test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic Temple of the Spider - WTF are the Dev's thinking?

einzikeleinzikel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
OK, so let me paint the scene for you...

Pug group, one of each class.

Brilliant run, Everyone did amazingly.

First boss... Wait.. that was a Boss?

Second boss... Well I suppose you can call him that..

Third Boss... was dead in the confusion that was all her Add Trash spamming throwing knives all over the **** place.

The Final Boss...

We didn't last 30 seconds in her room the first time... the second time.. or the third time.

Her room starts out with 2 FULL packs of Spider Adds on the sides to include Blade Spiders.

15 seconds into the encounter... 5 (not 1 or 2 or 3 but ****ing 5!) Drow Blade Masters Spawn, and the first thing they do? Rush/Root the Cleric and Power Attack him into ash. Then they proceeded to do the exact same thing to everyone else... Rush, Root, Kill. Everyone dead, Only 25% of the Spider adds dead.

Second attempt... a few Spitters and the Blade Spider still alive.. Drow Blade Master (OR "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" from this point forward) wiped the group again.

Third and Fourth attempt... Same story, except that we had time to kill ONE Blade Spider each time before the "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" squad showed up.

From that point on, it was a matter of trying to find out HOW to deal WITH 5 of THESE "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" HEADS....

Look up help on line.. Says knock them off the platform.. we tried that... turns out there is now a invisible wall ALL the way around the ****ING platform.

Looked up another guide that is just DAYS old.. says use Gravity Well and drop the mobs down the center of the platform... get in there.. and find the "hole" is COVERED with a rush job.

Needless to say.. we died again...

We gave it a few more goes, trying out different skills and builds types and the such, but NOTHING we could do would stop the "*******" Squad from one shoting the cleric and then everyone else...

and that is not to mention all the Spiders ADDS that show up over the course of the fight.

Whoever designed this... whatever the **** you call it... needs to be fired.

and then beaten... like a seal.

So if you guys have ANY advice on how to get past this last fight.. please let me know below.

Or flame or troll..
Post edited by einzikel on

Comments

• bel1eveeebel1eveee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 clerics 2 cw 1 rogue on boss win
    1 of each class does NOT work in neverwinter / GJ designers/.
  • mrfishtunamrfishtuna Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rothe Valley: Temple of the Spider

Players may no longer sneak past the final boss' gate in Temple of the Spider via clever use of collision.
    Players may no longer lure the boss of Temple of the Spider into instant-kill areas.

Which also fixed throwing mobs off anywhere, working as intended
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This fight can be done even after the changes. My guild took her down last night. We went with 2 clerics, 1 GF,1 Rogue, 1 CW but I think one of each class would also work just fine. Phase one is a marathon not a sprint. While she is in drow form she heals extremely fast by killing off her own adds then re-summoning more. The trick is to have everyone pile on the boss. Cleric tosses AS and hallowed ground. GS tanks her. CW ranges the spiders and rogue sticks his lil daggers in her face. Blade masters spawn and try to WTFBBQ you...no worries knock them back. Then.....knock them back again and again and again. You are going to whittle her down little by little and at the same time aoe dps the area so the blade masters take some damage between knock backs. Keep this up till she transforms to drider form and then the fight becomes much more manageable. Now that's the simplified version of course as the fight is pure glorious chaos ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • voltus5voltus5 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im with the OP on this.. the fight is just stupid now.

It was ok before when you could put some ads down the hole in the middle.. But as it stands now its nearly impossible to get her past 80%.. the healing needs to be scaled down if we cant Punt adds down the hole.

The tuning is J ust too high.

Spellplague is meant to be harder but now its Cake compared to this fight.

Please tone down her healing.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does pulling side groups still works? If so, do it first?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No one of each class works pretty well. But i can sense here a major crowd control failure and an inability to build a strategy. So, here is a how to for dummies.

The arena is a big circle with cliffs and edges. Get on the edge, the cleric will try to aggro all the adds, the CW will have to have a 100% uptime on singularity, use the wind ability to push mobs into nothingness, etc, while the GF holds the boss at the opposite of the map, the rogue use a stealth build to dps and stay alive, and the GWFs aggroes the mobs spawning near the boss with AOE skills to get them to the cleric/CW. The GWF doesn't do damage, he's just dragging mobs to the major aggro source. This will work pretty well, as long as everyone is a competent player.
  • kabutakoskabutakos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You dont need 2 clerics to complete any t2 dungeons,i have succesfully completed all t2 dungeons(except Vaults,CN which i havent tried yet) with only 1 and not 10k+ gear score that most ppl advertise as needed.

Just aoe everything near boss and use pots.its pretty much doable.

PS:Also done those with pugs,if ur lucky to find good ppl that dont quit.
  • churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I thought it was hard too, but I'd say it's probably the easiest T2 now.
  • zplatinumzzplatinumz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought it was hard too, but I'd say it's probably the easiest T2 now.

Assuming you did it with a guild, as it stands its nearly impossible to finish it with a pug group. Had 2 pug groups who couldnt CC adds properly, as for me being a cleric with amazing healing agro every add in the room beelines to me just so I can get instagib with no chance of survival.

Edit: please dont say run a 2 cleric group. No thats not an answer, as most people know how broken astral shield stacking is, I wouldn't be surprised to see the nerf hammer to come around and stop this.
    edited May 2013
    I understand the Devs put the voice chat thing in for people to use it.. But they dont.

honestly people are starting to leave neverwinter because if things like this..

You Just cant scale a dungeon in this way where most of the Trash is more challenging then the first 2 bosses but the last boss is 1000% harder then anything else..

its called Scaling and Tuning.

I think they got sick off ppl bugging her well fine we cant do that and cant punt off the ledge but it seems to me they took away the middle hole and didnt bother trying to do it themselves.

its just stupid to have such a high spike in Difficulty at the final encounter.

it should be doable with ANY composition ( providing reasonable dps and CC). I should technically be able to do this at 9500 GS and some skill but as it stands its too random with the heals from adds going into her web. I am also a cleric and can Kite the adds but lets say a mage casts singularity and she puts a triple web down below it, she heals from 60% to 80% in like 2 seconds and there is nothing you can do about it.

IM going to try with the a full guild run tomorrow with the strats you mention here.. but it doesn't change the fact that the Tuning of her Healing needs a tweak if you are going to make it impossible to send the adds to her bottomless pit.
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    einzikel wrote: »

Pug group... [meaningless]...[end]
    You can stop right there.
    PUG = fail
    edited May 2013
    I don't really see double AS as a bug, it provides the same benefit as two TRs (if bleeds stacked) or two CWs, just a different aspect of the game.

But no, that's not really the answer.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    we managed to pull the boss out of the dungeon before the patch ones - but even then, without any adds and here not blinking away or healing - it takes forever to get her down...she has a ton of health and if one of the party dies its usually over... most fights really depend on finding a good rythmn, once you got that and nobody falls out of it, it works - but i agree t2 bosses are too hard and take too long...i'd either make em easier or (my preference) give them less health...
  • zplatinumzzplatinumz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't really see double AS as a bug, it provides the same benefit as two TRs (if bleeds stacked) or two CWs, just a different aspect of the game.

But no, that's not really the answer.

I'm not trying to get on your back about this, the point I want to make is double astral shield is way too effective than having 1 cleric and 2 CW or 2 TR. The fact that GF and GWF don't bring enough benefits to the group as a whole, some serious changes are needed. Who want to run a group with 1 of every class when you can do what I mention above?

It defeats group diversity if the only solution requires stacking 2 of the same class in a group. Anyway since its in this ''Open Beta'' maybe we might see a fix to these problems, but I wont hold my breath.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    No one of each class works pretty well. But i can sense here a major crowd control failure and an inability to build a strategy. So, here is a how to for dummies.

The arena is a big circle with cliffs and edges. Get on the edge, the cleric will try to aggro all the adds, the CW will have to have a 100% uptime on singularity, use the wind ability to push mobs into nothingness, etc, while the GF holds the boss at the opposite of the map, the rogue use a stealth build to dps and stay alive, and the GWFs aggroes the mobs spawning near the boss with AOE skills to get them to the cleric/CW. The GWF doesn't do damage, he's just dragging mobs to the major aggro source. This will work pretty well, as long as everyone is a competent player.

you cant throw mobs anymore, there are invisible walls everywhere
    edited May 2013
    you can all say that pug groups are fail - but if you can not play the game with random groups, than i guarantee you this game will fail...i might remind you that it is a free to play casual game not a hardcore guild game or something...which means lots of casual players, lots of random gaming - the game needs to built around this as an free to play experience...were not talking about wow here
  • ideagorasideagoras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    bel1eveee wrote: »
    2 clerics 2 cw 1 rogue on boss win
    1 of each class does NOT work in neverwinter / GJ designers/.

Stop trolling. Of course it does.
  • vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    we managed to pull the boss out of the dungeon before the patch ones - but even then, without any adds and here not blinking away or healing - it takes forever to get her down...she has a ton of health and if one of the party dies its usually over... most fights really depend on finding a good rythmn, once you got that and nobody falls out of it, it works - but i agree t2 bosses are too hard and take too long...i'd either make em easier or (my preference) give them less health...

If you bugged her before the patch (Btw, CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE SO GOOD!) to kill her AND she wasn't blinking away/healing, it is not possible that it took "forever" to get her down. With an half arsed competent dps, if she doesn't heal you could burn her down in 1 minute top. If it takes "forever", then you are just doing abysmall dps and it is ENTIRELY your fault, not a game design flaw.
    Oh btw, I have done her after the patch with a pug with one of each class, with me (GF) and a TR on the boss and the rest taking care of the adds, and despite the TR getting killed while she was still in her drow form, we managed to kill her all the same. Sure it took some time, maybe 10 minutes for the whole fight, but it is not nearly as "ZOMG IMPOSSIBRUUUUUUUUU" as people makes it sound. Stop whining on the forum and start trying to get better at the game, this is hardly a overtuned boss.

The first bosses of the istance could use robust buffs though since right now they are just glorified trash mobs. Even have less HPs than the driders.
  • kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I know exactly what to do in boss fights having read a great deal and watched countless hours of streams, and I would consider myself fairly good at playing a control wizard. But I've found it impossible to find a random group of people that could beat T2 bosses.

I've played around 20-30 runs in random groups and I have only managed to finish about 3. What normally happens is everybody runs around randomly for a minute or 2, then somebody dies, and then we wipe.

I can keep singularity up nearly 100% of the time IF I can keep the adds together, but with everybody running in different directions it's basically impossible. Then as the CW I normally get the blame for not controlling the adds!

I would love to join a guild, but I have real life friends that I talk to on ventrilo so I would not be able to join voice chat in a guild which makes it a bit pointless. I'm considering moving on to another game to be honest.
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you can all say that pug groups are fail - but if you can not play the game with random groups, than i guarantee you this game will fail...i might remind you that it is a free to play casual game not a hardcore guild game or something...which means lots of casual players, lots of random gaming - the game needs to built around this as an free to play experience...were not talking about wow here
    I just simply won't ever join a PUG again with my main character.
    I can PUG with my CW, but it's out of the question for my Cleric.
    edited May 2013
    vaichana wrote: »
    If you bugged her before the patch (Btw, CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE SO GOOD!) to kill her AND she wasn't blinking away/healing, it is not possible that it took "forever" to get her down. With an half arsed competent dps, if she doesn't heal you could burn her down in 1 minute top. If it takes "forever", then you are just doing abysmall dps and it is ENTIRELY your fault, not a game design flaw.
    Oh btw, I have done her after the patch with a pug with one of each class, with me (GF) and a TR on the boss and the rest taking care of the adds, and despite the TR getting killed while she was still in her drow form, we managed to kill her all the same. Sure it took some time, maybe 10 minutes for the whole fight, but it is not nearly as "ZOMG IMPOSSIBRUUUUUUUUU" as people makes it sound. Stop whining on the forum and start trying to get better at the game, this is hardly a overtuned boss.

The first bosses of the istance could use robust buffs though since right now they are just glorified trash mobs. Even have less HPs than the driders.

its actually not that easy to get better and develop a strategy if you get kicked from groups in 75% of the cases and in the ones you dont people quit after they die once...i think i really need a guild
    edited May 2013
    The Biggest problem with T2 end bosses is the tuning.

GS does not = skill and 8300 is really not enough to successfully Defeat most of them.. the way GS works its BS anyway I could Stack HP and get well over 10k.
    edited May 2013
    zplatinumz wrote: »
    I'm not trying to get on your back about this, the point I want to make is double astral shield is way too effective than having 1 cleric and 2 CW or 2 TR. The fact that GF and GWF don't bring enough benefits to the group as a whole, some serious changes are needed. Who want to run a group with 1 of every class when you can do what I mention above?

It defeats group diversity if the only solution requires stacking 2 of the same class in a group. Anyway since its in this ''Open Beta'' maybe we might see a fix to these problems, but I wont hold my breath.

My point was more this: Bringing two of any one class is very beneficial to running efficient, speedy dungeons. That is of course as long as one of the classes you bring two of isn't GWF or GF.

Astral Shield stacking may negate the purpose of a GF in a group (for most people) but this is the path of least resistance. My group is currently leveling a GF alt so we can get even more DPS but we'll still be running 2 of one class because GWF has no redeeming qualities. When they fix GWF, we'll probably run that instead of GF and still run 2 of one class. It's asking for a nerf to efficiency. If AS stacking was fixed, you'd see people complain about there being 2 CW's and how they can perma CC if they aren't bads. If people want to play a certain way, I don't have a problem with it and I never will. Wanting something to be nerfed instead of making something else more relevant is always the wrong way to go. Look at GWF now and be careful what you wish for.
  • jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    I completed this fight with a balaced group with one of each class. First you zerg right kill the spiders and ignore boss. Then drag the trash left and kill those spiders. Cleric offtanking the drow adds , the knockdown does suck and if you step in a root web your finished as the adds **** your face. Once the spiders are dead the boss ports around untill you get her under 75% Then she has to stand still to drain life from her minions, so kill adds while the rogue works her down to her healing then stack on the boss. The adds heal her for less the farther away they are, the group has to chain knockbacks and focus her down till 50% Then she heals to full and changes to a drider then it gets easier. Continue, the chain knockbacks while you beat her like she owes you money then win. If you miss a knockback and she heals with the adds close expect 30% of her health to return. If you dont miss a knockback she will heal for a little and kill the adds for you lifetapping them.
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kobrakai2 wrote: »
    I know exactly what to do in boss fights having read a great deal and watched countless hours of streams, and I would consider myself fairly good at playing a control wizard. But I've found it impossible to find a random group of people that could beat T2 bosses.

I've played around 20-30 runs in random groups and I have only managed to finish about 3. What normally happens is everybody runs around randomly for a minute or 2, then somebody dies, and then we wipe.

I can keep singularity up nearly 100% of the time IF I can keep the adds together, but with everybody running in different directions it's basically impossible. Then as the CW I normally get the blame for not controlling the adds!

I would love to join a guild, but I have real life friends that I talk to on ventrilo so I would not be able to join voice chat in a guild which makes it a bit pointless. I'm considering moving on to another game to be honest.

Yup its great, I love spider now I find alot of fun Ezy mode is not fun.

As for guild why can't they join too? thier are many many guild who also run TS/Vent/mumble/raidcall find a good one problem solved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Bottom line is this game has incorporated raid difficulty content in a group setting, think of T1 as your "pug group dungeons", and think of T2 as raids. I am willing to bet that not a single person posting on here that the fight is to hard have a complete T1 set "including bonus" or, 1/2 T1 and 1/2 T2.

I have ran a lot of pugs and a lot of these new gamers disgust me, they are all about finding the only wall hack that takes a group 10 minutes to get to a place the devs missed to skip 15 minutes of trash. If these people spent as much effort trying to beat the content instead of trying to find ways to cheat there would be less of these threads. I am sorry, I don't want ez-mode content, I want difficult content that will keep me playing and thinking of ways to improve little by little until I can beat that content.

The non-hardcore type players already have content.... T1 dungeons , if they make T2 easy then what is next? People crying for more content because it's to easy, trolling the game because it's to easy. There is no middle ground, hard content = better loot, people always want better loot so they try hard content, they beat their face against it because you can't tank and spank the boss. Then cry here for the content to be nerfed so they can cheese through it and get the good loot. People need to accept the fact that it's hard for a reason, find friends, a team to play with, or build your own so you can enjoy this content as well and get a feeling of ACHIEVEMENT when you beat a hard fight, not just grind ez-mode loot so you can say how big your e-peen is omg look at my gearz that all I had to do to get was faceroll my keyboard OMG DEEPS > All.
  • llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me (cw) and a cleric friend, we cleared all dungeons with inviting 3 melee chars, usually 2 rogues and gwf/gf.

I swear to god all this game needs is a good carry from wiz & cleric, if they have good combos they can carry the rest. we had so many instances where guys would leave when they saw single cleric in team lol.

I would say if your cleric dies its 35% his fault for not dodging and 65% wiz fault for not keeping him safe.

(If you want to run any of the dungeons and tired of PUGs, send me a friend request, we are looking for honest folks and willing to help out)
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you cant throw mobs anymore, there are invisible walls everywhere

That's new then, because we used to be able to do this. I'll have to check.
  • eikooneikoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    einzikel wrote: »

Pug group, one of each class.

Brilliant run, Everyone did amazingly.

First boss... Wait.. that was a Boss?

Second boss... Well I suppose you can call him that..

Third Boss... was dead in the confusion that was all her Add Trash spamming throwing knives all over the **** place.

The Final Boss...

We didn't last 30 seconds in her room the first time... the second time.. or the third time.

Her room starts out with 2 FULL packs of Spider Adds on the sides to include Blade Spiders.

15 seconds into the encounter... 5 (not 1 or 2 or 3 but ****ing 5!) Drow Blade Masters Spawn, and the first thing they do? Rush/Root the Cleric and Power Attack him into ash. Then they proceeded to do the exact same thing to everyone else... Rush, Root, Kill. Everyone dead, Only 25% of the Spider adds dead.

Second attempt... a few Spitters and the Blade Spider still alive.. Drow Blade Master (OR "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" from this point forward) wiped the group again.

Third and Fourth attempt... Same story, except that we had time to kill ONE Blade Spider each time before the "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" squad showed up.

From that point on, it was a matter of trying to find out HOW to deal WITH 5 of THESE "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" HEADS....

Look up help on line.. Says knock them off the platform.. we tried that... turns out there is now a invisible wall ALL the way around the ****ING platform.

Looked up another guide that is just DAYS old.. says use Gravity Well and drop the mobs down the center of the platform... get in there.. and find the "hole" is COVERED with a rush job.

Needless to say.. we died again...

We gave it a few more goes, trying out different skills and builds types and the such, but NOTHING we could do would stop the "*******" Squad from one shoting the cleric and then everyone else...

and that is not to mention all the Spiders ADDS that show up over the course of the fight.

Whoever designed this... whatever the **** you call it... needs to be fired.

and then beaten... like a seal.

So if you guys have ANY advice on how to get past this last fight.. please let me know below.

Or flame or troll..

ssb: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?286331-Uhhhh-Did-they-change-temple-of-the-spider&p=3801331&viewfull=1#post3801331 ... cry on please!
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    That's new then, because we used to be able to do this. I'll have to check.

Check the most recent patch notes.