test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3rd Silence for WTS in Zone

wafflemunstawafflemunsta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Today makes the third time, in 5 days I have been silenced for WTS ads in Zone. Not spamming. 1 publish every minute or two. Which in zone is a minuscule amount. Other people spam FAR more. And yet everytime without fail. I get spam blocked. Got blocked for 2 messages today. Offering up an Epic from a Nightmare Box. 2nd message, 1 minute later and I get spam blocked. This is getting ridiculous. I don't troll. I don't spam chat. I'm a good player who just had a few items to sell. It prevents me from talking to my guildies for our daily runs, they get mad and think I'm ignoring them. Can't reply to sale offers. Talk to my family and IRL friends I play this game with. I understand it's in place to block against gold spammers. But for ****s sake. Your customer service reps could at least review the tickets when they are submitted. Or hire more CSR if you don't have the manpower. ****, I already put my Resume in! This system is overused and abused. You need more GM's. And your GM's need to respond to players. Not like GM's make a good check. Your company cannot be THAT broke that you can't afford to hire a few dozen or so more gm's. Can you?
Post edited by wafflemunsta on

Comments

• Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nobody wants to see the spam when there is an auction house. post it there.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Gah..... /rant.
    Now I get to sit in the corner and wait for 24 hour mute #3 to uplift. I swear. I find the little punks responsible for reporting me for no reason... gah....

*fume*
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    nobody wants to see the spam when there is an auction house. post it there.

AH is only good for AD. I sell a lot of my items for gold. Can't trade for gold on AH or AD exchange...
  • Options
    furushufurushu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use the auction house.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    AH is only good for AD. I sell a lot of my items for gold. Can't trade for gold on AH or AD exchange...
    furushu wrote: »
    Use the auction house.

See the above.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Gah..... /rant.
    Now I get to sit in the corner and wait for 24 hour mute #3 to uplift. I swear. I find the little punks responsible for reporting me for no reason... gah....

*fume*

No reason = you just got a chat ban whilst say, logged out.

Reason = You got a chat ban cos enough players decided your circumventing the AH by spamming was worth reporting.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Use the player-created trade chat.

I do use that. Unfortunately. Only around 200 people use that. Out of the THOUSANDS that play NWO.... Not a viable marketing strategy.
  • Options
    c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    See the above.

Noone wants to see a post every minute from the same person wanting to sell their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in zone chat because you're not the only one doing it. When there's dozens of people all spamming the same message every minute in zone chat, it becomes impossible to use the chat for anything else.

When I see spammers like that I will report them every time. I prefer to use my zone chat for finding groups or responding to people's questions, not trying to wade through the muck that is WTS/WTB ads.
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
  • Options
    atlanticx1atlanticx1 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Today makes the third time, in 5 days I have been silenced for WTS ads in Zone. Not spamming. 1 publish every minute or two. Which in zone is a minuscule amount. Other people spam FAR more. And yet everytime without fail. I get spam blocked. Got blocked for 2 messages today. Offering up an Epic from a Nightmare Box. 2nd message, 1 minute later and I get spam blocked. This is getting ridiculous. I don't troll. I don't spam chat. I'm a good player who just had a few items to sell. It prevents me from talking to my guildies for our daily runs, they get mad and think I'm ignoring them. Can't reply to sale offers. Talk to my family and IRL friends I play this game with. I understand it's in place to block against gold spammers. But for ****s sake. Your customer service reps could at least review the tickets when they are submitted. Or hire more CSR if you don't have the manpower. ****, I already put my Resume in! This system is overused and abused. You need more GM's. And your GM's need to respond to players. Not like GM's make a good check. Your company cannot be THAT broke that you can't afford to hire a few dozen or so more gm's. Can you?

learn 2 act decent in the zone chat.. maybe you showed your true colors as you do here and people reported you inorder to ignore you..
    chill out in the game instead of going nerdrage maybe than you won't be reported all the time?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    c0mixfan wrote: »
    Noone wants to see a post every minute from the same person wanting to sell their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in zone chat because you're not the only one doing it. When there's dozens of people all spamming the same message every minute in zone chat, it becomes impossible to use the chat for anything else.

When I see spammers like that I will report them every time. I prefer to use my zone chat for finding groups or responding to people's questions, not trying to wade through the muck that is WTS/WTB ads.

And you sir. Are one of those <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    If we could get more than a few hundred people to use the trade chat we would be fine. But no one knows it exists. So I use what we have. Otherwise, I can't make gold. And that's what I need.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep zone turned off because of all the WTS spam. Sad fact is the letters W T and S do annoy most of us.
  • Options
    nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I wish there was a 3 strikes and you're out rule. If it was up to me you would never be allowed to use the Zone Chat again.

Put your worthless garbage no one wants on the Auction House.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm nerd raging here because I can't do **** in game. Got reported for a simple wts ad. No nerd rage. No reason to rage. Just selling items for gold.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Epics aren't garbage. And I'm selling for gold. not AD. I earn AD through the exchange. I sell everything else for gold. on that note.
    MAKE AN AH OPTION TO SELL FOR GOLD CRYPTIC!
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do use that. Unfortunately. Only around 200 people use that. Out of the THOUSANDS that play NWO.... Not a viable marketing strategy.

If more people used the channels they would be more effective. Consider this. Zone chat only reaches folks in PE and a large portion of those folks simply ignore zone chat. So your audience isn't nearly as large as you might think. User channels reach the entire game and even beyond it. and hit an audience open and wiling to see the messages. The potential audience is much greater, if more folks were encouraged to make use of it.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Epics aren't garbage. And I'm selling for gold. not AD. I earn AD through the exchange. I sell everything else for gold. on that note.
    MAKE AN AH OPTION TO SELL FOR GOLD CRYPTIC!

Nope they arn't garbage this is true. Garbage has physical mass and can be used for practical things like recycling and burning to generate power. L33T loot not so useful.
  • Options
    fangownedfangowned Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all people who use zone chat for trading since game lacks a trade or lfg chat,report anyone not using zone chat for the previous reasons and prove how <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> this system is.
  • Options
    c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    And you sir. Are one of those <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

With an attitude like that, it's no wonder you were reported.

In fact, I'm reporting that post of yours right now.

Look forward to you making a thread about how you've been silenced from the forums! :P

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

• Options
    edited May 2013
    fangowned wrote: »
    To all people who use zone chat for trading since game lacks a trade or lfg chat,report anyone not using zone chat for the previous reasons and prove how <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> this system is.

The game has a trade chat (albeit player created), so you cannot claim the game has none.

And I'm sure the mods will frown upon this type of inciting.

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

• Options
    gaerolthgaerolth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I honestly don't care about the WTS or WTB people posting but you insulted a member of the forums saying "You're one of those a-holes." have you not seen this thread? You don't have tons of people coming in going "Yeah I agree." you have a bunch of people disagreeing with you and agreeing with your silence.

Instead of ranting you should be suggesting being able to sell items for gold on the AH.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're actually waiting a full minute or two, I'd be ok with that.

My rule of thumb: I use a chat window about 2x default, font at 1.15. If someone posts the same message 3 times in that window - I report them. They don't even have time to get a response before dumping 2 more messages. Have a bit of patience, people!
  • Options
    fangownedfangowned Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    c0mixfan wrote: »
    The game has a trade chat (albeit player created), so you cannot claim the game has none.

And I'm sure the mods will frown upon this type of inciting.

Then feel free to create a butthurt chat or whatever you want to call it,and go post there your rp <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>,**** questions or whatever it is that you hope to see in zone chat.99% of zone chat content is wts and lfg which means the majority of people want to use it for the above reasons.Ofc butthurt people like you are just exploiting this broken reporting system
  • Options
    ogkeltogkelt Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You'd think after the third time you would stop needlessly spamming your wts bollocks. Critical thinking is important. Did you have to stick your hand in fire 3 times to realize its hot?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fangowned wrote: »
    Then feel free to create a butthurt chat or whatever you want to call it,and go post there your rp <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>,**** questions or whatever it is that you hope to see in zone chat.99% of zone chat content is wts and lfg which means the majority of people want to use it for the above reasons.Ofc butthurt people like you are just exploiting this broken reporting system

Butthurt? Seems to me you're the one feeling as much given the tone of your posts :)

And what "rp <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" are you on about? I never said anything about RP, probably because I don't do it.

Again, as I said, there's a trade chat channel. Use that and stop your whining.

If you persist in abusing zone chat, then you do so at the risk of being silenced. Your call.

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

• Options
    neverwinters02neverwinters02 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ******s exploiting report system in LFG just to troll ppl WTS WTT or WTB or LFG so these <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> needs to go <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> O F F and die <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ZONE CHAT ITS A ZONE CHAT so if you are on main HUB (mean main tower) you should expect all kind of chat: "questions rages wtt wts wtb lfg" if you dont like GTFO and TURN THAT STUPID ZONE CHAT OFF <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I can now ask my guild report someone who is selling the same item that I am just to have no competition on price.

That shows how this is a pathetic and broken system.

@c0mixfan

Ow nice going report your foundrys and give no rating just because you are a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and i don't like you