Install Arc
Options

My lockbox nightmare..

2»

Comments

• Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually they rip them off Everquest and Everquest rips them off D&D. They were all hardcore Everquest players before they founded Blizzard.

Actually you have the chain of events correct. been so long since I played EQ I forgot...still I always expect to hear the Skeleton laugh every time I kill one in this game.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    preludeiipreludeii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got my mount on the third lockbox
  • Options
    xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    Nevermind that it looks exactly like the warlock mount from WoW?
    Nightmare was in original 1st edition D&D Monster Manual, in 1977.
    Was the creator of WoW born yet?
  • Options
    aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually they rip them off Everquest and Everquest rips them off D&D. They were all hardcore Everquest players before they founded Blizzard.

While it is 100% true that 95% of the things that people think WoW invented were ripped off from EQ, which were ripped out of D&D, many of which were ripped out of Tolkien and various mythologies, Blizzard as a company was around far before Everquest came out.

That being said, the WoW development team itself was composed largely of people poached from the team that made Everquest. Makes sense since, if you've played both games, it becomes quite apparent that the design philosophy behind WoW was "remake Everquest, but less punishing and focused more on quicker, easier rewards," which is pretty much what WoW is.
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    Nevermind that it looks exactly like the warlock mount from WoW?

Nevermind that EVERYTHING in any fantasy setting is a rip off of Tolkien?

Grow up kid.
  • Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    LOL Tolkien thought of everything? Grow up kid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL Tolkien thought of everything? Grow up kid.

Read a book for once :)
  • Options
    sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    ontopic, opened another 10 with the AD exchange that I still had. Got some nice enchants, 2 coalescent wards, jeweled idols etc.. Managed to sell it all for 650.000 AD, a good 150.000 profit!
  • Options
    ciarenbciarenb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First lockbox I opened I got it, bought another 20 keys for RL cash after, sold the mount, bought boxes, and a pet, opened roughly 35 boxes, and its mainly idols, and lesser runes, nothing great since the 1st box.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirkimjong wrote: »
    ontopic, opened another 10 with the AD exchange that I still had. Got some nice enchants, 2 coalescent wards, jeweled idols etc.. Managed to sell it all for 650.000 AD, a good 150.000 profit!

So you made 650K with 150k profit spending around Twelve bucks, that beats the zen to AD exchange rate all to hell.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    malaclypsmalaclyps Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Read a book for once :)

you know tolkein was working off of older folklore sources right? it's not like he sat down one day and crapped out elves.
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malaclyps wrote: »
    you know tolkein was working off of older folklore sources right? it's not like he sat down one day and crapped out elves.

Or did he...
  • Options
    xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Blizzard and Warcraft has been around since 1994, quite a bit before Everquest I'd say.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirkimjong wrote: »
    Or rather..no nightmare ;)

How many boxes did you guys open before you got one?

30 or so...........
  • Options
    shadow0266shadow0266 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got one of these lockboxes my second day playing and only lvl 8 how do I get a key? I know people sell them in AH but I dont have any real in-game money so do they drop somewhere or what?
  • Options
    sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    shadow0266 wrote: »
    I got one of these lockboxes my second day playing and only lvl 8 how do I get a key? I know people sell them in AH but I dont have any real in-game money so do they drop somewhere or what?

Heya, you can transfer AD into zen. Press alt and (in the top row there are icons) press the third icon to your left. Around 50.000 AD is 125 zen.. which is one key :)
  • Options
    malaclypsmalaclyps Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    or you can just buy keys on the ah for about 45-47k
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    shadow0266 wrote: »

They don't drop anywhere. You have to buy them in either the auction house or the Zen Market.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    darknssssdarknssss Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    I openned so many boxes that i was able to buy the 2500 bar one, still havent seen the mount from boxes.

Opened maybe 400+ so far and all i spent was 10$ and been selling pvp gears + w,e is in the boxes i opened.