What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

game not loading after maintence

Comments

• Options
    ridingantridingant Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is getting very annoying - it's not only on startup, but after every pvp match.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

I've created a sticky for this. We'll continue troubleshooting and hope to have another update within the next day. Thanks for your patience!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?291871-Please-Read-if-you-are-Stuck-Frozen-at-the-Loading-Screen
  • Options
    h2orattyh2oratty Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    try hitting a key - if you seem stuck on a load screen. The usual message Hit any key to Enter seems to be missing. At least that is what happened to me.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    On and off. Same server. Had no trouble at first, then got stuck logging in one that was in PE. CTRL-ALT-DEL it then retried. Patcher came up with an error saying it couldn't connect to the account server. But it still let me click play and log in. With the character I couldn't before.

Little more info: Logged in and out of 13 different characters working on Leadership. I was using the macro to log out to character select. Probably not related, but only my first slot character had any problem. When I finished and went back to him it was a little slow, but it didn't hang for minutes like the first time. Not going to push my luck and mess with it anymore.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    idunazidunaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited May 2013
    I'll also confirm logging in with safe mode worked. After I got in, I left Enclave for a different zone. Then I exited the game and logged back in normally and was able to get in fine.
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    h2oratty wrote: »
    try hitting a key - if you seem stuck on a load screen. The usual message Hit any key to Enter seems to be missing. At least that is what happened to me.

This works... thanks!
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Should I ****ing KILL myself now?
    no, it`s good to have another hobby if it doesn`t load :D
    but for most just waiting helps ;p
  • Options
    deberserkerdeberserker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    A friend told me that running the game in fullscreen mode instead of windowed fullscreen fixes the issue. Workes for me.
  • Options
    shadowpwn691shadowpwn691 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its funny cuz patches are supposed to fix bugs, not make new ones xD. Hope they fix it soon thumbs up for the quick sticky.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Having this issue as well. This is really kind of unfortunate for me - all seven of my toons are in Protector's Enclave and none of them can log in.

It's almost as if the instance servers for the Enclave can't cope. Yesterday, I had to close the game for a while at peak time because for the first time ever, I was getting rubber-banding, and NPCs were taking forever to respond (like around a minute in some cases). A little bit crazy.. maybe some growing pains?
  • Options
    naitotanreinaitotanrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ya, only having issues loading one character...the loading for another goes slow, but the other two work just fine.
  • Options
    vapourbladevapourblade Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can log on only with my second char, both on Mindflayer. My 2nd loads and plays as normal but no dice when trying to log in with my main, both on the same account.Hope they take it down and fix it soon.
  • Options
    shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Thanks all. We are troubleshooting. Currently, we are gathering data on the issue. Please continue to post any controlled variables that lead to the issue occurring or not occurring. We will triage as quickly as possible to get the issue fixed.

This happened to me after patch. It would go to 100% load screen and not doing anything at enclave. After about 1-3 minutes the music would change from loading to the enclave music. After about the 5th try I clicked the screen after waiting about a minute and I zoned in.... Try clicking the screen and or hitting the enter button after about 1 minute at the 100% load screen.
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    xenophreak wrote: »
    You've GOT to be kidding me. I haven't been able to play my STO character for several days now because IT TOO is stuck on an infinite loading screen. What the hell are you idiots doing?!?!?!?! How incompetent can one company get? Service of course is unavailable as all tickets get ignored or lost.

Same problem, same sentiment.

If you do get in, it takes ages ...
  • Options
    iluvatarrulesiluvatarrules Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Thanks all. We are troubleshooting. Currently, we are gathering data on the issue. Please continue to post any controlled variables that lead to the issue occurring or not occurring. We will triage as quickly as possible to get the issue fixed.

It is a simple issue.I've solved the problem by minimizing and maximizing neverwinter.It is not a load issue.
  • Options
    kavalekavale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is a simple issue.I've solved the problem by minimizing and maximizing neverwinter.It is not a load issue.

Nope, doesn't fix for me by minimizing :/

Seems as if Protectors Enclave is trying to throw everyone in same instance, 10 min no dice
  • Options
    terenceqwy81terenceqwy81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    geesh, you guys just cant login.
    i was still using gateway to pump crafting this early morning ...and after maintenance both my char got deleted WTF.
  • Options
    clortbagsclortbags Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Press Enter after sitting at the PE 100% load screen for a couple of minutes & then change to Fullscreen from Windowed Fullscreen in the options menu and finally exit & reload the game.

This worked for me and now it loads instantly everytime as normal.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    legendarynejclegendarynejc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game says: Connecting to the account server. For 3 minutes now.
  • Options
    elddirelddir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All my characters locked out :(
  • Options
    remilieveremilieve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I heard it doesn't have a problem when you create a new character.
    Would you sacrifice your past for the future?

Rose - Control Wizard
    Dragon
  • Options
    kightyzkightyz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qoub wrote: »
    I can log in with one character but not my main character.

I am with the same problems too...
  • Options
    leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Stuck at loading Protector's as well. Fix it already?
  • Options
    remilieveremilieve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Extracted from Admins Thread in the Sticky.

Hey Everyone,

We have identified an issue where some players are not able to advance past the loading screen after selecting a character and loading a map.

We are investigating this issue now and hope to have a resolution soon.

In the short term, we have found that many players have been able to work around this issue by loading Neverwinter in Safe Mode. You can load into Safe Mode by opening the Neverwinter Launcher, then clicking on Options.

Additionally, some players have reported that hitting a key after the yellow bar finishes (even though the Press Any Key prompt has not yet appeared) has helped as well.

Thanks for your patience while we work on this issue!

-Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

**I personally tried the safe mode. And i managed to login
    Would you sacrifice your past for the future?

Rose - Control Wizard
    Dragon
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix three things, stuff up seven.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    mithoronettemithoronette Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue...if you let it sit it eventually (+5 minutes) loads, but quite annoying when you're swapping characters...
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its funny cuz patches are supposed to fix bugs, not make new ones xD. Hope they fix it soon thumbs up for the quick sticky.

Yeah, that never works. How well I remember having to comb 1,000 lines of code to find out why a graphics fix on VFX in Neverwinter Nights broke my door scripts. It's not like I had the VFX applied to closing the door. This happened all the way to the final patch too, although some updates were worse than others.

To this issue, I didn't experience it. I read this topic when it was first posted, and went and tried to log in, and got straight in, on two accounts. So whatever the bug was, it missed me.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    mysticerismysticeris Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It appears that 150 player per instance is the max allowed in protector's enclave so the simplest solution is to spin up more instances of PE so that player's aren't waiting at load screen. I too just waited for nearly 10 minutes at the load screen before getting the 'Press any Key' prompt to finally load in.
    Neverwinter | Themis@mysticeris | Mindflayer
  • Options
    agentdarkagentdark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here been on the loading screen for 30 minutes my other character in a dif zone gets right in
  • Options
    redwaterxredwaterx Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    so i'm assuming we can expect another 90-minute maintenance followed by more bugs and/or exploits? cool.