test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

5 player Dungeon Delve=Impossible

Comments

• Options
    oghieroghier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    I've done a lot of solo pugging in T2 as a cleric. I've learned that the most important party member is a good CW. If there is only one cleric, a good CW can give them space to stay alive. In most games, that's the tank's job.

Also, never use the LFG system. That is the lowest common denominator. Zone chat in PE is filled with people trying to form groups. Find someone who at least sounds like they know what they're doing. You'll have better luck that way.
    - Snit (Cleric, Dragon Server)
  • Options
    jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    eenddd wrote: »
    Would u be so kind to show me proof of a party containing all 5 classes clearing T2 content on a legit way? I doubt it can be done :)

I do it everyday. I play a DC and my friends in mumble have a GF, GWF, CW, TR. We also can beat the spider and every other boss. The gear score is the MINIMUM requirement for T2 meaning being carried. As the cleric, I don't kite either unless I have to, like Spellplague, I facetank. The GF, and GWF cleave and knock down the pile with the CW balling every thing up ang me buffing, healing everone with attacks instead of running away.
  • Options
    zepheazephea Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is such a huge imbalance up to the end fight. Up until then it's a cakewalk... and then you get this huge step in difficulty.

I don't mind that so much except it's such a surprise. It's kind of nice losing a bit a lot - it's a real sense of achievment when you can pull it off. And you get enough stuff from the previous mini bosses I don't feel like I've totally wasted my time.
    ~*~ Sparkles! ~*~

The MMO may change but the inventory tetris stays the same.
  • Options
    zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What is wrong with these people, do they want everything to be a cake walk so everyone compleates everything?

I certainly don't!

All the bosse's are doable, and thats all that matters, challenge is part of the fun, making something too easy is as good as removing the fun! We don't want them to make the same mistakes as WoW, which started off a great game with challenging fights, then soon became pile of rubbish when everyone and there grandmother can beat the bosses.

Most importantly, boss fights are not about gear, its about player skill, and sadly the is a lot more un-skilled player than they are skilled.

People need to sit down more and so some research, improve there tactics and coordination etc etc
  • Options
    zanthe25zanthe25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kargister wrote: »
    Wow, this is familiar. Sounds just like what everyone was saying about Diablo3's Inferno level of play. Too hard, can't be done, screw this I'm out on one hand, on the other it was more, L2P ****, yeah I solo'd that boss, don't change it I like a challenge.

They didn't tone down the difficulty for quite some time and they lost a lot of players. After they toned it down a lot returned. Go figure....

A lot more left because it was toned down, they left because they was no challenge anymore, they left because they beat diablo inferno soo many time they was no long anything left to play for, nothing more to achieve, no further progress to be made, why play game that does not push your boundries and capabilities
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    look the problem is just that - yes, with a good group, that has experience, plays well together, is pre-tested, has the right combination of classes and powers - these bosses are doable - YES. The problem is just - this is a casual game, a free to play game so it should attract a lot of players that stay for a while and move on - which means 90% of the groups will not be pre-made but random, with players without too much experience, without pre testing, without the right combinations etc... for them this will be just frustrating and they might leave...

i think its a different story if you make in a game like wow and eve where you pay a sub the 123th encounter boss super hard...its a different story with a free to play casual game.
  • Options
    jaz182jaz182 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oghier wrote: »
    Also, never use the LFG system. That is the lowest common denominator. Zone chat in PE is filled with people trying to form groups. Find someone who at least sounds like they know what they're doing. You'll have better luck that way.

Then I get 24 hour chat banned, it's a vicious cycle.
  • Options
    einzikeleinzikel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got out of Temple of the Spider...

Invisible walls all around the platform.
    Drow <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Squad of death Spawns 15 seconds into the fight and respawns the second they die.
    Two full groups of Adds to either side of the room, inculding elite warrior spiders.

Someone tell me how THAT is even remotely doable.

Oh yea...

FRAPS or it didn't happend.
  • Options
    voltus5voltus5 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The tuning of most T2 end bosses needs a massive rework.

And while you are at it, Fix the Invisible floor on Frozen heart last boss.
  • Options
    diedel443diedel443 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voltus5 wrote: »
    The tuning of most T2 end bosses needs a massive rework.

And while you are at it, Fix the Invisible floor on Frozen heart last boss.

All bosses would need a complete redesign to not be lazy zerg fights, but that would take time, effort and some creativity, so it will never happen. A lot of the leveling contest is totally over tuned, i doubt that many random group will clear the dungeons at the lowest level you can queue for them, even at the max levels many will fail. Yes, you can do them in a good, balanced group that has specced in the right abilities, but that means everybody has to run nearly the same spec, because most others are useless. Add all the broken feats and powers on top and i will be even harder.

Regardless of the difficulty, most of the content is unbelievable boring already, because it is always the same fight, avoid the red areas the boss spams around while trying to handle the add zerg, no idea who will enjoy this on a regular basis for the long run.
  • Options
    ideagorasideagoras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    einzikel wrote: »
    Just got out of Temple of the Spider...

Invisible walls all around the platform.
    Drow <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Squad of death Spawns 15 seconds into the fight and respawns the second they die.
    Two full groups of Adds to either side of the room, inculding elite warrior spiders.

Someone tell me how THAT is even remotely doable.

Oh yea...

FRAPS or it didn't happend.

You know, instead of going onto a forum whining it's too hard, maybe you should look to yourself and how to improve your gameplay? Most people I know in-game have no problem with the Spider boss, or any other encounter in this game.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm curious what the community's consensus on Hrimnir is...only boss that really seems a bit excessive to me.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    jyotihjyotih Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I completely agree with you on both parts!
  • Options
    vahlnnvahlnn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    I'm curious what the community's consensus on Hrimnir is...only boss that really seems a bit excessive to me.

Hrimnir, really? He has always seemed like the easiest boss in T2 to me. Was the one my friends and I farmed before we could take on much else during delves.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vahlnn wrote: »
    Hrimnir, really? He has always seemed like the easiest boss in T2 to me. Was the one my friends and I farmed before we could take on much else during delves.

I feel like the number of trolls is absurd and breaks what little immersion is possible in this game. Not to mention the invisible floor tends to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off when they're trying to get out of AOEs.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    poac1poac1 Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    The actual fun thing is how few people actually know it.
    Because, you know, if it was that obvious we wouldn't have this thread in the first place.
    People also can't play with 1 cleric. Many people doesn't have any idea how to beat bosses without exploits.

Technically you are still exploiting with a lot of the 'legitimate' strategies. Final boss in spellplague I've beaten probably 15 or 20 times and never once have I seen it done without a CW pushing everything off the edge and stunning inbetween knockbacks so the DC stays alive.

Two DC's stacking shield is giving multiplicative effects, if you have 20% base mitigation (from defense/ac) and two shield buffs you're at something like 95% total, as hits go from 9500 to about 120 damage.

But because people don't have hard statistics or facts on exactly how things work they assume they work how described, when many of the group buffs, feats & even set procs do nothing like what are described.

For example the entire reason a CW can refill their daily from 0 to 100% in 1 keypress is not intended, but many CW's use the spec/skills assuming this was intended to be 'the best' and just throw things off ledges while their group ignores mechanics and burns through a boss.

Or you get 3 DC's & GWF's or TR's to fill and completely ignore adds, as there is no fight I encountered with the 3 DC setup that had enough mobs to overwhelm and kill us, they would hit for 5-150 damage (trash-boss) and simply could never kill anyone, even with 500+ adds in a pile nearly crashing everyone.
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I don't think he's that bad, but I do find it hilarious they fixed skipping the first boss of the dungeon yet ignored the fact that the entire dungeon itself is a bug filled ****fest. The number/type of non-ccable adds that he spawns is pretty ridiculous but it's still manageable.
  • Options
    jarlax1jarlax1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013

This one I have done two different ways, one method is definitely an exploit and requires 2 clerics and creative use of the enviorment. I won't explain how, and will say it angers me when I get in a pug that insists on doing it that way.

The other way that I use is a direct effect of some of the trash mobs (golems) mechanics. With this said the problem you have to find a solution for is trash management. The golems primary attack is a melee range AoE knockdown, there are some weak archers , and some grunts "I think". The grunts are CCable and you can knock them back, the golems are immune to knockbacks. The boss has some nasty AoE and these will almost one shot me as a 25k HP cleric with 37% damage reduction from armor. If you fight the golems and get knocked down, and then get hit by the ice giant's AoE your done, as well the golems just respawn anyway " I tried once to kill them"

With all these factors and the amount of health on the boss as well as dps uptime on the boss having to constantly run from AoE and lose adds, I kite them all with my cleric. The trick to this is of course getting agro (please don't nerf cleric agro PWE im an offtank not a healbot) Spamming sunburst to build action points fast and divine power for astral shield and divine armor on the group fighting the boss and divine shield for myself as well. The golems will **** you, but the grunts don't hurt with 37% armor, the golems have to stop and "channel" the AoE, the grunts don't stop.

If you strafe close enough, the golems stop to attack but your out of range before the attack fires, I keep all the trash in a little ball "mostly, I have to dodge boss AoE as well" on the opposite side from the boss after I gain control of them all with heals to teammates with healing word astral shield and astral seal on the boss. Keeping the golems constantly trying to AoE me with me constantly being out of range "beside them" keeps them from catching me running and I dodge out whenever I use an encounter like sunburst or I cast my shield's for the party on the boss.

When the boss does die the trash doesn't despawn, and honestly it's easier to just wipe and let it reset, then go and get your loot. I know this is not intended, but the easiest way after fighting the boss for 15 minutes "literally".

The event, is a bit over tuned in my opinion, and I think they might need to look at some of the combat effects of the trash mobs, as it is impossible to fight them with their knock down conventionally, while they are immune to CC and knockbacks and the boss AoEing certain death. Getting knocked down then 1 shotted by the AoE of doom has happened to me more than once.

The spider queen is just hard, this one is super-hard unless you cheat like I see a lot doing and could use some mechanics adjustment on the trash. I only say this because it's a chore to try and kill them at the end, if they intended them to be kited which may be possible because you can do it so easily and neatly with their channel knockdown, it would be nice if they despawned at the end after the boss dies.

I am also very interested if anyone else may have done it more legit, without kiting or exploiting. Does anyone have a different strat for this one?
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When the Clerics get on the rock, it actually makes the fight harder. I'm all for doing stuff that makes events go by faster, but that one is just dumb lol.
  • Options
    eikooneikoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    all dungeons are very doable with all combinations (1x tr and 1x dc help alot)...

example new spider -> http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?286331-Uhhhh-Did-they-change-temple-of-the-spider&p=3801331&viewfull=1#post3801331 ... but i guess people like to cry instead of thinking...

and regarding frozen heart: 1 dc kites all adds in a big circle (stick to the walls when running in a circle), rogue + x does full boss dmg, cw + x kills archers (a good cw can handle it alone). just move out of red circles and profit :D but hey why work just let the group 1 hit him and get a dual chest for free :D sad! :D
  • Options
    asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xenogear3 wrote: »
    I suspect lots of pugs don't even use potions.

They can't afford pots because they blow all their gold at 60 buying Valor gear for 10g a piece when it's way easier to just farm it themselves.

I should know, I have 500g courtesy of these individuals.
  • Options
    eikooneikoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    asdfasdfgf wrote: »
    They can't afford pots because they blow all their gold at 60 buying Valor gear for 10g a piece when it's way easier to just farm it themselves.

I should know, I have 500g courtesy of these individuals.

;) /10chars
  • Options
    zeralf1zeralf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    all dungeons are dumb atm. Tons of trash+adds on bosses. At least we can knock them of the ledges sometimes .....
  • Options
    mcmetal1mcmetal1 Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    The actual fun thing is how few people actually know it.
    Because, you know, if it was that obvious we wouldn't have this thread in the first place.
    People also can't play with 1 cleric. Many people doesn't have any idea how to beat bosses without exploits.

So you're saying it's proper game design to make it so that only a couple of people know how to do it?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mcmetal1 wrote: »
    So you're saying it's proper game design to make it so that only a couple of people know how to do it?

No, eventually there will be lots of videos out on the internet, and everyone will know how to win if they Google it, but I do agree with there being "limited" content "we are talking about T2 plus" that requires skill and teamwork, as well as a gear curve to make lower content relevant, forcing the player to improve personally, learning to play better through the trials of the previous tier, as well as improving their avatar.

Some of the events could be tuned down a little, but every social game I have played, single bosses that are tank and spank without adds are easy. The only real challenge is when you are forced to fight multiple targets and one really hard target at the same time. Sure, those that choose to not use teamwork and communication are going to fail, as it should be. Should they add more boss mechanics; sure, and it would be just as fun if not better. There should always be challenging content in a game to keep the players playing, just remember in social games you need a team working together to beat the hardest content, not the hard content.....the "hardest content" that is limited to about 5 or 6 events.
  • Options
    lordrelentlesslordrelentless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    So let me get this straight, the basic argument is that "bosses are doable" if you have a "decent group" and you have to build said group. Otherwise you're up ****screek? I'm sorry but that's BS. I was able to complete the Wolf Den and we needed two Clerics and two rogues and a tank and I was the only one to survive for the most part and that was a built group of the FEW people who wanted to run the dungeon. Queuing isn't really viable either since it took OVER AN HOUR to get any players.

In short the game is bust when it comes to the dungeons.

And for the record; making it so the Boss only drops ONE type of item which is only usable by Only ONE character class is BS. I'm tired of all the super nice items blues/purples being dropped only working for Guardians and Weapon Masters.
  • Options
    monkjaynmonkjayn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this thread seems to come down to 2 things, those of us who can and have cleared all the content by working on our characters so they are well geared and building up a good group of people to run with, and those who thik the games too hard or imposible because they cant do it so no one else possibly can.

guess what, if your in the later group, i'm afraid your just not good enough, yet. the GS reqs for T2 are a MINIMUM to get in, at those scores, your likely to be carried to an extent, youll want to be at 10-11k realistically for the most part.

and to practice, though you can only que for epic at 60, remember you can simply go to the dungeon entrance to run the dungeon on normal to practice.
    and yes, they take time, effort, skill and the right group make up to beat them, but you could just run the earlier stuff, and sell things to buy the gear your lacking.

and as an update, to my previous post, ive now cleared CN without using exploits, though i found it much easier onc ei changed my FoV to 90 as a rogue so i could see behind me to correctly dodge the hands and not dodge the on si could see only to roll into another :P

laters

Monk
  • Options
    thebloktheblok Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only boss that our guild has not killed with a full mixed group ( all 5 classes GF(Deer) CW(Ista) Rogue(Escher) GWF(War) and DC(Blaze), is the last Draco(sp) which is the last boss in CN. The rest of the bosses are do able( T2 at least we skipped T1 because of PVP gear).

With that said the guild is looking for another game to play because the group comp that is required to beat the last boss is bull ****. All the dev's did in that instance, is make a horridly long instance, with 1000's of mobs with huge HP pools, and mind numbing paths. ( go to walk way, open gate on right, clear down under around and back up to the gate on the left of where you just went down, now the walk way floats down so you can clear more high HP trash....)

All that to get to a boss that spawns 5-6 elite mobs, ( which can be killed pretty easy if focused) just to have the boss spawn Red wiz's that mass summon more trash mobs, and so on until you just get rolled. There is no fight mechanic or some skillful task that needs to be done to beat the boss, it just spawns massive waves of elite mobs. The spawns arent related to the dragons health, ( tried not hitting it to clear waves), only having one cleric and WC ( which knocking the mobs over the edge is called an exploit anyways) you just dont have the cc to keep up with the dmg. You cant kite the mobs, because the cleric gets wrecked by the ranged elite mobs. Of course just trying to tank and spank it doesn't work.

Any game that does not allow for any balanced group ( one of every class(especially when you only have 5 ****ing classes in the game!)) is just a ****ty product from the devs. You should not have to go in with the cheese group of 2 clerics, 2 cw's and a rogue. BECAUSE THAT SUCKS FOR CLASSES LIKE MINE (Guardian Fighter 12.6 GS!). Fix your game!
  • Options
    thebloktheblok Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This is just a kite fest for the cleric. Have him place AS around the boss, to heal and get argo, and start running. From that point all you have to do is kill the archers when they spawn, then focus boss, and try to keep his frontal AOE not in the path of the Cleric. This can be done by keeping him in the center of the room, because then they dont reach the outer wall.
  • Options
    xemperormaoxemperormao Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theblok wrote: »
    Only boss that our guild has not killed with a full mixed group ( all 5 classes GF(Deer) CW(Ista) Rogue(Escher) GWF(War) and DC(Blaze), is the last Draco(sp) which is the last boss in CN. The rest of the bosses are do able( T2 at least we skipped T1 because of PVP gear).

With that said the guild is looking for another game to play because the group comp that is required to beat the last boss is bull ****. All the dev's did in that instance, is make a horridly long instance, with 1000's of mobs with huge HP pools, and mind numbing paths. ( go to walk way, open gate on right, clear down under around and back up to the gate on the left of where you just went down, now the walk way floats down so you can clear more high HP trash....)

All that to get to a boss that spawns 5-6 elite mobs, ( which can be killed pretty easy if focused) just to have the boss spawn Red wiz's that mass summon more trash mobs, and so on until you just get rolled. There is no fight mechanic or some skillful task that needs to be done to beat the boss, it just spawns massive waves of elite mobs. The spawns arent related to the dragons health, ( tried not hitting it to clear waves), only having one cleric and WC ( which knocking the mobs over the edge is called an exploit anyways) you just dont have the cc to keep up with the dmg. You cant kite the mobs, because the cleric gets wrecked by the ranged elite mobs. Of course just trying to tank and spank it doesn't work.

Any game that does not allow for any balanced group ( one of every class(especially when you only have 5 ****ing classes in the game!)) is just a ****ty product from the devs. You should not have to go in with the cheese group of 2 clerics, 2 cw's and a rogue. BECAUSE THAT SUCKS FOR CLASSES LIKE MINE (Guardian Fighter 12.6 GS!). Fix your game!

This made me lol pretty hard. Why you ask? Because my guild clears Castle Never all the time with 1 cleric and either a GWF or a GF. Sometimes both.

I heard if you wanted access to all of the endgame regardless of skill the games on OMGPOP are right up your alley.