test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Loot ninjas this is how you stop them

capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Pls devs

It cant be hard to implement this fix.

Roll need on an item it binds on pickup

Roll greed item its bind on equip.

Purple items sell value 1 copper. That way ninjas wont take to sell.

People who have the item equiped roll need all the time. You call them out about it and they say its for a friend blah blah blah.

I am sick of going on runs and people ninjaing. It happened 4 times today to me in groups.

The worst thing they think its funny.

If you want this to happen +1 it.
Post edited by capgarnas on

Comments

• Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why not run the game with friends or guild mates? Or build your own groups so that you are the leader.

I agree that the need/greed system is problematic, but on the other hand, it does benefit the game's economy and I don't necessarily mind being able to gear up an alt through the AH. But yes, it does cause community issues.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    minionszminionsz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree with the OP. Mainly because it makes sense on some level.

Need = You have a use for it that will enhance your character by wearing it or using it other than selling. Bind on pickup

Greed = You want to sell it. Bind on equip

Simple and straight forward.
  • Options
    gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Pls devs

It cant be hard to implement this fix.

It is working as intended. More loot into AH, more AD needed to buy, more Zen sold. I don't know why this is so hard for people to grasp. This game is designed so that PWE makes as much money as possible. You think Bind on Equip on everything was an accident?
  • Options
    gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    minionsz wrote: »
    I have to agree with the OP. Mainly because it makes sense on some level.

Need = You have a use for it that will enhance your character by wearing it or using it other than selling. Bind on pickup

Greed = You want to sell it. Bind on equip

Simple and straight forward.

Because no one Greeds on anything in any game. If people want something, for an alt or to sell or to just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off they will need.
  • Options
    pumpkin1969pumpkin1969 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the opener. I'm sure PWE will make enough money with this game anyway. That really shouldn't be an issue.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Because no one Greeds on anything in any game. If people want something, for an alt or to sell or to just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off they will need.

So if they need roll on the item it should bind to them. Not their alt, friend, guildmate or any of the other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they come up with to hide the truth they are going to sell it.

Need roll should equal bind on pickup.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like this solution.

However the only downside is what if someone genuinely hits need on accident lol.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So if they need roll on the item it should bind to them. Not their alt, friend, guildmate or any of the other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> they come up with to hide the truth they are going to sell it.

Need roll should equal bind on pickup.

The system is working as intended. You don't like it, I don't like it. The PWE accountants do.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The system is working as intended. You don't like it, I don't like it. The PWE accountants do.

You are a rather unhelpful troll. Back under your bridge i think.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Why not run the game with friends or guild mates? Or build your own groups so that you are the leader.

I agree that the need/greed system is problematic, but on the other hand, it does benefit the game's economy and I don't necessarily mind being able to gear up an alt through the AH. But yes, it does cause community issues.

Hi invio, nice control wiz guide btw.

I do run with guildies but sometimes im forced to pug. I dont mind and always get a clear. Its ussually one out of the 5 people thats a problem.
  • Options
    hiznogoodhiznogood Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well there's a easy solution to this, it works in other games:
    You can only use need on stuff your class can use, else you can greed.

That simple is that. But if PW/Cryptic don't want to change, do as I do when I'm partyleader. Warn and if they keep on needing on everything then kick'em out of the group.
  • Options
    eqballzzeqballzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not like loot rolls are something new. This has been done before in a fair manner. It's not rocket science. If they wanted to fix this they would make it so only those who can equip an item can roll need..otherwise greed or pass. Problem solved. You think BoP will prevent d-bags from rolling need? However, that's probably not going to happen. As was mentioned above this is working as intended. More stuff in the AH requires more AD which requires Zen to be purchased. Doesn't matter to them how it got there..fair greed roll or ill-gotten need roll.

This game is primarily about separating you from your money..not class balance or loot fairness. Every aspect of this game is just a bottleneck to another zen purchase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hiznogood wrote: »
    Well there's a easy solution to this, it works in other games:
    You can only use need on stuff your class can use, else you can greed.

That simple is that. But if PW/Cryptic don't want to change, do as I do when I'm partyleader. Warn and if they keep on needing on everything then kick'em out of the group.

Its not that simple. Case 1 class already has item equipped or better. Class rolls need and they sell it. How is that problem solved. Need should equal bind on pickup otherwise everyone should have a chance to greed it if its not an upgrade.

You should read the first post.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    eqballzz wrote: »
    It's not like loot rolls are something new. This has been done before in a fair manner. It's not rocket science. If they wanted to fix this they would make it so only those who can equip an item can roll need..otherwise greed or pass. Problem solved. You think BoP will prevent d-bags from rolling need? However, that's probably not going to happen. As was mentioned above this is working as intended. More stuff in the AH requires more AD which requires Zen to be purchased. Doesn't matter to them how it got there..fair greed roll or ill-gotten need roll.

This game is primarily about separating you from your money..not class balance or loot fairness. Every aspect of this game is just a bottleneck to another zen purchase.

It will stop most players from needing an item and then selling it. If its not worth anything like 1copper they cant sell it.
  • Options
    ideagorasideagoras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    It is working as intended. More loot into AH, more AD needed to buy, more Zen sold. I don't know why this is so hard for people to grasp. This game is designed so that PWE makes as much money as possible. You think Bind on Equip on everything was an accident?

With more supply, items decrease in value, not increase.
  • Options
    sweetjersweetjer Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    I completely disagree with your concept of what need rolls are. Say I purchased an item on AH to get into a higher lvl dungeon quicker or to run dungeons faster. Then I find it in the dungeon with my group on a subsequent run...why should I not be able to need that and resell it to recoup my previous investment? I played to earn it in both scenarios. Need it if you want it, greed it if you don't care. I don't try to take other class' stuff (unless they aren't present in the group and someone else rolls need), but there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to bid need on something I bought to speed up process and then recoup the investment later. That's just math. Less QQ, more DD. My .02 for ya.
  • Options
    eqballzzeqballzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The supply wasn't added in a vacuum. If someone in the group needs it but someone else gets it and it goes on the AH the "increase" in supply is canceled out by the demand of the person who didn't get the item. The only items actually increasing supply are those that nobody needed in the first place. Probably GF loot. lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gumboilgumboil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Better solution is grey out need if the item is not useable by a character. Simple.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Simple? Yes. Money for PWE? No.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It is for now sir, but if you have read the State of the game or followed Twitter, you will soon realize that this loot system is changing and becoming more like WoW's loot system.

NO MORE NINJAs!! They are preparing a new patch right now that will be eliminating this need on everything <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and I for one am all for this change. If you want AD, go do some dailies, buy zen, or something else and quit taking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that you dont need just to be a greedy prick and screw someone else out of something they can actually use.

I await the tears of the ninja tards soon :)
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    It is for now sir, but if you have read the State of the game or followed Twitter, you will soon realize that this loot system is changing and becoming more like WoW's loot system.

NO MORE NINJAs!! They are preparing a new patch right now that will be eliminating this need on everything <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and I for one am all for this change. If you want AD, go do some dailies, buy zen, or something else and quit taking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that you dont need just to be a greedy prick and screw someone else out of something they can actually use.

I await the tears of the ninja tards soon :)

I hope this is true. I don't see anything in the State of The Game that says they are fixing this though. Not on or interested in Twitter.

EDITED to add: It was epic-level incompetence to set the system up as it is if they did not intend it to work that way. It is currently a system, from the currencies down to the working of the AH to practically get down on its knees and beg players to ninja loot with no regard for anything else. What the hell did they expect to happen? A sudden influx of Saints into MMO gaming?
  • Options
    talesmithtalesmith Member Posts: 116
    edited May 2013
    Good suggestion! It's a sensible system with little to no downsides, I hope it seriously gets considered.
    Add in a greyed out need option if your class cannot use said item, and it'll be the end of those pesky ninjas.
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    talesmith wrote: »
    Good suggestion! It's a sensible system with little to no downsides, I hope it seriously gets considered.
    Add in a greyed out need option if your class cannot use said item, and it'll be the end of those pesky ninjas.

The downside is that it significantly lowers the purchase power of Astral Diamonds. Because everyone can need on everything, the AH is "the" way for free players to indirectly earn Zen (and move AD/Zen from paying players to free players), and it is also the major reason why (and how) AD shift between players. If players can no longer sell BoE gear because everyone becomes BoP, then this will have a substantial impact on the economy and thus the entire business model.

(Note here that I'm not saying the present system is ideal, though I do feel that playing with friends, guild mates or hand-selected players already offers a way to not be exposed to the issue. I'm only highlighting the other side of the coin. This may well be one of those "be careful what you wish for" kind of things.)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Or you could...y'know....change the loot system yourself. Party lead has the option of setting different loot rules, such as round robin, leader decides, etc.

Seriously. Complaining about something that is just a default setting on multiple options isn't really helping anyone's cause, in my opinion.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    The downside is that it significantly lowers the purchase power of Astral Diamonds. Because everyone can need on everything, the AH is "the" way for free players to indirectly earn Zen (and move AD/Zen from paying players to free players), and it is also the major reason why (and how) AD shift between players. If players can no longer sell BoE gear because everyone becomes BoP, then this will have a substantial impact on the economy and thus the entire business model.

(Note here that I'm not saying the present system is ideal, though I do feel that playing with friends, guild mates or hand-selected players already offers a way to not be exposed to the issue. I'm only highlighting the other side of the coin. This may well be one of those "be careful what you wish for" kind of things.)

I think you are missing what i said in the first post.

If you roll need its bound to you and worth one copper but you can use it. So if someone needs to use it then its bound. You cant sell it its worth nothing.

Now if item drops and its a rogue chest and you are the only rogue and YOU already have it there is no desire to roll need.

Now what you will do is roll greed becuase you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting it as "bind on equip", and all 5 players have a chance to get an item to sell.

The system works. Its simple.
  • Options
    xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only way to not get screwed is everyone needs on everything. If you are feeling charitable, you greed or pass.
    Remove greed.
    Just have random distribution, with option to pass if you feel like it.
    Any of those rare times when your party isn't purely chaotic evil, you can always trade class specific items at the end.
  • Options
    bigbradfordbigbradford Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just do what WoW does, roll need on a BoE it becomes bound to you.
    zomg hard
  • Options
    nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The amond of QQers is TOO **** HIGH. I dont get it what is the problem with the loot system? I find it as in the other MMOs that I used to play before. Fair to ALL people. If there are kids around here who got "ninjaed" /there are no ninjas cause in this game EVERYTHING goes thru the loot system other than non-common items/. If you kids stop complaining about everything in this game, it will work for everyone around here. But to break something that is good, I dont see any point.

Let me explain to you how its done. If you need an item, you roll need /that goes for shards, enchants and jewelery that are not class-bind/. It doesnt matter thow if it is class-bind or not, you just need the item to sell it in the AH to get AD to buy stuff you need. Its NEED. Greed option is if you dont care rather you get the item or not. You ALWAYS have the choice of PASS if you really dont need it.
    But let me tell you this. Cryptic didnt gave you 3 mins to decide rather you need the item or greed it, use that time to check if the person who rolls need, really needs it. If he have better items equipped, roll NEED with him. I dont get it why everyone jump against people that doesnt pay like I do. I play fair and I like that loot system as it is. If you change it, that means the whiners will make you change the game they like it, not how it will benefit EVERYONE. If it does change the loot system, that means the prizes in the AH will go higher cause of insaficient class-based items and you will force people to buy ZEN with money.

I remember in Aion when it was released, they had the same loot system as NW and noone complained about it and they didnt change it till present days. Each person in the party have the equal rights on the loot no matter that it is not for his/her class. They all participated in the battle right? Or you want to say that if all 3-4-5 bosses drop loot for TR or GF only they can benefit from those items?

Keep the current system as it is, its fair to everyone. Whiners buy yourself some brain.
  • Options
    jlc5529jlc5529 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I like the way TERA does it. Classes that can use the item get roll priority.
  • Options
    jaz182jaz182 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are a rather unhelpful troll. Back under your bridge i think.

But if you think about it, it's probably what they are going for, honestly : / so players can effectively buy gear for zen to AD, that'd make good money if people are lazy enough.