointed out.
  • Options
    rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bel1eveee wrote: »
    2 clerics 2 cw 1 rogue on boss win
    1 of each class does NOT work in neverwinter / GJ designers/.

Yep, we actually tried the Temple of Spider with a group containing each class. It was impossible to do the last boss. I doubt the devs or QA playtested this.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep, we actually tried the Temple of Spider with a group containing each class. It was impossible to do the last boss. I doubt the devs or QA playtested this.

Replace "it was impossible" with "we are clueless and failed horribly due to our own lack of knowledge of the boss/game mechanics". Then your statement can get a shred of consideration.
  • Options
    shienarashienara Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for your video Deistik. We did our first attempt tonight and killed her in the second try :)
    I play with a group containing one of each class, noone of us have more then one piece of t2.