test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRs NEED A NERF!

smackjabber1smackjabber1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Just saying that those guys two shooting most and three shooting anyone that lives after that isn't balanced. And this is only IF the first shot doesn't crit you and you watch as the red bar goes from over 90% - 0%. This game should be called NEVER-TR-WINTER.
Post edited by smackjabber1 on

Comments

• Options
    hellsmachinehellsmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play TR, I agree, their damage should get toned down a bit, maybe 15%. But buff the rest, rather than nerf TR into the ground.

EDIT: TR still needs to remain above the CW in DPS, unless TRs are given more CC to compensate for loss of DPS, lest TR become redundant. I think all classes should have a DPS spec or a utility spec, for the sake of balance.

For example:

CW = either single target DPS spec, AOE spec or CC spec
    TR = either single target DPS spec or CC spec
    DC = DPS spec or healing spec
    GF = Tank spec or DPS spec

Of course this could be improved upon in many ways, I'm just trying to brainstorm ideas here. Balance would be ideal as this is after all, an MMORPG and not a pen and paper game.
    And what works on pen and paper, may not always work in an MMORPG.
  • Options
    pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a cw i really dont know how I feel about this. In some matches I get TR's that skill lock me with ease, close distance while being immue to any CC i can throw off in that small time, then take me down in one two or three hits at most (i guess if their daily is on CD it would be more than one hit). Then there are others where the TR I guess has no clue and I take him down with too much ease. The good TR's who try to get to me but fail is due to having a good coordinated team who works together and recognizes priority threats. Granted the majority of me dying (a guestimate would be 75%) would be from a TR, but even after that im not sure if I have myself or them being OP to blame. Im still on the fence about this one myself as I level up an alt TR and see how they play from my perspective.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    thats TR role, you can build an assassin style TR actually so it is possible, anyway what is your class exactly?
  • Options
    cpterikkucpterikku Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I play TR, I agree, their damage should get toned down a bit, maybe 15%. But buff the rest, rather than nerf TR into the ground.

This, both are needed not just a complete nerf.
    also more classes could create more dynamics, so excited for "coming soon!"

337.gif
  • Options
    hellsmachinehellsmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pickygamer wrote: »
    As a cw i really dont know how I feel about this. In some matches I get TR's that skill lock me with ease, close distance while being immue to any CC i can throw off in that small time, then take me down in one two or three hits at most (i guess if their daily is on CD it would be more than one hit). Then there are others where the TR I guess has no clue and I take him down with too much ease. The good TR's who try to get to me but fail is due to having a good coordinated team who works together and recognizes priority threats. Granted the majority of me dying (a guestimate would be 75%) would be from a TR, but even after that im not sure if I have myself or them being OP to blame. Im still on the fence about this one myself as I level up an alt TR and see how they play from my perspective.

A good CW can take out a rogue pretty easily. You seem like one of them.
  • Options
    xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    A good CW can take out a rogue pretty easily.

True. I rarely have problems with TR, even when that TR hit and smoke bomb me 1st. Fail to kill me in 3 skills, in general that TR is screwed.
  • Options
    illectrikkillectrikk Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, when I pvp my TR I can't 1v1 a CW. I die every time. GWF on the other hand, they are slightly easier to kill than another TR. TR's are fine.
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I like how Astral Shield needs to be nerfed, GF's knock back needs to be nerfed, TR's crits needs to be nerfed, CW stuns needs to be nerfed....

If we just bump GWF up i think every one would be happy!
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bman1978 wrote: »
    I like how Astral Shield needs to be nerfed, GF's knock back needs to be nerfed, TR's crits needs to be nerfed, CW stuns needs to be nerfed....

nah.. let's ask the developer to make only 1 class with 1 skill set for everyone. No more balancing issue to complain ^_^ problem solved... at least until the next whiner shows up.
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't change PVE for PVP please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every class which has any power that any single person that plays that class can, even occasionally, use to gain any PERCEIVED advantage over any other class, no matter how poorly played, should be nerfed into total uselessness.
    That about cover it for everyone?
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have no problem killing cws as a TR

Then again the only peace of gear I don't have is the ancient main hand.

Trsa rent OP, jsut some TRs know how to play the class.

I can kill most TRs I face without dipping below 50% hp, unless they use a daily.
  • Options
    agent2090agent2090 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    I love how people call for nerfs of classes that do what they are supposed to do. TR has high single target dps! Nerf it! CW has a lot of control skills! Nerf it! DC can heal! Nerf it! GF can take a lot of damage and push people! Nerf it! (Although some GF's have insanely high damage output along with taking a lot of damage, but that's easily countered with a good CW or TR)

Only one that doesn't get any grief is GWF...
  • Options
    mrfappmeistermrfappmeister Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Just saying that those guys two shooting most and three shooting anyone that lives after that isn't balanced. And this is only IF the first shot doesn't crit you and you watch as the red bar goes from over 90% - 0%. This game should be called NEVER-TR-WINTER.

Please nerf the shouting-for-nerfs-people.^^

Stop writing threads like this, for the thousand and first time it is really annoying and stupid. I've see whiners crying about all classes in a row thah each of them ar op because of this or that. Or that smt is too 'underpowered'. Every class have it is counter,if played right. Game will develope. End of story.
  • Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Nerf the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of CW CC's in PvP. It is absurd to fight one if they are good even as a TR you will get dropped as your attacks will not land because they tele away then CC you.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nerf throwing knives damage, make smoke bomb circle smaller and the problem is generally solved for pvp.

For pve, just buff the other classes, dont need to nerf here imo.
  • Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If you feel something needs nerfing for PvP, then fine, make the nerf exclusive to PvP. Do not mess with PvE to fix a perceived PvP imbalance, especially in a primarily PvE game.
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xumina wrote: »
    nah.. let's ask the developer to make only 1 class with 1 skill set for everyone. No more balancing issue to complain ^_^ problem solved... at least until the next whiner shows up.

dang it! been foiled again. well...um...YOUR FACE HAS ONE SKILL SET....or something.

/e pouts
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A good TR seems to be immune alot to CC and my CC's sometimes fall flat, wasting my time and cooldowns and giving them a chance to land in those (at the most normally) 3 killing blows. Cw's need some ramp up time to do some huge damage and mop the floor with you, but TR's (IMO) only need good timing (a small amount of it from the looks of it) and quick reflexes to easily take out their target. Should either be nerfed because of it? IMHO, no.

EDIT: quote fail.....this was in reference to Hurk97
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Please nerf the shouting-for-nerfs-people.^^

Stop writing threads like this, for the thousand and first time it is really annoying and stupid. I've see whiners crying about all classes in a row thah each of them ar op because of this or that. Or that smt is too 'underpowered'. Every class have it is counter,if played right. Game will develope. End of story.

I nerf your avatar picture.
    valor.png
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    highlandglenhighlandglen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    man this topic again seriously lol.

cw wins end off, so stop with these childish posts. what next control wizard ,,,,, controls to much ? ,,,,, defender ,,, defends to much ?

Healer ,,,, heals to much ? hmmmm how can it be possible that the dmg class actually does the most dmg.

get a grip ffs.
  • Options
    covinus03covinus03 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kwequa wrote: »
    Don't change PVE for PVP please.

This, a thousand times over. Oh some guy (who I would bet money is a GWF) hasn't figured out how to take a rogue clearly the game is imbalanced and needs to be nerfed because as we all know 1 player = a perfect demographic to pander to. So once you successfully "nerfed" TR's to be useless (a nerf by definition is a knee jerk overreaction, balance however is something else) and buffed his own class we can start the cycle all over again where someone else will start calling for a nerf of the OP's class and he can insist that his class is fine and that everyone else is doing terribly because they need to L2P.

Ugh guys can we just stop this whole vicious circle please?
  • Options
    kilirmkilirm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    post got eaten by forums bug.
  • Options
    kilirmkilirm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    No they dont need a nerf, my main is a rogue and skilled CW's and GWF's and even GF players can take us down, if they know how a rogue works. The more knowledge your enemy has about your class, the more likely they are to beat you or give you some real trouble.

Following OP's logic, nerf clerics as well, because my cleric alt can take almost ANY ROGUE, he encounters in 1v1. Stand inside shield, astral sealing them, and sacred flaming them to fully being healed while slowing damaging the poor rogue down. The skill lock is a joke to avoid with DC, just run in circles for 2 seconds and back to nuking, sealing, shielding and owning the rogue.

It's the same ol' "nerf them and buff me" kinda story.
  • Options
    bigtank10kbigtank10k Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bman1978 wrote: »

Nah just nerf the whole game so everyone sucks in pv... seems like what the cry babies want. I just want threat fixed in PvE and I'll be happy!!!!!!
  • Options
    skeeveskeeve Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or they could just remove the PvP aspect and then it would really balance out. You could actually concentrate on your teamwork and help newer players advance, or take the time wasted doing the epeening contest and learn to do foundry creations for the enjoyment of all.......just saying.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Learn to jump and dodge , that is all you need to do or play with a premade team that will protect your undergeared toon .

Next .
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is pretty much my experience too (CW)
    some TR I can literally just hold down Ray of Frost and... that's it, I win.
    others just WTFPWN me in 5 seconds.
    all I can figure is, some TR just suck, and others spent a lot of Glory or whatever on PVP gear and potions.
    /shrug
    pickygamer wrote: »
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stacking anti-CC gear
  • Options
    eagles9595eagles9595 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    another pvp player who ask for nerf another class because he cannot stand dying.. just do pve stop asking for nerf !!!
    I'm bored of those vpv guys who always ask for nerf which impact the pve.