test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

IM DONE - one shotted by rogue

swingbrnswingbrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
That rights I have a tank built GWF with 12k GS, 9k defense, 47% deflection, 32khps and I just got one shot with full health in a pvp arena.

what the **** is wrong with this picture?

why the **** did i pay money for this broken *** ****ing game?
Post edited by swingbrn on

Comments

• Options
    swingbrnswingbrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh I forgot to mention that I had my slam up with 25% increased defense and unstopable going.....
  • Options
    snowballosnowballo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Works as intended.
    Snow's Melee Arena: NW-DMT7STJ9E
    Combat arena. Adjustable challenge.
    Difficulty: Adjustable easy - very hard
    Duration: Adjustable 1 - 25min
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are client side hacks where players are getting abnormal stats and effects. There's no one to blame but Cryptic for that one there. Hopefully on the live build they'll shuffle all those values server side where they belong. Until then clever players are able to pull off some funny stuff. Just shrug and move along. Report it if you like but I dunno if they can track those kinds of things.

I know BioWare couldn't for multi player ME3. Fully automatic, zero recoil, infinite ammo sniper rifles with whatever damage value players wanted to give it. Fun fun. /rolleyes

And don't get me started with Defiance. That game is still a mess yet you see commercials for it every night on SciFi.

Edit:

As a side note a crit spec'd TR with ArPen focused stats could pull that off if he got lucky with the RNG. "Tank" type players will start seeing this stuff more and more as players become more and more aware that ArPen is FAAAR more valuable then Power unlike what the "forum experts" and their "guides" are telling people.

Simple math people. Pick up a calculator. It's not that hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tehjrowtehjrow Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    There are client side hacks where players are getting abnormal stats and effects. There's no one to blame but Cryptic for that one there. Hopefully on the live build they'll shuffle all those values server side where they belong. Until then clever players are able to pull off some funny stuff. Just shrug and move along. Report it if you like but I dunno if they can track those kinds of things.

I know BioWare couldn't for multi player ME3. Fully automatic, zero recoil, infinite ammo sniper rifles with whatever damage value players wanted to give it. Fun fun. /rolleyes

Well, they tried that with GF and it broke our ability to Guard

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?285582-GuardianFighter-Block-button-problems/page3
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also has to do with how worthless building defensive stats are in this game with how much <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> completely rips it apart.

It's a complete joke.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Or, which just came to mind, it could have been shocking execution. From my understanding, dependant on the rogue's build, you can get ridonkulous crits. I think solsol reported getting 80k crits with it. I've never personally seen one hit that high myself though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shadok92shadok92 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    r u... madbro?

But seriously, even if it isn't a hack a TR generally needs to have their daily up and you need to be debuffed for that to happen. It's not like the guy was able to run around using his daily on every single member of your team and wipe them all. If a guy runs into the battlefield with 1 RPG, someone is bound to eat a rocket to the face. After said individual has had his face blown off, his comrades can breath a sigh of relief. You just happened to be the guy with his head up at the wrong time.

Pr0-tip: Starting off a thread by threatening to quit the game is a good way to encourage people to troll you and call you bad, because when umadbro pplz=lolz@u.
  • Options
    th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    shadok92 wrote: »
    r u... madbro?

Pr0-tip: Starting off a thread by threatening to quit the game is a good way to encourage people to troll you and call you bad, because when umadbro pplz=lolz@u.

No, pplz=lolz when someone is mad with something dumb. This is not dumb this is far from dumb and a rogue shouldn't be one shotting in PvP with you having 32k HP with that gearscore and in unstoppable its dumb as hell.

And wtf is this... People going into god mode hacking the file system in your computer? Who's the genius that decided to put those file in our PC's lmfao! What a joke.
  • Options
    bigtank10kbigtank10k Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And don't get me started with Defiance. That game is still a mess yet you see commercials for it every night on SciFi.

Edit:

As a side note a crit spec'd TR with ArPen focused stats could pull that off if he got lucky with the RNG. "Tank" type players will start seeing this stuff more and more as players become more and more aware that ArPen is FAAAR more valuable then Power unlike what the "forum experts" and their "guides" are telling people.

Oh god defiance... I patched and played today for new episodes... quit after 10 mins still a pos game
  • Options
    chrono56chrono56 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I remember correctly doesn't one of their dailies completely ignore your defenses and mitigation? I don't know much about TR but I know my friend says he gets some ridiculous crits with his daily because it ignores armour or something along the lines.

Still, oneshot, never nice in any game.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This didn't happen. Nothing they do will hit for 30k+ when you're full health. The times you see 30k+ damage come from a Rogue is when they use shocking execution on a low health player because it does more damage based on their missing health. Stop crying, you got stomped.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    doomsagadoomsaga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least your not getting one-shotted by anything else right? Everyone knows rogues are op, ive honestly just accepted it for what it is and just did pvp to help gear for pve and moved on.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    doomsaga wrote: »
    At least your not getting one-shotted by anything else right? Everyone knows rogues are op, ive honestly just accepted it for what it is and just did pvp to help gear for pve and moved on.

I'll take an opposition team 5 manning rogues over a 5 man DC *ANY* day of the week.

Rogues are a pain, sure, but nothing guarantees a win like 2+ DCs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This didn't happen. Nothing they do will hit for 30k+ when you're full health.

Unlike some players, not everyone in these forums exploited to get the top gear in the game atm nor are they using client side "work arounds" to enhance their performance. In other words, getting one shot might not be possibe for some players but for most of the rest of us... it is a reality.

Just sayin'.

Some... players...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lonewarrior7lonewarrior7 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol, just looked at what everyone was saying, and no one on the thread is even mentioning if the rouge had any damage buffs or any special attributes or whatever on their equipment that may have allowed them to bypass enough of your defence to deal enough damage to 1 shot you, and what about any of the debuffs that you may have had on you at the time? And what effects did the debuffs do if any? (New player FYI :))
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Lol, just looked at what everyone was saying, and no one on the thread is even mentioning if the rouge had any damage buffs or any special attributes or whatever on their equipment that may have allowed them to bypass enough of your defence to deal enough damage to 1 shot you, and what about any of the debuffs that you may have had on you at the time? And what effects did the debuffs do if any? (New player FYI :))

That's not the ****ing point, the point is I specced defensive build to stay alive longer, not to get bypassed by terrible fcuking game mechanics. If I have the ****ing gear to stay alive longer there is no fuxking reason ever to be one shotted ever.

also there was no debuffs on me, as far buffs go I'm pretty sure there is no buff out there that makes you fuxking one shot sombody.
  • Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    swingbrn wrote: »
    That's not the ****ing point, the point is I specced defensive build to stay alive longer, not to get bypassed by terrible fcuking game mechanics. If I have the ****ing gear to stay alive longer there is no fuxking reason ever to be one shotted ever.

Shocking Execution ignores defense. Stacking tank stats wont help you.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    doomsagadoomsaga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll take an opposition team 5 manning rogues over a 5 man DC *ANY* day of the week.

lost a match when we had 2 DCs and they only had one. Biggest difference? they had more rogues.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Shocking Execution ignores defense. Stacking tank stats wont help you.

So what your saying is that pve is spilling into PvP where is has absolutely no fcuking place. If rogues are one shotting people with a broken skill why play any other class in PvP? We can all just run around smashing our faces on the keyboard and win. Guess I can't PvP or pve, where does that leave me? Not playing.

PW needs to fix this broken *** fuxking game, gwf gets the short stick in every fuxking aspect of this game.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013

In PvP? Clerics are useful, but no cleric will win you a game. Might win you a team fight if your TRs are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and ignore him, but thats all. Forcing opponents to stick in group and outcapping them wins games.

And regarding OP, its a daily, most rudiculous and imbalanced daily in game, I wasn't able to dodge it a SINGLE time, I've only seen GFs being able to shield it, it can go up to 50k in PvP and it IGNORES each and ANY defense.

Have fun, working as intended.
  • Options
    alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't feel pvp so unbalanced, but it's clear that it is, at least enough to need a fix. The real, main problem of pvp is that is boring. We need less lag, less dc (a lot of time i have to play with a team of 4), and more maps, maybe not only dominion type. Since pvp is so... poor, i would say, i don't bother so much about it. But pve needs a lot of fix too :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    swingbrn wrote: »
    So what your saying is that pve is spilling into PvP where is has absolutely no fcuking place. If rogues are one shotting people with a broken skill why play any other class in PvP? We can all just run around smashing our faces on the keyboard and win. Guess I can't PvP or pve, where does that leave me? Not playing.

PW needs to fix this broken *** fuxking game, gwf gets the short stick in every fuxking aspect of this game.

Under no circumstances can a Rogue one shot a full health 30k+ player. Stop lying.

Youtube Channel

• Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    I'm not worried about it.... TR is getting some incoming nerfage.
  • Options
    s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm not worried about it.... TR is getting some incoming nerfage.

If TR get's a nerf, CN will be impossible to complete. And every other boss fight will be a 2 hour marathon.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    s3z3 wrote: »
    If TR get's a nerf, CN will be impossible to complete. And every other boss fight will be a 2 hour marathon.

Maybe other classes will actually be getting a buff ?
  • Options
    zodatzodat Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Edit:

I really have trouble believing that team that developed Champions and STO are still making client-side data storage mistakes.

Citation?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't think that's true about having data stored locally. There's really no reason for that.
  • Options
    zodatzodat Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe other classes will actually be getting a buff ?

Maybe you have no idea wtf is coming out of your mouth all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zodat wrote: »
    I really have trouble believing that team that developed Champions and STO are still making client-side data storage mistakes.

Citation?

Lol, citation? Every thread bringing up the topic gets banished to the depths and good luck getting Cryptic to own up to it. Check YouTube. That's all I'm saying lest this thread get shut down too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't understand why you people reply to trolls like the OP. Notice that most of these claims never comes with screenshots or videos? I still haven't 1 shotted somebody with same gear score as me with shocking execution when they are at full health. Only times I've actually 1 shotted anybody with it is when their gear score was well below mine.

How do I know what their gear score is? Just look at the graphics of their gears and you'll know what gears they are wearing.