test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My lockbox nightmare..

sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Or rather..no nightmare ;)

So far (due to a payment of 10 euros and smart transactions) I've managed to open 82 lockboxes. So far I've got

1 Phoera
1 Dragon egg
ALOT OF COFFERS
10 Jeweled idols
NO nightmare :p

How many boxes did you guys open before you got one?
Post edited by sirkimjong on

Comments

• Options
    loverboyusaloverboyusa Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    172 lock boxes before the proudest moment in the game.
    happy days!
  • Options
    loverboyusaloverboyusa Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    You have about a .4-.6% of getting it. Or like that one player that got 2 nightmare mounts in opening two boxes in succession.
    happy days!
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I would tell you, but you would laugh and cry at the same time..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rojor wrote: »
    I would tell you, but you would laugh and cry at the same time..

I happen to feel like doing both, enlighten me.
  • Options
    bigbradfordbigbradford Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirkimjong wrote: »
    Or rather..no nightmare ;)

So far (due to a payment of 10 euros and smart transactions) I've managed to open 82 lockboxes. So far I've got

1 Phoera
    1 Dragon egg
    ALOT OF COFFERS
    10 Jeweled idols
    NO nightmare :p

How many boxes did you guys open before you got one?
    save yourself the headache and just buy it directly off the AH for less than a mill AD....
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sirkimjong wrote: »
    I happen to feel like doing both, enlighten me.
    Very well,

still no pony so i gave up, sure i got some combinable runes a few hundred thousand astral diamonds from idols, 3 dragon eggs, 3 phoereas,an archon and 1k in spare bars but i did not enjoy the process in the slightest. it was like playing a pokie machine only without the beer. Now please go ahead and laugh at my stupidity and cry at the wasted money :rolleyes:
  • Options
    coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Boy, Cryptic sure do know how to reel them in! :D
  • Options
    vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I actually obtained my Nightmare on the 20th lockbox or so. I was curious as to what the drop rate actually is because I remember getting it fairly quickly. With all of the notifications popping up I thought it was probably a 1% drop rate. Haven't used the Nightmare yet, I think I am going to save it for when I level my Cleric.
  • Options
    asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vikoon wrote: »
    I actually obtained my Nightmare on the 20th lockbox or so. I was curious as to what the drop rate actually is because I remember getting it fairly quickly. With all of the notifications popping up I thought it was probably a 1% drop rate. Haven't used the Nightmare yet, I think I am going to save it for when I level my Cleric.

Nightmare is account wide. All your toons will be able to use it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    asdfasdfgf wrote: »

That's not true. Purchased mounts are, nightmare is not.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    asdfasdfgf wrote: »

Did they recently change it?
    Mine is character bound and cannot be mailed.

Or are you confusing the Nightmare mount with the zen-purchased mounts which are available to each character on your account.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You do realize that its far cheaper to just convert zen to diamonds and buy one off the auction, right?

I think some people just have too much money and need to get rid of it...
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    About ten boxes in I started seeing how cheap they were on the AH,(1.3 mil down from like 2.5 to 3 mil) I was making a decent amount in AD selling the enchants I was getting in drops and in the NMLB, and turning in the idol quests so I purchased mine for about 1.3 mil, I started opening them again to do enough trade bars for the Twilight Nightmare mount when I saw that on the AH for 1.2 mil early one morning.

So I would say 25 boxes for both mounts the Phoera and a lot of the runestones and insignias. The only thing I didn't get was the Terror flame enchant, since the lb mounts aren't account wide I am using the NIM and keeping the TIM in a bank until the Ranger class is released.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    pilotmikepilotmike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just curious, why not just spend $60 for the founder's pack? You'd get an equally fast mount for every character you ever create on the account. Wouldn't you?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pilotmike wrote: »
    Just curious, why not just spend $60 for the founder's pack? You'd get an equally fast mount for every character you ever create on the account. Wouldn't you?

Because the mount is the exact same type that Jarlaxle gave Artemis Entreri in the Drizzt Novels and some folks think it's cool,(These are the same folks who will Knock you out if you say that the mount is a rip off from WoW ) I just like to collect mounts, I find myself using the Trade bar Pharhoe steed or my PC gamer mount much more often.
  • Options
    koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    Well those admin messages about it make it seem like there's a good chance to get it. Which I'm sure is the point of the messages. hehe
    I've spent more than I should have and gotten some good crafting resources, but no mount.
  • Options
    draggonwolfsdraggonwolfs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Opened 100+ lockboxes and got some rank 7 enchantments, 1 phoera, 2 Nightmare Mounts, 4 heros, 6 adventurers, enough bars to buy twilight mounts, 6 dragon eggs, and quite a few idols.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Opened 100+ lockboxes and got some rank 7 enchantments, 1 phoera, 2 Nightmare Mounts, 4 heros, 6 adventurers, enough bars to buy twilight mounts, 6 dragon eggs, and quite a few idols.

I hate you :p
  • Options
    lsafa7llsafa7l Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    30th box was the charm also got 2 phoeras
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    172 lock boxes before the proudest moment in the game.

If you think an announcement the vast majority of players outright ignore is the greatest moment in the game, You're PWE's target audience.
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because the mount is the exact same type that Jarlaxle gave Artemis Entreri in the Drizzt Novels and some folks think it's cool,(These are the same folks who will Knock you out if you say that the mount is a rip off from WoW ) I just like to collect mounts, I find myself using the Trade bar Pharhoe steed or my PC gamer mount much more often.

Nevermind that it looks exactly like the warlock mount from WoW?
  • Options
    darklock101darklock101 Member Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    koldmiser wrote: »
    Well those admin messages about it make it seem like there's a good chance to get it. Which I'm sure is the point of the messages. hehe

Everytime one of those messages pops up my thought is, "Why did I need to be informed of that?"
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Everytime one of those messages pops up my thought is, "Why did I need to be informed of that?"

When you see the message exactly 99276 times, you get a shiny new no-prize!
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »

Ya because there is no way that WoW copied the idea for a flaming horse mount from the Nightmare in D&D. Blizzard must have came up with all the lore that is the fantasy genre these days. So sick of WoW comparisons when they are the ones that have been ripping off D&D forever. WoW can keep their Dranei and Pandas, we lovers of D&D know what they stole and almost never say a word about it.... I did say "almost" keep in mind.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Right now the only thing I want out of lockboxes is the terror flame enchant have not seen one on the AH and never once heard of anyone getting it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »

Kid.....

R.A. Salvatore wrote about Jarlaxles Nightmare mount in 1996 A full eight years before your precious WoW, if anything Blizzard ripped them off. But plagiarism pays it would seem Metzen is worth about sixty Million and Morhaime is a Billionaire.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Actually they rip them off Everquest and Everquest rips them off D&D. They were all hardcore Everquest players before they founded Blizzard.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kobrakai2 wrote: »
    You do realize that its far cheaper to just convert zen to diamonds and buy one off the auction, right?

I think some people just have too much money and need to get rid of it...

This is the correct course. Open up lockboxes to get enough Trade Bars to get the items you want in the Trade Bar store, then buy the mount off of the Auction House if you weren't lucky.
  • Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    8th box for me, wich I sold for 2mil AD :) who needs mounts at 60?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2