test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Consolidated List of Cleric Bugs

deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Temple
Figured we really need one of these.
  • Test shard only: Astral Shield - cannot crit, even after being changed to a HoT. Every other HoT in the game can crit, why can this one not?
  • Healing Action - Has 5 ranks, but only 3 in the tooltip. Additionally, I would love some clarification on what is considered a "healing" spell. I feel it's leaning towards spells that do NO damage (even though we have quite a few spells that do damage and also heal). The feat says "gain x% more action points whenever you use a healing ability." Is Divine Forgemaster's Flame not a healing ability? I sure think it is. The bugged ranks are fixed on test, but I still feel this doesn't work on very many of our skills.
  • Healing Word - The final cooldown (after you use up all the charges) is not affected by your recharge rate. Why? Still bugged on test shard (unless some dev wants to come and say this is intended?)
  • Initiate of the Faith - Maybe not a bug... but this is such a horrible feat. Really? 5 feat points for 1% of your power as crit rating? This entire feat needs to just be redone. Perhaps 3-15% of your power rating as crit rating would suffice? Still terrible on test shard, don't ever take this feat.
  • Sooth(e) - Does this even work? Slot it, don't slot it, you're still going to be tanking half the dungeon. Until they figure out agro, I think a good solution would be for mobs to ignore all healing from you for the first 1/2/3 seconds that they're active. This is currently "fixed" on test, as it states it was putting 2/3rd ranks into another feat. Have yet to test this out.
  • Prophecy of Doom - When cast in Divine mode, it increases the target's mitigation by ~20% or so. This is absolutely broken - the tooltip states the exact opposite. I literally took 15 seconds to test it - 15k Daunting Light crit on a dummy with no debuffs, 10.5k crit with Daunting Light on a dummy with a Divine PoD on it... Could a dev maybe take 15 seconds to also test it? This is fixed on test.
  • Divine Glow - Actually decreases your allies' damage when you use it on them from Divine mode. That can't be right - tooltip states the exact opposite (see above, this is SO easy to test). This is also currently fixed on test.
  • High Prophet (T1 4p set bonus) - First, it states it applies up to 4 stacks with 3s durations, when it actually applies 3 stacks with a 4s duration. Second, several of our spells will actually apply this debuff to our allies. Needs some serious looking into. Haven't tested it myself, but patch notes say it's fixed on test.
  • Divine Emissary (T1 4p set bonus) - Buff (+250 defense/deflection) only applies to yourself, not allies, as the tooltip states. Fixed on test (see above).
  • Miracle Healer (T2 4p set bonus) - Only heals one person, though it specifically says allies, plural. Also, if the casting cleric is missing any health at all, the heal will go to him and not someone that needs it. Really just needs to cast on all allies, like the tooltips says it does. Still bugged on test.
  • Righteousness - Simply needs to be looked at. There's a huge thread on it, and everyone hates it. Gotta love getting your heals nerfed from patches and still having them perma-nerfed, too. It's great for the longevity of the game...
  • Divine Advantage - Only procs off of three spells: Healing Word, Bastion of Health, Soothing Light. Is this intended? I have a feeling these are the only 3 spells that will proc Healing Action as well (see above).
  • Rising Hope - Gives +15% of your power stat to your recovery stat, and +15% of your recovery stat to your power stat. Is this intended? The way the feat is worded suggests +15% of your power to power, and +15% of your recovery to recovery. Still gives power to recovery and recovery to power on test, so still bugged.
  • Enduring Relief - Appears to proc off of any heal, regardless of Divinity being active or not. Still bugged on test.
  • Plaguefire Enchant - Applies the debuff to allies with certain spells. Also, seems to have a chance to proc Cleanse per tic, seems out of line with other spells proccing it. (I use Vorpal myself).

Post anything you find/know about and I'll add it to this post.
Post edited by deistik on

Comments

• zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to assume divine advantage is bugged since the tooltip doesn't match up with the functionality.

We should also mention the beneficial bugs, cleanse seems to be proccing way more often than it should.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Explain the difference in tooltips so I can put it up there (never specced into it, myself).
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only bug with Cleanse is that Astral Seal procs it each tic. Well has a chance to.

If they nerf that I'd like it if Healing Word tics could proc it.

Also Prophecy of Doom actually gives the target like 17-20% mitigation in divinity mode.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Divine Advantage: Only procs off Healing Word, Bastion of Health, and Soothing Light.

Enduring Relief: Procs of Astral Seal (I like the way it is, but it's bugged)

Rising Hope: Gives 15% of power to recovery and 15% of recovery to power. Tooltip suggest power increased by 15% of power and recovery increased by 15% of recovery.

Those are the only 'bugs' I'm aware of not on the list. If we want to get into useless powers and feats and why they are useless then the list gets much longer, but that's balancing issues (e.g. CD on Bastion of Health being almost twice what it should be).
    edited May 2013
    Divine Advantage: Only procs off Healing Word, Bastion of Health, and Soothing Light.

Rising Hope: Gives 15% of power to recovery and 15% of recovery to power. Tooltip suggest power increased by 15% of power and recovery increased by 15% of recovery.

Those are the only 'bugs' I'm aware of not on the list. If we want to get into useless powers and feats and why they are useless then the list gets much longer, but that's balancing issues (e.g. CD on Bastion of Health being almost twice what it should be).

Lol that's interesting, didn't know Rising Hope did that. I think I actually prefer that TBH.

Also Enduring Relief seems to proc off any heal regardless of divinity mode. Except Shield.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll probably take Cleanse off, because knoteskad is right, it only procs so much because of ASeal, and those are technically all individual heals. Also right about PoD, just dummy tested it, 15k crit Daunting lights with out it, 10.5k crits with Divinity PoD on it.

I'll add yours as well Unspecified - *sigh* even the one about Enduring Relief being too good. :p
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Enduring relief also procs off of sun burst while not in divine mode.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    I'll probably take Cleanse off, because knoteskad is right, it only procs so much because of ASeal, and those are technically all individual heals. Also right about PoD, just dummy tested it, 15k crit Daunting lights with out it, 10.5k crits with Divinity PoD on it.

I'll add yours as well Unspecified - *sigh* even the one about Enduring Relief being too good. :p

Going back and testing, I think he is correct.

I didn't adjust for plaguefire. It does proc on each tick of plaguefire, and since plaguefire seems bugged and does two ticks per second for some odd reason, it pretty much gives you one cleanse per second if you have it up. Heck, just casting astral shield with plaguefire will cleanse you twice in the duration of the plaguefire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dariyanorndariyanorn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add Beacon of Faith (T2 4p bonus) to that as well -- the buff called Luminescent Glory only lasts for 3 seconds, while the tooltip starts counting down from 45 seconds. I just refuse to believe that it is intended.
    edited May 2013
    Wait, are you saying it is supposed to last 45 seconds and it only lasts 3? Because I know the set doesn't state the duration of the buff, and I've found a couple buffs that act this way (shows the ICD instead of the duration).
    edited May 2013
    Bets on the first bug fixed being Enduring Relief? :D
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would bet on that being the only one fixed at all in the short term lol

MODS :- can we get a sticky on this please
    edited May 2013
    Bets on the first bug fixed being Enduring Relief? :D

Probably not technically a bug, but stacking astral shield will be "fixed" first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What makes you think they'll fix anything at all? I'm skeptical to say the least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally I don't see that as a bug, just an effect which the programmers did not consider. In other games if you have 2 aoe healers casting aoe heals in the same area then you benefit from both of them, but I don't think I have seen an aoe shield that stacks. Still its true that will probably get 'fixed' first. I just hope they don't take a sledgehammer to it.
    edited May 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Going back and testing, I think he is correct.

I didn't adjust for plaguefire. It does proc on each tick of plaguefire, and since plaguefire seems bugged and does two ticks per second for some odd reason, it pretty much gives you one cleanse per second if you have it up. Heck, just casting astral shield with plaguefire will cleanse you twice in the duration of the plaguefire.

Each plaguefire stack is seperate, and doesn't let you refresh the whole stack, thus each dot tics seperately, so 3 stacks is 3 tics every second. Lol.
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Each plaguefire stack is seperate, and doesn't let you refresh the whole stack, thus each dot tics seperately, so 3 stacks is 3 tics every second. Lol.

No, the problem is it splits those ticks. So each tic hits twice. Mine hits for 13 and then 2 damage for each stack. So you actually get 6 tics per second at max stacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bayne3bayne3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Divine Emissary 4-piece bonus (250 defense +250 deflect) doesn't appear to work on allies, just the wearer of the armor.
  • sasiryasasirya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Speaking of plaguefire has anyone else noticed its applying the armor pen debuff to allies while using sacred flame?

Just confirmed this on dummys with some friends, rather irritating.
  • omfgvexeromfgvexer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For healing action: What is considered a Healing spell? The way to tell is if you mouse over a spell and look at the tootip and look next to where the damage usually is it will say something like "Radiant Damage", "EntCreate", or "Healing". The spells that say Healing are considered a healing spell, i.e. healing word, bastion of health, etc.
    edited May 2013
    So it's a pretty much useless feat, good to know. If it worked on Sunburst (because, you know, it... heals?), it would be amazing.
  • dariyanorndariyanorn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait, are you saying it is supposed to last 45 seconds and it only lasts 3? Because I know the set doesn't state the duration of the buff, and I've found a couple buffs that act this way (shows the ICD instead of the duration).

The buff starts counting down from 45 seconds and then disappears in ~3-4 seconds. So maybe you are right about it showing the ICD instead of the actual duration. In any case, a 15% chance proc for a 3 second duration buff doesn't sound too good for a T2 4-piece armor bonus -- should be classified as a bug IMO.
  • nw000nw000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait, so are you saying that Sunburst and Divine Forgemaster's Flame aren't considered 'healing' spells?? Yeah, I should have tested this, I think I need to respec and put like 13 points elsewhere.. Thanks for the info.
    edited May 2013
    nw000 wrote: »
    Wait, so are you saying that Sunburst and Divine Forgemaster's Flame aren't considered 'healing' spells?? Yeah, I should have tested this, I think I need to respec and put like 13 points elsewhere.. Thanks for the info.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it only works on the same skills as the Divine Class Feature thing.

Basically anything that doesn't do dmg.

Astral Shield, Bastion, Healing Word.

Assuming it even works as is 10% like the other classes.
  • techcenterztechcenterz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Figured we really need one of these.
    • Healing Action - Has 5 ranks, but only 3 in the tooltip. Additionally, I would love some clarification on what is considered a "healing" spell. I feel it's leaning towards spells that do NO damage (even though we have quite a few spells that do damage and also heal). The feat says "gain x% more action points whenever you use a healing ability."

I've Tried everything to get this to proc there's no tool tip of buff/debuff displayed i even tried it with just 3 and then 5 points nothing did not matter which spell i used or in which mode it is possibly not working at all.

I monitored 5 EPIC CT run's with A.C.T and it did not show up in any of the encounter data.

charactersheet

Don't know if gear plays much of a part.
    edited May 2013
    Another small bug.

I've noticed for some really weird reason Astral Seal is half as effective on the Forgemaster Flames dot, but normal for the first tic (which is basically just a direct dmg spell).
  • jeanbatistjeanbatist Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Healing Step - When you are critically hit, gain 1/2/3/4/5% Temporary Hit Points and 20/40/60/80/100% increased Stamina Regen for 10 seconds. Can happen once every 20 seconds".
    Don't know exactly about Stamina Regen, but it gives you incredible run speed - about 100%+ for 3+ sec.
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it only works on the same skills as the Divine Class Feature thing.

Basically anything that doesn't do dmg.

Astral Shield, Bastion, Healing Word.

Assuming it even works as is 10% like the other classes.

And i highly doubt it works with Astral Shield.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • weeatdimsumweeatdimsum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sasirya wrote: »
    Speaking of plaguefire has anyone else noticed its applying the armor pen debuff to allies while using sacred flame?

Just confirmed this on dummys with some friends, rather irritating.

This happens with High Prophet armor set too. Healing allies causes them to take on the debuff.
    edited May 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    And i highly doubt it works with Astral Shield.

Why?

It doesn't do dmg, and it builds AP.

And it builds divinity with that class feature.

Patterns indicate it would work with it.

Again assuming the feat even works.